Search found 24 matches

by BOXERJOSH
19 Sep 2011, 17:07
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Josh you have my condolences over the passing of your father. Thanks Rick, much appreciated. It's amazing though....of all the memories that I have of my dad, spending time going to and watching the fights with him were the most outstanding, especially those at the Olympic Auditorium. It proves tha...
by BOXERJOSH
19 Sep 2011, 15:40
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

> frank I found about 25 from the olympic with the right searchs I'll continue my search on youtube with entering the name of the fighters, thanks Greg. >start with armando muniz got good results there. sorry about your dad.... Thanks Greg...it's all good though; I choose to celebrate my dad today ...
by BOXERJOSH
19 Sep 2011, 15:24
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

You won't find many fights from the Olympic on Youtube, Boxer... Thanks Frank. I've found that out myself searching youtube....wishful thinking I guess. ~Joshua > frank I found about 25 from the olympic with the right searchs I'll continue my search on youtube with entering the name of the fighters...
by BOXERJOSH
19 Sep 2011, 15:00
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Boxing from the Olympic Auditorium...... I haven't posted in a while, hope everyone is doing well- I think that I posted this question before but I can't remember if anyone replied with an answer: Does anyone know where any downloads of the weekly fights from the Olympic Auditorium might be? Today ...
by BOXERJOSH
19 Sep 2011, 14:29
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Boxing from the Olympic Auditorium...... I haven't posted in a while, hope everyone is doing well- I think that I posted this question before but I can't remember if anyone replied with an answer: Does anyone know where any downloads of the weekly fights from the Olympic Auditorium might be? Today i...
by BOXERJOSH
19 Sep 2011, 13:24
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Boxing from the Olympic Auditorium......
Replies: 1
Views: 224

Boxing from the Olympic Auditorium......

I haven't posted in a while, hope everyone is doing well- I think that I posted this question before but I can't remember if anyone replied with an answer: Does anyone know where any downloads of the weekly fights from the Olympic Auditorium might be? Today is the 4th anniversary of my dad's passing...
by BOXERJOSH
24 Apr 2011, 21:34
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

I Frankie Duarte remembers "The Catacombs" . . . In 1986, I was reconnected with an old boxing amigo from days gone by, Frankie Duarte. I was the LD on NBC's "Highway to Heaven", and Michael Landon's co-star, Victor French, was a major backer of Ten Goose Boxing. Wth French's he...
by BOXERJOSH
24 Apr 2011, 16:29
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Frankie Duarte remembers "The Catacombs" . . . In 1986, I was reconnected with an old boxing amigo from days gone by, Frankie Duarte. I was the LD on NBC's "Highway to Heaven", and Michael Landon's co-star, Victor French, was a major backer of Ten Goose Boxing. Wth French's help...
by BOXERJOSH
24 Apr 2011, 04:47
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

I dont believe that I've ever seen a post on Canto Robledo, the boxing trainer that had no sight....anyone have thoughts on him and how he was able to overcome the lack of sight and still train fighters? Canto . . . Josh, if you look back thru the thousands of posts on this thread, you'll find disc...
by BOXERJOSH
23 Apr 2011, 11:54
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

I dont believe that I've ever seen a post on Canto Robledo, the boxing trainer that had no sight....anyone have thoughts on him and how he was able to overcome the lack of sight and still train fighters?
by BOXERJOSH
23 Apr 2011, 03:35
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

HaPpY BiRtHdAy CoNnIe! :bow: :TU:
by BOXERJOSH
19 Apr 2011, 17:55
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

kikibalt wrote:
BOXERJOSH wrote:How do I go about reserving a seat at the CBHOF luncheon in June? :box: :DDD
Call Don Fraser at 818-761-4887. He'll tell you to send $50.00 and he'll send you the ticket.... :OhYes:
Thanks Frank, much appreciated. Can't wait to attend.
by BOXERJOSH
19 Apr 2011, 17:49
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

How do I go about reserving a seat at the CBHOF luncheon in June? :box: :DDD
by BOXERJOSH
31 Mar 2011, 12:53
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

"nostalgia is a wonderful thing!" For some of us oldies, that's all we have left.... :lol: Yeh, but you guy's were lucky you saw those old fights at the olympic and hollywood legion Me i only read about them, too young. It was an era of boxing in L.A. that will never be repeated...the bes...
by BOXERJOSH
12 Mar 2011, 12:43
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

funny as hell....

Image
by BOXERJOSH
12 Mar 2011, 12:02
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Does anyone have information on Augie Pantellas?
by BOXERJOSH
02 Mar 2011, 00:59
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Rafael Ruelas , I remember watching his fight with a journeyman fighter named Mauro Gutierrez , at the time Rafael was unbeaten and was expected to beat Gutierrez , but in the second round Gutierrez knocks Ruelas down and it looks like Ruelas is gonna rise at nine but loses track of the count and r...
by BOXERJOSH
29 Jan 2011, 05:06
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

bennie wrote:It's the same with Rick and Tom. Facebook is crammed with name-a-likes.
Here 'ya go boys paste the following into your browser and Frank's FB profile will open:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 79&sk=info


-Joshua Hernandez
by BOXERJOSH
27 Jan 2011, 10:39
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Boxing and the MMA . . . Lots of people are under the impression that boxing is losing fans to the MMA, but I have to disagree. Boxing fans and MMA fans are a different breed. If people are losing interest in boxing, it's not because of a new fighting sport. It's because championship boxing today r...
by BOXERJOSH
13 Jan 2011, 15:27
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: What Is Your Favourite Punch?
Replies: 28
Views: 1248

Re: What Is Your Favourite Punch?

...i think the left jab is the best and most important punch in boxing. it's good on defense, on offense and can set up every other punch in the arsenal Nothing beats the good 'ol left hook to the liver, devastating and debilitating. Put's a guy out almost every time and you never forget that kind ...
by BOXERJOSH
09 Jan 2011, 16:56
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Thanks Joshua, yes, the boys were fighters alright.... :OhYes: Tough boys in the ring. forgot to mention a few more of my favorites from back in the day- Oscar Albarado Armando Muniz and the beloved, Mando Ramos whose fights I'll never forget and lost my voice screaming for him to knock the guy out...
by BOXERJOSH
09 Jan 2011, 14:08
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

And of course Frankie fought Bazooka Limon.... :witz your boys were the best! i watched their fights all the time back then! Thanks Joshua, yes, the boys were fighters alright.... :OhYes: Tough boys in the ring. forgot to mention a few more of my favorites from back in the day- Oscar Albarado Arman...
by BOXERJOSH
09 Jan 2011, 13:10
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

Thanks for the invite to post. So many great fighters back then... Bazooka Limon Raul Rojas Chucho Garcia Rene Arredondo Schoolboy Gonzales Juan Kid Meza Frankie Duarte Frankie Granados The best fights were the prelims, non stop action, sweat flying phone booth warfare. Matchmaking back then was so...
by BOXERJOSH
09 Jan 2011, 02:33
Forum: Boxing History
Topic: Classic American West Coast Boxing
Replies: 44882
Views: 2787103

Re: Classic American West Coast Boxing

I received this PM from Joshua Henandez. I invited him to join us, hope he does... :OhYes: :TU: When I was a little boy, my dad used to take me to watch the fights at the Olympic Auditorium that was in the 60's; after he died (1977), I used to go there with my buddies to watch some terrific battles...