Search found 3 matches

by CharleyMitchell
12 Jan 2009, 20:38
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Which heavyweight title fight was the most one sided?
Replies: 39
Views: 1711

Re: Which heavyweight title fight was the most one sided?

A better question is what mythical fight between top fighters from different eras would have been the most lopsided? My vote goes to Jack Dempsey vs. Wlad Klitschko-I see Wlad shooting a couple of his weak jabs towards Dempsey, who is far too fast and skilled to be hit by such a "weapon," ...
by CharleyMitchell
09 Jan 2009, 15:40
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Roy Jones in better times?
Replies: 82
Views: 2419

Re: Roy Jones in better times?

My question is why is there so much talk about Roy Jones' talent? Obviously there's not near as much talent in the heavyweight division as in past eras, so why would there be much talent in other divisions? I would say that much like the heavyweights, the talent pool for the other divisions is mostl...
by CharleyMitchell
06 Jan 2009, 15:35
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Roy Jones in better times?
Replies: 82
Views: 2419

Roy Jones in better times?

I just recently stumbled upon this forum and decided to contribute. At what time, if any, do you feel Roy Jones Jr. could have been a top contender(by this I mean able to pose a real threat to or defeat a world champion) as a middleweight in the '40s and '50s? I, personally, don't think that his chi...