19%
Avanesyan - Decision
No votes

Total votes: 37

gilgamesh
Middleweight

Re: Terence Crawford vs. David Avanesyan - 10 December 2022

Post by gilgamesh »

I don't know how in god's name anyone is going to be able to pay Crawford 10 Million for this. They must be gouging the hometown Omaha fans like a son of a bitch because this will probably be the lowest selling PPV in the history of PPV's.
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

Glass Joe wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 10:47 8 figures to fight Avanesyan mad. hope Avanesyan is getting life changing money.
8 figs? So like 10 million plus? fornicate these guys must loveeee losing money. But I get it gotta burn some cash to try make an entrance. Like early dazn…

If this is 8 figs then no one can blame craw. The fights decent, add cash then fair play.

(The Spence fight is still a must and I do mainly blaim craw for it never happening, but if he can keep making 10 million for Ava’s then fair play. )
gilgamesh
Middleweight

Post by gilgamesh »

gregregegg wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 03:47
Glass Joe wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 10:47 8 figures to fight Avanesyan mad. hope Avanesyan is getting life changing money.
8 figs? So like 10 million plus? fornicate these guys must loveeee losing money. But I get it gotta burn some cash to try make an entrance. Like early dazn…

If this is 8 figs then no one can blame craw. The fights decent, add cash then fair play.

(The Spence fight is still a must and I do mainly blaim craw for it never happening, but if he can keep making 10 million for Ava’s then fair play. )
Exactly. I guess this is a start up company trying to make a splash or something? I mean, they're about to lose at least 9 Million dollars here :lol:

At least.

The PPV might make a couple grand if they're lucky.

Even if they sold enough beer to everyone in the place for 'em to get Alcohol Poisoning they're not gonna get more than a couple 100,000.

Yeah I just don't see how this makes any sense as a way to run a business.
a force
Middleweight

Post by a force »

Crawford’s adviser is Kinahan.

Probably some fake company that been set up for laundering purposes.

If Crawford retired tomorrow his career but would be instantly forgettable.

His run to been a 3 weight champion isn’t much better than Broner’s.

His only signature win was against Porter who retired straight after & who’s dad said he didn’t train properly.

Just feels like a massive waste of talent. Such a shame for such a brilliant talent but he’s only got himself to blame for re-signing with Arum when he did.
MightyWarrior
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by MightyWarrior »

a force wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 08:58 Crawford’s adviser is Kinahan.

Probably some fake company that been set up for laundering purposes.

If Crawford retired tomorrow his career but would be instantly forgettable.

His run to been a 3 weight champion isn’t much better than Broner’s.

His only signature win was against Porter who retired straight after & who’s dad said he didn’t train properly.

Just feels like a massive waste of talent. Such a shame for such a brilliant talent but he’s only got himself to blame for re-signing with Arum when he did.
I think you’re right, and it’s a travesty: TC would hold his own against anyone in history, he’s that good. But his career is meandering along against a bunch of nobody’s ..
skanksta
Light Heavyweight

Post by skanksta »

Bigdogsnose wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 16:54
CaptainSpacerod wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 12:26
skanksta wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 11:47 This is a good, bad fight.

Ava is a dominant Euro champ who can punch. There's been a thousand less legit challengers for a World Title. He deserves a shot and to make some money, plus he can't be taken lightly.

The only bad thing about this fight is it's not the elite SuperFight we all want to see.
Agree. He's got a much better chance than the horribly faded Kell Brook had when he fought Bud
Really? Think that somewhat overrates ava. Dont think he puts a dent in even that version of kell. Levels. Think he preys on overated domestic level fighters.
He probably does prey on overrated dom. fighters, but he's a puncher and what do you do when you're a long-reigning Euro Champ...?
You fight for a World Title.

Kell was way past his peak and knew it.
Ava at least has belief and momentum. El Tel is a HUGE favourite to win, but he can't take liberties with Ava.
DrDuke
Super Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Who fucken dares to vote for Ava?
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

DrDuke wrote: 23 Oct 2022, 01:37 Who fucken dares to vote for Ava?
People who want Bud to lose.

They don’t actually think he will.
Bigdogsnose
Super Lightweight

Post by Bigdogsnose »

skanksta wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 16:57
Bigdogsnose wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 16:54
CaptainSpacerod wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 12:26
Agree. He's got a much better chance than the horribly faded Kell Brook had when he fought Bud
Really? Think that somewhat overrates ava. Dont think he puts a dent in even that version of kell. Levels. Think he preys on overated domestic level fighters.
He probably does prey on overrated dom. fighters, but he's a puncher and what do you do when you're a long-reigning Euro Champ...?
You fight for a World Title.

Kell was way past his peak and knew it.
Ava at least has belief and momentum. El Tel is a HUGE favourite to win, but he can't take liberties with Ava.
No qualms with Ava, deserves his chance but just cant see it ending well for him. Will show gap from euro to world level, the americans have such an abundance of talent from 135 to 154. Crawfords such a mean finisher he'll poleaxe Ava at some point.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Terence Crawford vs David Avanesyan is a fight ‘no one wants to see’, says Eddie Hearn

Eddie Hearn has dismissed Terence Crawford vs David Avanesyan as a fight ‘no one wants to see’, as the long wait for a clash between Crawford and Errol Spence Jr goes on.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

“I mean look, sooner or later Crawford has to fight,” said Hearn to Fight Hub TV. “He's been out for a long time. It’s obviously disappointing for boxing. Crawford vs. Avanesyan is a fight that no one wants to see.”

“Sometimes, the fighter's expectancy of how much money they should make in a fight isn't real life. The problem with Spence vs. Crawford is, to us, to people in boxing, it’s a massive fight. But to the general world, it’s not as big as you think it is. So, therefore, the money these guys want is not necessarily achievable.”
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

Ava is a good fighter but this isn’t a fantastic fight… I can’t see what he can do to beat Crawford.

Fair play stepping up but there’s maybe 10 fighters I’d like to see in the ring before Ava.

TC by 9TKO after winning everything.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Broner has signed a deal with BLK Prime

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ava has vacated his European belt
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Avanesyan: European Title Meant A Lot To Me; Crawford Opportunity Came, We Had To Take It

David Avanesyan has officially moved on to the next phase of his career.

The streaking welterweight contender landed a premium opportunity to next face WBO titlist and pound-for-pound entrant Terence ‘Bud’ Crawford. The bout will take place on December 10, live on BLK Prime Pay-Per-View from CHI Health Center in Crawford’s hometown Omaha, Nebraska. The trade off is having to abandon a previously scheduled November 19 fight with Spain’s Jon Miguez, and with it the EBU (European Boxing Union) title he was due to defend for the sixth time.

“The European title meant a lot to me,” Avanesyan told Boxing Scene. “We would have loved to do this fight (versus Miguez) and then fight Terence Crawford next. But the opportunity came when it did, so we had to take it.”

The EBU has already ordered a vacant title fight between Miguez (17-0, 8 KOs) and France’s Jordy Weiss (29-0, 3 KOs), with the two sides granted until November 15 to work out terms before a purse bid hearing is called.

The vacancy was a necessity for Avanesyan (29-3-1, 17 KOs), who enjoyed the boxing equivalent of hitting the lottery with the chance to fight Crawford (38-0, 29 KO). The development came together in less than 48 hours, in fact at a point when Avanesyan was preparing for the stretch run of his training camp to face Miguez.

Crawford’s team reached out to his side—headed by manager Neil Marsh—as he began to drift from talks for a targeted superfight with WBA/WBC/IBF welterweight champ Errol Spence (28-0, 22 KOs). News eventually broke late last Thursday (October 20) of Crawford instead defending his title against Avanesyan, who brings a six-fight win streak into the biggest fight of his career.

It comes at the cost of leaving behind the belt and the wins that came with it to help arrive at this point.

Avanesyan won the EBU title in March 2019, coming from behind to stop unbeaten Kerman Lejarraga in the ninth round on the road in Bilbao, Spain. The Armenian-Russian boxer—who now trains in the United Kingdom—returned to Spain for his first two defenses, both ending in first-round knockout with a repeat win over Lejarraga and a 126-second blitzing of Jose del Rio in Barcelona.

The wins—particularly his first over Lejarraga—helped turn around Avanesyan’s career, which was in a tailspin following a knockout loss to then-unbeaten Egiidijus Kavaliauskas in February 2018. The fight took place in Reno, Nevada, marking his second defeat in exactly 52 weeks following a twelve-round decision to Lamont Peterson in Cincinnati, Ohio. One more defeat would have rendered his career irrelevant, if not entirely finished.

“I remember before I won it—the first fight with Kerman Lejarraga, a lot of people didn’t think I could win. I even told myself, 'I know I will win but if I don’t, maybe I don’t fight again.’ I gave everything for that fight. After that fight, my career changed. It began my new career.

“I defended it five times. I had good times, good wins. But now we have this big opportunity. It was (a no-brainer).”
Blueprint
Flyweight

Post by Blueprint »

Bob Arum confirms that the fighters have already been paid :o this is legit

Boxerbeetle
Super Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

I really like Ava and glad he’s got a shot at the big time, but this is almost certainly a bridge too far for him. Crawford really should be in better fights than this, very underwhelming resume considering his P4P talent.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release

Welterweight superstar and current pound-for-pound king, Terence “Bud” Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) will make his triumphant return to the ring when he battles WBO #6 ranked David Avanesyan (29-3-1, 17 KOs) at the CHI Health Center in Omaha, Neb. on December 10, 2022. The 12-round bout will air live on BLK Prime PPV, with Crawford’s WBO welterweight title on the line.

Tickets Go On Sale Monday November 7 at 10:00 a.m. CT!

Tickets priced $50, $75, $125, $200, $350, and $500 for Crawford vs. Avanesyan go on sale this Monday, November 7, at 10:00 a.m. CT. and are available for purchase at www.ticketmaster.com. This event is promoted by NextGen Boxing, Bash Boxing, and BLK Prime. Doors open at 5:00 pm CT with the first fight starting at 5:30 pm CT.

“We have seen player empowerment movements in other sports, and now we are starting to see it in boxing,” said Crawford. “I have taken control of my career and my December 10 fight on BLK Prime is the start of my next chapter.”

Crawford chose to bring his latest world title fight back to his hometown of Omaha, Neb. He hasn’t fought in front of the always raucous Nebraska crowd since a TKO victory over Jose Benavidez in October of 2018. “My hometown fans deserve another big fight, and we are going to pack the CHI Health Center once again on December 10.”

Crawford is looking to extend his nine-fight knockout streak, one that has gone under-appreciated from boxing fans and media. December 10 will mark Crawford’s sixth defense of his WBO welterweight title and his 17th straight world title fight across three weight divisions.

“I am an exciting fighter and the best closer in the sport. I have knocked out every fighter I have faced since 2016,” continued Crawford. “I’m going to put on another entertaining fight on December 10 and continue my knockout streak. David Avanesyan is a tough opponent who is riding a strong knockout streak of his own. He’s upset some really good fighters and has nothing to lose. That makes for something that the fans will want to see.”

A former WBA interim champion, Avanesyan enters this welterweight title bout on a six-fight stoppage streak dating back to 2019, when he captured the European welterweight championship. He defended that title five times before he recently decided to vacate and challenge Crawford for his WBO crown. Considered by many boxing connoisseurs as a legitimate welterweight contender, Avanesyan is ranked top ten by three of the recognized sanctioning organizations. His will to keep his winning streak intact is not to be discarded and will certainly bring forth an entertaining fight.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release | Tickets Go On Sale November 7 At 10:00 A.M. CT!

Welterweight superstar and current pound-for-pound king, Terence “Bud” Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) will make his triumphant return to the ring when he battles WBO #6 ranked David Avanesyan (29-3-1, 17 KOs) at the CHI Health Center in Omaha, Neb. on December 10, 2022. The 12-round bout will air live on BLK Prime PPV, with Crawford’s WBO welterweight title on the line.

Tickets priced $50, $75, $125, $200, $350, and $500 for Crawford vs. Avanesyan go on sale this Monday, November 7, at 10:00 a.m. CT. and are available for purchase at www.ticketmaster.com. This event is promoted by NextGen Boxing, Bash Boxing, and BLK Prime. Doors open at 5:00 pm CT with the first fight starting at 5:30 pm CT.

“We have seen player empowerment movements in other sports, and now we are starting to see it in boxing,” said Crawford. “I have taken control of my career and my December 10 fight on BLK Prime is the start of my next chapter.”

Crawford chose to bring his latest world title fight back to his hometown of Omaha, Neb. He hasn’t fought in front of the always raucous Nebraska crowd since a TKO victory over Jose Benavidez in October of 2018. “My hometown fans deserve another big fight, and we are going to pack the CHI Health Center once again on December 10.”

Crawford is looking to extend his nine-fight knockout streak, one that has gone under-appreciated from boxing fans and media. December 10 will mark Crawford’s sixth defense of his WBO welterweight title and his 17th straight world title fight across three weight divisions.

“I am an exciting fighter and the best closer in the sport. I have knocked out every fighter I have faced since 2016,” continued Crawford. “I’m going to put on another entertaining fight on December 10 and continue my knockout streak. David Avanesyan is a tough opponent who is riding a strong knockout streak of his own. He’s upset some really good fighters and has nothing to lose. That makes for something that the fans will want to see.”

A former WBA interim champion, Avanesyan enters this welterweight title bout on a six-fight stoppage streak dating back to 2019, when he captured the European welterweight championship. He defended that title five times before he recently decided to vacate and challenge Crawford for his WBO crown. Considered by many boxing connoisseurs as a legitimate welterweight contender, Avanesyan is ranked top ten by three of the recognized sanctioning organizations. His will to keep his winning streak intact is not to be discarded and will certainly bring forth an entertaining fight.

Crawford vs. Avanesyan, a 12-round WBO welterweight world title clash, will stream live on BLK Prime for the price of $39.99. BLK Prime, a Silicon Valley-based tech company, is a subscription video on demand platform that utilizes elite technology to bring the best picture-perfect stream available. Telecast will begin at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.

To learn more about BLK Prime, go to: https://watchnow.blkprime.com/
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release | Cris Cyborg Added To Crawford vs. Avanesyan PPV Card

Legendary MMA superstar, Cris Cyborg, will be making her return to the boxing ring on December 10, when she battles Gabrielle Holloway on the Terence Crawford vs. David Avanesyan BLK Prime PPV showdown. Cyborg vs. Holloway, a scheduled 4-round bout in the lightweight division, will serve as a special feature attraction.

Cyborg, Ultimate Fighting’s only Grand Slam Champion, comes from a world-class mixed-martial-arts background. From Brazil, Cyborg makes her return to the boxing ring to continue her quest to establish herself as the greatest female fighter in any combat sport ever.

In her boxing debut earlier this year, Cyborg defeated Simone Silva by a convincing unanimous decision - throwing clean right hands, pressing forward and unloading punches with Silva against the ropes.

“This is a great opportunity for me to make a splash in the boxing world, especially on a card with Terence Crawford, the best boxer in the world,” stated Cyborg, who will be making her USA debut in the squared circle. “Boxing has always been a big part of my training and I feel I can compete at the highest level. I’m expecting Holloway to be in great shape, and I know she’s coming to win. That said, I’m taking this fight very seriously. I feel confident, and I can’t wait to showcase my boxing skills to the world.”

Holloway also comes from an MMA background. Recently fighting in the Bellator system, she joins the undercard of Crawford vs Avanesyan to establish her place in boxing - taking on a universal women’s fighting icon in Cyborg.

“Looking forward to testing my skills against a legend in Combat sports, I'm coming fully prepared, conditioning is on point, we are going to steal the show, we are the real Main Event.” said Holloway.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release | PPV Undercard Set

The undercard for the BLK Prime PPV fight between Terence “Bud” Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) and David Avanesyan (29-3-1, 17 KOs), taking place at the CHI Health Center in Omaha, Nebraska, on December 10, is set.

As previously reported, Bellator champion Cris Cyborg (1-0, 1 KO) is scheduled to make her U.S. boxing debut in the co-main event special feature attraction.

In a scheduled 10-round featherweight bout, Arnold Khegai (18-1-1, 11 KOs) of Odessa, Ukraine, will challenge battle-tested warrior Eduardo Baez (21-3-2, 7 KOs), of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico.

Undefeated heavyweight Jeremiah “Dreamland” Milton (7-0, 6 KOs), of Tulsa, Oklahoma, will go toe-to-toe against Dajuan Calloway (5-1, 5 KOs), of Warrensville, Ohio, in a scheduled 6-round bout.

Opening the PPV telecast will be a scheduled 8-round light heavyweight bout, showcasing Steven Nelson (17-0, 14 KOs) of Omaha, Nebraska, vs. James Ballard (10-4, 3 KOs) of Detroit, Michigan.

UNDERCARD BOUTS:

Light Heavyweight Edel Gomez (6-0, 6 KOs) of Fremont, Nebraska, will take on Joseph Aguilar (4-1-1, 2 KOs) of Portland, Oregon. (8-rounds)

Welterweight Boubacar Sylla (12-0, 7 KOs), of Cincinnati, Ohio, will look to stay unbeaten when faces Javier Mayoral (4-2, 1 KO), of New Orleans, Louisiana. (6-rounds)

Lightweight Alan Garcia (7-0, 6 KOs), of Ulysses, Kansas, will battle a fighter TBA. (6-rounds)

Super Bantamweight Robert Rodriguez (10-1-2, 5 KOs), of Riverside, California, squares off against Jose Lopez (3-2-1), of Ridgewood, New York. (6-rounds)

Opening the card will be a welterweight bout between Alton Alik Wiggins (Pro Debut), of Oakland, California, vs. Phillip Carmouche (2-3), of Las Vegas, Nevada. (4-rounds)
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Crawford says he has already received half of his purse.

He will receive the rest before he even steps into the ring.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Any word on U.K. TV for this?