Re: Lyndon Arthur vs. Braian Suarez | CH5 - 1 September 2023

Post by Controversial »

Scary knockout
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Controversial wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 19:12 Scary knockout
Last two shots weren’t needed. Just out on his feet.

Ref tried to run in there.
handsofstone
Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Arthur got out of jail with that bodyshot lordy, tough test from Suarez who was dangerous with the right hand from the bell, Arthur got nailed with it a few times in the 1st but Arthur made good use of the jab and boxed well behind it, Suarez put him down right at the end of the 4th with the right, bell just in time, torrid 5th for Arthur as well as he got battered, things settled down a bit though but Arthur still looked to passive amd Suarez roughed him up on the ropes and was still dangerous, I had Suarez building up a handy lead before Arthur found the finish out of nowhere in the 10th, left hand to the body, didnt look a hard shot and there was some delayed reaction from Suarez but he was winded , smash and grab from Arthur that
maverick23
Middleweight

Post by maverick23 »

Reminded me of one of the better Friday night Sky shows from back in the day.

Small arena, decent atmosphere, not a massively high level but 2 good, hard fights with guys trying to win in well matched fights.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Got to say watchable fight
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 19:52
Controversial wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 19:12 Scary knockout
Last two shots weren’t needed. Just out on his feet.

Ref tried to run in there.
Lyson got caught in a poor position to see what was happening - cartwright basically out on his feet and took 2 solid head shots that he didnt need to take .
handsofstone
Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Antwi and Cartwright serving up a cracker, Cartwright was losing the fight but he is nails and just never stopped coming forward, Antwi was able box him, his offence and defence was sharper and he countered Cartwright with some eye catching shots, real textbook stuff from Antwi he looked good against a tough aggressive opponent who never gave him peace

The KO in the 12th was brutal, Antwi caught Cartwright with a big right hand which him out on his feet before a left then a right slept him, great ending to a great fight, what a way to become British champion
Delta Jay
Welterweight

Post by Delta Jay »

Great two fights and both on a Friday on Freeview!
SeanBrennan
Light Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Enjoyed this card, Boxing King Media got some good interviews. Was funny how laid back Lyndon was even after the fight. Zelfa was made up for him. Sunny too. They seem a tight unit with Pat. Lyndon has such a good jab, was good to see him get a knockout.
SeanBrennan
Light Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

handsofstone wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 04:55 Antwi and Cartwright serving up a cracker, Cartwright was losing the fight but he is nails and just never stopped coming forward, Antwi was able box him, his offence and defence was sharper and he countered Cartwright with some eye catching shots, real textbook stuff from Antwi he looked good against a tough aggressive opponent who never gave him peace

The KO in the 12th was brutal, Antwi caught Cartwright with a big right hand which him out on his feet before a left then a right slept him, great ending to a great fight, what a way to become British champion
definitely brutal, made me wince a bit did that one.
funso banjo baby
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by funso banjo baby »

Didn't see a particularly big body shot in that Arthur fight.
wrighty
Super Featherweight

Post by wrighty »

642368 wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 13:09
handsofstone wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 04:55 Antwi and Cartwright serving up a cracker, Cartwright was losing the fight but he is nails and just never stopped coming forward, Antwi was able box him, his offence and defence was sharper and he countered Cartwright with some eye catching shots, real textbook stuff from Antwi he looked good against a tough aggressive opponent who never gave him peace

Antwi seems likeable and that was a cracking finish. What's his level?
SeanBrennan
Light Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

wrighty wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 16:34
642368 wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 13:09

Antwi seems likeable and that was a cracking finish. What's his level?
excellent question, looking forward to watching him in future to find out the answer.
samwbr
Super Lightweight

Post by samwbr »

Ekow Essuman beat Antwi so still British level.
jimb0d
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jimb0d »

Really good fight for Arthur. I agree with Comms that he could make the straight right more of a weapon by committing more, but when your jab and chin are so good then why take the risk? Composure is such an underrated skill and he has it.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

his chin isnt really that good, might be why he's hesitant to commit
olij999
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by olij999 »

Delta Jay wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 07:30 Great two fights and both on a Friday on Freeview!
+1.

Loved the two fights. Only two downsides for me. First, the insistence that it was a "world title fight". Don't insult our intelligence, particular of those of us who have lived through the epic Steve Roberts/Secret Williams/Takaloo/Anthony Farnell
"world" title era. Second, for those of us who had recorded it and were watching on a Saturday while working through a pile of ironing, can Channel 5 please stop cutting off the recording when the fight goes past the scheduled end time. Round 11 of Antwi-Cartwright just starting, then - end. Meh.

PS - I particularly loved the unspoken discord between Kalle and Lyndon in the post-fight interview. Lyndon clearly wanted to go home for a cup of tea and an early night, but no, Kalle wants to party "long into the night". If an IBO title justifies an all-nighter, how long would Kalle party for if Arthur won a proper title? Oof...
CaptainSpacerod
Super Featherweight

Post by CaptainSpacerod »

You'd have to have a heart of stone to not smile at the almost childlike sense of delight on Lyndon’s face when he was announced as world champion.

He should be proud and enjoy his moment because I don’t think are many more happy moments left in his career.

What a great little show this was, two cracking fights and C5 covered the action brilliantly
veriton
Super Middleweight

Post by veriton »

olij999 wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 17:37
Delta Jay wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 07:30 Great two fights and both on a Friday on Freeview!
+1.

Loved the two fights. Only two downsides for me. First, the insistence that it was a "world title fight". Don't insult our intelligence, particular of those of us who have lived through the epic Steve Roberts/Secret Williams/Takaloo/Anthony Farnell
"world" title era. Second, for those of us who had recorded it and were watching on a Saturday while working through a pile of ironing, can Channel 5 please stop cutting off the recording when the fight goes past the scheduled end time. Round 11 of Antwi-Cartwright just starting, then - end. Meh.

PS - I particularly loved the unspoken discord between Kalle and Lyndon in the post-fight interview. Lyndon clearly wanted to go home for a cup of tea and an early night, but no, Kalle wants to party "long into the night". If an IBO title justifies an all-nighter, how long would Kalle party for if Arthur won a proper title? Oof...
It was avaliable on Ch5 on demand on Saturday so no need for the recording faff

All round great show. I like the presenter too. Yes, Logans talk about world champion was risible and he should have been challenged on it
Delta Jay
Welterweight

Post by Delta Jay »

:lol:
olij999 wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 17:37
+1.

:lol:

I agree with all you’ve said. Like many on the board I think there should be more respect for intermediary belts. We seen a great British titled scrap there, why can’t we see great British commonwealth or even European title wars like that any more?

Someone on twitter once called a fighter out for winning the “Beef and Black Bean Title” and it’s always stuck with me.

You don’t need two world class operators to make a good fight. You just need two hungry kiddas who are on a similar level.
SeanBrennan
Light Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

CaptainSpacerod wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 20:31 You'd have to have a heart of stone to not smile at the almost childlike sense of delight on Lyndon’s face when he was announced as world champion.

He should be proud and enjoy his moment because I don’t think are many more happy moments left in his career.

What a great little show this was, two cracking fights and C5 covered the action brilliantly
my thoughts entirely. Zelfa was so pleased for him too.