saw David Haye at UFC 120

junior pepa seed
Light Heavyweight

saw David Haye at UFC 120

Post by junior pepa seed »

So i saw the champ shouted hayemaker from my wheelchair as he walked past...snubbed not once but 4 times, dude was mad moody head down with security guards and was blanking everyone crowd all giving him love he pretended to be on phone and shit...untill the camera came on him and he was all smiles and waves...twat unlike miguel cotto who was a very humble guy as where all the ufc fighters i met day before at expo.

I only brought this up as someone said a while back Haye was up his own arse and moody at Mg 7 and i didnt believe it..now i do shame a smile and waves and a few handshakes cost nothing.

BTW Ufc had an expo at earls court boxing could do same...promoter like hennasey or frank could make money and a buzz doing it.
junior pepa seed
Light Heavyweight

Re: saw David Haye at UFC 120

I am waiting for back surgery from an accident (nhs waited since last year)it was only way i could have made the fight and expo as in too much pain to walk round cant walk over 200m in one go.

I understand what you are saying and agree how ever i just wanted a wave as did most the crowd...frekin dizzy rascal walked past i shouted oi dizzy as no one saw him then a few others shouted he looked up and gave the thumbs up and a clap cost him nothing...to a "waaaaaaaaay" cheer from crowd Haye could have done same didnt wanna be his friend :) .... Just a shame as did the same to Cotto and he was all smiles came over did a photo i just wanted a thumbs up..lol :TU:
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Did you manage to get a pic or two of you with any of the fighters at the xpo ... be good to see them.
junior pepa seed
Light Heavyweight

yeah i did will put em up.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

I was set to go also - last minute probs meant they were given to son-in-law.
chinny
Cruiserweight

Post by chinny »

Shame about Haye that.

I was there too and met Wanderlei Silva. He didn't turn down one photo or autograph request and was very generous with his time.
junior pepa seed
Light Heavyweight

Marc Ratner is the current Vice President of Regulatory Affairs with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Formerly, he was the Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission over saw a lot of big boxing fights.
WEC Miguel torres
Duanne bang ludwig
Kurt batman pellagrino
Jon jones Bones..dude is big and he was messin but it hurt
me and miguel cotto my fav boxer was a humble guy no english lol
jonny hendrix was cool guy big for welter weight
Aaron wilkinson at expo..He is in series 12 of tuf skysports
Mike goldberg legend
slick nick uk fighter nick osipczak
stefen struve...6ft 8 dudes a tower

plus met brad pickett marcus davis and dizzy rascal lol
wayne pocket rocket mccullock was at expo doing striking demo someone nicked his gloves :o

as you can see good 2 days
Last edited by junior pepa seed on 22 Oct 2010, 09:34, edited 3 times in total.
junior pepa seed
Light Heavyweight

chinny wrote:Shame about Haye that.

I was there too and met Wanderlei Silva. He didn't turn down one photo or autograph request and was very generous with his time.
shame alex reid actually made haye look a pratt i hate alex reid too and no i didnt ask for photo with him or trout face jordan.

i saw wandy but couldnt get near him all the ufc fighters gave everyone time of day its a shame haye did opposite untill the espn cameras hit him. :shame:

@macho thank you bro shame boxing doesnt do summin like the expo on eve of a big fight
orbtastic
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by orbtastic »

Good photos.

Haye was the same at the boxing in Birmingham. He was all smiles for about 2 minutes then spent the next 4 hours scowling and ignoring everyone.

Maybe he's just tetchy when training, maybe he got the low-down on PPV sales. Who knows.
reggaereggae
Super Middleweight

Post by reggaereggae »

Good photos. I take it you're not the Junior Saeed who is a good amartuer then?
Goz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Goz »

Great photos.

Anyone on Twitter could ask Haye about his behaviour directly perhaps?
Hagler2002
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Hagler2002 »

I can also confirm David Haye is so far up his own arse he's sniffing what he had for dinner!
neil hibbert
Light Heavyweight

Post by neil hibbert »

winning the title must have changed him as i met him twice (before he won the title) and found him a good lad, they do say fame changes people
ThereByTheGrace
Middleweight

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

Good photos mate - don't let that thing with Haye waste your night - looks like you had a good one!
JamesH
Light Heavyweight

Post by JamesH »

neil hibbert wrote:winning the title must have changed him as i met him twice (before he won the title) and found him a good lad, they do say fame changes people
Likewise, it would be a real shame. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now though. I'm thinking of my journey home from work tonight and thinking if everyone I saw wanted a pic/autograph/chat with me, it would be tough going. On the flipside I'm not being financially rewarded by the public, and I think I could have managed a quick wave if I was. It's a tough one though, there isn't sufficient preparation for the kind of exposure he is getting these days.
orbtastic
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by orbtastic »

neil hibbert wrote:winning the title must have changed him as i met him twice (before he won the title) and found him a good lad, they do say fame changes people
I want to clarify that I didn't even bother approaching him all night (he was sitting directly in front of us) because of the way he (and his minders!) responded to everyone wanting to say hello/get a photo/autograph. The only person he seemed to have a bit of time for was the WBO ref who did the Clevery/Murat fight whose pretty girlfriend (?) had to literally beg him to sign their Hayemaker magazines.

I thought about saying to him look, I appreciate it must get boring people wanting to do this all day every day but some of us are genuine "fans" and it cost me nearly £1000 to watch you beat Mormeck in France so drop the attitude (I must have been one of the "handful" of fans he mentions in interviews about the Mormeck fight).
hurlock
Super Middleweight

Post by hurlock »

was this in vegas???

i really hope haye get's fuked up & humbled asap :!: he wont have to worry then.
lefty
Light Heavyweight

Post by lefty »

orbtastic wrote:
I want to clarify that I didn't even bother approaching him all night (he was sitting directly in front of us) because of the way he (and his minders!) responded to everyone wanting to say hello/get a photo/autograph. The only person he seemed to have a bit of time for was the WBO ref who did the Clevery/Murat fight whose pretty girlfriend (?) had to literally beg him to sign their Hayemaker magazines.

I thought about saying to him look, I appreciate it must get boring people wanting to do this all day every day but some of us are genuine "fans" and it cost me nearly £1000 to watch you beat Mormeck in France so drop the attitude (I must have been one of the "handful" of fans he mentions in interviews about the Mormeck fight).
Its a real shame that he's like that!To be honest though he's never struck me as the most modest of guys!He's always seemed a little up his own arse to me!
lefty
Light Heavyweight

Post by lefty »

hurlock wrote:was this in vegas???

i really hope haye get's fuked up & humbled asap :!: he wont have to worry then.
No this was at ufc 120 which was in london mate.
junior pepa seed
Light Heavyweight

was at o2 london hurlock.

Yeah i just felt he let Boxing down a little he was at a fight event he must have expected to get recognised and have to smile and wave a bit to attract new fans from the mma world.

I hope he is a nice guy i can only go on my experience and what i saw and what i have read before.

It was a good two days thanks for comments guys
orbtastic
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by orbtastic »

lefty wrote:
orbtastic wrote:

Its a real shame that he's like that!To be honest though he's never struck me as the most modest of guys!He's always seemed a little up his own arse to me!
I have heard that he will ask for a favour in return for an autograph or photo - Usually a kiss of the girlfriend if she's cute or 10 or 20 push-ups from you. Luckily I broke my collar bone so had that excuse in waiting :D
davidas
Light Heavyweight

Post by davidas »

I met Haye in Nurenburg the night before the big fight with Valuev and have never met a more approachable down to earth guy. He stood chatting with me and my brother for a good while asking questions about how we were finding the place and where we were from back in the UK etc etc. Posed for pictures no problems.

The day after the fight I saw him again at the Airport and he didnt turn down one autograph, despite the right hand being smashed up and strapped up.
I cant stand arrogant ignorant people and Haye has never come across like that. Even with the media and in interviews I find alot the stuff he says tongue in cheek and for me comes across as a top bloke.

Guess it all depends on the timing or maybe has his mind on other things?
orbtastic
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by orbtastic »

I think so - Factor in that a. the night before he was probably all hyped and not bothered by a score of fans b. the day after he was on a complte high after winning another title.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Excellent.

The Jon Jones Bones is superb....the hurt was no doubt worth it for the picture. Class. So much better than the traditional 'fist photo'

And the Cotto pic? Yep. One to be envious of mate..
whiskey
Cruiserweight

Post by whiskey »

Miguel Cotto is such a absolute gent.

You can tell he's a family man and down to earth.

On another site lots of lads have put their pics up with Cotto and made expo trip 100% purely to see him and they were not dissapointed at all.

Shame about Haye though. I've met him a bunch of times, mainly stood with women's sunglasses on. Sometimes he is outgoing and other times he is like he is in a hurry and comes off a bit rude.