Zab Judah vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 20:16, 7 July 2011 by Fasan
2006-04-08 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs beat Zab Judah 145½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Glen Hamada 119-109
- Judge: Dave Moretti 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 117-111
- International Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (Judah's 2nd defense)
- International Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Weights: Judah 145.5 lbs, Mayweather 146 lbs
- Mayweather was dropped in the second round as his glove touched the canvas following a Judah right hook however, referee Richard Steele did not rule Mayweather down.
- During the tenth round, Judah hit Mayweather with a low blow, followed by a rabbit punch to the back of Mayweather's head. The ref called time out and as both fighters went to neutral corners, Mayweather's trainer, Roger Mayweather, entered the ring and a riot erupted inside the ring as Judah's corner entered soon after. Local security defused the situation and the fight was allowed to resume. Roger Mayweather was suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for a year and fined $200,000.