Some boxing fans are deluded

TheCobra
Light Heavyweight

Re: Some boxing fans are deluded

Post by TheCobra »

Haye is going to smash him to pieces, Sky and the fighters are doing a great job convincing people that this is worth bothering with.
The Most High
Middleweight

Post by The Most High »

Lolenga Mock almost had Haye out back in the day.
12st 7 LM punch against 18 1/2st Audley Harrison punch?

Haye will come in at 14st 12 and get stretched. Remember Evaner weighing about 14st 9lbs against a supersize me Riddick Bowe.

Big nistake he made, he thought the speed would be the key, speed was good but 14st 9lbs against 17st 10 or whatever Bowe was worked against EH.

HAYE is no HOLYFIELD and would most likely get knocked out by Evander even now, but I see Audley being big enough to take one or two shots and come back and land 1 to win.

Haye been down a few times and hurt a few times. Audley down TWICE amateur and pro and at Heavyweight but peole say he is chinny? He has abetter chin than Haye.
JamesH
Light Heavyweight

Post by JamesH »

The Most High wrote:Haye been down a few times and hurt a few times. Audley down TWICE amateur and pro and at Heavyweight but peole say he is chinny? He has abetter chin than Haye.
Hayes weakness is when he gets hit in the side of the head. Audley's isn't his chin as much as his reluctance to throw anything. I think the ref is likely to step in when Haye lets off some combinations and Audley looks like a rabbit in headlights.
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

The Most High wrote: HAYE is no HOLYFIELD

And HARRISON is no BOWE

F*ck off troll.
The Most High
Middleweight

Post by The Most High »

kevo wrote:

And HARRISON is no BOWE

F*ck off troll.
6 posts in 8 weeks and I am a Troll? Someone needs to teach you some manners.
A little bit of respect would be appreciated. I suggest you reel your neck in, son.

In fact, keep spouting your venom. Water off a ducks back. 23K posts? Single by any chance? You just reminded me why so many people view and donot post

You are a horrible little chap, your parents raised you ever so well.

I hope Audley knocks HAYE out in 1!
Last edited by The Most High on 29 Oct 2010, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
WelshDevil
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by WelshDevil »

I'm expecting this fight to be a re-run of the Haye vs Enzo fight. Cagey opening and then a KO in Hayes favour.

I don't believe Audley has power. In his career the best Ko wins have been over Michael Sprott and Julius Long. Audley hasn't mixed in World class unless you count Skelton and Williams, who were contenders.
Audley's Ko stats are decent but some of those fights were also in Prizefighter against low level opposition.

The hype machine has sold the fight to unwitting 'casual' fans, who believe this is a close fight. Its a mismatch.
The Most High
Middleweight

Post by The Most High »

WelshDevil wrote:I'm expecting this fight to be a re-run of the Haye vs Enzo fight. Cagey opening and then a KO in Hayes favour.

I don't believe Audley has power. In his career the best Ko wins have been over Michael Sprott and Julius Long. Audley hasn't mixed in World class unless you count Skelton and Williams, who were contenders.
Audley's Ko stats are decent but some of those fights were also in Prizefighter against low level opposition.

The hype machine has sold the fight to unwitting 'casual' fans, who believe this is a close fight. Its a mismatch.

I am not so sure its a mismatch, its heayweight boxing and Audley while tentative has a better chin and decent power. HAYE while more skilled is more vulnerable, imo.

Maybe KEVO can enlighten us after he gets back from his paper round and playing with himself.
hurlock
Super Middleweight

Post by hurlock »

for as long as audley is on his feet he has a chance.

haye is a big favourite, but harrison aint no hopeless underdog.
whicker
Cruiserweight

Post by whicker »

Some fans are deluded? Never!

Just remind me again, is it WWE thats "real" and boxing thats "Sports Entertainment", or is it the other way round? I'm getting mixed up.

:OhYes: :OhYes: :OhYes: :OhYes: :OhYes:

(Just kidding, of course.)

:box: :box: :box: :box: :box:
Terminator666
Cruiserweight

Post by Terminator666 »

Haye will win for sure but i have a feeling it will go around 5-6 rounds with Harrison in survival mode more then usual and Haye being cautious. I don't think Harrison will be kod spark out-more likely tkod on his feet.
ThereByTheGrace
Middleweight

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

Harrison has NO CHANCE! I dunno where the support is coming from (or the believe) but this is a joke fight in all honesty - Sky Box Office should be ashamed trying to plug this total non entity of a "fight" - 1 sided mismatch
Old bones Ian
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Old bones Ian »

Haye should get this fight over with inside 5 rounds. But heavyweight boxing is a funny thing.

As someone put in another thread, i'll be more sure of the outcome when i see how Audley walks to the ring.
Finn
Super Middleweight

Post by Finn »

ThereByTheGrace wrote:Harrison has NO CHANCE! I dunno where the support is coming from (or the believe) but this is a joke fight in all honesty - Sky Box Office should be ashamed trying to plug this total non entity of a "fight" - 1 sided mismatch
U say that but everyone i know is looking forward to this one. Sky is going to make tonnes from this.
ThereByTheGrace
Middleweight

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

kingfinn wrote:
ThereByTheGrace wrote:Harrison has NO CHANCE! I dunno where the support is coming from (or the believe) but this is a joke fight in all honesty - Sky Box Office should be ashamed trying to plug this total non entity of a "fight" - 1 sided mismatch
U say that but everyone i know is looking forward to this one. Sky is going to make tonnes from this.
Aye but is everyone you know either English or from "London" -

Mr Gavin you are right some fans are deluded but you'd take a fight against one of your sparring punchbags in a minute for the money Haye is getting and market it aswell - no doubt - admire your honesty but given your ability if you had a world title you would go for someone you know you can beat easily aswell and buy into deluding fans you know what I mean?

The Marketing savvy of boxing will always live on - especially in Heavyweight boxing which hasnt seen a great box office fight since the early 90s.
Finn
Super Middleweight

Post by Finn »

ThereByTheGrace wrote:
kingfinn wrote:
Aye but is everyone you know either English or from "London" -
Its a british fight and will raise the profile of british boxing. Plus Skys a british company so are only looking to get ppv figures from britain.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

The Most High wrote:
kevo wrote:

And HARRISON is no BOWE

F*ck off troll.
6 posts in 8 weeks and I am a Troll? Someone needs to teach you some manners.
A little bit of respect would be appreciated. I suggest you reel your neck in, son.

In fact, keep spouting your venom. Water off a ducks back. 23K posts? Single by any chance? You just reminded me why so many people view and donot post

You are a horrible little chap, your parents raised you ever so well.

I hope Audley knocks HAYE out in 1!

Crikey , i just took the time to work that out , its roughly 8-9 posts a day EVERYDAY for 7 and half years .Just curious is this the only site you post on , or can you better it on other sites
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

G0mez wrote:Hagler is taking the piss Frankie :D

But, it must be said - Audley can punch and if the likes of Rahman and McCall can put away a granite chinned Lennox Lewis, then it can definitely happen.

Dont think it will mind.
Lennox wasn't granite chinned, he had a decent set of whiskers, but certainly not among the best in the division.

Both Rahman, and especially McCall were big punchers and very big men, I would rate both as far better punchers than Harrison, who is a sharp rather than devastating puncher.
SAPFO
Middleweight

Post by SAPFO »

I reckon Harrison has seen Haye's cock, and knows as the bigger black man, he knows his tool his bigger. Think about it, what else can Audley have that could piss haye off?
oliverfennell
Cruiserweight

Post by oliverfennell »

The Most High wrote:Haye been down a few times and hurt a few times. Audley down TWICE amateur and pro and at Heavyweight but peole say he is chinny? He has abetter chin than Haye.
:TU: Indeed. Both have been stopped once, with Haye's coming at cruiser. Harrison's been floored twice as a pro, Haye three times, with two of those at cruiser.

The knockdown tally of other contemporary British heavies, who do not continually get bashed with the "chinny" label:

Sprott - 10+ knockdowns, stopped 8 times
Danny - 15+ knockdowns, stopped 5 times
Francis - multiple knockdowns, stopped 8 times
Skelton - even Skelton, renowned for his iron chin, has been floored more times than Harrison (3 times) and has been stopped 3 times
SAPFO
Middleweight

Post by SAPFO »

I think the 'chinny' term is overused. You get tagged, you go down, simple really. These men are trained to punch people in the face.
oliverfennell
Cruiserweight

Post by oliverfennell »

carlbcfc wrote:I think the 'chinny' term is overused. You get tagged, you go down, simple really. These men are trained to punch people in the face.
Yes they are, but when Harrison scores a KO, it's labelled a "lucky" punch.
FLEX
Middleweight

Post by FLEX »

oliverfennell wrote:
:TU: Indeed. Both have been stopped once, with Haye's coming at cruiser. Harrison's been floored twice as a pro, Haye three times, with two of those at cruiser.

The knockdown tally of other contemporary British heavies, who do not continually get bashed with the "chinny" label:

Sprott - 10+ knockdowns, stopped 8 times
Danny - 15+ knockdowns, stopped 5 times
Francis - multiple knockdowns, stopped 8 times
Skelton - even Skelton, renowned for his iron chin, has been floored more times than Harrison (3 times) and has been stopped 3 times
I must add that Julius weakness was the body not the chin, I think it is a mental thing, he was stabbed very badly in the stomach in his younger days, almost lost his life.

Good stats!
sendo
Cruiserweight

Post by sendo »

One thing that worries me here is Haye feeling under pressure to put Harrison away with a big ko. Sprott walked right into that big shot by going for it in the last round when he didn't need to.
StevenB
Middleweight

Post by StevenB »

Old bones Ian wrote:Haye should get this fight over with inside 5 rounds. But heavyweight boxing is a funny thing.

As someone put in another thread, i'll be more sure of the outcome when i see how Audley walks to the ring.
Was me and in fact I think that you will see Audley start to lose it before that. As the fight gets closer, he'll be getting nervous and the self doubt will creep in. I think we'll see that at the weigh in.

Haye doesn't even have to go looking for Audley...just watch the opening seconds of the Ruiz fights where he drops him...no risk taking, just a quality shot. It wasn't even a real 'power' shot - his natural power will be far too much for poor old 39 year old, 4 time beaten (by domestic level fighters) Harrison!
FLEX
Middleweight

Post by FLEX »

StevenB wrote:
Old bones Ian wrote:Haye should get this fight over with inside 5 rounds. But heavyweight boxing is a funny thing.

Was me and in fact I think that you will see Audley start to lose it before that. As the fight gets closer, he'll be getting nervous and the self doubt will creep in. I think we'll see that at the weigh in.

Haye doesn't even have to go looking for Audley...just watch the opening seconds of the Ruiz fights where he drops him...no risk taking, just a quality shot. It wasn't even a real 'power' shot - his natural power will be far too much for poor old 39 year old, 4 time beaten (by domestic level fighters) Harrison!

Has HAYE really proven anything at Heavyweight?

Valuev. I think he lost.
Barrett. Monty was way past his best ad lost to Solis in 2 rounds. And managed a draw with a way past his best TUA.
Ruiz. Way past his best and inactive for almost 3 years.

All those fights went long. IF Audley really turns up HAYE will struggle.