Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tony Thompson (2nd meeting)
2012-07-07 : Wladimir Klitschko 249 lbs beat Tony Thompson 244¾ lbs by TKO at 2:56 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Stade de Suisse, Berne, Switzerland
- Referee: Sam Williams
- Judge: Alejandro Lopez Cid
- Judge: Dave Parris
- Judge: Roberto Ramirez Sr.
- World Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (8th defense by Klitschko)
- World Boxing Association Super World Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Klitschko)
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (12th defense by Klitschko)
- IBO Heavyweight Title (12th defense by Klitschko)
- The Ring Magazine Heavyweight Title (5th defense by Klitschko)
Wladimir Klitschko opened a cut over the left eye of Tony Thompson and put the challenger down two times to defend his four heavyweight titles. Klitschko stepped up his aggression following a measured opening round and took rounds two through four on aggression and activity alone as Thompson landed infrequently. A big right hand in the final minute of Round 5 dropped Thompson in the corner. He made it to his feet at the count of seven and held to get through the remainder of the round. A pair of right hands, capped with a left sent Thompson down again in Round 6. He used the ropes to get to his feet at the count of eight, but was unsteady which led referee Same Williams to call an end to the fight.