Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight
Posts: 3833
Joined: 19 Mar 2021, 06:43

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by JamesPhilips »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:25 Who ordered a Croatian bin man with a winning record?

McDonnel looked like he wanted to wave that off before the fight started
Lol
samwbr
Lightweight
Posts: 8717
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 15:34

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by samwbr »

Marcus Mcdonnell got his summer highlights in.
skanksta
Super Middleweight
Posts: 11655
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 10:25

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by skanksta »

Undercard attraction, tough to match.
Fightnight Scores
Super Flyweight
Posts: 1680
Joined: 09 Feb 2019, 04:59

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Fightnight Scores »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 14:35 Don’t really care about Fox or Soko tbh. For every 1000 mismatches like Turner/Lask that I’m currently watching you’ll get a freak like that. By logic… to me it’s not worth it.

And I would definitely have a rule that you can’t just import Croatian bin men with marginal winning records.

I’ve said it before. I’d have a world rankings system where you cannot fight someone ranked 50 places either side of you.

Mismatches kill this already niche sport.

Turner 60/54 btw :salut:
Know what you're saying an agree, but then they'll trot out the line that this is the way it's always been....journeymen out there getting paid and earn a living etc....Too many mismatches for too long in a prospects early career for me :maybe:
Dioufy
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7136
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 23:09

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Dioufy »

Fightnight Scores wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:29
Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 14:35 Don’t really care about Fox or Soko tbh. For every 1000 mismatches like Turner/Lask that I’m currently watching you’ll get a freak like that. By logic… to me it’s not worth it.

And I would definitely have a rule that you can’t just import Croatian bin men with marginal winning records.

I’ve said it before. I’d have a world rankings system where you cannot fight someone ranked 50 places either side of you.

Mismatches kill this already niche sport.

Turner 60/54 btw :salut:
Know what you're saying an agree, but then they'll trot out the line that this is the way it's always been....journeymen out there getting paid and earn a living etc....Too many mismatches for too long in a prospects early career for me :maybe:
Good points. I’d rather see some 50/50 journeymen v journeyman fights on cards than a 8-0 prospect fighting a 2-30 fighter.
Not saying there isn’t a place in the sport for them…but it would be good to see them in competitive fights.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7136
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 23:09

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Dioufy »

Btw are Dubois and Joyce actually mandatories for the belts? BT keep running that off.

I don’t think they are.
Glass Joe
Welterweight
Posts: 2812
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 10:29

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Glass Joe »

How much do you reckon tete purse is tonight? 5-8k?
garethhop
Super Lightweight
Posts: 1102
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 18:00

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by garethhop »

I’ve found this show quite an easy watch so fad
Dioufy
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7136
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 23:09

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Dioufy »

Glass Joe wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:42 How much do you reckon tete purse is tonight? 5-8k?
No way! Gotta be 30/40k at least.
Glass Joe
Welterweight
Posts: 2812
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 10:29

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Glass Joe »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:43
Glass Joe wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:42 How much do you reckon tete purse is tonight? 5-8k?
No way! Gotta be 30/40k at least.
Cant see it being that much, opponent in a empty arena.
skanksta
Super Middleweight
Posts: 11655
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 10:25

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by skanksta »

Great chin Vidal.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 20475
Joined: 11 Feb 2017, 22:25

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by KiwiRider »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:43
Glass Joe wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:42 How much do you reckon tete purse is tonight? 5-8k?
No way! Gotta be 30/40k at least.
It has to be enough to cover his expenses and that of his team. Definitely more than 10K
garethhop
Super Lightweight
Posts: 1102
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 18:00

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by garethhop »

skanksta wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:48 Great chin Vidal.
That was a hell of a shot he stood up to
Dioufy
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7136
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 23:09

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Dioufy »

KiwiRider wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:49
Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:43
Glass Joe wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:42 How much do you reckon tete purse is tonight? 5-8k?
No way! Gotta be 30/40k at least.
It has to be enough to cover his expenses and that of his team. Definitely more than 10K
I’d guess…

Joyce 150k
Hammer 50k
Cunny 50k
Tete 30k
Chamberlain 15k
Vidal 5k
Burke 10k
Ambowo 2k
Turner 5k
Laskowski curry and chips
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 20475
Joined: 11 Feb 2017, 22:25

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by KiwiRider »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:53
KiwiRider wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:49
Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:43

No way! Gotta be 30/40k at least.
It has to be enough to cover his expenses and that of his team. Definitely more than 10K
I’d guess…

Joyce 150k
Hammer 50k
Cunny 50k
Tete 30k
Chamberlain 15k
Vidal 5k
Burke 10k
Ambowo 2k
Turner 5k
Laskowski curry and chips
Gotta love a curry and chips, or even curry sauce on chips :lol:
But yeah, those numbers seem about what it would take. Maybe slightly more for the heavies..
handsofstone
Super Welterweight
Posts: 17675
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by handsofstone »

Good fight this, never realised Vidal was a former European champ, he's nails
handsofstone
Super Welterweight
Posts: 17675
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by handsofstone »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:53
KiwiRider wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:49
Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 15:43

No way! Gotta be 30/40k at least.
It has to be enough to cover his expenses and that of his team. Definitely more than 10K
I’d guess…

Joyce 150k
Hammer 50k
Cunny 50k
Tete 30k
Chamberlain 15k
Vidal 5k
Burke 10k
Ambowo 2k
Turner 5k
Laskowski curry and chips
:lol: :lol:
NoScoutingReports
Bantamweight
Posts: 2701
Joined: 21 Jan 2018, 16:28

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by NoScoutingReports »

Vidal happy to defend with his face, tough fcuker mind, looks quite ragged when he throws.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7136
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 23:09

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by Dioufy »

Hammer just arriving at Wembley an hour before his fight as Qs mahoosive at Maccies just off Wembley Way.
Promise you hammer lasts 4 rounds then retires due to indigestion
NoScoutingReports
Bantamweight
Posts: 2701
Joined: 21 Jan 2018, 16:28

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by NoScoutingReports »

Dioufy wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 16:02 Hammer just arriving at Wembley an hour before his fight as Qs mahoosive at Maccies just off Wembley Way.
Promise you hammer lasts 4 rounds then retires due to indigestion
Large Big Mac meal, 20 chicken nuggets, McFlurry.
milpool
Super Welterweight
Posts: 5309
Joined: 18 May 2011, 13:38

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by milpool »

Decent scrap this. Thought Vidal would have been out of there after taking some decent early shots…he’s finding the target himself now.
ThereByTheGrace
Super Welterweight
Posts: 3892
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 05:22

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

Vidal looks knackered
ashall
Minimumweight
Posts: 52
Joined: 25 Jun 2022, 04:43

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by ashall »

Darren Fletcher x Carl Frampton is the best commentator duo in British boxing.
garethhop
Super Lightweight
Posts: 1102
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 18:00

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by garethhop »

The pair of them are superb. Great commentary.

Chamberlain looks good.
skanksta
Super Middleweight
Posts: 11655
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 10:25

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by skanksta »

Hats off to Vidal :salut:
Totally outclassed, knackered and battered from pillar to post, but never stopped trying to win.
Mad bastard.
Post Reply