Who is Dr. Usman Sajjad...?

wrighty
Featherweight

Re: Who is Dr. Usman Sajjad...?

Post by wrighty »

I've heard Felix Cash bandied about a lot too. What's the story with him in regards to rumours of doping?

Anyone heard?
ThereByTheGrace
Middleweight

Post by ThereByTheGrace »

It's times like this I love the forum. They do the work a competent journalist should have done already
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

ThereByTheGrace wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:46 It's times like this I love the forum. They do the work a competent journalist should have done already
:TU: Jim's the man
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

wrighty wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:42 I've heard Felix Cash bandied about a lot too. What's the story with him in regards to rumours of doping?

Anyone heard?
Nothing but conjecture. He’s in the same camp as Conor, was training with him on the Isle of Wight and isn’t in the WBC too 15 where you need to sign up to VADA to be part of.
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

ThereByTheGrace wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 04:46 It's times like this I love the forum. They do the work a competent journalist should have done already
was coming here to say this. sadly the majority of boxing journalists are blind cheerleaders with their beaks open waiting to be fed. also, who would be brave enough to uncover all this stuff when boxing is so tied to the ‘criminal world’ ?

and honestly would the public be surprised by any of this? would anything change?

someone on Twitter wrote in the comments something like:

“It would be mad not to be on PEDs in boxing.”
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

golden_balls wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 06:11
was coming here to say this. sadly the majority of boxing journalists are blind cheerleaders with their beaks open waiting to be fed. also, who would be brave enough to uncover all this stuff when boxing is so tied to the ‘criminal world’ ?

and honestly would the public be surprised by any of this? would anything change?

Well, The Sun lead with a two page spread attacking Hearn in the sports pages.
bripez
Middleweight

Post by bripez »

A problem is that a lot of the people boxing fans read/watch are not actual trained journalists or members of the NUJ.

They are paid on views rather than a salary and they therefore need access to boxers and others in the sport - they therefore end up just writing nice positive stuff to maintain their access as they know if they report other stuff they will be frozen out
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

bripez wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 07:32 A problem is that a lot of the people boxing fans read/watch are not actual trained journalists or members of the NUJ.

They are paid on views rather than a salary and they therefore need access to boxers and others in the sport - they therefore end up just writing nice positive stuff to maintain their access as they know if they report other stuff they will be frozen out
100%, a bit like a lot of social media in general, paid promotions, biased reporting and influencers who say what they need to say for their career or what they are told to say
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

it’s essentially PR (albeit external)
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

mickey1975 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 06:38

what i mean is really pulling the carpet up
wrighty
Featherweight

Post by wrighty »

I imagine you wouldn't want to get close to uncovering all of that, like you said with the criminal ties.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

wrighty wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:57 I imagine you wouldn't want to get close to uncovering all of that, like you said with the criminal ties.
I don't believe that. Any serious criminal involved in boxing is there as a fan or a money launderer. Either way they aren't putting a journalist in the sights for uncovering a doping scandal that at best would shame a few fighters, managers and promoters and perhaps see a doctor struck off.
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

jimmystone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:07
wrighty wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:57 I imagine you wouldn't want to get close to uncovering all of that, like you said with the criminal ties.
I don't believe that. Any serious criminal involved in boxing is there as a fan or a money launderer. Either way they aren't putting a journalist in the sights for uncovering a doping scandal that at best would shame a few fighters, managers and promoters and perhaps see a doctor struck off.
that is what i’d like to believe, and you know a hell of a lot more about this sport than I do. hopefully it is the case because it’s already hard to stick with boxing as it is.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

golden_balls wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:44

mate if the Sun isn't your gold standard for Investigative journalism, you're surely a tough crowd....
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:22
golden_balls wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 08:44
mate if the Sun isn't your gold standard for Investigative journalism, you're surely a tough crowd....
The Sun article got this part right:

“ This is a sport which operates like the Wild West, but where the outlaws seem genuinely stunned when the Sheriff dares to flex his muscles.”

but doesn’t really go beyond the hypocrisy of Hearn (admittedly an Everest)
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

golden_balls wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:31
“ This is a sport which operates like the Wild West, but where the outlaws seem genuinely stunned when the Sheriff dares to flex his muscles.”
nicely put, i always thought there was some thwarted literary talent waiting to come out in some Sun journos
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:34
golden_balls wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:31
nicely put, i always thought there was some thwarted literary talent waiting to come out in some Sun journos
like a fart in the bath. might be a while till the next
Gnome
Middleweight

Post by Gnome »

Your youtubers and such, maybe. Not print journalists, such as Matt Christie and your Donald McCrae.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Christie was calling for 'an investigation to see how this got into (Benn')s system' as if there was a whole range of possibilities, so I'm not sure he's that much better than 'he sounds to me like he's telling the truth' Bunce and his ilk.
Monzon83
Bantamweight

Post by Monzon83 »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 10:17 Christie was calling for 'an investigation to see how this got into (Benn')s system' as if there was a whole range of possibilities, so I'm not sure he's that much better than 'he sounds to me like he's telling the truth' Bunce and his ilk.
Like Bunce and Davies he'll probably accept the bullshit explanations that Matchroom and UKAD will put out to explain the 'adverse findings'.
Flump
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Flump »

Monzon83 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 10:36
Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 10:17 Christie was calling for 'an investigation to see how this got into (Benn')s system' as if there was a whole range of possibilities, so I'm not sure he's that much better than 'he sounds to me like he's telling the truth' Bunce and his ilk.
Like Bunce and Davies he'll probably accept the bullshit explanations that Matchroom and UKAD will put out to explain the 'adverse findings'.
I wouldn't be so sure, he's a cut above those two but unfortunately and undesevedly has less reach.
a force
Middleweight

Post by a force »

Bunce was talking bollocks on the five live podcast.

‘We need to know what dates the UKAD tests were & how close they were to the VADA test’

No we don’t. It’s irrelevant. The whole point of microdosing is that it’s out of your system quickly.

I was surprised that he spoke about Fury’s failed nandrolone test. It’s barely had a mention by anyone in boxing.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

This is what he said in that video

“I’d say 80-90% are juicing. If you’re an elite level boxer, yeah 80-90% are doing it from what I’m seeing.

It’s not just steroids, you’ve got IV fluid infusion, you’ve got diaretics, you’ve got growth hormones, you’ve got testosterone replacements.

In terms of excuses, I don’t really believe them. Athletes know what’s gonna happen if they fail.

They’ll tell their nutritionist, they’ll tell their doctor, their strength and conditioning. So someone will pull them up and say don’t take that. A lot of times how the drug testing system works, all the fights in the UK, it’s all urine testing.

You have to be an idiot to fail a drug test in England, because urine test is just 72 hours. The one the trips up a lot of athletes is if you sign up to the random drug testing.

They will have a thing where they can track you where you are and they can turn up to your house whenever and do a blood test on you. With a Blood test, things stay in your system for a month.

However you can get around the random drug testing, because between the hours of 11pm and 7am, they’re not allowed to come to your house.

A lot of athletes can take very fast acting testosterone or growth hormones which (stays) in your body for 9-10 hours. You could take it at 9-10pm and it would be out of your system by 7am the next morning.

There’s a lot of tricks, especially when you get to the higher level, the elite level. They’ll find every possible way of winning.”
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

a force wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 08:38 Bunce was talking bollocks on the five live podcast.

‘We need to know what dates the UKAD tests were & how close they were to the VADA test’

No we don’t. It’s irrelevant. The whole point of microdosing is that it’s out of your system quickly.

I was surprised that he spoke about Fury’s failed nandrolone test. It’s barely had a mention by anyone in boxing.
Doesn't matter about the dates.. Yes, it might help, but the fact will still remain.. he failed!

Get the B Sample tested.. the reason they split the piss into two containers is for a reason. but 99-9% it's usually the same result;.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

There really is NO EXCUSE whatsover ,, , I had a couple of AMETEURS not PROFESIONALS ameteurs who made the national team , and it was so strict on what they were told they could and could not put in there bodys , it was unbelievable ,, one would ring me at 11pm night time , with questions like , i'm going out can i have this drink , can i eat a mars bar and such ,, I'd have to say i don't know look at the list , look at the ingridients ,,, now this is where i have no sympathy whats so ever , for well paid top earners .

These lads were not doing it for the money , they put years in for there pride , the honor , Cheating bastards like Benn has no excuse , theres a doctor lives two hundred miles away claiming to be an expert and his doctor on call , he has all the relevent info , and knows what he can and can't do , he can afford the best of everything from equipment to trainers , the only reason is to cheat ,, Everyone else is doing it is not an excuse , because THERE NOT it only seems to be the high paid ones