Suggestions for BoxRec - Archived

Khash
Featherweight

Suggestion for the "Champions" page

Post by Khash »

Dear Boxrec editors,

On the champion page there are listed about 10 different titles I strongly recommend to have the four major titles highlighted or shown with golden crown 👑 while the secondary or minor titles ne shown in silver crown.
At the moment they are all shown with a golden crown on the left side.
This simple adjustment can clarify the champion's status greatly.
For example -> if WBO champion is Mr A the golden 👑 crown on left side is next to his name , however for the WBO Global Champion : Mr B there will be a silver color crown next to his name instead of the current identical golden crown.
Hope my message will be read.
Regards,
Khash
JackGlad
Super Bantamweight

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by JackGlad »

Just something which would be helpful as a Matchmaker is a feature to filter by where fighters are based e.g. Eastern European’s based in the UK gets them fights and makes our lives easier.
John
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by John »

candyslim wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 13:06 That's very strange. I was hoping some might clear up the mystery but I've asked twice, I'm not going to beg.
It's the oauth system, it doesn't supply user names.
candyslim
Super Featherweight

Post by candyslim »

Can they not choose their own?
John
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by John »

candyslim wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 04:36 Can they not choose their own?
Not as far as I can tell.
candyslim
Super Featherweight

Post by candyslim »

What I mean is once they are given a number should they not be able to come onto BoxRec and be given an opportunity to change their user name? It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to put in place.

As more new people are identified by only a long number, each very similar, then it's going to cause increasing confusion. I like to know who I'm talking to even if it's just the impressions you have formed of the person behind the user name. I would be very surprised if that wasn't the same for almost everybody.
John
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by John »

The software doesn't do that, only mods can change the name of a user.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

so far there's no numerical poster worth remembering anyway, and about 10 of the accounts were all the same guy trolling
candyslim
Super Featherweight

Post by candyslim »

I can always count on you Maggie to make me smile. So I guess John, those with a convict number should approach a mod if they want a recognizable identity? I don't know why I'm taking their case, I'm sorted ... mind you I'd be lying if I denied that I find the number thing mildly irritating.
John
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by John »

Yes, the numbers are confusing.
Flyweight

Post by 583338 »

Who would I contact to request that some information related to my father Gerald "Bucky" Buchanan be added. Specifically with respect to a pro fight he had in New Zealand.
marcianofan
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by marcianofan »

Joe.Kelly wrote: 17 May 2021, 20:35
computerrank wrote: 17 May 2021, 20:23
Boxrec always shows the age in the boxer profile, if the date of birth is known.
I just did a quick check. Yes, I found the age listed in many cases. But in many other instances, there was no age or DOB. This is in contrast to the way that Boxrec's system worked in the past, when age and DOB were always listed.

On another thread, someone indicated that a law was passed in Europe mandating that information such as age and DOB can no longer be legally posted in the fighter's profile.
[/quote]
Europe won't stop until it's completely ruined the internet for the rest of us, will it? How does this apply to boxrec, but not places like wikipedia or other similar sources?