10%
Chisora - Decision
8%

Total votes: 120

KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Derek Chisora III | BT PPV - 3 December 2022

Post by KiwiRider »

gregregegg wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 05:17 Im not convinced many resellers will have bought here. Only really a point in buying tickets if your a reseller for show/tickets that you think will have excess demand.

The only good bit of news is it isnt looking like rain. still 4 degrees and getting windy late, cant think of anything worse...

Part of me was hoping for just pissing rain sideways, just because fack getting mugged off by this fight, i wanna see trash like this fail.
But if they can blame the weather, they can deflect from how sh*t this whole thing is :maybe:
The lesson has to be learned that you can't keep churning out bullsh*t cards like this one and charging ppv and top dollar seating because two greedy multi millionaires want another few million at boxing's expense.
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

Can anyone recall a stadium show getting cancled because the weather was too extreame night of the fight?
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

gregregegg wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 07:53 Can anyone recall a stadium show getting cancled because the weather was too extreame night of the fight?
I’ve known indoors shows cancelled for that….
Most aren’t stupid enough to try a stadium in December.
tony1234
Super Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

According to the commentary last night the ring walk for Fury is going to be 9pm, pretty early for a main event but it will still be freezing then and miserable to be sat outside
Manchester Hitman
Welterweight

Post by Manchester Hitman »

tony1234 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 08:39 According to the commentary last night the ring walk for Fury is going to be 9pm, pretty early for a main event but it will still be freezing then and miserable to be sat outside
I think they meant the 2 main fights, so it’s Dubois who will be on at 9pm
Minimumweight

Post by 1047945 »

gregregegg wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 07:53 Can anyone recall a stadium show getting cancled because the weather was too extreame night of the fight?
The only one I can think of was Lloyd Honeyghan when he fought outdoor in Spain,it was postponed until the next night,that was in the 80's,and that was in summer time
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Derek Chisora Deserves Title Shot Against Tyson Fury Says Dillian Whyte

“I’m not hating Tyson Fury, but I’m just hoping Derek wins,” said Dillian Whyte to iFL TV about this Saturday’s trilogy fight between journeyman Derek Chisora and WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.

“He [Chisora] sort of deserves it, doesn’t he? The man has been through hell, lived in hell and back. He’s walked the long road,” said Whyte about Chisora, who has an estimated net worth of $9.6 million, according to The Sun.

“I hope he comes out to Hotel California that night. It’s been a long road. Boxing fans complain about every f****ing thing. Who else is he going to fight?” said Whyte when told that people have been complaining about Fury wasting a title defense fighting an undeserving fighter that has lost three out of his last four fights.

“If he [Fury] fought Manuel Charr, they would have been crying. Charr was the reserve. They would have been crying. Who else was he going to fight? Derek was already training. Derek is always training because he’s a war horse, and he’s brave.

“I got to respect that. I’ve got a lot of respect for Derek. I’ve got a lot of respect for him, and he’s brave. The guy is brave. The guy has had how many losses? 12 or 13? And he’s come back from everything. It’s not easy, bro.

“He’s
backing it up. He’s been in the top 10 for years and has been hanging on it for years. He had a good win [over 41-year-old Kubrat Pulev]. Also, beaten someone that he had a victory over and deserved it. He deserves everything he gets.

“Derek Chisora has always been alright with me. When you’re fighting him, an enemy is an enemy, and I understand. Derek is a strange guy, but he’s also a cool guy as well.

“He’s a strange guy and can be a bit weird at times. I think it’s when he’s fighting; the nerves do that to him.

“People understand that being a heavyweight, you know the dangers you can do and the dangers that can be done to you. It gets you on edge sometimes.

“I said AJ lost and lost his mind. It’s the pressure. So much pressure and so much stress,” said Whyte.

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Fight Week! :box:
tony1234
Super Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

Manchester Hitman wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 10:06
tony1234 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 08:39 According to the commentary last night the ring walk for Fury is going to be 9pm, pretty early for a main event but it will still be freezing then and miserable to be sat outside
I think they meant the 2 main fights, so it’s Dubois who will be on at 9pm
Says on twitter 9pm Fury ring walk
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Post by keithmoonhangover »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 07:00 Fight Week! :zzz:
I fixed it for you mate. :TU:
Glass Joe
Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

:OhYes:
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release

FIVE DAYS TO go until it is Tyson Fury time again, when the Gypsy King will rock up at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to take on his old rival Derek Chisora for the WBC world heavyweight championship.

There is heavyweight action at the double, because the WBA champion, the hulking Daniel Dubois, will be making a first defence of his title against the South African challenger Kevin Lerena.

BT Sport Box Office will show Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora exclusively live on Saturday 3rd December. Live coverage starts from 7pm, with ring walks taking place at 9pm. Learn more at bt.com/sportboxoffice.

The supporting cast to the heavyweights is now in place and, in what is a special attraction, there is a cracking fight for the EBU and WBO International lightweight titles between the vastly experienced French champion Yvan Mendy (47-5-1, 22 KOs) and his unbeaten challenger Denys Berinchyk (16-0, 9) from Ukraine.

Frank W and Queensberry in association with K2 Promotions are proud to provide a platform for Berinchyk to resume his career while the devastating invasion of his homeland continues.

Berinchyk is part of Ukraine’s Class of 2012 along with Vasiliy Lomachenko and Oleksandr Usyk, winning silver at the London Olympics. Famed for his spectacular ring entrances, Berinchyk has even tried his hand at bare knuckle boxing, where he defeated former UFC Fighter Artem Lobov via TKO.

“In March I had to stop my boxing activity and joined the team of volunteers who helped our troops and people in hot points,” explained Berinchyk. “We’ve been to many places very close to the front. It was not that easy to get back to the gym after everything, but I understood that Ukrainians need all kinds of wins, so I couldn’t miss a possibility to raise the Ukrainian flag in a European ring.”

For his part, Mendy is hoping that Berinchyk is coming to make a fight of it after being frustrated by slick movers in big fights previously.

“I have five losses on points,” said Mendy. “Three of my opponents competed in World Championship fights. Campbell, Postol and Tatli. These three boxers beat me on points, at home, and by fleeing the whole fight.”

Two of Queensberry’s Blue Chip prospects also feature on the card, with teenage prodigy Royston Barney-Smith (3-0, 1) having his fourth four rounder against the Nicaraguan Cruz Perez (3-3-1, 1), known as ‘The Pitbull’. Future light heavyweight Karol Itauma (8-0, 6) has his ninth professional fight against the Slovakian Vladimir Belujsky (12-5-1, 8) – AKA Big Bad Vlad – who is based in Ireland.

“It is fantastic, I couldn’t ask for anything more from my promoter and manager Frank,” said Barney-Smith. “He is getting me on these top shows and is also doing a fantastic job promoting me and getting my name out there.”

“I am just blessed and grateful for the opportunities I have been given,” added Itauma. “Honestly, two Tyson Fury cards in one year is a blessing and I am going to take the opportunity with both hands.”

Tyson Fury comrades Isaac Lowe (21-2-3, 6) and Hosea Burton (27-3, 12) complete the card in six round fights at super featherweight and cruiserweight respectively.

BT Sport Box Office will show Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora exclusively live on Saturday 3rd December. Live coverage starts from 7pm, with ring walks taking place at 9pm. Learn more at bt.com/sportboxoffice .
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

KiwiRider wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 22:24 I won't bother asking who's going, by the looks of this, pretty much no one :maybe:
When you think how many resellers swoop in and buy tickets to tout, it looks like if you show up on the night you might be walking right in for free.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fwank gives away loads of tickets to key workers etc. He's done it before.
Deserter
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Deserter »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 11:49
KiwiRider wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 22:24 I won't bother asking who's going, by the looks of this, pretty much no one :maybe:
When you think how many resellers swoop in and buy tickets to tout, it looks like if you show up on the night you might be walking right in for free.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fwank gives away loads of tickets to key workers etc. He's done it before.
Chisora talking in The Times today about giving away tickets..

Dereck Chisora: I’m giving tickets away – I want to connect with milkmen and builders

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3b71 ... 7386af0eca
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Deserter wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 13:56

Dereck Chisora: I’m giving tickets away – I want to connect with milkmen and builders

Turns out this isn't an easy sell. Who'd have thunk it.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 07:50
Cheers for that Keef, I was momentarily excited until I realised there is nothing on this card I want to see.
quickeyg
Bantamweight

Post by quickeyg »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 14:50

Well well well well, the haters are out in force today regarding the sale of tickets for Fury vs Chisora 3 at the Spurs Stadium (This weekend) live on BT Box Office PPV (UK) or head over to Ticketmaster and buy a ticket if you like (Otherwise radio job)

The picture which is shown has been reduced significantly (Blue is now grey)

I expect nothing else of the 'agents' when it comes to fight week.

Its selling out perfectly well. (Twisters will twist lol)
Last edited by quickeyg on 28 Nov 2022, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

From the Times article about Chisora giving away tickets:

Fury’s WBC title is on the line so a clash between two British heavyweights should be a big deal, but there has been a social media shrug at the £26.95 pay-per view price. Chisora is 39 next month and, although he has proved durable in elite company, his split decision win over Kubrat Pulev in July came after two losses to Joseph Parker and one to Oleksandr Usyk. He lost to Fury in 2011 and again in 2014. It is a trilogy but in terms of quality excitement it is less Ali-Frazier and more Jaws 3. Fury has had more books out than knockouts in the past three years, but the champion stocking filler may find it harder to fill stadiums in the future unless boxing stops messing around, and he gets in a ring with Usyk.

You can only beat what is in front of you, which brings us to Chisora. You can get as much as 12-1 on Chisora in a two-horse race. Nobody is expecting him to win. In his first biography Fury said: “If ever there was an opponent made for me it is Chisora.”
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

KiwiRider wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 14:55
keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 07:50
Cheers for that Keef, I was momentarily excited until I realised there is nothing on this card I want to see.
Fury vs a 13 times beaten, 39 year old, he's already dominated twice.
DDD against a relatively unknown cruiserweight.
Isaac Lowe against an 8-4 import.
Hosea Burton vs TBA
Karol Itauma against a guy who didn't win a round against Cullen.
3-0 vs Lost his last 3.
Yvan Mendy VS Denys Berinchyk (The one and only good matchup on the card)

At least Eddie Hearn tries to give us value for money.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

quickeyg wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 15:00

Well well well well, the haters are out in force today regarding the sale of tickets for Fury vs Chisora 3 at the Spurs Stadium (This weekend) live on BT Box Office PPV (UK) or head over to Ticketmaster and buy a ticket if you like (Otherwise radio job)

I'm not a hater, just calling it like it is. If it's a sell out, Chisora wouldn't be giving tickets away.
tony1234
Super Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

I doubt many would go even if the tickets were free
Glass Joe
Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

tony1234 wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 15:18 I doubt many would go even if the tickets were free
i would go if very cheap and lived in the area, but i would probably regret it :OhYes:
Deserter
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Deserter »

Haters? Twisters? How old are you?
God forbid that legitimate boxing fans question the quality of this fight (and the fight odds tell the objective story), not to mention the wisdom of staging it outdoors in December.
Anyone would have thought it was a discussion forum 🤔
quickeyg
Bantamweight

Post by quickeyg »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 15:15

I'm not a hater, just calling it like it is. If it's a sell out, Chisora wouldn't be giving tickets away.
Warren very likely gave Chisora a decent number of tickets which he can do whatever he likes.

The whole point of Fury vs Chisora 3 is to advertise Undisputed (Usyk will be ringside) - Joshua is heading to America but you never know he might turn up (AJ's 258 company manages Chisora)
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

quickeyg wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 15:49
keithmoonhangover wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 15:15

Warren very likely gave Chisora a decent number of tickets which he can do whatever he likes.

The whole point of Fury vs Chisora 3 is to advertise Undisputed (Usyk will be ringside) - Joshua is heading to America but you never know he might turn up (AJ's 258 company manages Chisora)
Chisora was expecting 20 tickets and he’s been given 2,500. Apparently the undercard fighters have been given similar.