1%
Joshua - T/KO
16%
Joshua - Decision
3%

Total votes: 224

CaptainSpacerod
Featherweight

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua - December 2022?

Post by CaptainSpacerod »

“But I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be signed” says Frank

Well of course he doesn’t because his lawyers drew up the contract he wanted. There’ll be a whole litany of clauses in the contract with which team AJ are unhappy and so they’ll suggest amendments and send these back to Frank and then a few days later when nothing’s been signed Eddie will give an interview saying he doesn’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be signed and the whole charade will carry on.

:brick:
tony1234
Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

forcefraser wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 07:37 Both this and the Eubank v Benn fight will be pulled.
Wouldn't be surprised
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

"We received the contract a couple of days ago," Hearn told DAZN Boxing. "It wasn't as we expected but we've gone back and now it's getting to be as we expected. It's very positive, we're not saying anything negative, they're not saying anything negative - I've never spoke to allegedly so I'm not sure that would have worked well.

"But now I have met with George Warren and we did get on, touch wood, very well. I think we're kind of putting that to the side and saying 'look, we've got a chance here to do something special. We're up against it time-wise, the broadcasters have got to have their conversation but we'd like to get it done."

"We both would like to get it done," Hearn continued. "When we got the contract it was maybe 90-10 the other way, but we're in the positives now of making the fight happen. Whether that's 70 per cent, 80 per cent, things can change very quickly and all of a sudden someone gets injured or needs more time, or Tyson Fury wants to fight someone else.

"It worries me a little bit that Mahmoud Charr is coming out and saying 'I'm fighting Tyson Fury on December 3, but maybe that's just the back-up. Everybody on AJ's team is now committed to making that fight happen. No-one is saying 'oh don't do it,' we're saying that he's training now for Tyson Fury for December 3."
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

If this fight doesn't get made..

Joshua will fight mid December in Manchester

Fury will fight at Principality on Dec 3rd.
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

Tyson has produced a video about AJ not signing. It's also reported in a few newspapers.
CaptainSpacerod
Featherweight

mickey1975 wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 08:02 Tyson has produced a video about AJ not signing. It's also reported in a few newspapers.
Another embarrassing video from Tyson. Why does he bother putting them out, nobody believes a word he says
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

mickey1975 wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 08:02 Tyson has produced a video about AJ not signing. It's also reported in a few newspapers.
Must be gospel then :lol:
handsofstone
Super Welterweight

Post by handsofstone »

CaptainSpacerod wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 08:17
Another embarrassing video from Tyson. Why does he bother putting them out, nobody believes a word he says
There's still plenty of bozos who do
The Gratest
Flyweight

Post by The Gratest »

Saint Tiresome deals in nothing but the truth. Dosser AJ and middleweight Usyk are obviously running scared.

Meanwhile, here's a video of how Manuel Charr fared when he faced up against a middleweight.

ThereByTheGrace
Super Welterweight

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

Never thought I'd say this but I'm sick of fury now. Just shut up please
tony1234
Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

ThereByTheGrace wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 09:22
Never ending, just a waste of time now even listening to what he says
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

agreed, and I've got serious manlove for Tyson
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

Nightmare Roy wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 08:38
Must be gospel then :lol:
If fury said it was going to rain I'd go out in a tshirt and shorts, the man has verbally incontinent, incoherent and inconsistent.
CaptainSpacerod
Featherweight

There’s a fine balancing act to perform when using social media. Nobody really wants to watch or read the safe, corporate sh1te put out by most sportsmen or rather by their social media team so when someone like Tyson runs their own account it’s refreshingly authentic and far more interesting.

But the flip side of that is the lack of a sensible advisor to say no Tyson we’re not putting that out and to draw the reins in when he gets a bit silly. It’s time he got someone on board to help him out in this regard.

Commercially it makes sense too - I think Tyson’s an accident waiting to happen and it’s only a matter of time before he says something that gets the woke mob up in arms and he gets hit in the pocket as a result.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Predictably it has been proved that Fury didn`t have any genuine intention of fighting Joshua next; it was just another attention seeking play.

Joshua did the right thing by accepting ... but we all kinda knew fWank would clear up Fury`s verbal shite by making the terms so ridiculous that Joshua would never be able to agree to them.

We always make an assumption that our top athletes are as cognitively gifted as they are gifted in the sports they excel in. This is almost always wrong - Fury probably had less education that most contemporary sports people - and unfortunately it shows. He is pig shit stupid to be fair.
Monzon83
Bantamweight

Post by Monzon83 »

I think the world is completely bored of Fury and his insanely stupid antics. He's literally turning into his old man, call out everybody, gypsy king bollocks, then everyone is a shithouse. Rinse and repeat.

He really needs to change up the gimmick or fornicate off to WWE permanently.
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

tonyevs wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 15:45 Predictably it has been proved that Fury didn`t have any genuine intention of fighting Joshua next; it was just another attention seeking play.

Joshua did the right thing by accepting ... but we all kinda knew fWank would clear up Fury`s verbal shite by making the terms so ridiculous that Joshua would never be able to agree to them.

We always make an assumption that our top athletes are as cognitively gifted as they are gifted in the sports they excel in. This is almost always wrong - Fury probably had less education that most contemporary sports people - and unfortunately it shows. He is pig shit stupid to be fair.
Tyson was brought up in a mansion and went to public school
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

tonyevs wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 15:45 Predictably it has been proved that Fury didn`t have any genuine intention of fighting Joshua next; it was just another attention seeking play.

What was proved?
CaptainSpacerod
Featherweight

Coco wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 16:16 Tyson was brought up in a mansion and went to public school
He went to state sector Styal Primary School and didn’t attend secondary school.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Coco wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 16:16

Tyson was brought up in a mansion and went to public school
Most of what's been written about Fury comes from his or his dad's mouth - which as we know is 99x out of hundred a load of nonsense.

Depending what you read - Fury lived in a modest house to a mansion when young .. of course it was built by hand by Big John alone to add that Fury flavour to it ..

But I have never read anything of Fury attending school/education past 11yrs old .. I think you may be confusing fee paying public school with a state school available to the general public.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Monzon83 wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 16:05 I think the world is completely bored of Fury and his insanely stupid antics. He's literally turning into his old man, call out everybody, gypsy king bollocks, then everyone is a shithouse. Rinse and repeat.

He really needs to change up the gimmick or fornicate off to WWE permanently.
I think his plan was to genuinely try WWE properly for a while. Can’t really do it when you’re not allowed in the US.
forcefraser
Light Heavyweight

Post by forcefraser »

Imagine the contract between two fighters back in the 70's

"X agrees to fight Y on date X and the fighters get Y as their purse"

Simple. The circus we see today results in the best not fighting the best the majority of the time.

Boxing stinks

Post by 1103924 »

Would anyone except mickey1973 want to see Fury-Charr?