Eddie Hearn is a dangerous individual

maverick23
Super Welterweight

Re: Eddie Hearn is a dangerous individual

Post by maverick23 »

I think Eddie is a good promoter and I’ve pretty much always liked him. He seems to pay his fighters well, on time and it’s rare you hear about any issues regarding this unlike other some other promoters.

I like him less now than I had previously and I’ve lost respect for him re: how they’ve gone about the drug test. He’s always appeared to be anti-drugs and that stance clearly isn’t there with Benn. Perhaps he’s too close to Benn and believe his lies but even so he shouldn’t have pursued the fight so much when the BBBC refused to sanction it.

I disagree with the notion that they tried to do everything they could to stage the fight. They didn’t. They could have got a foreign commission involved but rightly chose not to and sense finally prevailed.

I always think that promoters work for the fighter. Their job is to maximise the exposure and finances of the fight to generate the purse for the fighter and some left for them. Ultimately if Benn and Eubank still want to fight, and there’s £10m riding on it, I get why the promoters would explore ways to keep the fight happening. I’m not saying they should but with millions on the line it’s a tougher ethical call.

The comparisons to Don King are a joke. Don is a criminal who fleeced his fighters and tried to make them sign one sided deals.

Arum still pushed for Valdez to fight last year after he failed a drugs test (and the fight took place). Warren pushed for Billy Joe Saunders to still fight Andrade after he failed a VADA test. Even still I expected better from Eddie.
skanksta
Light Heavyweight

Post by skanksta »

Bit OTT.
Not that any of your points are valid - they are - but boxing itself is a cess-pool and he's not the worst.
Ricky
Bantamweight

Post by Ricky »

skanksta wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 14:56 Bit OTT.
Not that any of your points are valid - they are - but boxing itself is a cess-pool and he's not the worst.
Rehydration clauses and burying positive tests. Tell me what's worse than that?
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Its the nature of the beast ,, Hearn first is a buisnessman , he's a succeful one at that , his main objective is to make money , a by product is he loves being famous , he puts himself out there and see's himself has the best promoter in the world , thinks he's bigger than boxing and his basicly a BIG EGOTYSTICAL TWAT ,,, but like i said first and foremost a buisness man ,, and its not good buisness to lose money , so course he tried to keep it alive its what he does .

He does have good points he apparantly pays well and most importantly he PAYS HIS FIGHTERS , non that i know off have took him to court for non payment , non that i know of have been screwed for money , far has i know he's never been bankrupt or purposly bankruppted a company to get out of paying ,, far has i know he's never sued a boxer won on technicalaties and bankrupted a boxer .

Is he a pratt course he his , a egotystical pratt but like i said he's a buinessman trying to save his dollars and make dollars its what he's there for , and theres far worse than him .
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Ricky wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:01
Rehydration clauses are becoming more common all the time look at Canelo , Mayweather , but your gonna get them when people want to see fights between guys divisions apart ,, that really is up to the relevent authorities to step in read the contracts and set the rules , they have access to doctors and specelists who can say whats safe and whats not ,, you can't really blame a promoter for them clauses when the boxers are willing there managers are willing and the boards allow it .

Burying tests ,, well who excatly buried this one , do you blame the promoter , the boxer or the bbbc , blame them all but you can't blame one promoter only , after all he stood to make or lose money , personaly i think the whole scenario of not going public is'nt the case it does'nt matter because all partys still knew about it and still wanted it .

For me the big issue is BAN the boxer , and a big ban , because he took the peds and also insisted on the weight clauses , that is unforgivable and i also really truely believe if found he's involved and i think its obvious he is Ban the trainer or trainers who were involved , . Ukad should get down that gym last week and test every single boxer in there .
The Asleep Lamps
Super Featherweight

Post by The Asleep Lamps »

He bungled this fight for sure but why did Eubank agree to the weight stipulations? He has to have a brain when setting up his bouts as well.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

The Asleep Lamps wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:17 He bungled this fight for sure but why did Eubank agree to the weight stipulations? He has to have a brain when setting up his bouts as well.
MONEY ,,, What i've wondered in all this is wheres Frank Smith stand must be ackward for him at familly dinners with the Eubanks
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

The only people who need to know about the failed test are the opposing fighter, their team and the board who decide whether or not the fight should take place. They all knew about it.

It just took the board too long to make the decision to withdraw the sanctioning and it took the teams too long to stop complaining about it.

I’m not too bothered by the rehydration clause. I don’t particularly like them but they’ve become a fairly common thing in big fights. Eubank wasn’t forced to sign the deal and he did so it must have been ok by him/his team.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

It is clear to Mr Hearn works his b*lloclks off and
Is 100% dedicated to the job.

There are very few who can match him for effort.

But in my humble opinion concerning a number of aspects concerning the adverse findings of Conor Benns A Sample he has got things horribly wrong.

I think he is going to find it very difficult to save face and I question whether he is interested in doing so.

I find his attitude and the way he has gone about things as outrageous.

What is even worse the way things pan out concerning Benns adverse finding things are going to get a lot worse.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Spud wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:34 It is clear to Mr Hearn works his b*lloclks off and
Is 100% dedicated to the job.

There are very few who can match him for effort.

But in my humble opinion concerning a number of aspects concerning the adverse findings of Conor Benns A Sample he has got things horribly wrong.

I think he is going to find it very difficult to save face and I question whether he is interested in doing so.

I find his attitude and the way he has gone about things as outrageous.

What is even worse the way things pan out concerning Benns adverse finding things are going to get a lot worse.
I agree what Hearn did about the fight was wrong (Kalle too).

What about Arum though with the Valdez fight (which still happened following the known failed test)? What about Warren pushing for Billy Joe to be allowed to fight Andrade after a failed VADA test?

Eddie hasn’t done something that other promoters haven’t done or won’t do. He just put himself on a higher pedestal with regards to drugs than others and proved himself to be seemingly just as bad.
Ricky
Bantamweight

Post by Ricky »

maverick23 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:33
The only people who need to know about the failed test are the opposing fighter, their team and the board who decide whether or not the fight should take place. They all knew about it.

It just took the board too long to make the decision to withdraw the sanctioning and it took the teams too long to stop complaining about it.

I’m not too bothered by the rehydration clause. I don’t particularly like them but they’ve become a fairly common thing in big fights. Eubank wasn’t forced to sign the deal and he did so it must have been ok by him/his team.
A rehydration clause is more dangerous than PED use, but the truth is both massively increase the chance of serious injury or death. By jumping into bed with rehydration clauses and trying to run shows with juiced fighters makes Hearn is the most dangerous man in boxing, more so than a Don King type who just swindled guys out of money.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Ricky wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:44
maverick23 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:33

A rehydration clause is more dangerous than PED use, but the truth is both massively increase the chance of serious injury or death. By jumping into bed with rehydration clauses and trying to run shows with juiced fighters makes Hearn is the most dangerous man in boxing, more so than a Don King type who just swindled guys out of money.
Hearn works for Benn as his promoter. It’s his and Benn’s management’s responsibility to get the best deal for the fighter they work with and do what they ask. I agree rehydration clauses aren’t good.

Why do you blame Hearn for this instead of say Kalle who’s Eubank’s promoter and co-promoted the show? He was part of Eubank’s team who accepted the rehydration clause and also accepted the fight once Benn’s cheating was proven.
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

The danger of fast car Eddie is he has the slick talking to convince people of nearly anything.

Unfortunately here he really crossed a line and that will impact his slick talking in the future, because it’s kinda unmasked him for what he is, a smash and grab type promoter that will do anything for a buck….

On a little side not, this was a time to be honest I think. Should of just said , “I promote, everyone had the information so while the fighters were ok with it and the BBBoC was ok with it then my jobs to get everyone paid”

The weezleing has hurt future belivability.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

maverick23 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:33The only people who need to know about the failed test are the opposing fighter, their team and the board who decide whether or not the fight should take place. They all knew about it.
That's bollocks, mate. You are letting the snakes get into your head. I don't see how there couldn't be a good legal argument for public disclosure and there is undoubtedly and ethical one.

The benefits of PED use are long lasting. If I'm going to fight someone in the future, I want to know and should know if they have doped in the past. It would impact my decision about whether or not I would fight them and what I would want in the contract regarding testing, compensation if there was a failed test in the build up to our fight etc....

If I have fought someone in the past who subsequently tests positive, I want to know and should know. Science moves on, there could be ways developed to test for historic usage that lead to legal action. Even just peace of mind, if I'm Chris Algieri now at the very least I 'd be thinking that the reason Benn walked through me is because he was very likely doped up - whether he was or wasn't is irrelevant, I'd be staggered if Chris isn't thinking that.

if I'm considering turning professional I want to know and should know. If it would appear one needs to dope to reach the very top it would impact my decision on whether I turned over or not.

Etc...
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

jimmystone wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 16:37
maverick23 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 15:33The only people who need to know about the failed test are the opposing fighter, their team and the board who decide whether or not the fight should take place. They all knew about it.
That's bollocks, mate. You are letting the snakes get into your head. I don't see how there couldn't be a good legal argument for public disclosure and there is undoubtedly and ethical one.

The benefits of PED use are long lasting. If I'm going to fight someone in the future, I want to know and should know if they have doped in the past. It would impact my decision about whether or not I would fight them and what I would want in the contract regarding testing, compensation if there was a failed test in the build up to our fight etc....

If I have fought someone in the past who subsequently tests positive, I want to know and should know. Science moves on, there could be ways developed to test for historic usage that lead to legal action. Even just peace of mind, if I'm Chris Algieri now at the very least I 'd be thinking that the reason Benn walked through me is because he was very likely doped up - whether he was or wasn't is irrelevant, I'd be staggered if Chris isn't thinking that.

if I'm considering turning professional I want to know and should know. If it would appear one needs to dope to reach the very top it would impact my decision on whether I turned over or not.

Etc...
Not quite pal - I was just disagreeing that it was a buried test result. For me that’d be where the board and opposing fighter aren’t notified. I’m not saying the public shouldn’t have been made aware. I’m glad we were and I’m glad the fight was called off. Ultimately though we didn’t need to be told - unlike the people that received the failed test result. It wasn’t really buried for me - the board knew and the opponent knew. Both should have stopped the fight from happening (in the boards case sooner).
Twinkle Toes
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Twinkle Toes »

The board where all in on the fight happeneing until the leak - Do they get a free pass?

Promoters and fighters agreeing to still get the fight on is one thing, but the Board?
bripez
Middleweight

Post by bripez »

Twinkle Toes wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 17:21 The board where all in on the fight happeneing until the leak - Do they get a free pass?

Promoters and fighters agreeing to still get the fight on is one thing, but the Board?
I agree, but also just because someone agrees to do something doesn't mean thst they should be allowed to do it.

Sometimes boxers need protecting from themselves - whether it be the promoter, manager, coach or family - and in this case it seems that all of these were happy to go along with it fir the sake of money.
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

For 4 million quid the fighter would happily get in there if the other bloke was allowed to be tooled up

It's the board which needs to police things

They need a damn good excuse to ignore an adverse finding.
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

Twinkle Toes wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 17:21 The board where all in on the fight happeneing until the leak - Do they get a free pass?

Nope worst of the lot IMO
daz74
Flyweight

Post by daz74 »

tony1234 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 14:49 The deal with DAZN must have been worth Hearn's while to leave SKY but whether it will be so good when up for renewal is another thing. DAZN in the UK has been nothing like what was proposed to people, no PPVs, good quality UK shows on more often than once every 6 weeks and nothing else apart from boxing on the app.
The Benn affair might be the nail in the coffin for DAZN/Matchroom in the UK
So Benn getting busted is gonna have an impact on the forthcoming Wembley and Leeds cards ?? so fans of the fighters on those cards won’t tune in ? yeah ok, dream on
Monzon83
Bantamweight

Post by Monzon83 »

How many of his fighters have now failed PED tests. Benn, Whyte, Galahad etc.

If any of these are now involved in a fight where the opponent is injured seriously, Hearn is going to come under some serious heat and boxing as a sport will come under enormous pressure.

He's too cocky to lose any sleep over it but i hope he has a moment to look in the mirror and think very carefully about some of his future promotional decisions.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Think people read too much into ecatly what part Hearns plays ,, he's a promoter ,, he's not the boxer , who we all know have to be saved from themselves sometimes ,, He's not the trainer and he's not the manager ,, Now its the job of the trainer and manager ,to look after there boxers welfare not the promoters .

His job is to put fights on sell tickets and ppv , pay everyone and make money ,, and has shown the promoter could'nt usually give a toss about the boxer its not his job , now we all know promoters sign certain boxers , and look after them getting the easy fights ectt ect ,,, but they only do it for one reason MONEY that boxer has a story he can sell or is very popular , and generates money in sales and ppv ,, thats the name of the game , BUT when that boxer starts to lose and losses popularity its ,, shut the door on your way out , NEXT ,, Eddies been a prat fair enough but he's only tried to salvage his show , he's not the gatekeeper of boxing ,

The ones that need to be held accountable are Benn ,, his trainer , and if they knew his management . For me Simms is really getting a get out of jail card here , because i can tell you one thing , and this is gospel ,,, I could walk in that gym . look around and say to a lad ,, you've put a kilo or so on , what you been up to , i just knew there bodys better than they did , said to my own son , before a fight your over , he swore black and blue got on the gym scales and weighed ok ,, i said they must be out your about a kilo over , weigh in tomoro early but go for a run tonight , get a kilo off ,, he ignored me , next morning i insisted he gets there early and he argued he was on weight , made him get on the practice scales and sure enough around a kilo over ,, , so out he was getting weight off when the other guy had weighed and eating his big breakfast ..
Point i'm making is simply that / we were ameteurs , he's with well paid profesionals , you can't in a million years tell me they did'nt know .. its there job too know and spot any difference in the fighters body ,, and i'm talking about putting a couple pound on ,,, let alone dealing with and taking drugs , that increase everything ...

Hearns a pratt but he's not entirly to blame here and does'nt deserve to carry has much blame has being laid at his feet millios of dollars at stake not too mention Dazn and there problems ,,, so has far has he's concerned if the fighters want it , the managers want it ,, the bbbc are willing to let it go on ,, who died and made him sherriff , i'm just the promoter ,,, why did'nt Simms relaese it why did'nt the assistant trainer , or the S & C coach release it , NO one is blaming them
tony1234
Super Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

daz74 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 18:56
tony1234 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 14:49 The deal with DAZN must have been worth Hearn's while to leave SKY but whether it will be so good when up for renewal is another thing. DAZN in the UK has been nothing like what was proposed to people, no PPVs, good quality UK shows on more often than once every 6 weeks and nothing else apart from boxing on the app.
So Benn getting busted is gonna have an impact on the forthcoming Wembley and Leeds cards ?? so fans of the fighters on those cards won’t tune in ? yeah ok, dream on
How many will be subscribing to watch those cards ? They've lost the revenue from the Benn PPV and nothing of that magnitude on the way now, dream on if you think things will be the same for DAZN/MR going forward
unknownman79
Super Flyweight

Post by unknownman79 »

daz74 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 18:56
Here comes "daz" and his constant defending of dazn and hearn.
The dazn/hearn bum licking from you is obvious. What a Shill.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Of course, he's a mofo, all promoters are. They'll sell their moms to attract casuals to their shows.