Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test?

Yes
17
35%
No
31
65%
 
Total votes: 48

GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:15
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:08 "And if it is. Frankly I don't give a sh*t.

Boxers Fight. Fighting is Dangerous. Boxing is therefore Dangerous, and no matter how safe you want it to be. It always will be, and if it ain't. Then it's pointless."

Which is why CHEATING IS BAD IN AN ALREADY DANGEROUS SPORT

You should have just left it at "I don't give a shit" instead of trying to hold water for cheating because it's already dangerous anyway
:lol:

Somebody's sensitive.

We are talking about the lives of boxers here yeah I take it seriously

You just compared the dangers of boxing with the dangers of a criminal gang feud

It kind of shows you view boxers as for your entertainment alone rather than people
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:16
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:14
gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:06 Well damn. That's a good point you made for yourself even though I didn't say that :lol:


You implied it by saying PEDs are a lesser form of cheating than loaded gloves, you said PEDs are ok

So what level of cheating is taking inhaler powder between rounds?? Why is that different?? Genuine question
Well Inhaler Powder in between rounds is the kinda cheating you can't get away with because everyone can see clearly that you're doing it. So that's the kinda cheating it is.

Since it's a visual form of cheating. I suppose you could compare it to say a Low Blow.

Jesus it gets worse, I guess getting stabbed in the dark is better than getting punched in the light

A low blow is an impact, taking an inhaler isn't, so you COULD ARGUE a low blow is worse than taking an inhaler
gilgamesh
Middleweight
Posts: 37791
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by gilgamesh »

GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:17
gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:15
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:08 "And if it is. Frankly I don't give a sh*t.

Boxers Fight. Fighting is Dangerous. Boxing is therefore Dangerous, and no matter how safe you want it to be. It always will be, and if it ain't. Then it's pointless."

Which is why CHEATING IS BAD IN AN ALREADY DANGEROUS SPORT

You should have just left it at "I don't give a shit" instead of trying to hold water for cheating because it's already dangerous anyway
:lol:

Somebody's sensitive.

We are talking about the lives of boxers here yeah I take it seriously

You just compared the dangers of boxing with the dangers of a criminal gang feud

It kind of shows you view boxers as for your entertainment alone rather than people
If all the Boxers took it as seriously as you, they'd clean up the sport. They don't though. You wanna know why? Because THEY'RE ON THE PED'S!!!!

If everybody is cheating. Then nobody is cheating.
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

You seem to have contempt for the fighters themselves,

So I can cheat with the justification that I assume everyone else is cheating

If I take PEDs and put somebody who wasn't on PEDs in the hospital, it's ok because he is on PEDs because everybody is

That's a lovely precedent
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:21
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:17
gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:15

:lol:

Somebody's sensitive.

We are talking about the lives of boxers here yeah I take it seriously

You just compared the dangers of boxing with the dangers of a criminal gang feud

It kind of shows you view boxers as for your entertainment alone rather than people
If all the Boxers took it as seriously as you, they'd clean up the sport. They don't though. You wanna know why? Because THEY'RE ON THE PED'S!!!!

If everybody is cheating. Then nobody is cheating.

Is the 4W 7L 3D journeyman who works full time on the same PEDs as the 25-0 financially backed prospect who bears him up in this world of yours??
gilgamesh
Middleweight
Posts: 37791
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by gilgamesh »

GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:25 You seem to have contempt for the fighters themselves,

So I can cheat with the justification that I assume everyone else is cheating

If I take PEDs and put somebody who wasn't on PEDs in the hospital, it's ok because he is on PEDs because everybody is

That's a lovely precedent
I don't have any contempt for the fighters. I admire many of them greatly, and I love the sport.

I just acknowledge the reality. Everyone takes 'em at some point. Some get away with it because they can afford all the top drugs or chemical experts to advise them on how to hide it.

Ultimately I think PED's are overrated to be quite honest.

You also got De La Hoya vs Vargas as an example. Vargas was juiced to the gills for that fight, and he still couldn't beat Oscar because Oscar was simply better than him.

So for all the talk that these things turn you into the unstoppable Incredible Hulk. I mean....they don't. You still have to be a good fighter first. A good boxer who's worked on your craft. PED's aren't a shortcut to being good. They're something older guys tend to use to maintain their prime a little longer when it would've passed 'em by.
gilgamesh
Middleweight
Posts: 37791
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by gilgamesh »

GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:28
gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:21
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:17


We are talking about the lives of boxers here yeah I take it seriously

You just compared the dangers of boxing with the dangers of a criminal gang feud

It kind of shows you view boxers as for your entertainment alone rather than people
If all the Boxers took it as seriously as you, they'd clean up the sport. They don't though. You wanna know why? Because THEY'RE ON THE PED'S!!!!

If everybody is cheating. Then nobody is cheating.

Is the 4W 7L 3D journeyman who works full time on the same PEDs as the 25-0 financially backed prospect who bears him up in this world of yours??
Most Journeyman don't even train a full time schedule. So no I highly doubt they are.
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:32
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:25 You seem to have contempt for the fighters themselves,

So I can cheat with the justification that I assume everyone else is cheating

If I take PEDs and put somebody who wasn't on PEDs in the hospital, it's ok because he is on PEDs because everybody is

That's a lovely precedent
I don't have any contempt for the fighters. I admire many of them greatly, and I love the sport.

I just acknowledge the reality. Everyone takes 'em at some point. Some get away with it because they can afford all the top drugs or chemical experts to advise them on how to hide it.

Ultimately I think PED's are overrated to be quite honest.

You also got De La Hoya vs Vargas as an example. Vargas was juiced to the gills for that fight, and he still couldn't beat Oscar because Oscar was simply better than him.

So for all the talk that these things turn you into the unstoppable Incredible Hulk. I mean....they don't. You still have to be a good fighter first. A good boxer who's worked on your craft. PED's aren't a shortcut to being good. They're something older guys tend to use to maintain their prime a little longer when it would've passed 'em by.

I think taking an inhaler in between rounds wouldn't guarantee me a victory against better fighters, but it would sure help!!

You wouldn't think that would make a big difference but then ask Luis Resto or Aaron Pryor

In fact the quote from Resto on Panama Lewis special brew "I was tired, suddenly my lungs filled up with air I thought SH T this feels good!!!"

But it's just inhaler powder what difference could it possibly make

Since PEDs worked so much wonders for Luis Ortiz and Lucas Browne, both old guys as you say who looked like garbage after caught on the PEDs, Browne who fought Chagaev kills Browne who fought Whyte after all, then what are they doing for the younger fighters
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:33
GreenLightning wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:28
gilgamesh wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:21

If all the Boxers took it as seriously as you, they'd clean up the sport. They don't though. You wanna know why? Because THEY'RE ON THE PED'S!!!!

If everybody is cheating. Then nobody is cheating.

Is the 4W 7L 3D journeyman who works full time on the same PEDs as the 25-0 financially backed prospect who bears him up in this world of yours??
Most Journeyman don't even train a full time schedule. So no I highly doubt they are.
And a lot of boxers on the prospect level don't train full time, so everybody isn't on it, and if one of these guys gets put in let's say late notice against a full time prospect juiced up, then that's not everybody cheating is it

You've also went from everybody takes them to well theyve all taken them at some point

You're using no factual evidence for this and you're willing to condemn fighters of lesser resources to go in and fight somebody juiced
gilgamesh
Middleweight
Posts: 37791
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by gilgamesh »

Well let me simplify it for you. I don't care who does or don't do it.

If you're so against horrible injuries being induced in Boxing, you should probably be against the idea of Boxing entirely. The whole idea of the sport is to injure your opponent frankly. Cut him, Knock him out, Break his ribs, Break his nose. These are all things you strive for in this sport. It's not pure, and honorable by it's very nature. So why pretend to be all high and mighty about it? It's Barbaric, and it appeals to the Barbarian in us to watch it and enjoy it.

So embrace it. Enjoy the violence. Enjoy the energy. Enjoy the competition. Enjoy the Skill.

Don't Police It. It's not really meant to be Policed too much. It's Outlaw sh*t. A cutthroat sport filled with shady people behind the scenes, and in many cases in the ring.

This is what Boxing is. This is my stance on it. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you don't.
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Wee Tommy »

gilgamesh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 04:39 Well let me simplify it for you. I don't care who does or don't do it.

If you're so against horrible injuries being induced in Boxing, you should probably be against the idea of Boxing entirely. The whole idea of the sport is to injure your opponent frankly. Cut him, Knock him out, Break his ribs, Break his nose. These are all things you strive for in this sport. It's not pure, and honorable by it's very nature. So why pretend to be all high and mighty about it? It's Barbaric, and it appeals to the Barbarian in us to watch it and enjoy it.

So embrace it. Enjoy the violence. Enjoy the energy. Enjoy the competition. Enjoy the Skill.

Don't Police It. It's not really meant to be Policed too much. It's Outlaw sh*t. A cutthroat sport filled with shady people behind the scenes, and in many cases in the ring.

This is what Boxing is. This is my stance on it. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you don't.
Very true 👍🏼
skanksta
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 12050
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 10:25

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by skanksta »

Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 14:16
gilgamesh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 04:39 Well let me simplify it for you. I don't care who does or don't do it.

If you're so against horrible injuries being induced in Boxing, you should probably be against the idea of Boxing entirely. The whole idea of the sport is to injure your opponent frankly. Cut him, Knock him out, Break his ribs, Break his nose. These are all things you strive for in this sport. It's not pure, and honorable by it's very nature. So why pretend to be all high and mighty about it? It's Barbaric, and it appeals to the Barbarian in us to watch it and enjoy it.

So embrace it. Enjoy the violence. Enjoy the energy. Enjoy the competition. Enjoy the Skill.

Don't Police It. It's not really meant to be Policed too much. It's Outlaw sh*t. A cutthroat sport filled with shady people behind the scenes, and in many cases in the ring.

This is what Boxing is. This is my stance on it. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you don't.
Very true 👍🏼
You kinda persuaded me Gil. I've often thought, "fvck it - all in" with drugs. Saves the whole moral issue.

WeeT- that's fighting talk: "Whit fitba team dae you support?!" :o
:lol:
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Mar 2021, 06:43

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by JamesPhilips »

JamesPhilips wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 10:50
Spud wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 10:19 I dont know how certain boxers & ex boxers face the cameras.

I worked in the sport for 22 years and only got suspicious about a couple of boxers.

Drug cheats disgust me.
What about David Haye?
No answer = yes = and you knew it. Heavyweight David Haye is one of the clearest PED enhanced British fighters ever
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Wee Tommy »

skanksta wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 14:29
Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 14:16
gilgamesh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 04:39 Well let me simplify it for you. I don't care who does or don't do it.

If you're so against horrible injuries being induced in Boxing, you should probably be against the idea of Boxing entirely. The whole idea of the sport is to injure your opponent frankly. Cut him, Knock him out, Break his ribs, Break his nose. These are all things you strive for in this sport. It's not pure, and honorable by it's very nature. So why pretend to be all high and mighty about it? It's Barbaric, and it appeals to the Barbarian in us to watch it and enjoy it.

So embrace it. Enjoy the violence. Enjoy the energy. Enjoy the competition. Enjoy the Skill.

Don't Police It. It's not really meant to be Policed too much. It's Outlaw sh*t. A cutthroat sport filled with shady people behind the scenes, and in many cases in the ring.

This is what Boxing is. This is my stance on it. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you don't.
Very true 👍🏼
You kinda persuaded me Gil. I've often thought, "fvck it - all in" with drugs. Saves the whole moral issue.

WeeT- that's fighting talk: "Whit fitba team dae you support?!" :o
:lol:
Al take the face right aff ye 🤣🤣
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Wee Tommy »

JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 14:55
JamesPhilips wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 10:50
Spud wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 10:19 I dont know how certain boxers & ex boxers face the cameras.

I worked in the sport for 22 years and only got suspicious about a couple of boxers.

Drug cheats disgust me.
What about David Haye?
No answer = yes = and you knew it. Heavyweight David Haye is one of the clearest PED enhanced British fighters ever

Agree 100%


It’s weird to see grown men hero worship people so much that they ignore obvious facts. Couple that with an utter lack of knowledge on the subject matter, PEDs and it becomes quite funny.
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Mar 2021, 06:43

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by JamesPhilips »

Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:36
JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 14:55
JamesPhilips wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 10:50

What about David Haye?
No answer = yes = and you knew it. Heavyweight David Haye is one of the clearest PED enhanced British fighters ever

Agree 100%


It’s weird to see grown men hero worship people so much that they ignore obvious facts. Couple that with an utter lack of knowledge on the subject matter, PEDs and it becomes quite funny.
Thanks. The naivety is incredible.
“I once met Zolani Tete and he was really friendly sonI knew he would never do PEDs” LMFAO
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 5732
Joined: 29 Sep 2017, 04:08

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by gregregegg »

Obviosly fans can forgive a failed test. Canelo and Fury are 2 of the biggest names in the sport after failed tests. I critical part of forgivness is some bulshit excuse that creates doubt rather than saying sorry.

Mex Beef, Wild Boar, Tainted sups, russian spiking, sucking dick.... people dont care what your excuse is, they just need some alternate explination to cheating that there mind can think... "mabbbbey".
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Mar 2021, 06:43

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by JamesPhilips »

gregregegg wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:42 Obviosly fans can forgive a failed test. Canelo and Fury are 2 of the biggest names in the sport after failed tests. I critical part of forgivness is some bulshit excuse that creates doubt rather than saying sorry.

Mex Beef, Wild Boar, Tainted sups, russian spiking, sucking dick.... people dont care what your excuse is, they just need some alternate explination to cheating that there mind can think... "mabbbbey".
Roy Jones. Erik Morales too
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Wee Tommy »

JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:38
Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:36
JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 14:55

No answer = yes = and you knew it. Heavyweight David Haye is one of the clearest PED enhanced British fighters ever

Agree 100%


It’s weird to see grown men hero worship people so much that they ignore obvious facts. Couple that with an utter lack of knowledge on the subject matter, PEDs and it becomes quite funny.
Thanks. The naivety is incredible.
“I once met Zolani Tete and he was really friendly sonI knew he would never do PEDs” LMFAO
There’s one boxer I know who never would juice and the reason I know is I offered him top end EPO and he was raging with me, disgusted.

I’ve still got the stuff in a fridge at a gym. Not an easy to use compound, unlike testosterone, masteron, nandrolone etc.
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Wee Tommy »

Also, truly, you have to be an idiot to get caught these days and even more so in the past. The testing really is that basic.
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Mar 2021, 06:43

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by JamesPhilips »

Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:48
JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:38
Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:36


Agree 100%


It’s weird to see grown men hero worship people so much that they ignore obvious facts. Couple that with an utter lack of knowledge on the subject matter, PEDs and it becomes quite funny.
Thanks. The naivety is incredible.
“I once met Zolani Tete and he was really friendly sonI knew he would never do PEDs” LMFAO
There’s one boxer I know who never would juice and the reason I know is I offered him top end EPO and he was raging with me, disgusted.

I’ve still got the stuff in a fridge at a gym. Not an easy to use compound, unlike testosterone, masteron, nandrolone etc.
Wow. For me the top fighter I am most sure was clean was Joe Calzaghe.
Glass Joe
Welterweight
Posts: 2953
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 10:29

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Glass Joe »

JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:47
gregregegg wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:42 Obviosly fans can forgive a failed test. Canelo and Fury are 2 of the biggest names in the sport after failed tests. I critical part of forgivness is some bulshit excuse that creates doubt rather than saying sorry.

Mex Beef, Wild Boar, Tainted sups, russian spiking, sucking dick.... people dont care what your excuse is, they just need some alternate explination to cheating that there mind can think... "mabbbbey".
Roy Jones. Erik Morales too
JJ was probably the most gifted boxers from the last 30 years, but obvious he was the poster boy for Mexican meat.
Wee Tommy
Light Heavyweight

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by Wee Tommy »

JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:51
Wee Tommy wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:48
JamesPhilips wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 15:38

Thanks. The naivety is incredible.
“I once met Zolani Tete and he was really friendly sonI knew he would never do PEDs” LMFAO
There’s one boxer I know who never would juice and the reason I know is I offered him top end EPO and he was raging with me, disgusted.

I’ve still got the stuff in a fridge at a gym. Not an easy to use compound, unlike testosterone, masteron, nandrolone etc.
Wow. For me the top fighter I am most sure was clean was Joe Calzaghe.

You could well be right. The thing is it’s not just muscularity that can be increased, so in the case of EPO we’d never know.
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 04:39 Well let me simplify it for you. I don't care who does or don't do it.

If you're so against horrible injuries being induced in Boxing, you should probably be against the idea of Boxing entirely. The whole idea of the sport is to injure your opponent frankly. Cut him, Knock him out, Break his ribs, Break his nose. These are all things you strive for in this sport. It's not pure, and honorable by it's very nature. So why pretend to be all high and mighty about it? It's Barbaric, and it appeals to the Barbarian in us to watch it and enjoy it.

So embrace it. Enjoy the violence. Enjoy the energy. Enjoy the competition. Enjoy the Skill.

Don't Police It. It's not really meant to be Policed too much. It's Outlaw sh*t. A cutthroat sport filled with shady people behind the scenes, and in many cases in the ring.

This is what Boxing is. This is my stance on it. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you don't.
No I shouldnt be against the idea of boxing, you heard it yourself, one pro was disgusted at being offered it

Soft bigotry of low expectations, not everybody is on it but you assume they are

I go into a boxing match I know it's dangerous which is why I expect it to be fought within the rules of safety as much as possible, go in expecting it to be within the rules, if he's better than me fair enough, if my opponent is on PEDs I'll be fornicating raging. The first few boys who all done David Price fell off remarkably after they were caught in the juice, couldn't blame Price for being disgusted that they all popped
GreenLightning
Super Welterweight
Posts: 817
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:23

Re: Can You Forgive One Of Your Favourite Boxers Failing a PED Test? Please Explain Your Reasoning.

Post by GreenLightning »

gilgamesh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 04:39 Well let me simplify it for you. I don't care who does or don't do it.

If you're so against horrible injuries being induced in Boxing, you should probably be against the idea of Boxing entirely. The whole idea of the sport is to injure your opponent frankly. Cut him, Knock him out, Break his ribs, Break his nose. These are all things you strive for in this sport. It's not pure, and honorable by it's very nature. So why pretend to be all high and mighty about it? It's Barbaric, and it appeals to the Barbarian in us to watch it and enjoy it.

So embrace it. Enjoy the violence. Enjoy the energy. Enjoy the competition. Enjoy the Skill.

Don't Police It. It's not really meant to be Policed too much. It's Outlaw sh*t. A cutthroat sport filled with shady people behind the scenes, and in many cases in the ring.

This is what Boxing is. This is my stance on it. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you don't.
It's a martial art that is supposed to be beyond a scrap in the street, it is fought by brave boxers, martial artists, who are coming In under the understanding they are fighting a fellow martial artist, within the rules, if the guy is cheating with chemicals he is not supposed to have in his system, that enhance his ability to inflict bodily harm on me that I'm not aware of, that is utter cowardice , if you're going to use it, go do it where you both agree to take them
Post Reply