Who is Dr. Usman Sajjad...?

Monzon83
Bantamweight

Re: Who is Dr. Usman Sajjad...?

Post by Monzon83 »

a force wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 08:38 Bunce was talking bollocks on the five live podcast.

‘We need to know what dates the UKAD tests were & how close they were to the VADA test’

No we don’t. It’s irrelevant. The whole point of microdosing is that it’s out of your system quickly.

I was surprised that he spoke about Fury’s failed nandrolone test. It’s barely had a mention by anyone in boxing.
Bunce is a halfwit. I can't believe he still has a mainstream media career, he's an absolute joke of a journalist.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

To answer the thread title …

Rightly or wrongly the person who is going to get the blame for this whole mess.
polecateddy
Super Middleweight

Post by polecateddy »

Have they started pitching a likely excuse yet? My money is on accidental supplement, I’m totally innocent! The truth of course being he was late into professional boxing and not only needed to PEDs to accelerate his progress, but had the further challenge of going up in weight effectively. Probably the increased dosages to his normal intake tripped the positive test result.
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

Spud wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:21 To answer the thread title …

Rightly or wrongly the person who is going to get the blame for this whole mess.
A nutritionist would be the least collateral damage
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

He probably didn’t do himself or the camp any favours deleting his social media, makes it look even more suspicious
Blueprint
Flyweight

Post by Blueprint »

Mainstream media and Ukad are investigating him now:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxin ... tests.html
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Blueprint wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 22:32 Mainstream media and Ukad are investigating him now:

Reading it he's only saying what most already know , theres plenty on here who know all about it , jeez i've learnt a lot myself just from reading on here ,, so the bbbc are gona investigate WHAT , they going to ask him why and how is it easy , he just told them and the world ,,, They suspect he's dirty maybee even supplying and telling them what to do ,, he'll laugh at them , Are they going to ask him , why does Tyson Fury who's already been caught , and Benn , need you has a doctor ,,, he's just gonna laugh at them and say , are you stupid , you really thick enough to ask a doctor to discuss a paitents medical history with you and the world

Its bollocks , its a smokescreen , and there embarressed because he's just told the world how inneffective they are and how they take note of the mob its easy to con UKAD ,,, they would be better off asking him well if we recognise VADA in future , how can we , what rules can we bring in to make it harder for the cheats and easier for us to catch them
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Blueprint wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 22:32 Mainstream media and Ukad are investigating him now:

His lawyer, as he should, is all over the semantics there using the phrase "never been involved in the supply of performance enhancing drugs". Doctors don't generally supply drugs they prescribe them.

Journalists who pursue this story will be looking for evidence of the following:-

Has he prescribed performance enhancers to his clients?
Has he informed his clients what performance enhancers to take, prescribed or otherwise?
Has he administered performance enhancers to his clients?
Has he ever administered any substance whatsoever to his athlete clients to increase their testosterone levels, even if that did not take the clients' levels above that permitted by testers?
Has he offered guidance to his clients about where to source performance enhancers?
Do his clients have a chemist in common, if so who?
Why is he employed by his clients, what does he actually do in camp?
How does he know that 80-90% of boxers use PEDS, what evidence has he?
Who are the big name fighters he was going to talk about "off camera" and how does he know that they are/were using PEDS?
Do the British Medical Association have a comment on this story?
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

jimmystone wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 00:54

His lawyer, as he should, is all over the semantics there using the phrase "never been involved in the supply of performance enhancing drugs". Doctors don't generally supply drugs they prescribe them.

Journalists who pursue this story will be looking for evidence of the following:-

Has he informed his clients what performance enhancers to take, prescribed or otherwise?
Has he ever administered any substance whatsoever to his athlete clients to increase their testosterone levels, even if that did not take the clients' levels above that permitted by testers?
Has he offered guidance to his clients about where to source performance enhancers?

And the answer to it will be i am a medical profesional , i prescribe and educate my patients on all medicines and drugs required for the treatment of there health , has i am required to do both profesionaly and ethicly ,, i refute and object to any reference to me doing anything illigal especielly concerning illigal performance enhancing drugs ,, furtehr more i take very seriously any references made about my character and shall be consulting my lwayer regards libel .

And regards what i do and say to my patients regarding anything medical they consult me on , i'll remind you that ethicly , morally , and legaly i cannot and will not discuss there health problems or issues with you , so just go fooook right off .
Stop asking stupid questions you will never get an answer too ,, And the bbbc should get there house in order i have just publicly explaine how easy it is to cheat the system with the rules they have in place
Last edited by coneye on 10 Oct 2022, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

Controversial wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 11:22 He probably didn’t do himself or the camp any favours deleting his social media, makes it look even more suspicious
i wonder who told him to delete
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

jimmystone wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 00:54

Why is he employed by his clients, what does he actually do in camp?
How does he know that 80-90% of boxers use PEDS, what evidence has he?
Who are the big name fighters he was going to talk about "off camera" and how does he know that they are/were using PEDS?
Do the British Medical Association have a comment on this story?
:salut:
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

But doctors are allowed to supply and prescribe steroids and the like, it's not illegal
bripez
Middleweight

Post by bripez »

Coco wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 07:27 But doctors are allowed to supply and prescribe steroids and the like, it's not illegal
Yes, but there needs to be a reason for prescribing.

At least British Cycling have bothered to get 90% of their team diagnosed as asthmatic before prescribing them inhalers.
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

bripez wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 07:59
Coco wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 07:27 But doctors are allowed to supply and prescribe steroids and the like, it's not illegal
At least British Cycling have bothered to get 90% of their team diagnosed as asthmatic before prescribing them inhalers.
:lol:
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

golden_balls wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 08:21
:lol:
Big comp coming up ,, you want medals and funding at stake , its called forward thinking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

Yes, but there needs to be a reason for prescribing.

It probably falls into a grey area. A regular doctor won’t prescribe testosterone unless for medical reasons but a private clinic will. I guess in some ways a bit like cosmetic surgery, most people don’t need it for medical reasons but pay private and they will do pretty much what you ask for
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

I watched the Tyson Fury interview from Box King Media earlier and he asked Tyson about this guy.

Tyson confirmed he was his doctor and acted for him like a GP. Certainly not a good look considering Tyson’s already failed a couple of drugs tests in the past.
golden_balls
Flyweight

Post by golden_balls »

maverick23 wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 10:01 I watched the Tyson Fury interview from Box King Media earlier and he asked Tyson about this guy.

Tyson confirmed he was his doctor and acted for him like a GP. Certainly not a good look considering Tyson’s already failed a couple of drugs tests in the past.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20060988 ... ugs-test/

Sajjad - who has not been implemented in any wrongdoing - has also spoken at length about the male menopause and how testosterone replacement therapy can be used to fight it.

Hmm, the implication seems to be that a fair few people had allegedly implemented him in wrongdoing.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

golden_balls wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 11:09
maverick23 wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 10:01 I watched the Tyson Fury interview from Box King Media earlier and he asked Tyson about this guy.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20060988 ... ugs-test/

Sajjad - who has not been implemented in any wrongdoing - has also spoken at length about the male menopause and how testosterone replacement therapy can be used to fight it.

Hmm, the implication seems to be that a fair few people had allegedly implemented him in wrongdoing.
Benn is suffering from male menopause? He’s 26.
margaret thatcher
Super Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

male menopause, ffs is that what it's come to for excuses :lol:
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Do people believe Dr Usman`s statement that 80-90% of elite boxers are using banned PED/medical practices?

20-30 years ago when I boxed amateur there were a few guys I knew in the gym taking various things - certain steroids being the most common. These were just club level boxers.
At the local crit/road/cx races I until quite recently took part in it is again quite common to see people blasting their asthma inhalers in the lead up to the race. Again this is just local races - and nothing near elite.

If PEDs have trickled down lower local area is it a given the elite guys are all doing it??
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

tonyevs wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 02:48 Do people believe Dr Usman`s statement that 80-90% of elite boxers are using banned PED/medical practice
No I don’t believe him.

Its bad but not as bad as he thinks.
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

Spud wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 03:15
tonyevs wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 02:48 Do people believe Dr Usman`s statement that 80-90% of elite boxers are using banned PED/medical practice
No I don’t believe him.

Maybe 90% of his clients!
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Coco wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 06:57
Spud wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 03:15
No I don’t believe him.

Maybe 90% of his clients!
:o :o