World Boxing Hall of Fame
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 23:09, 21 July 2005 by Ric
Anaheim, CA, USA
- Founded by Everett L. Sanders in 1980, the World Boxing Hall of Fame is located in Southern California.
- Since its inception it has never had a permanent location or museum, but recently (2005) it partnered with the 121-year-old Los Angeles Athletic Club in downtown Los Angeles, where it will establish its permanent home.
- Plans to open a "Walk of Fame" museum in early 2006.
- It annual ceremony is usually held each October.
- Inductees traditionally received a plaque and medallion, as well as miscellaneous mementoes. Starting in 2004, a 12-inch tall bronze scuplture, entitled "The Prizefighter" and designed by artist and boxing trainer Steven Harpst, is given to each inductee.
- A souvenir program is given to all attendees.
- Official Site
See also, WBHOF Members