Benn - Decision
4%

Total votes: 117

Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by Counter-puncher »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:45

“We are determined to get to the bottom of this as a team, working closely with Conor’s legal advisors in an effort to understand the meaning of the ‘adverse finding’ and resolve this matter urgently. Thank you for your continued support, TS.”
'adverse finding' :yay: :yay: :yay:

:doh:
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:18
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:45 “After 26 years in boxing, a sport I love and have dedicated my life to, I can say hand on heart that I have never experienced or witnessed any athlete in my camp fail an anti-doping test, voluntary or mandatory and I stand proud by that fact.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kids, you can all spot the obvious absence there, I hope: what is it that Sims doesn't say he has 'never experienced', here> ffs.

is this an accident or is he trying to sound like Lance Armstrong's lawyer. what a fking shower of shite.
he has never experienced a failed drugs test in his camp.. and he stands by that fact?

Its not factual. He failed a test.. Just because he has passed some since, doesn't take away the one he failed.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

i'm not sure you're getting it

he's saying he's 'never witnessed a failed drugs test'

what he isn't saying is 'I have never seen a fighter take PED's, or been involved in the administration of PED's, or known of or worked with a fighter who is on PED's, every fighter in my camp has always been and will always be clean'

that is what he (it seems to me) was very careful NOT to say.
[email protected]
Super Flyweight

Post by [email protected] »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 03:39
freddy73 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:53 Not sure if this has been posted before, genuis..

https://twitter.com/btrboxingpod/status ... iz9wQ&s=09
'my wife leaves her tampons lying around but they don't end up up my arse' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you should have a go
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

[email protected] wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:27
Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 03:39
freddy73 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:53 Not sure if this has been posted before, genuis..

https://twitter.com/btrboxingpod/status ... iz9wQ&s=09
'my wife leaves her tampons lying around but they don't end up up my arse' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you should have a go
on Benn's missis? why not, just about any bird in her twenties would do me nowadays but I imagine a young sportsman like Connor's got a decent sort.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

jimmystone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:36
maverick23 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 02:35 Eddie’s first detailed interview about this will interesting. Given his stance on drugs previously, and the fact that as a promoter he’s probably talked about VADA being crucial more than anyone else, it makes you wonder what he’s been told to act the way he has this week.

It’s almost certainly just chasing the money but it does make me wonder whether he’s been taken in by some story from team Benn. Hopefully we’ll find out at some point.
Eddie is finished in terms of credibility. He has handled this incredibly badly, been shown to be a hypocrite with questionable integrity. We can't believe anything he' said before or says again in the future now. Has he buried things like this before?
I agree his credibility is massively hit. Whilst I don’t think he’s lied about anything, it’s more the omission of things (they’ve known about this for 2 weeks - what reason has Conor got for this being in his system and why haven’t they tested the B-sample etc) and clearly changing his mind that’s concerning re: failed drugs tests. He’s either, and this is far more likely, a massive hypocrite, or he’s been taken in by some bullshit story.
unknownman79
Super Flyweight

Post by unknownman79 »

Dazn and Hearn are now in the gutter. Sims stable needs more testing as Benn won't be the only one.

Disgraceful from Benn and all the dazn/hearn bum lickers like bellew.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

Still no official updates or explanations, the silence is deafening
tony1234
Super Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

All these statements look like they've been done by a lawyer, how did Benn test for the drug if he hadn't taken it and why hasn't he demanded the B sample tested ? Probably knows the result will be the same and then the games up.
So does this fight get moved to Saudi or Gibraltar under their jurisdiction or be chucked in the bin ?
I wonder if DAZN may decide to chuck the towel in on Matchroom as part of the aftermath ?
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Whoa!!! Bellman!!!

Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

tony1234 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:56
I wonder if DAZN may decide to chuck the towel in on Matchroom as part of the aftermath ?
that was one of my first thoughts yesterday, the relationship with Camp Eddie has been rocky recently anyway, they have lost a load of money on boxing anyway, this would seem the perfect time for them to cut bait.
milpool
Super Welterweight

Post by milpool »

To add a bit of light to the situation…

Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:59 Whoa!!! Bellman!!!
I don’t go be fair my old man said he went on some walk with you and your all day haha, but your energy to certain violations seem different to others

i understand from (and agree with) 'your energy...' but does anyone have even the faintest clue what the first bit says?
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Good if the interviewer to ask some proper questions…

🤬
MightyWarrior
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by MightyWarrior »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:24 i'm not sure you're getting it

he's saying he's 'never witnessed a failed drugs test'

what he isn't saying is 'I have never seen a fighter take PED's, or been involved in the administration of PED's, or known of or worked with a fighter who is on PED's, every fighter in my camp has always been and will always be clean'

that is what he (it seems to me) was very careful NOT to say.
Yeh that’s how I read it too, also throwing Nigel under the bus, been with him day in day out etc
orbtastic
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by orbtastic »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 06:47
I don’t go be fair my old man said he went on some walk with you and your all day haha, but your energy to certain violations seem different to others

i understand from (and agree with) 'your energy...' but does anyone have even the faintest clue what the first bit says?
He could use some punctuation.

I think it’s several thoughts jumbled into one big mess.

I don’t go
(To) be fair, my old man (dad) went on some walk with you and said you’re all day

I assume he means he’s non stop. Some walk I assume means either an actual walk or metaphysical journey. It’s really badly written, either way.
JimJim2009
Light Heavyweight

Post by JimJim2009 »

A question I would like to see asked of Eddie in due course.

Once you became aware of the failed test, did you or anyone acting on matchroom's behalf warn or deter anyone from making this information public.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

The only reason I'd ever give Anthony any grief is for keeping his mouth shut. I understand why he does and I'm glad he is being a little bit more outspoken today. I have no doubt in my mind that he has been a victim of fighting men who were doped. I'm not going to name names but imagine how low Tony's testosterone levels must have been when he was crucifying himself to get to light heavyweight. He was so weakened and if he was fighting against men who were doping the disadvantage would have been huge.

Bellew is seriously underrated. Like I said yesterday, he was genuinely banging out grown men as a teenager straddling boyhood and manhood and could hang with just about anybody totally clean. If he'd have been up to what so many are thought to be, there'd be very few who'd have beaten him at any level IMO.

He should remain the outspoken man he naturally is and not keep his counsel because he is grateful. He earnt every penny and would have earnt even more than he did if he wasn't matched against people who (I believe) were cheats.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:45 “After 26 years in boxing, a sport I love and have dedicated my life to, I can say hand on heart that I have never experienced or witnessed any athlete in my camp fail an anti-doping test, voluntary or mandatory and I stand proud by that fact.

kids, you can all spot the obvious absence there, I hope: what is it that Sims doesn't say he has 'never experienced', here> ffs.

is this an accident or is he trying to sound like Lance Armstrong's lawyer. what a fking shower of shite.
x2 whoever wrote that is a spanner.

Eubank is a spanner too btw with his "10 years and never failed one" line. My suspicions are always raised by anybody who words their defence in that fashion.

"I have never knowingly used PEDs or any other banned performance enhancing supplement, hormone or similar. Nor have I used prescribed TRT. Nor have I now or at any time had a therapeutic use exemption of any kind".

If you can't honestly say that you are cheat IMO.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

jimmystone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 07:54

The only reason I'd ever give Anthony any grief is for keeping his mouth shut. I understand why he does and I'm glad he is being a little bit more outspoken today. I have no doubt in my mind that he has been a victim of fighting men who were doped. I'm not going to name names but imagine how low Tony's testosterone levels must have been when he was crucifying himself to get to light heavyweight. He was so weakened and if he was fighting against men who were doping the disadvantage would have been huge.

Bellew is seriously underrated. Like I said yesterday, he was genuinely banging out grown men as a teenager straddling boyhood and manhood and could hang with just about anybody totally clean. If he'd have been up to what so many are thought to be, there'd be very few who'd have beaten him at any level IMO.

He should remain the outspoken man he naturally is and not keep his counsel because he is grateful. He earnt every penny and would have earnt even more than he did if he wasn't matched against people who (I believe) were cheats.
fair points. I really 'liked' Bellew when he was on here, and although he was always quick to defend his mates (to the point of obvious bias) he did often give what seemed to be an honest opinion and, yes, I'd like a little more of that. I think he's earned the right to speak his mind.
Minimumweight

Post by 1103924 »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:18
jimmystone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 07:54

fair points. I really 'liked' Bellew when he was on here, and although he was always quick to defend his mates (to the point of obvious bias) he did often give what seemed to be an honest opinion and, yes, I'd like a little more of that. I think he's earned the right to speak his mind.
Was it Bellew or Cleverley that posted here denying the other's accusation that they were on PEDs?
fizzjambo
Middleweight

Post by fizzjambo »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 05:21

he has never experienced a failed drugs test in his camp.. and he stands by that fact?

Its not factual. He failed a test.. Just because he has passed some since, doesn't take away the one he failed.
Every statement just makes this worse. It’s beyond obvious that his statement has been written, or heavily edited, by a PR and legal team.

I’m not implicating Sims in this as I don’t know enough to do so but just feck off with this shite mate, be better saying nowt
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

I was listening to someone on YouTube who is knowledgable on PEDs and he said if Benn wants to clear his name then apparently a hair follicle test will do it as it will show positive traces even from months ago.
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:44 I was listening to someone on YouTube who is knowledgable on PEDs and he said if Benn wants to clear his name then apparently a hair follicle test will do it as it will show positive traces even from months ago.
yep, for most drugs (recreational anyway) they’re out of your piss in a few days, blood a month maybe depending on the drug and hair is your worst enemy.

lots of boxers have shaved heeeds but some have beards - are these the ‘clean athletes’?
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Now this is tragic!!

WTF!!