Lerena - Decision
No votes

Total votes: 32

Kilburn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Daniel Dubois vs. Kevin Lerena | BT PPV - 3 December 2022

Post by Kilburn »

MightyWarrior wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 04:48 So cutting through all the crap on this whacky B level slugfest, DDD is caught cold with a temple shot and sent crashing. He recovers right away, but he’s fooked his knee or ankle. The US commentary ( Andre ward and co ) have NO CLUE what’s happened, despite listening in on Shane and DD discussing the injury between rounds …I couldn’t work out what had happened either as I was in a loud pub and couldn’t hear at the time ( thanks for the tip Ben :TU: ). The big man came back superbly in the third with some thudding well-placed bombs and the South African was in La La Land when it was helpfully waved off by the house ref.
He stopped it just before the bell, so not a bad stoppage, but obviously the overall impression with the three knockdowns spells home cooking…

So there we have it, onwards and upwards; I’ll definitely be watching his next fight that’s for sure, though it’ll probably be against a blown up super middleweight. Or Del Boy, god help us.

I didn’t watch the main event abomination and I never will - sounds like the predicted horror show
we all knew was coming.
Spot on MW :TU:
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight

Post by JamesPhilips »

Is it confirmed he hurt his leg? I mean they seemed fine after round 1. They seemed to recover very quickly. To me it looked as if his legs were so gone he couldn’t stand up properly, rather than because of an injury, and seemed terrified that Lerena was coming for him.
Glass Joe
Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

If David Price and Frank Bruno had a kid, it would be DDD.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Post by keithmoonhangover »

JamesPhilips wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:14 I mean they seemed fine after round 1. They seemed to recover very quickly. To me it looked as if his legs were so gone he couldn’t stand up properly, rather than because of an injury, and seemed terrified that Lerena was coming for him.
This.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

keithmoonhangover wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:25
JamesPhilips wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:14 I mean they seemed fine after round 1. They seemed to recover very quickly. To me it looked as if his legs were so gone he couldn’t stand up properly, rather than because of an injury, and seemed terrified that Lerena was coming for him.
This.
Shane told him to move and jab in rd 2
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

JamesPhilips wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:14 Is it confirmed he hurt his leg? I mean they seemed fine after round 1. They seemed to recover very quickly. To me it looked as if his legs were so gone he couldn’t stand up properly, rather than because of an injury, and seemed terrified that Lerena was coming for him.
They said ankle at one point.

This is what Dubois said:

"It was amazing," Dubois told BT Sport. "He caught me and I felt like my knee went. I have the heart of a warrior and listened to my team. I didn't feel it the shot [but it] must of hit me, sh!t happens.

"I was just saying get back to your boxing and calm it down. I listened to Shane and I had to recover and I came back out stronger.

"I felt a bit rusty and I felt like I wasn't even there at points."
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight

Post by JamesPhilips »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:31
JamesPhilips wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:14 Is it confirmed he hurt his leg? I mean they seemed fine after round 1. They seemed to recover very quickly. To me it looked as if his legs were so gone he couldn’t stand up properly, rather than because of an injury, and seemed terrified that Lerena was coming for him.

"It was amazing," Dubois told BT Sport. "He caught me and I felt like my knee went. I have the heart of a warrior and listened to my team. I didn't feel it the shot [but it] must of hit me, sh!t happens.

"I was just saying get back to your boxing and calm it down. I listened to Shane and I had to recover and I came back out stronger.

Yeah sounds like his legs / knee turned to jelly but there was no injury. The punch reminded me of the punch Ruiz landed on Joshua.
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

He was definitely staggered by a punch initially. Watching his leg I saw nothing untoward. Smacks of someone having their legs taken away for the very first time. Maybe the Joyce fight did something to his punch resistance. Very odd either way.
keithmoonhangover
Middleweight

Post by keithmoonhangover »

Dioufy wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:33 He was definitely staggered by a punch initially. Watching his leg I saw nothing untoward. Smacks of someone having their legs taken away for the very first time. Maybe the Joyce fight did something to his punch resistance. Very odd either way.
He took a beating against Joyce. I think it will have given him permanent damage.
wrighty
Super Featherweight

Post by wrighty »

If you were fabio, would you want the fight?
handsofstone
Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

JamesPhilips wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:33

Yeah sounds like his legs / knee turned to jelly but there was no injury. The punch reminded me of the punch Ruiz landed on Joshua.
Aye good shout
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

handsofstone wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 12:41
JamesPhilips wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:33

Aye good shout
Yeh. The equilibrium Shot.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

The same shot basically knocked Dub down twice.

It’s like when a boxers gets KD and gets on and on wobbly legs. The ref should stop it.

He went down twice after being initially KD the first time.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Foster’s face. Telling Kevin that he’s shafted him.

“Don’t come back to the UK.”
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

DrDuke wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 05:29
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 04:33 Remember Frank told us Dub beats AJ :lol:
Well, still not that unreal. He he rushes and lands first, he can do it. A puncher always has a chance, especially against someone, who has shown vulnerabilities.
He'd likely get his head taken off, although hard to be certain as Joshua's looking increasingly hesitant.

I'd not be that surprised if Joshua retires soon
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

So where were the vulnerabilities when he boxed Joyce? He was right in the fight and people consider JJ as some sort of monster.
THEBUTCH
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by THEBUTCH »

Piss easy win for Dubois, but lucky for Daniel that he had a beefed up Cruiserweight in front of him.

He clearly turned his ankle when off balance in the first round and the following 2 "knockdowns" were voluntary counts because the ankle was obviously causing issues/pain....and this is where DDD was lucky it wasn't a genuine heavyweight who could have forced home an advantage

Lerena was as hopeless as I expected and once Dubois adjusted to his injury he put away the South African in fine style. If anyone thinks that was a bad stoppage....you haven't seen much of Howard Foster ;-)
margaret thatcher
Super Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

ya, i mean dubs said he got hit and then his knees suddenly felt funny, but ya it was a total freak ankle injury that had nothing to do with being hit

i think he also injured his leg vs joyce too, hence why he had to throw himself on the canvas there as well

just so unlucky with all these freak injuries. at least vs lerena it magically healed itself within a few minutes, which knee injuries are of course known to do
gregregegg
Super Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

margaret thatcher wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 21:58 ya, i mean dubs said he got hit and then his knees suddenly felt funny, but ya it was a total freak ankle injury that had nothing to do with being hit

i think he also injured his leg vs joyce too, hence why he had to throw himself on the canvas there as well

just so unlucky with all these freak injuries. at least vs lerena it magically healed itself within a few minutes, which knee injuries are of course known to do
DDDs suffered a freak injury after being punched. Just like breazeal vs wilder… or khan vs canelo… very unlucky really all these freak injurys….
margaret thatcher
Super Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

it's so sad :cry:
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Manchester Hitman
Welterweight

Post by Manchester Hitman »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 15:41 Image

How did Kevin get shafted? He was finished, hence he didn’t/wasn’t able to protest the stoppage.
joshj909
Super Bantamweight

Post by joshj909 »

Manchester Hitman wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 11:45

How did Kevin get shafted? He was finished, hence he didn’t/wasn’t able to protest the stoppage.
The knockdown rule. Ended the first round early. Jumped in at first opportunity and called the fight after the bell.
Manchester Hitman
Welterweight

Post by Manchester Hitman »

joshj909 wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 11:51

The knockdown rule. Ended the first round early. Jumped in at first opportunity and called the fight after the bell.
There was no 3 knockdown rule in force.

The ref doesn’t control the timekeeping. At the time of the bell going Dubois was taking a count anyway - it wouldn’t have given Larena time to do anything afterwards.

Larena was being battered with big punches and was hurt bad- he was done.
TheLeprechaun
Super Lightweight

Post by TheLeprechaun »

Manchester Hitman wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 14:17
joshj909 wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 11:51

There was no 3 knockdown rule in force.

The ref doesn’t control the timekeeping. At the time of the bell going Dubois was taking a count anyway - it wouldn’t have given Larena time to do anything afterwards.

Larena was being battered with big punches and was hurt bad- he was done.
Happy with corruption as long as it favours the Brit.

The fight should be called when fighters go down by themselves without taking a punch and the bell ringing 10 seconds earlier is, in my opinion, clear and disgusting corruption.

It says a lot that it's defended by many on here.