Connor Benn fails drug test!

Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Connor Benn fails drug test!

Post by Controversial »

maverick23 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:21
Controversial wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:12 What will the excuse be? I really can't see how it can be explained away.
The lady who took sample from him is trying to get pregnant. Also he’s been eating a lot of eggs to help him put on weight and there’s a theory that chickens are given clomiphene to lay more eggs and Conor got traces of it from having 18 a day.
Or his wife is struggling to conceive and on that medication and it’s cross contamination
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Post by Wee Tommy »

jameswilson wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 14:41
Wee Tommy wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:22
jameswilson wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 15:00 Apparently it’s a fertility drug meant for women that Benn has taken.

The fight will now be for the IVF title.
I’ve stolen this masterpiece and used it in a couple of group chats and sent to pals that have used steroids but it went over most heads 😭

I tried it today with my new boss who’d said he was a boxing fan.

I got a completely stone faced reaction so I knew he was a casual.
I was going to say it could be used as a sort of IQ test for so called boxing fans.

Folk in the chats were like “I’ve took that when my balls shrank”
Exoddus
Cruiserweight

Post by Exoddus »

smiling assassin wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:39 I wonder if they will even bother getting the b sample tested as everyone knows what it will show
Have you ever seen the ending of the Indiana Jones film. Raiders of the lost ark?

That old boy is currently pushing around Benn's "B" sample in a nailed shut wooden box in a secret hanger. Putting it right next to Dillian whyte's "B" sample :lol: :lol:
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

Wee Tommy wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:04

I’ve stolen this masterpiece and used it in a couple of group chats and sent to pals that have used steroids but it went over most heads 😭

I was going to say it could be used as a sort of IQ test for so called boxing fans.

:lol: :lol:
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

This is absolutely golden :lol:

Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

Been reported that the fights been postponed, Hearns insinuating that the board didn't follow procedure and the lawyers are pursuing this.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

Wee Tommy wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 17:04

:lol: ffs man
tigermoth87
Featherweight

Post by tigermoth87 »

Should be banned for life
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Anyone remember the whole BALCO scandal in US.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2017/06/ ... o-steroids
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

I remain totally convinced that Benn is going to get away with it.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Spud wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 14:06 I remain totally convinced that Benn is going to get away with it.
Think you may be right there ,, not only that but profit from it ,, said this to a mate he said bullshit how can he , his reputation is now in tatters , people know he's a cheat ,,, my answer was simple if this fight was gonna do 500,000 ppv's , chances are now with millions of dollars of free publicity it now does a million ppv's , and if its correct that him and Eubank are on a percentage of sales , there percentage has probably just doubled .

So UNLESS he gets banned which i doubt he will , the biggest card Hearn is pulling is that BBBC don't recognise Vada and therefore cannot ban him , and you can bet your last dollar THAT is what his lawyers will be looking into and looking very very hard , in fact would'nt suprise me if theve already told bbbc they will take them to court , anyway if he does'nt get banned , and it gets resheduled he profits , in fact if that happens why cancel it at all may has well just let it go on now rather than later then people would'nt of lost accomadation , tickets ect ect .

Leaves his reputation , Does ANYONE think this fella cares ,, he often says to his mate Kugan , i could'nt give a rats arse what people think , look at me i've got a porche , money in the bank , i do well financially , Eddie and my team look after me .

The hardfaced cheating little prick means it has well ,, he could'nt give a toss what anyone thinks ... The only thing here that should happen is he gets BANNED
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

coneye wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 14:23
Spud wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 14:06 I remain totally convinced that Benn is going to get away with it.
Think you may be right there ,, not only that but profit from it ,, said this to a mate he said bullshit how can he , his reputation is now in tatters , people know he's a cheat ,,, my answer was simple if this fight was gonna do 500,000 ppv's , chances are now with millions of dollars of free publicity it now does a million ppv's , and if its correct that him and Eubank are on a percentage of sales , there percentage has probably just doubled .

So UNLESS he gets banned which i doubt he will , the biggest card Hearn is pulling is that BBBC don't recognise Vada and therefore cannot ban him , and you can bet your last dollar THAT is what his lawyers will be looking into and looking very very hard , in fact would'nt suprise me if theve already told bbbc they will take them to court , anyway if he does'nt get banned , and it gets resheduled he profits , in fact if that happens why cancel it at all may has well just let it go on now rather than later then people would'nt of lost accomadation , tickets ect ect .

Leaves his reputation , Does ANYONE think this fella cares ,, he often says to his mate Kugan , i could'nt give a rats arse what people think , look at me i've got a porche , money in the bank , i do well financially , Eddie and my team look after me .

The hardfaced cheating little prick means it has well ,, he could'nt give a toss what anyone thinks ... The only thing here that should happen is he gets BANNED
100% agree, but the prob is even if he is banned, someone will license him.

What would be best is to also ban promoters who use banned fighters!
It would never happen though
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

tigermoth87 wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 05:08 Should be banned for life
He'll get away with it in the sense he'll carry on boxing and make a lot of money but I don't think he'll have a happy life.

For the rest of his life, whether he is or he isn't, almost everybody will think he is cheating. He's done for as a credible sportsperson. Psychologically there's a big difference between being a bullshitter and everybody else knowing you are a bullshitter. This one is bigger than Fury failing, for instance, because of how this has all panned out. Not binning the fight immediately has fucked Benn harder than he actually needed to be fucked.
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

Dillian Whytes adverse finding went away, it was a VADA finding too, I'm sure the same thing will be happen to Benn
Boxerbeetle
Super Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

jimmystone wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 16:06
tigermoth87 wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 05:08 Should be banned for life
He'll get away with it in the sense he'll carry on boxing and make a lot of money but I don't think he'll have a happy life.

For the rest of his life, whether he is or he isn't, almost everybody will think he is cheating. He's done for as a credible sportsperson. Psychologically there's a big difference between being a bullshitter and everybody else knowing you are a bullshitter. This one is bigger than Fury failing, for instance, because of how this has all panned out. Not binning the fight immediately has fucked Benn harder than he actually needed to be fucked.
Yep. If they’d pulled the fight immediately but announced publicly that they genuinely believed the test was inaccurate and would fight to clear Benn’s name before proceeding, I think people would have cut them a fair bit of slack (not that they would have been believed per se, but at least it would have given the impression of attempting to do the sportsmanly thing and o people would probably overlook it when the fight was inevitably rearranged).

But trying to sweep it entirely under the rug has backfired big time imo.
smiling assassin
Super Welterweight

Post by smiling assassin »

Coco wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 16:11 Dillian Whytes adverse finding went away, it was a VADA finding too, I'm sure the same thing will be happen to Benn
I’m with you on that but I’m thinking so
Much has been made of this situation it might be too big for it to go away. In saying that, it won’t have to get tested if Benn or matchroom don’t ask for it to as I’m sure they know the result will be the same so there is no point in bringing it to light
margaret thatcher
Super Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

this has blown up far bigger than the whyte situation did

ed has come across very poorly and in the future iss gonna look LOL if he makes any comments against ped users or wanting clean boxing
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

If it hadn't of been leaked to the Daily Mail no one would have ever known about it.
Glass Joe
Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

Probably had been the ring walks by now.

errrrr well as expected Connor started fast but Eubank was too much for him. Good fight. Correct stoppage in the 9th :OhYes: :OhYes:
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

Glass Joe wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 17:13 Probably had been the ring walks by now.

errrrr well as expected Connor started fast but Eubank was too much for him. Good fight. Correct stoppage in the 9th :OhYes: :OhYes:
Cheers for that :TU:
Saved me the price of the ppv in December or whenever.
Did the ref say "I want a good fight, a clean... Err.." :lol:
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

margaret thatcher wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 16:38 this has blown up far bigger than the whyte situation did

ed has come across very poorly and in the future iss gonna look LOL if he makes any comments against ped users or wanting clean boxing
I saw ed bring up the whyte situation and how everyone jumped on him but he was vindicated and noone apologised.

Which leads me to question, how was whyte vindicated? I just remember it slowly slipping away, never saw a B sample, never saw a good reason for it being in his system, it just kinda went away...
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

gregregegg wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 18:57
margaret thatcher wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 16:38 this has blown up far bigger than the whyte situation did

I saw ed bring up the whyte situation and how everyone jumped on him but he was vindicated and noone apologised.

Which leads me to question, how was whyte vindicated? I just remember it slowly slipping away, never saw a B sample, never saw a good reason for it being in his system, it just kinda went away...
Re: Dillian Whyte. UKAD and him reached an agreement that whilst there were metabolites in his system that shouldn't have been it couldn't be proved he deliberately doped and they determined that his failed test was down to an isolated contamination event e.g. a dodgy supplement.

(On a completely separate note: I suggest you read up on micro-dosing, that is the way sportspeople (usually) beat even VADA testing btw)

Dillian's Case Details from 2019:-

In respect of Mr Whyte's drug testing results, the following points are relevant:

There is nothing in Mr Whyte's longitudinal urinary profile to suggest that he has used steroids.

The levels of the metabolites found in Mr Whyte's 20 June 2019 sample were extremely low.

Mr Whyte had provided a urine sample to VADA on 17 June 2019, i.e. 3 days before his 20 June 2019 sample, which was tested by a WADA-accredited laboratory and which returned a negative result, including for the metabolites in question.

Mr Whyte provided several other doping control samples to UKAD and VADA between 20 June and 20 July 2019 (i.e. the date of his fight with Oscar Rivas) – all of which also tested negative.

In light of the above points, the trace amounts of metabolites found in the 20 June 2019 sample are consistent with an isolated contamination event, and they are not suggestive of doping.
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

jimmystone wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 00:44

Re: Dillian Whyte. UKAD and him reached an agreement that whilst there were metabolites in his system that shouldn't have been it couldn't be proved he deliberately doped and they determined that his failed test was down to an isolated contamination event e.g. a dodgy supplement.

(On a completely separate note: I suggest you read up on micro-dosing, that is the way sportspeople (usually) beat even VADA testing btw)

In respect of Mr Whyte's drug testing results, the following points are relevant:

There is nothing in Mr Whyte's longitudinal urinary profile to suggest that he has used steroids.

The levels of the metabolites found in Mr Whyte's 20 June 2019 sample were extremely low.

Mr Whyte had provided a urine sample to VADA on 17 June 2019, i.e. 3 days before his 20 June 2019 sample, which was tested by a WADA-accredited laboratory and which returned a negative result, including for the metabolites in question.

Mr Whyte provided several other doping control samples to UKAD and VADA between 20 June and 20 July 2019 (i.e. the date of his fight with Oscar Rivas) – all of which also tested negative.

In light of the above points, the trace amounts of metabolites found in the 20 June 2019 sample are consistent with an isolated contamination event, and they are not suggestive of doping.
Oh so trace amounts on a june 20th test, non in a june 17th test, so therefor he could of only injested tiny amounts in that 3 day window, so likely contamination. kinda makes sense i guess.

Microdosing is always an interesting one, from what i understand there is some benifit for some substances, next to no benifit for others....

whyte might not of been banned, but if you accept you had a substance in your body that you shouldent have, you can hardly expect an apology... your job is to not only not knowingly injest things, but also no unknowingly injest things.... Its likely UKAD just couldent afford the legal battle so accepted whytes premis and didnt impose a ban.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

gregregegg wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 01:07
jimmystone wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 00:44

Oh so trace amounts on a june 20th test, non in a june 17th test, so therefor he could of only injested tiny amounts in that 3 day window, so likely contamination. kinda makes sense i guess.

Microdosing is always an interesting one, from what i understand there is some benifit for some substances, next to no benifit for others....

whyte might not of been banned, but if you accept you had a substance in your body that you shouldent have, you can hardly expect an apology... your job is to not only not knowingly injest things, but also no unknowingly injest things.... Its likely UKAD just couldent afford the legal battle so accepted whytes premis and didnt impose a ban.
The metabolite they found in Dillian's sample was for Dianabol and they have reached the conclusion they have reached so we'll leave that there and move on.

If somebody was going to microdose in order to avoid testing, what would work and what would be practical?

Taking an oral Dianabol would surely be more practical than sticking a needle in your arse every evening, wouldn't it? But what about performance benefits? The half life of oral Metandienone (Dianabol) is 3-6 hours. What is the maximum dose that somebody could take in the early evening (the agencies can't test at night) and get down to a level not exceeding 3ng/ml of urine by morning and, therefore, pass a test? Would that amount of the drug be performance enhancing?
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Coco wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 16:11 Dillian Whytes adverse finding went away, it was a VADA finding too, I'm sure the same thing will be happen to Benn
Because of the publicity about this fight a lot more people are aware of it in the UK than when Whyte/Fury/BJS and even Canelo got caught out.

Whilst Hearn has spent huge amounts on Benn and was looking to get something back with the contest, his reputation is now on the line .. I think it will be very interesting where Eddie goes from here. He could close his eyes and go the fWank route of being a scum bag and accepting it, or he could choose to distance himself by dropping Benn.