Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight

Re: Round-by-Round: Joe Joyce vs. Christian Hammer - 2 July 2022

Post by JamesPhilips »

jameswilson wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 12:04
maverick23 wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 02:07
DrDuke wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 01:55 Joyce' chin is freakish. He was taking clean shots fron Dubois and has never seemed hurt during his pro-career, despite being hit in every damn fight. It's quite threatening for anybody, when such powerhouse constantly goes forward without being affected by the eaten shots. I wasn't taking Joe seriously before Dubois, but after that I don't get, why some continue not to rate him. He's exactly that kind of fighter, who can receive punches in order to deliver his own, a limited one, but extremely durable and able to impose his game.
Dubois hit him clean but I don’t remember Dubois landing any big right hands when Joe was in range and coming forward. Joe took the sting out of most of Dubois’ shots with his decent movement away from the right hand.

I just wonder if Joe would fight that way again. Of course he probably should but I wonder if he’s starting to believe the Juggernaut hype himself.
Dubois landed pretty clean in the second and Joyce didn't flinch at all and from that point on Joyce had a hell of a mental edge and the 'caaaam on saaaannnn this is the fight game!' started coming out in the Dubois corner.
That is a super piece of corner advice that is :lol:
ThereByTheGrace
Super Welterweight

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

Joe Joyce reminds me of homer Simpsons ability to take a punch. Then just nudge them over :TU:
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

They seem super set on the 24th Sept.

Fair play in getting Homer out again so soon tbh but that’s like… 10 weeks? Gotta be announcing an opponent v soon if it’s going to be a big one….

My bet is that he’s going to try to hold onto that WBO spot and fight some like Wallin or Bakole who are both rated in their top 15 and I’m certain it’ll be set up as a final elim.

I’ve been bashing on Otto a bit and it’s not the worst fight at all but Joyce’s next fight after Wallin if he wins needs to be for the WBO championship of the world. If it isn’t then I think Joyce has been handled badly and will live to regret his pro career.

I expect him to beat Wallin in a straight forward way… but it’s going to be Bakole or Wallin I’m certain. Bakole potentially prices himself out after smashing Yoka and is rated below Wallin. Wallin needs the cash; probably got 250k for the Fury fight and not much either side.

Wallin 24th Sept.
WBO shot Feb 2023.

I’ll be happy with that.

:yay:
DrDuke
Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Dioufy wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:48 They seem super set on the 24th Sept.

Fair play in getting Homer out again so soon tbh but that’s like… 10 weeks? Gotta be announcing an opponent v soon if it’s going to be a big one….

My bet is that he’s going to try to hold onto that WBO spot and fight some like Wallin or Bakole who are both rated in their top 15 and I’m certain it’ll be set up as a final elim.

I’ve been bashing on Otto a bit and it’s not the worst fight at all but Joyce’s next fight after Wallin if he wins needs to be for the WBO championship of the world. If it isn’t then I think Joyce has been handled badly and will live to regret his pro career.

I expect him to beat Wallin in a straight forward way… but it’s going to be Bakole or Wallin I’m certain. Bakole potentially prices himself out after smashing Yoka and is rated below Wallin. Wallin needs the cash; probably got 250k for the Fury fight and not much either side.

Wallin 24th Sept.
WBO shot Feb 2023.

I’ll be happy with that.

Those are good matchups. Actually, Wallin has the style to deal with Joyce, if he utilizes it properly. The guy can box. The question is, how good Wallin is for that.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

DrDuke wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:52
Dioufy wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:48 They seem super set on the 24th Sept.

Wallin 24th Sept.
WBO shot Feb 2023.

I’ll be happy with that.

Those are good matchups. Actually, Wallin has the style to deal with Joyce, if he utilizes it properly. The guy can box. The question is, how good Wallin is for that.
That’s best possible outcome imo.

Worse is Frank not pushing Joyce in the WBO as not to upset Tyson who will not want a mandatory or belt strip scuppering a potential unification fight with AJ/Usyk.

If that is the case expect Joyce to be fighting Jerry Forrest, Johann Duperhaus or god forbid… Kevin Johnson.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Frank wants the Wilder fight.

Frampton said that’s not a good idea..

Wilder won’t take the fight ..

Although he should.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 15:09 Frank wants the Wilder fight.

Although he should.
I wouldn't mind it.
Thing is, I doubt Wilder will box again, maybe an exhibition in a few years when he is broke.
No, my expectations are low concerning Joyce's next fight... Maybe even lower than Hammer :roll:
brilo33
Lightweight

Post by brilo33 »

he looks like he is treating in concrete joyce he plods a long like michael myers, tough but he will come unstuck, i would like to see dd to get his redemption, or fight Kownacki be fun, i dont rate him, yes he is tough keeps going but a fighter like haye would have loved to have fought him more skilled tougher chisora
brilo33
Lightweight

Post by brilo33 »

KiwiRider wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 15:22

Although he should.
I wouldn't mind it.
Thing is, I doubt Wilder will box again, maybe an exhibition in a few years when he is broke.
No, my expectations are low concerning Joyce's next fight... Maybe even lower than Hammer :roll:
the parker fight would of been a really good i think especially as parker is looking a lot brighter with lee, real shame that fell away
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

brilo33 wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 19:08
KiwiRider wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 15:22

Although he should.
I wouldn't mind it.
the parker fight would of been a really good i think especially as parker is looking a lot brighter with lee, real shame that fell away
I know! :verysad:
There is no point when your coming up to 37 years old (slow Joe) doing nothing waiting however long for a title shot when you can earn millions while you wait facing guys like Parker.
It would build Slow Joe's name as well as his bank account. And prepare him way better for the top level than what he has been doing.
Gnome
Super Welterweight

Post by Gnome »

The fight I want to see is Joyce v Makhmudov. Two massive, hittable units knocking bells out of each other.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

Gnome wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 17:25 The fight I want to see is Joyce v Makhmudov. Two massive, hittable units knocking bells out of each other.
:TU: or Parker, or someone better than Hammer at least :lol: