Lerena - Decision
No votes

Total votes: 32

Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Daniel Dubois vs. Kevin Lerena | BT PPV - 3 December 2022

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release

In what will be a sensational heavyweight doubleheader, the WBC and lineal world champion Tyson Fury will defend his crown against long-standing rival Derek Chisora at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday, December 3 on a night where WBA world champion Daniel Dubois will make a first defense of his belt against South African southpaw Kevin Lerena, exclusively on BT Sport Box Office (UK) and available in the U.S. on ESPN+.

Fury, who intends on fighting Oleksandr Usyk for the undisputed championship in the first part of 2023, will once again perform on UK soil following his April knockout of mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte in front of 94,000 fans at Wembley Stadium.

Promoted by Frank W’s Queensberry Promotions, in association with Top Rank, this will be the third meeting between Fury and Chisora. They first met in July 2011 with the British and Commonwealth titles at stake, and Fury prevailed by unanimous decision.

“I am thrilled to be delivering a Tyson Fury world title defense in front of the British fans in London,” said promoter allegedly. “Tyson clearly conquered America across his trilogy with Deontay Wilder and there is also huge demand to stage his fights from sites across the world.

“Tyson wanted to fight in his home country again this year following his special night at Wembley Stadium in April. This brings us to the magnificent Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and a match against an old rival in Derek Chisora.

“Derek, also a big favorite with British fans, has reinvented himself in recent years and Tyson has long stated his wish to fight him for a third time.

“Tyson can’t afford any slip-up in this fight as he has the much-publicized undisputed match-up with Usyk in the New Year which we’re really looking forward to.

“I am also delighted that we have added Daniel Dubois to the card with a first defense of his WBA belt against Kevin Lerena. It makes it a real heavyweight night, and Daniel represents the best of the new generation coming through.”

“Whenever Tyson Fury fights, it is a major event, and I expect him to once again put on a spectacular show for the fans,” said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum. “There are talks about what’s next for Tyson, but the first order of business is a battle against an extraordinarily tough fighter in Derek Chisora.”

Todd Kline, Chief Commercial Officer, Tottenham Hotspur, said: “Our stadium has firmly established itself as a leading venue in London for major sports and entertainment events.

“The AJ-Usyk fight in front of a record crowd here in Tottenham was a truly an unforgettable spectacle and we are extremely excited to bring World Heavyweight Championship boxing back to N17 on December 3.

“The World Cup break leaves us in a unique position of having no Spurs action at the stadium between November 12 – December 31 – what better way to satisfy the demand for world-class live sport before the Premier League returns.”

In between Fury fights, Chisora (33-12, 23 KOs) challenged for the WBC title and gave a good account of himself against Vitali Klitschko in Munich, before entering into a grudge match at West Ham United’s Upton Park against another British rival in David Haye.

He rebuilt from those setbacks by winning the WBO International, European and WBA International titles in a five-fight winning streak, setting up a return fight with Fury that took place at London’s ExCel Arena in November 2014.

In recent years, Chisora has been involved in two close encounters with Dillian Whyte and one with Usyk, while defeating Carlos Takam, Artur Szpilka and David Price. Last year, he lost a pair of tight affairs with Joseph Parker.

His last fight was an exciting points victory over former world title challenger Kubrat Pulev in July.

Fury (32-0-1, 23 KOs) remains an undefeated champion and completed his remarkable return from the boxing wilderness with a resounding rematch victory over Deontay Wilder in February 2020, with the Bronze Bomber saved by his corner in the seventh round.

A trilogy battle followed eight months later, which delivered a Las Vegas thriller where Wilder was put down in rounds three and 10 and Fury down twice in round four before knocking out the former WBC ruler in the 11th.

The 25-year-old Dubois (18-1, 17 KOs) seized his world title belt in June when he travelled to Miami and demolished previous champion Trevor Bryan, inflicting a first defeat on the American via a fourth-round stoppage.

Lerena (28-1, 14 KOs), 30, is a recent addition to the heavyweight ranks, having established himself as the IBO world cruiserweight champion, making six defenses of the title. At heavyweight he has recorded victories over contenders Patrick Ferguson, Bogdan Dinu and Mariusz Wach.

Tickets for Tyson Fury vs. Derek Chisora for the WBC & Lineal Heavyweight Championship of the World at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium go on general sale at noon tomorrow (Friday, 21 October) from ticketmaster.co.uk.

Fans are encouraged to sign-up for Ticket Alerts at allegedly.com to receive the direct ticket link on Friday.

Please note, this will be an open-air event with a likelihood of winter conditions at the time of year it is taking place. Ticket purchasers are strongly advised to wear appropriate clothing on the night as all seating within the stadium is outdoor.

Doors for the event will open at 5 p.m.

--------------------------------
The O2 Arena has now been booked for DDD.

According to Fat Dan, a potential undercard fight may be Jarrell Miller vs. Lucas Browne.

Whyte ruled out fighting in October, maybe trying not give anything away..

Who else could it be?
Last edited by Ruthless-RKO on 20 Oct 2022, 07:14, edited 6 times in total.
mickey1975
Cruiserweight

Re: Daniel Dubois vs. TBA - 26 November 2022

Post by mickey1975 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:16 The O2 Arena has now been booked for DDD.

According to Fat Dan, a potential undercard fight may be Jarrell Miller vs. Lucas Browne.

Who else could it be?
It was already booked for Beterbiev v Yarde.
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Coco »

World title fight, Arena booked, and the opponent will be picked later.
maverick23
Super Middleweight

Post by maverick23 »

mickey1975 wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:32
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:16 The O2 Arena has now been booked for DDD.

Who else could it be?
Beterbiev/Yarde was booked for October at the O2.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

maverick23 wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:37
mickey1975 wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:32

Who else could it be?
Beterbiev/Yarde was booked for October at the O2.
You're right.

The rumours or Dubois-Whyte was supposedly for October wasn't it..
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Coco wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:33 World title fight, Arena booked, and the opponent will be picked later.
Crazy aint it..

Unless they're finalizing a deal with someone already. Should be a 10+ week training camp.

Why not just book it all together.

It's just a tactic to keep your eyes peeled..

Or what they say, "watch this space!"..
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Coco »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:54
Coco wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:33 World title fight, Arena booked, and the opponent will be picked later.
Crazy aint it..

Unless they're finalizing a deal with someone already. Should be a 10+ week training camp.

Also the home fighter knows he is fighting, has a proper camp and then it will be offered to someone at 2 weeks notice
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Coco wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:57
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:54
Crazy aint it..

Also the home fighter knows he is fighting, has a proper camp and then it will be offered to someone at 2 weeks notice
Being a 'world title fight'.. they will need to have an oppenet soon.
emallini
Welterweight

Post by emallini »

Whyte or Chisora
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

emallini wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 09:05 Whyte or Chisora
Not sure ddd stops delboy but think he probably does stop whyte - uppercut style a la povetkin / fury .
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Whyte has entered the WBA rankings at #4.. :doh:
KiwiRider
Super Featherweight

Post by KiwiRider »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:34 Whyte has entered the WBA rankings at #4.. :doh:
Now, now Ruthie.
Given his achievements, he is top #5 on any org he chooses to piss his money away on.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

KiwiRider wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 15:20
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:34 Whyte has entered the WBA rankings at #4.. :doh:
Now, now Ruthie.
Given his achievements, he is top #5 on any org he chooses to piss his money away on.
Haha. No complaint from me.
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

Late November (gives Whyte time)

Whyte in the wba rankings suddenly.

It feels like it’s going whites way which would be epic, I think that’s a cracking fight. I’d favour ddd but it’s a massive step up.

Sure ed has to try spoil this, just lost buatsi, AJs just lost… because if DDD fights Whyte there’s a good chance a contract will include options on Whyte.
KiwiRider
Super Featherweight

Post by KiwiRider »

gregregegg wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 16:39 Late November (gives Whyte time)

Whyte in the wba rankings suddenly.

It feels like it’s going whites way which would be epic, I think that’s a cracking fight. I’d favour ddd but it’s a massive step up.

Sure ed has to try spoil this, just lost buatsi, AJs just lost… because if DDD fights Whyte there’s a good chance a contract will include options on Whyte.
I actually think it's a fairly easy night for DDD. :maybe:
Whyte is an excellent scalp for him, and I think he has the power to knock Whyte out, possibly early.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

hopefully not yet another can for dubs

the whyte fight sounds good if that can be made
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

margaret thatcher wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 18:41 hopefully not yet another can for dubs

Bakole #5 with the WBA and fight should be easy to make so I can see that.

If that doesn’t materialise I’d take Dubois v Bryan II.

Redemption.

:bag:
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

Dioufy wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 03:22
margaret thatcher wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 18:41 hopefully not yet another can for dubs

Bakole #5 with the WBA and fight should be easy to make so I can see that.

If that doesn’t materialise I’d take Dubois v Bryan II.

Redemption.

:bag:
Dont see a need for DDD to fight bakole. but mabey i guess.

Whyte, lucus brown, or big baby miller. They would be my bets.
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

Browne and Miller are apparently fighting each other and Whyte will demand a purse so big it’ll make Frank die a bit inside.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Dioufy wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 07:03 Browne and Miller are apparently fighting each other and Whyte will demand a purse so big it’ll make Frank die a bit inside.
Where are they gonna fight?
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 07:25
Dioufy wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 07:03 Browne and Miller are apparently fighting each other and Whyte will demand a purse so big it’ll make Frank die a bit inside.
Where are they gonna fight?
I see your point. But Miller having a warm up and weighs over 300lbs. Browne been blasted into the limelight because of his last fight. Both vs Dubois doesn’t excite me. Both are probably 3 minute fighters.

Bakole makes sense to me.
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Coco »

Bakole will prob settle for a few hundred grand whereas Whyte will demand a few million.

Whyte has always played hardball with the money and I am all for fighters maximising their earnings but I wonder if he has maximised his earnings? Or priced himself out too much?

He dropped the ball in turning down the AJ fight but must have earned well in a series of lesser fights against Povetkin, Chisora etc
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Coco wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 07:44 Bakole will prob settle for a few hundred grand whereas Whyte will demand a few million.

Whyte has always played hardball with the money and I am all for fighters maximising their earnings but I wonder if he has maximised his earnings? Or priced himself out too much?

He dropped the ball in turning down the AJ fight but must have earned well in a series of lesser fights against Povetkin, Chisora etc
Can see Bakole asking for more than £500k

He has a good win under his belt..

But yes, Whyte will ask for his usual £1m's+
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

Coco wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 07:44 Bakole will prob settle for a few hundred grand whereas Whyte will demand a few million.

Did he drop the ball on the AJ fight? Ended up making more vs fury. And now that AJ fight is still there…. I thought he did at the time, but I’m not sure now.

I think bakolie is riskier than Whyte and will generate millions less. Hence why Whyte gets to ask for millions…
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »