Kell Brook v Carson Jones 7th July?

BobbyDobbs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Kell Brook v Carson Jones 7th July?

Post by BobbyDobbs » 13 May 2012, 10:23

Carson weighed 158 does that maybe tell you something? He wasnt in shape and was fighting way out of his proper weight class

BobbyDobbs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BobbyDobbs » 14 May 2012, 15:28

Adamj1987
Welterweight

Post by Adamj1987 » 14 May 2012, 15:31

Motorpoint Arena

bigB
Lightweight

Post by bigB » 15 May 2012, 06:50

BobbyDobbs wrote:Image
lol

Old bones Ian
Cruiserweight

Post by Old bones Ian » 15 May 2012, 14:19

1st meeting ahead of the fight between the boxers, looks like its warming up nicely.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/boxing/b ... -1-4550560

Final round
Lightweight

Post by Final round » 15 May 2012, 17:05

Old bones Ian wrote:1st meeting ahead of the fight between the boxers, looks like its warming up nicely.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/boxing/b ... -1-4550560
I preferred this pic...

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/hes-go ... rson-jones

leforge
Light Heavyweight

Post by leforge » 15 May 2012, 17:10

Jones will test Brook I reckon. Think Kell will win but going to take some shots for a change.

TJ77
Lightweight

Post by TJ77 » 15 May 2012, 17:17

C'mon Kell cannot fuckin wait for this one
:TU:

smoggy7188
Lightweight

Post by smoggy7188 » 15 May 2012, 17:20

It also came out at the press conference that the winner of Hope/Proska will fight Barker in September sometime.

leforge
Light Heavyweight

Post by leforge » 15 May 2012, 17:26

smoggy7188 wrote:It also came out at the press conference that the winner of Hope/Proska will fight Barker in September sometime.
Good comeback fight for Barker. I looking forward to Hope v Proska 2

Camcas
Lightweight

Post by Camcas » 15 May 2012, 17:38

smoggy7188 wrote:It also came out at the press conference that the winner of Hope/Proska will fight Barker in September sometime.
Tough fight for him having been out for so long

mfc_se15
Super Featherweight

Post by mfc_se15 » 16 May 2012, 03:48

Good matchup whoever it is v Barker I think.

Asterix
Super Welterweight

Post by Asterix » 16 May 2012, 05:57

Well played. :TU:
mrpedigree wrote:
crusader wrote:A very strong argument can be made that Jones is top 15.
What with 8 loses :o ..surely to break in to the top 15 you gotta be beating top 15 or less opponents ? who has jones fought/beat to be in the top 15 ? :-?
It just seems to be the trend with most of our fighters,they all wanna pad their records with bums ,Cleverly is doing the same and the only good fighter he fought he wont rematch :roll:
People go on about Calzaghe and i know he fought a few bums but at least by his 22nd fight he was fighting former world champions like Eubank etc
Don't get hung up on figures. Glen Johnson has plenty of losses. Bernard Hopkins once lost to Clinton Mitchell W 3 (KO 1) - L 1 (KO 1) - D 1.

What matters is current form. Jones' current form is that he's living off a win against Said Ouali.

BobbyDobbs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BobbyDobbs » 16 May 2012, 08:37

People who arent matchmakers miss certain things.

For example look at Germaine Sanders win. Look at the guys who he had fought just before Carson and the results. The Carson came in and was the first guy to knock him out in 10 years.

Then look at the win over Ricardo Williams. He was 19-2 and coming off several wins. Carson was he first man EVER to knock him down and stop him.

The Russian, Carson stopped him and several MIDDLEWEIGHTS subsequent to Carson had tough fights with him and couldnt stop him.

bigB
Lightweight

Post by bigB » 16 May 2012, 09:07

BobbyDobbs wrote:People who arent matchmakers miss certain things.

For example look at Germaine Sanders win. Look at the guys who he had fought just before Carson and the results. The Carson came in and was the first guy to knock him out in 10 years.

Then look at the win over Ricardo Williams. He was 19-2 and coming off several wins. Carson was he first man EVER to knock him down and stop him.

The Russian, Carson stopped him and several MIDDLEWEIGHTS subsequent to Carson had tough fights with him and couldnt stop him.
Has he faced someone who is as accurate and can punch like Kell? 10 stoppages in past 12 fights Matthew Hatton has openly come out and said he is up there with "Canelo" Saul Alvarez - I cannot wait for this one as Carson is coming to fight and Kell will step up to the plate then out box and if necessary stop Carson cannot see it going past the 8th round :bag:

BobbyDobbs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BobbyDobbs » 16 May 2012, 09:10

bigB wrote:

Has he faced someone who is as accurate and can punch like Kell? 10 stoppages in past 12 fights Matthew Hatton has openly come out and said he is up there with "Canelo" Saul Alvarez - I cannot wait for this one as Carson is coming to fight and Kell will step up to the plate then out box and if necessary stop Carson cannot see it going past the 8th round :bag:
Yes, Williams is a very fast gifted boxer that will give anyone problems! And carson spars with the real Canelo in Big Bear and I can tell you that Carson gives him all he can handle. So that doesnt worry me. Hatton is a punching bag. Carson will hit him back and hit him hard.

BD

danfoster
Welterweight

Post by danfoster » 16 May 2012, 10:43

If you're so relaxed about this fight why are you feeling the need to come on here and talk Carson up? Feels a bit like you're trying to convince yourself that Kell is nothing to worry about and the more you say it the more true it will become!

BobbyDobbs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BobbyDobbs » 16 May 2012, 10:51

danfoster wrote:If you're so relaxed about this fight why are you feeling the need to come on here and talk Carson up? Feels a bit like you're trying to convince yourself that Kell is nothing to worry about and the more you say it the more true it will become!

I could say the same thing about you. I am just trying to shine a light on a fight that a lot of idiots are taking for granted will be easy for "special k"

danfoster
Welterweight

Post by danfoster » 16 May 2012, 11:25

BobbyDobbs wrote:
danfoster wrote:If you're so relaxed about this fight why are you feeling the need to come on here and talk Carson up? Feels a bit like you're trying to convince yourself that Kell is nothing to worry about and the more you say it the more true it will become!

I could say the same thing about you.
Where have i bigged up Kell / dissed Carson??

palooka
Super Featherweight

Post by palooka » 16 May 2012, 13:29

BobbyDobbs wrote:
bigB wrote:

Yes, Williams is a very fast gifted boxer that will give anyone problems! And carson spars with the real Canelo in Big Bear and I can tell you that Carson gives him all he can handle. So that doesnt worry me. Hatton is a punching bag. Carson will hit him back and hit him hard.

BD
No need for that :shame:

Teddy's Toupee
Lightweight

Post by Teddy's Toupee » 16 May 2012, 16:40

palooka wrote:
BobbyDobbs wrote:
MightyWarrior wrote:Bobby is Jones' manager and it's great to see they're coming here to win, because let's face it, Kell needs a test.

But I wasn't going by Carson's record when I said I thought he was going to get beaten - win / loss ratio means nothing until you see who they've been up against. It more to do with the youtube footage I looked at: getting wobbled by Gomez showed he's not got the best of chins - and while he looks a decent enough puncher, Kell's chin seems good so far, and Jones looks wide open in some of his fights - not much defence there.

Said Ouali might've been ranked 15, but not sure how: he was bombed out 2 fights before by Bailey, only to get a ND due to Bailey throwing him out of the ring.
Because it was an ND and because prior to that Ouali was robbed in a Split decision against WBA champ Selcuk Aydin.

The Carson Jones of today is so much different than the Carson Jones that fought Alfonso Gomez that its not even comparable. That fight was 6 years and almost 30 fights ago. You are watching a 19 year old Carson Jones in a fight he trained himself two weeks for. He would demolish Gomez today.

Also Brook got dropped and hurt badly by a much lesser opponent than Gomez earlier in his career...
Sir; I respect your judgement and experience and hesitate to corect you; surely; you meant, 'The Gomez'?
I don't hesitate to correct you palooka. :shame:

damianhucker1
Welterweight

Post by damianhucker1 » 16 May 2012, 17:25

Its not an easy fight , but Kell still wins and looks good doing so .

And as for Mr pedigree how on earth can you criticise an opponent of Kell Brooks when your a self confessed fan of tyson fury who hasnt exactly fought anyone great himself .

Brook will achieve more in his career than Fury i reckon , and Brooks in a tougher division

Not anything against Fury as id like him to do well , just seems a bit hypocritical