6%
Benn - Decision
4%

Total votes: 117

edb1000
Super Welterweight

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by edb1000 »

He needed the WBC ranking so had to sign up for Vada, put it off as long as he could but simply mistimed it and got caught. Folk saying let's see the B sample, even though it's the same piss taken at the same time ffs. He's a cheating bastard. Even with the weight drain, Eubank would have ironed him out.
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

Chris van Heerdan says he didnt get tested at all befor his fight with connor, So connor likely didnt either. said there was one piss test after. Benn could of been cycling like lance all build up.

Really feel for Van heerden here. has to question Benns cleaness for that fight (and about 10 others), And the style of his defeat basicaly retired him. A better showing (even as a loss) could of resulted in a few more little pay days.
jtourettes
Super Middleweight

Post by jtourettes »

Hopefully this puts the last of the hearn fans off him. He's a slimy promoter, no different to the rest of them.

The irony is that this fight is being talked about more than it ever was. Still a shit fight.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

jtourettes wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 01:23 Hopefully this puts the last of the hearn fans off him. He's a slimy promoter, no different to the rest of them.

The irony is that this fight is being talked about more than it ever was. Still a shit fight.
IF and it really is a IF , he does'nt get banned , would he risk indulging in substances before a new date with Chris which begs the question without the juice would he just bottle it ,,
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

edb1000 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:45 Folk saying let's see the B sample, even though it's the same piss taken at the same time ffs.
Isn’t that just incase there is a false positive? From what I’ve read though it’s pretty rare for the two samples to be different and I’m sure if it was a few weeks back the second sample has been tested by now.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:05
edb1000 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:45 Folk saying let's see the B sample, even though it's the same piss taken at the same time ffs.
Isn’t that just incase there is a false positive? From what I’ve read though it’s pretty rare for the two samples to be different and I’m sure if it was a few weeks back the second sample has been tested by now.
Someone posted on here that VaDA only test the B-sample post fight. Seems crazy if true because you’d have often thought there isn’t a fight.

Seems crazy that it’s not immediately tested to try and prove innocence.
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

When an "A sample" tests possitive the person should be assumed guilty untill the "B sample" is tested and says oteherwise. its up to the fighter to request his "b sample" be tested, obviosly if your not doping and you think it may be contamination/error when actualy testing the piss (what the "B sample" is actualy use for) then you should obviosly request that ASAP.

This narative of "your not guilty till the 'B samples' tested" that Hearn has tried for whyte and benn is fuking bullshiit.

to put it in a everyday court perspective ... "A sample" possitive is your guilty verdict.... "B sample" is an apeal to overturn that, it may be sucsessfull, but untill it is, your guilty.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

maverick23 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:09
Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:05
Someone posted on here that VaDA only test the B-sample post fight. Seems crazy if true because you’d have often thought there isn’t a fight.

Seems crazy that it’s not immediately tested to try and prove innocence.
Yes why would they do that, that’s ridiculous isn’t it. The whole system is flawed, maybe they are worried they will get sued if a big event is cancelled so they let it go ahead first but it makes a mockery of checking in the first place.
samwbr
Lightweight

Post by samwbr »

gregregegg wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 20:41 Chris van Heerdan says he didnt get tested at all befor his fight with connor, So connor likely didnt either. said there was one piss test after. Benn could of been cycling like lance all build up.

Really feel for Van heerden here. has to question Benns cleaness for that fight (and about 10 others), And the style of his defeat basicaly retired him. A better showing (even as a loss) could of resulted in a few more little pay days.
Did he sign up for any testing pre fight? Can't moan after if they didn't.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Eddie’s first detailed interview about this will interesting. Given his stance on drugs previously, and the fact that as a promoter he’s probably talked about VADA being crucial more than anyone else, it makes you wonder what he’s been told to act the way he has this week.

It’s almost certainly just chasing the money but it does make me wonder whether he’s been taken in by some story from team Benn. Hopefully we’ll find out at some point.
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight

Post by JamesPhilips »

maverick23 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:05
JamesPhilips wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 11:44
maverick23 wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 16:10

Billy Joe vs Andrade. The contract was VADA testing which is what the state in the US used. The WBO stripped Billy Joe because the fight couldn’t take place there. Interestingly Billy Joe wasn’t banned by the BBBC because they didn’t find a positive test and the substance isn’t on their banned list (which is in-line with WADA).

Slightly different scenario because I’d imagine that if that fight was due to take place in the U.K. it would have happened.
Thanks. Who was BJS signed with then? FW?
Frank.

He wasn’t banned by the BBBC and fought, in the U.K., 2 months later. There is a subtle difference though in that the stuff Billy Joe popped hot for isn’t banned by UKAD/WADA but it is banned, as Eddie says, by the gold standard VADA.

The stuff Benn had in him is banned by everyone!
I don’t know much about PEDs but isn’t this drug legal? So why is it considered so serious?
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

JamesPhilips wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:54
JamesPhilips wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 11:44
Thanks. Who was BJS signed with then? FW?
Frank.

He wasn’t banned by the BBBC and fought, in the U.K., 2 months later. There is a subtle difference though in that the stuff Billy Joe popped hot for isn’t banned by UKAD/WADA but it is banned, as Eddie says, by the gold standard VADA.

I don’t know much about PEDs but isn’t this drug legal? So why is it considered so serious?
The one that Billy Joe got popped for is allowed by UKAD/WADA out of competition (so as long as it’s not in his system on the day of/day before the fight he’s ok by them). VADA ban it at any time. When Eddie said that UKAD was irrelevant with regards to the Billy Joe situation he was right because the local commission in the US weren’t using UKAD - just VADA - so they didn’t allow the fight to happen. If it had been in the U.K. then the fight would have probably happened and the news re: the failed VADA may not have come to light.

Clomifene is a banned substance at any point by both VADA and UKAD/WADA. Just because it’s a banned substance doesn’t make it illegal. For example insulin’s a PED but clearly diabetics need it to live.

From what I’ve read about it it’s most common use (outside of female fertility) is replenishing someone’s testosterone after it’s dipped following a cycle of other PEDs. Apparently Conor’s testosterone level was normal when tested leading me to think it was this rather than to give him elevated levels. This is off pretty limited knowledge though as I’d never heard of it until Wednesday.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

maverick23 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 03:05
JamesPhilips wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:54

Frank.

The one that Billy Joe got popped for is allowed by UKAD/WADA out of competition (so as long as it’s not in his system on the day of/day before the fight he’s ok by them). VADA ban it at any time. When Eddie said that UKAD was irrelevant with regards to the Billy Joe situation he was right because the local commission in the US weren’t using UKAD - just VADA - so they didn’t allow the fight to happen. If it had been in the U.K. then the fight would have probably happened and the news re: the failed VADA may not have come to light.

Clomifene is a banned substance at any point by both VADA and UKAD/WADA. Just because it’s a banned substance doesn’t make it illegal. For example insulin’s a PED but clearly diabetics need it to live.

From what I’ve read about it it’s most common use (outside of female fertility) is replenishing someone’s testosterone after it’s dipped following a cycle of other PEDs. Apparently Conor’s testosterone level was normal when tested leading me to think it was this rather than to give him elevated levels. This is off pretty limited knowledge though as I’d never heard of it until Wednesday.
Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones got suspended for the same thing Benn took.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Nightmare Roy wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:25
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:13 Eubank gonna be loving this and hating at the same time.

:lol:
Notice how much more calm Benn was here. This was mid 2019… he’s been soo much more aggressive in the past couple of years.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

freddy73 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:53 Not sure if this has been posted before, genuis..

https://twitter.com/btrboxingpod/status ... iz9wQ&s=09
'my wife leaves her tampons lying around but they don't end up up my arse' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

People have their opinions on Conor Benn, I understand that, but I have some questions depending on the answers which possibly leave people in an even worse situation…

1. Is it true DAZN put pressure on people to cancel the show or did they bluntly say they were not going to show the fight?

2. When did the relevant parties know of the adverse findings theres people saying on twitter (Dan Raphael) that the test was something like 1st September and the findings were disseminated on something like 23rd Sep

3. If 23 Sep is correct why on earth did it come down to a “whistleblower” saying something to the Daily Mail.?

4. If nothing was said to the Daily Mail, were the BBBofC still going to sanction the fight? More importantly were matchroom and wasserman still prepared to let the show to take place?

5. The obvious question is if Conor Bennis innocent how on earth did the offending item get into his the A Sample?

6. Why is there a differing opinion on the use of clomiphoene in regards to its effects on sportsmen?

7. Why is it taking so long for the B sample to be tested. In this case will it ever be tested?

8. When are the BBBofC going to suspend Conor Benn due to an adverse finding?

will the personalities involved in this situation will they morally and ethically recover from this whole situation
Last edited by Spud on 07 Oct 2022, 04:11, edited 2 times in total.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 03:39
Nightmare Roy wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:25
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:13 Eubank gonna be loving this and hating at the same time.

:lol:
Notice how much more calm Benn was here. This was mid 2019… he’s been soo much more aggressive in the past couple of years.
He’s always had a bit of an angry side. I remember the press conference early in his career when Eubank Snr was giving him some advice and the switch flicked with Conor.

I actually think he’s calmed down a bit strangely. Watching the head to head round table I think if it had been a younger Conor then he’d have been flipping the table as Junior was just goading him.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Spud wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:07 People have their opinions on Conor Benn, I understand that, but I have spone questions which possibly leave people in an even worse situation…

1. Is it true DAZN put pressure on people to cancel the show or did they bluntly say they were not going to show the fight?
that would make a nice change, someone in the whole situation taking a stand. Good for DaZN if so.
fizzjambo
Middleweight

Post by fizzjambo »

maverick23 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:35 Eddie’s first detailed interview about this will interesting. Given his stance on drugs previously, and the fact that as a promoter he’s probably talked about VADA being crucial more than anyone else, it makes you wonder what he’s been told to act the way he has this week.

It’s almost certainly just chasing the money but it does make me wonder whether he’s been taken in by some story from team Benn. Hopefully we’ll find out at some point.
Hearn’s in a bit of a tight spot - DANZ hasn’t taken off in the way it could have, due to a number of factors many of which can’t be laid at his door. That has to put pressure on the long term future of his deal with them, or at least the value of it, and I cannae see Sky taking him back on an exclusive deal - he’s dropped them once and they’ve invested heavily to mitigate that and start rebuilding.

UK wise he’s short of stars. Joshua isn’t the commodity he was as he can’t legitimately be sold as a No1 or PFP contender. He’s still got significant value but it will have taken a big hit and is probably now in constant decline. Benn is probably his next biggest UK asset, however that’s been achieved through hype rather than substance - I don’t think too many doubt that he’ll be exposed when he steps up to work level - and probably in a fashion that will make it very clear he isn’t near that level. So easy to hit that he looks a good bet to get ironed out by a top operator.

In some ways (and I don’t support this at all by the way and think all the cu-nts involved should get the jail if proven) Benn is the lowest risk boxer to pop hard. Money there to pay for it to be done to a very specific, advised programme, big upside if he can keep winning as he’s marketable and the risk of him not popping is than in reality he’s very ordinary and the moment he gets ironed out he’ll be called out for what he is and his value will nosedive. You know the testing regime is weak, you know the PPV numbers are there based on all the flannel we all see day in day out. How big a risk is it if the chances of being caught are low and the punishments are so weak?

Best thing any of us can do is make sure the wee rat never sees a pound note of our money spent on him again. I certainly won’t be contributing to incentivising him hurting anyone in future
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

maverick23 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:35 Eddie’s first detailed interview about this will interesting. Given his stance on drugs previously, and the fact that as a promoter he’s probably talked about VADA being crucial more than anyone else, it makes you wonder what he’s been told to act the way he has this week.

Eddie is finished in terms of credibility. He has handled this incredibly badly, been shown to be a hypocrite with questionable integrity. We can't believe anything he' said before or says again in the future now. Has he buried things like this before?
garethhop
Welterweight

Post by garethhop »

Tony Sims has just put a statement out.

He includes a line in there that Nigel Benn has lived with Conor day to day throughout the whole 12 weeks. Clearly to try and influence people to believe that there is no way Conor could do anything whilst in this 24/7 supervision.

Yet we know that Conor had a weekend away from his training camp on the weekend of the Queen's death (he checked into the hotel the Marshall/Fields fighters were based and that was captured on film).

So that's not true.

Get ready for all kinds of stories coming through now from Benn's camp.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Conor Benn trainer breaks silence on 'devastating' Chris Eubank Jr fight postponement

Conor Benn’s trainer Tony Sims is ‘devastated’ by the news that his fight against Chris Eubank Jr has been cancelled. The veteran coach has never had one of his fighters fail an anti-doping test during his 26 years in the sport but has been met with the news that Benn returned adverse findings for the banned substance clomifene in a drugs test carried out by VADA.

“After 26 years in boxing, a sport I love and have dedicated my life to, I can say hand on heart that I have never experienced or witnessed any athlete in my camp fail an anti-doping test, voluntary or mandatory and I stand proud by that fact.

“Today leaves me truly devastated as we call a postponement to such an amazing event that I was honoured to say I was part of. I have worked closely with Conor Benn for the last 7 years, developing and mentoring him as a fighter in the ring and a man outside of it.

"In particular we have completed this recent 12-week camp alongside Nigel, his father who has lived with Conor day to day, beginning to end. Having spoken to Conor personally in length surrounding the subject and listening to him, I support him as a coach and a friend.

“We are determined to get to the bottom of this as a team, working closely with Conor’s legal advisors in an effort to understand the meaning of the ‘adverse finding’ and resolve this matter urgently. Thank you for your continued support, TS.”
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:45 “After 26 years in boxing, a sport I love and have dedicated my life to, I can say hand on heart that I have never experienced or witnessed any athlete in my camp fail an anti-doping test, voluntary or mandatory and I stand proud by that fact.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kids, you can all spot the obvious absence there, I hope: what is it that Sims doesn't say he has 'never experienced', here> ffs.

is this an accident or is he trying to sound like Lance Armstrong's lawyer. what a fking shower of shite.