Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Who wins?

Poll runs till 25 Feb 2023, 16:40

Eubank - Decision
26
22%
Eubank - T/KO
78
67%
DRAW
1
1%
Benn - T/KO
7
6%
Benn - Decision
5
4%
 
Total votes: 117

Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 6370
Joined: 13 Jul 2002, 18:29

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by Controversial »

jimmystone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 12:17
Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 12:11 How come UKAD didn’t find the same drug as VADA because it’s banned with UKAD too?
Why do you get fined for driving 100mph on Tuesday but not for driving 30mph on Friday?
My bad, yes of course, I was thinking it stayed in your system longer.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 6370
Joined: 13 Jul 2002, 18:29

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by Controversial »

Apparently the lighter your hair colour the harder it can be to detect when performing hair follicle tests but as Benn has black hair he is perfect and it would go a long way in clearing his name
jimmystone
Light Flyweight
Posts: 1597
Joined: 01 Dec 2021, 07:31

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by jimmystone »

18 years ago on this forum we were discussing this stuff. Nothing has really changed. I remember vividly myself and Deserter (where are you, mate?) who was working for a cycling mag at the time, or had been in recent times, we were explaining to others and chatting between ourselves about why it was pretty much a cast iron certainty that Lance Armstrong was using PEDS. We got slaughtered at the time from some because it was when he was still a global superstar and hero, it was a decade before his Oprah interview. People believe what they want to believe and objectivity goes out of the window.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 5913
Joined: 21 Jun 2004, 06:00

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by coneye »

Couple of things about this whole debacle sort of raise my eybrows ,

1 --- Why did the bbbc wait so long , they had the results why wait till it was leaked before they acted ,, jump before pushed scenario ,,, Then again were they waiting for the second test to be conclusive ,,, Then again i've read it (second test ) has to actually be asked for by the payer . Hearn or the athlete Benn ,, which would be why its not been done can't risk it . ,, sort of raise my eyebrows and ponder .

2--- Hearn still pushing for the fight ,, well too be honest its nothing less than i would expect , anyone who thinks this guy is doing it all for the love of the sport is crazy ,, he does what he does to prove to his old man he can run a succesful ship , wants to make dada proud and just wants to rake in the money and become the biggest promoter in the world , he really does consider himself A team , he's like a snake oil salesman , he does'nt care what he says or how he acts , providing he sells his product and makes money , whats more he's good at it , ,
Theres also the fact that he knows it won't matter , because at the end of the day , if he delivers , Fury -- AJ or AJ -- Wilder , all will be forgiven , i mean we all know Don King was probably the worst out there worst than Hearn by a country mile , but heh , we still tuned in to the thriller in Manilla , so once again i sort of raise my eyebrows , shrug my shoulders and go , what do you expect . .

3 --- Now this ones different ,, Sims comes out with his statement , obviously a well scripted statement which denies nothing and admits less , , he's the coach who's worked close , don't tell me he has not noticed how aggressive Benns become , how his body has changed , ,,, His dad pastor rip rap ,, coming out , looking straight at a camera , and saying my boys innocent Conors a good boy ,
Then Benn himself , i'm clean , i'm clean , i don't need to do this , i was brought up with a silver spoon , i fight cos i'm hard , i don't give a monkeys what you say i got me a rolls royce and a porche , i'm hard and i'm great ,, then all along demanding hydration clauses , .
For that and them 3 i don't raise my eyebrows , I don't shrug my shoulders , and say too be expected .

I shake my head in total disgust and say BAN bENN FOR LIFE ,,,,, BAN HIS TRAINER FOR 5-10 YEARS
Teddy's Toupee
Middleweight
Posts: 1844
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 17:37

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by Teddy's Toupee »

joshj909 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:09
Teddy's Toupee wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 13:44
joshj909 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 12:24

Ever noticed how many boxers have a shaved head...

I remember Whyte saying that he had not cut his hair for the Rivas fight because of the positive test, which I assume proved something which may have helped his case.
I wonder if they shave their pubes as well?
If they are all over hairless then I think that deserves a 2 year ban for obvious attempts at evasion. Not sure who's going to be willing to do the checking though.
Tony Bellew?
golden_balls
Flyweight
Posts: 449
Joined: 25 Dec 2020, 18:18

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by golden_balls »

coneye wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:21 Couple of things about this whole debacle sort of raise my eybrows ,

1 --- Why did the bbbc wait so long , they had the results why wait till it was leaked before they acted ,, jump before pushed scenario ,,, Then again were they waiting for the second test to be conclusive ,,, Then again i've read it (second test ) has to actually be asked for by the payer . Hearn or the athlete Benn ,, which would be why its not been done can't risk it . ,, sort of raise my eyebrows and ponder .

2--- Hearn still pushing for the fight ,, well too be honest its nothing less than i would expect , anyone who thinks this guy is doing it all for the love of the sport is crazy ,, he does what he does to prove to his old man he can run a succesful ship , wants to make dada proud and just wants to rake in the money and become the biggest promoter in the world , he really does consider himself A team , he's like a snake oil salesman , he does'nt care what he says or how he acts , providing he sells his product and makes money , whats more he's good at it , ,
Theres also the fact that he knows it won't matter , because at the end of the day , if he delivers , Fury -- AJ or AJ -- Wilder , all will be forgiven , i mean we all know Don King was probably the worst out there worst than Hearn by a country mile , but heh , we still tuned in to the thriller in Manilla , so once again i sort of raise my eyebrows , shrug my shoulders and go , what do you expect . .

3 --- Now this ones different ,, Sims comes out with his statement , obviously a well scripted statement which denies nothing and admits less , , he's the coach who's worked close , don't tell me he has not noticed how aggressive Benns become , how his body has changed , ,,, His dad pastor rip rap ,, coming out , looking straight at a camera , and saying my boys innocent Conors a good boy ,
Then Benn himself , i'm clean , i'm clean , i don't need to do this , i was brought up with a silver spoon , i fight cos i'm hard , i don't give a monkeys what you say i got me a rolls royce and a porche , i'm hard and i'm great ,, then all along demanding hydration clauses , .
For that and them 3 i don't raise my eyebrows , I don't shrug my shoulders , and say too be expected .

I shake my head in total disgust and say BAN bENN FOR LIFE ,,,,, BAN HIS TRAINER FOR 5-10 YEARS
do you think that boxing is acting more over things since the Kinehan episode?

with more eyes on boxing, the fat cops are putting down their donuts and actually doing their job. sloppy work from the Benn camp got them caught but the others who manage to cheat the system are holding their breath for what happens next.

or is that too cynical and based on a youtube interview with Dr Usman (who may or may not have been bullshitting a bit to big himself up in an interview)?
golden_balls
Flyweight
Posts: 449
Joined: 25 Dec 2020, 18:18

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by golden_balls »

Teddy's Toupee wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:26
joshj909 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:09
Teddy's Toupee wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 13:44

I wonder if they shave their pubes as well?
If they are all over hairless then I think that deserves a 2 year ban for obvious attempts at evasion. Not sure who's going to be willing to do the checking though.
Tony Bellew?
:lol:
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 5913
Joined: 21 Jun 2004, 06:00

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by coneye »

golden_balls wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:32
Teddy's Toupee wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:26
joshj909 wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:09

If they are all over hairless then I think that deserves a 2 year ban for obvious attempts at evasion. Not sure who's going to be willing to do the checking though.
Tony Bellew?
:lol:
:lol: :lol: I can see the way thinkings going here ,, everyones seeing little yellow chana men under there beds now ,,, shaved heads are actually fashinable ,, not so sure about shaved bollocks though ,, anyone know Below , well enough to ask him if he shaves he's :lol: :lol:
handsofstone
Middleweight
Posts: 17944
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by handsofstone »

Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:16
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:11
fair point but would the rehydration clause still be in place? I wouldn't imagine so

nonetheless i always thought Carl was among the straighter shooters.
Did you see Frampton's IFL interview on day the news broke? quality as always from the Jackal, has a canny way of saying exactly what most sensible boxing punters say, really good watch
samwbr
Lightweight
Posts: 8762
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 15:34

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by samwbr »

handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:48
Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:16
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:11
fair point but would the rehydration clause still be in place? I wouldn't imagine so

nonetheless i always thought Carl was among the straighter shooters.
Did you see Frampton's IFL interview on day the news broke? quality as always from the Jackal, has a canny way of saying exactly what most sensible boxing punters say, really good watch
Loved him as a fighter and like him as a pundit but his Kinahan connections can't be forgotten. He's tainted unfortunately.
handsofstone
Middleweight
Posts: 17944
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by handsofstone »

samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:51
handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:48
Counter-puncher wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:16

fair point but would the rehydration clause still be in place? I wouldn't imagine so

nonetheless i always thought Carl was among the straighter shooters.
Did you see Frampton's IFL interview on day the news broke? quality as always from the Jackal, has a canny way of saying exactly what most sensible boxing punters say, really good watch
Loved him as a fighter and like him as a pundit but his Kinahan connections can't be forgotten. He's tainted unfortunately.
Nobody's perfect Sammy, at least he's never cheerleaded him publicly, Frampton's a good egg
tony1234
Super Middleweight
Posts: 1275
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 10:02

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by tony1234 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 13:08 Rescheduled bouts

I can't wait till December , knowing my luck I bet Shannon tests positive for Viagara and gets banned
samwbr
Lightweight
Posts: 8762
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 15:34

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by samwbr »

handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:55
samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:51
handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:48
Did you see Frampton's IFL interview on day the news broke? quality as always from the Jackal, has a canny way of saying exactly what most sensible boxing punters say, really good watch
Loved him as a fighter and like him as a pundit but his Kinahan connections can't be forgotten. He's tainted unfortunately.
Nobody's perfect Sammy, at least he's never cheerleaded him publicly, Frampton's a good egg
True, me especially 😄 I do like him but it's a bit of a thing.
handsofstone
Middleweight
Posts: 17944
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by handsofstone »

samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:00
handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:55
samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:51

Loved him as a fighter and like him as a pundit but his Kinahan connections can't be forgotten. He's tainted unfortunately.
Nobody's perfect Sammy, at least he's never cheerleaded him publicly, Frampton's a good egg
True, me especially 😄 I do like him but it's a bit of a thing.
Yeh I think Frampton's guilty as most for turning a blind eye to the rumours, especially when he would've had opportunities to go to other teams
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 5913
Joined: 21 Jun 2004, 06:00

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by coneye »

Frampton is very likable seems to get his point across very well with few words , honest with great insight
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 5913
Joined: 21 Jun 2004, 06:00

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by coneye »

handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:04
samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:00
handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:55

Nobody's perfect Sammy, at least he's never cheerleaded him publicly, Frampton's a good egg
True, me especially 😄 I do like him but it's a bit of a thing.
Yeh I think Frampton's guilty as most for turning a blind eye to the rumours, especially when he would've had opportunities to go to other teams
But in all fairness his main objective was to box , be champion , make money and provide for his familly , was'nt his job to save the world from gangsters
handsofstone
Middleweight
Posts: 17944
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by handsofstone »

coneye wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:07
handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:04
samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:00

True, me especially 😄 I do like him but it's a bit of a thing.
Yeh I think Frampton's guilty as most for turning a blind eye to the rumours, especially when he would've had opportunities to go to other teams
But in all fairness his main objective was to box , be champion , make money and provide for his familly , was'nt his job to save the world from gangsters
Aye I know where your coming from, the Kinihan's got away with so much and got so far in boxing, right to the very top, I'm sure nearly everyone who got on the MTK train thought it was a good move
handsofstone
Middleweight
Posts: 17944
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 17:28

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by handsofstone »

coneye wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:07
handsofstone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:04
samwbr wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:00

True, me especially 😄 I do like him but it's a bit of a thing.
Yeh I think Frampton's guilty as most for turning a blind eye to the rumours, especially when he would've had opportunities to go to other teams
But in all fairness his main objective was to box , be champion , make money and provide for his familly , was'nt his job to save the world from gangsters
I agree I'd probably do the same
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight
Posts: 68727
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Haha wtf

Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 6370
Joined: 13 Jul 2002, 18:29

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by Controversial »

I have a feeling all this will be brushed under the carpet with little in the way of explanation, a few smoke screens thrown in, a lot of spin and misdirection and Benn kept out the limelight for a while until the fight is announced again
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 5913
Joined: 21 Jun 2004, 06:00

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by coneye »

Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:58 I have a feeling all this will be brushed under the carpet with little in the way of explanation, a few smoke screens thrown in, a lot of spin and misdirection and Benn kept out the limelight for a while until the fight is announced again
I have a feeling and a very strong one ,,, YOU MAY BE RIGHT :lol:
rd350lc
Lightweight
Posts: 3465
Joined: 22 Nov 2014, 11:49

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by rd350lc »

Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:58 I have a feeling all this will be brushed under the carpet with little in the way of explanation, a few smoke screens thrown in, a lot of spin and misdirection and Benn kept out the limelight for a while until the fight is announced again
I dunno , I think there has been a massive public backlash over this and don't see it being that simple .
Don't think Benn's fights will be an easy sell for ever now .
1103924
Minimumweight
Posts: 127
Joined: 24 Sep 2022, 09:10

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by 1103924 »

rd350lc wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 16:25
Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 15:58 I have a feeling all this will be brushed under the carpet with little in the way of explanation, a few smoke screens thrown in, a lot of spin and misdirection and Benn kept out the limelight for a while until the fight is announced again
I dunno , I think there has been a massive public backlash over this and don't see it being that simple .
Don't think Benn's fights will be an easy sell for ever now .
Sadly, he's just the latest in a long line. Time heals all wounds and all that. It didn't do Fury any harm.
wrighty
Featherweight
Posts: 351
Joined: 21 Jan 2016, 21:49

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by wrighty »

coneye wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:21 Couple of things about this whole debacle sort of raise my eybrows ,

1 --- Why did the bbbc wait so long , they had the results why wait till it was leaked before they acted ,, jump before pushed scenario ,,, Then again were they waiting for the second test to be conclusive ,,, Then again i've read it (second test ) has to actually be asked for by the payer . Hearn or the athlete Benn ,, which would be why its not been done can't risk it . ,, sort of raise my eyebrows and ponder .

2--- Hearn still pushing for the fight ,, well too be honest its nothing less than i would expect , anyone who thinks this guy is doing it all for the love of the sport is crazy ,, he does what he does to prove to his old man he can run a succesful ship , wants to make dada proud and just wants to rake in the money and become the biggest promoter in the world , he really does consider himself A team , he's like a snake oil salesman , he does'nt care what he says or how he acts , providing he sells his product and makes money , whats more he's good at it , ,
Theres also the fact that he knows it won't matter , because at the end of the day , if he delivers , Fury -- AJ or AJ -- Wilder , all will be forgiven , i mean we all know Don King was probably the worst out there worst than Hearn by a country mile , but heh , we still tuned in to the thriller in Manilla , so once again i sort of raise my eyebrows , shrug my shoulders and go , what do you expect . .

3 --- Now this ones different ,, Sims comes out with his statement , obviously a well scripted statement which denies nothing and admits less , , he's the coach who's worked close , don't tell me he has not noticed how aggressive Benns become , how his body has changed , ,,, His dad pastor rip rap ,, coming out , looking straight at a camera , and saying my boys innocent Conors a good boy ,
Then Benn himself , i'm clean , i'm clean , i don't need to do this , i was brought up with a silver spoon , i fight cos i'm hard , i don't give a monkeys what you say i got me a rolls royce and a porche , i'm hard and i'm great ,, then all along demanding hydration clauses , .
For that and them 3 i don't raise my eyebrows , I don't shrug my shoulders , and say too be expected .

I shake my head in total disgust and say BAN bENN FOR LIFE ,,,,, BAN HIS TRAINER FOR 5-10 YEARS

When you mentioned Connor becoming really aggressive, it reminded me of this video. I had a mate who was really into weight lifting and he used to juice. He talked exactly like this and could turn in seconds. I wouldn't be shocked at all
. ignore the ridiculous click bait title
liamlion
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 1889
Joined: 06 Jan 2005, 09:56

Re: Chris Eubank Jr. vs. Conor Benn | DAZN PPV - 8 October 2022

Post by liamlion »

Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 14:10
jimmystone wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 12:17
Controversial wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 12:11 How come UKAD didn’t find the same drug as VADA because it’s banned with UKAD too?
Why do you get fined for driving 100mph on Tuesday but not for driving 30mph on Friday?
My bad, yes of course, I was thinking it stayed in your system longer.
I have just heard Gareth A Davies say that UKAD only tested the fighters once.
Post Reply