Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Who wins?

Poll ended at 18 Nov 2022, 06:13

Paul - Decision
27
26%
Paul - T/KO
29
28%
DRAW
6
6%
Fury - T/KO
21
20%
Fury - Decision
20
19%
 
Total votes: 103

Coco
Cruiserweight
Posts: 20266
Joined: 08 May 2007, 05:42

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Coco »

Fury will be paid more than a lot of world champs to fight against a limited novice.

I appreciate Fury is no world beater but you have to question his stones here.
handsofstone
Super Welterweight
Posts: 17675
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by handsofstone »

The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
tigermoth87
Featherweight
Posts: 1327
Joined: 21 Feb 2016, 11:23

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by tigermoth87 »

Coco wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:33 Fury will be paid more than a lot of world champs to fight against a limited novice.

I appreciate Fury is no world beater but you have to question his stones here.
Fury is shit. He is going to lose his 0 at some point. Might as well be while lose it while making a million against a YouTuber than lose it while making a few grand against Kash Ali.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight
Posts: 66430
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

tigermoth87 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 04:24
Coco wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:33 Fury will be paid more than a lot of world champs to fight against a limited novice.

I appreciate Fury is no world beater but you have to question his stones here.
Fury is shit. He is going to lose his 0 at some point. Might as well be while lose it while making a million against a YouTuber than lose it while making a few grand against Kash Ali.
100%

He ain’t gonna be a world champion.

Don’t even think he’ll have a long career.
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 38155
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 06:11

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Hard to believe the Fury's and their setup doesn't include a decent lawyer.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 33329
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Counter-puncher »

handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
indeed
ThereByTheGrace
Super Welterweight
Posts: 3892
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 05:22

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Agreed. Just tired of this nonsense now
chinarich
Lightweight
Posts: 4020
Joined: 29 Dec 2013, 13:20

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by chinarich »

handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Wasn’t he set to make a couple of a million from this charade? What ego could he possibly have that would render his unbeaten record more important than that? Who cares if he loses to a YouTuber? Jake Paul is obviously not the second coming of Ali but he has applied himself to boxing and tried to develop some skills…
handsofstone
Super Welterweight
Posts: 17675
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by handsofstone »

chinarich wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 15:20
handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Wasn’t he set to make a couple of a million from this charade? What ego could he possibly have that would render his unbeaten record more important than that? Who cares if he loses to a YouTuber? Jake Paul is obviously not the second coming of Ali but he has applied himself to boxing and tried to develop some skills…
I reckon his dad would legit disown him if he lost to Paul, he's convinced because Tommy's a Fury that there's zero chance he could possibly lose to a YouTuber, there's no doubt Tyson idolises his dad but I've heard stories from him and Big John himself that he's fell out with Tyson and refused to speak to him because of disagreements in camp, during build ups to big fights as well, pretty sure it was the first Wilder fight, hardly ideal parenting taking the huff with your son when he's got a big fight coming up just because you disagree with his preparations, he's an egomaniac big John and will see a Jake Paul win as a major slight on the family name and I'm all for seeing the meltdown up close when it happens, c'mon Tommy get your effing visa sorted
Black Sam Bellamy
Super Middleweight
Posts: 1435
Joined: 25 Sep 2008, 13:51

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Black Sam Bellamy »

Listening to Fwank on some of the recent IFLTV interviews, he doesn't seem that bothered that Tommy can't get a visa. All quite bizarre if you ask me.
chinarich
Lightweight
Posts: 4020
Joined: 29 Dec 2013, 13:20

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by chinarich »

handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 17:04
chinarich wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 15:20
handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Wasn’t he set to make a couple of a million from this charade? What ego could he possibly have that would render his unbeaten record more important than that? Who cares if he loses to a YouTuber? Jake Paul is obviously not the second coming of Ali but he has applied himself to boxing and tried to develop some skills…
I reckon his dad would legit disown him if he lost to Paul, he's convinced because Tommy's a Fury that there's zero chance he could possibly lose to a YouTuber, there's no doubt Tyson idolises his dad but I've heard stories from him and Big John himself that he's fell out with Tyson and refused to speak to him because of disagreements in camp, during build ups to big fights as well, pretty sure it was the first Wilder fight, hardly ideal parenting taking the huff with your son when he's got a big fight coming up just because you disagree with his preparations, he's an egomaniac big John and will see a Jake Paul win as a major slight on the family name and I'm all for seeing the meltdown up close when it happens, c'mon Tommy get your effing visa sorted
To be fair, if there were YouTuber's in John Fury's fighting days he would probably lose to them...
handsofstone
Super Welterweight
Posts: 17675
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by handsofstone »

chinarich wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 17:25
handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 17:04
chinarich wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 15:20

Wasn’t he set to make a couple of a million from this charade? What ego could he possibly have that would render his unbeaten record more important than that? Who cares if he loses to a YouTuber? Jake Paul is obviously not the second coming of Ali but he has applied himself to boxing and tried to develop some skills…
I reckon his dad would legit disown him if he lost to Paul, he's convinced because Tommy's a Fury that there's zero chance he could possibly lose to a YouTuber, there's no doubt Tyson idolises his dad but I've heard stories from him and Big John himself that he's fell out with Tyson and refused to speak to him because of disagreements in camp, during build ups to big fights as well, pretty sure it was the first Wilder fight, hardly ideal parenting taking the huff with your son when he's got a big fight coming up just because you disagree with his preparations, he's an egomaniac big John and will see a Jake Paul win as a major slight on the family name and I'm all for seeing the meltdown up close when it happens, c'mon Tommy get your effing visa sorted
To be fair, if there were YouTuber's in John Fury's fighting days he would probably lose to them...
:lol: Exactly
MasterG
Super Flyweight
Posts: 5075
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 16:45

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by MasterG »

Reports suggest Hasim Rahman jr is stepping in now
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight
Posts: 66430
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

MasterG wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 03:45 Reports suggest Hasim Rahman jr is stepping in now
It’s on the BoxRec schedule.

Didn’t they used to spar together?
Phenomenal-Nutrition
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 5090
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 14:53

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Phenomenal-Nutrition »

jamesmcdonnell wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 06:43
handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Hard to believe the Fury's and their setup doesn't include a decent lawyer.
A decent lawyer alone isn't getting you removed from a no fly list otherwise Fwank and Tyson would be allowed into the US. They aren't.
gregregegg
Bantamweight
Posts: 5534
Joined: 29 Sep 2017, 04:08

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by gregregegg »

If its real and not a fix thats a solid step up... Heavyweight, 12-1 (only one he lost he was beating 4-0 untill the stoppage), been boxing forever, 31 years old so dead prime age. He isnt good, but geeze its a big step up.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 20473
Joined: 11 Feb 2017, 22:25

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by KiwiRider »

It will be interesting how they sell it given the lesser recognisable name.
Or do they just expect Paul's name will do the job.
It is ppv after all.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight
Posts: 7136
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 23:09

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by Dioufy »

Rahman jr is like 15kg heavier. I can’t help but feel how much Paul will add onto his purse for a v below performance.

Weren’t these former sparring pals?

:KO:
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 38155
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 06:11

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

Phenomenal-Nutrition wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 05:54
jamesmcdonnell wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 06:43
handsofstone wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 02:51 The cynic in me suspects Tommy knew fine well he wouldn't be allowed to fly to America
Hard to believe the Fury's and their setup doesn't include a decent lawyer.
A decent lawyer alone isn't getting you removed from a no fly list otherwise Fwank and Tyson would be allowed into the US. They aren't.
I meant from the perspective of telling Tommy there was no chance he was getting into the UK.
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 38155
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 06:11

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

gregregegg wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 05:56 If its real and not a fix thats a solid step up... Heavyweight, 12-1 (only one he lost he was beating 4-0 untill the stoppage), been boxing forever, 31 years old so dead prime age. He isnt good, but geeze its a big step up.

Paul is getting creamed if this is real.

He may not be great for a professional fighter, but he will smash Paul back to Youtube.
margaret thatcher
Flyweight
Posts: 28786
Joined: 22 Jul 2019, 15:43

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - 6 August 2022

Post by margaret thatcher »

hard to believe the fight will be honestly contested if rahman is the opponent. he's no great shakes....but ive seen plenty of him and he's way bigger, a former national top 5 amateur, and easily good enough to smoke jp in an honest fight

rahman's had legal troubles and his career stalled badly. them knowing each other and jp offering his buddy some nice cash for him to roll over makes sense......this fight being legit doesnt
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight
Posts: 66430
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

On learning Fury and Molly were expecting..

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight
Posts: 66430
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

maverick23
Super Welterweight
Posts: 7342
Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 18:20

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Post by maverick23 »

Tommy said a week or so ago that he was finished talking about Jake Paul. He’s coming across really desperate - I get it’s a big money fight but he pulled out of the fight late notice first time and couldn’t get in the US the second time. The biggest revenue driver is US PPV - that won’t be replicated if they fight in the U.K. so I can’t see the fight happening.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight
Posts: 66430
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

maverick23 wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 04:01 Tommy said a week or so ago that he was finished talking about Jake Paul. He’s coming across really desperate - I get it’s a big money fight but he pulled out of the fight late notice first time and couldn’t get in the US the second time. The biggest revenue driver is US PPV - that won’t be replicated if they fight in the U.K. so I can’t see the fight happening.
Ha talking about KSI too.. how he’s a phony and that his mum would KO him too.
Post Reply