Zab Judah vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 14:33, 30 December 2011 by Earl
2006-04-08 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs beat Zab Judah 145½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Glen Hamada 119-109
- Judge: Dave Moretti 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 117-111
- International Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Judah)
- International Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (Vacant)
- Weights: Judah 145.5 lbs, Mayweather 146 lbs
- Mayweather's glove touched the canvas in the 2nd round after a short right hook by Judah, but referee Steele ruled it a slip.
- During the tenth round, Judah hit Mayweather with a low blow, followed by a rabbit punch to the back of Mayweather's head. The ref called time-out and as both fighters went to their neutral corners, Mayweather's trainer, Roger Mayweather, entered the ring and a riot erupted inside the ring as Judah's corner entered soon after. Local security defused the situation and the fight was allowed to resume. Roger Mayweather was suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for a year and fined $200,000.
- The fight generated 350,000 pay-per-view buys and $15.7 million in PPV revenue.