2%
Adeleye - T/KO
14%
Adeleye - Decision
2%

Total votes: 59

Cask
Light Flyweight

Re: Fabio Wardley vs. David Adeleye - Who wins?

Post by Cask »

Guess I know for sure it wasn't staged now
Cask
Light Flyweight

Post by Cask »

CaptainSpacerod wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 14:12 Why oh why do promoters waste money on hiring ineffective steroid munching gym rats to pose as “security”.

At ring walks, press conferences, weigh ins etc they’re absolutely useless. I really don’t understand why they have them.
they're just supposed to look scary, most of them get a bit rattled when they see fists start to fly, that's why Joe Rogan used to run away when he did security ,by his own admission
Glass Joe
Super Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

Cask wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 14:06 What is really a silly brawl will now be "MARKETING GENIUS" because of where it happened it's gone viral
okay Wardley let us pitch this to you, you get pushed during a interview, then Adeleye pretends to fight you but instead backs off swearing at you, you then come forward and get blind sided by Adeleye mate and get cut and made to look like a fool, but think of the press you will get for this fight. :KO: :KO: :KO: :KO:
Cask
Light Flyweight

Post by Cask »

Glass Joe wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 14:16
Cask wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 14:06 What is really a silly brawl will now be "MARKETING GENIUS" because of where it happened it's gone viral
okay Wardley let us pitch this to you, you get pushed during a interview, then Adeleye pretends to fight you but instead backs off swearing at you, you then come forward and get blind sided by Adeleye mate and get cut and made to look like a fool, but think of the press you will get for this fight. :KO: :KO: :KO: :KO:
Ok ok I saw the other angle he got hit, I don't think he looked too bad because it was a sucker punch by someone else and we know shit happens like that, but the fact that it landed and he went down is the only thing that will be repeated
joshj909
Super Bantamweight

Post by joshj909 »

Who is that who drops and cuts Wardley with the left hook because it's not Adeleye?
Cask
Light Flyweight

Post by Cask »

joshj909 wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 14:35

Who is that who drops and cuts Wardley with the left hook because it's not Adeleye?
One of Adeleys "entourage", I'd be surprised if he was any kind of registered boxer because while he dropped Wardley (a large professional boxer, no small feat) Wardley wasn't looking at him and the better angle shows that was one awkwardly telegraphed left hook
Cask
Light Flyweight

Post by Cask »

But then again I'm the guy who said it didn't even land so wtf do I know he could be top ten

that's why brawls are dangerous, they are quick and confusing!!
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

What a joke.

Had they even done the presser at this stage?
Frostieballs
Super Flyweight

Post by Frostieballs »

Whoever it was, he will be dining out on that for a while.
wrighty
Super Featherweight

Post by wrighty »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 12:52
jameswilson wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 12:34
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 12:16 What’s the point fighting without belt?

Surely not because it’s taking place in Saudi.

Shouldn’t matter.
Yeah hopefully the BBBoC see sense and don't strip Wardley if he wins. But possibly fighting under a foreign commision means the Board won't allow it for their title. Seems odd that the tweet says 'will defend his British title' and the rtweet says might not be on the line.
It’s happened before surely? Or with certain belts defended on another territory?

As long as it’s two British boxers. Who cares.
Witter defended a commonwealth title in America against Ndou I think
Frostieballs
Super Flyweight

Post by Frostieballs »

wrighty wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 18:32
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 12:52
jameswilson wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 12:34

Yeah hopefully the BBBoC see sense and don't strip Wardley if he wins. But possibly fighting under a foreign commision means the Board won't allow it for their title. Seems odd that the tweet says 'will defend his British title' and the rtweet says might not be on the line.
It’s happened before surely? Or with certain belts defended on another territory?

As long as it’s two British boxers. Who cares.
Witter defended a commonwealth title in America against Ndou I think
Yes. In LA on Eastman Hopkins undercard.
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

Frostieballs wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 18:31 Whoever it was, he will be dining out on that for a while.
what smackin a guy from the blindisde with a sucker punch .
pathetic and cowardly
Frostieballs
Super Flyweight

Post by Frostieballs »

stevec@france wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 03:34
Frostieballs wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 18:31 Whoever it was, he will be dining out on that for a while.
pathetic and cowardly
Not saying I condone it!
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

Wardly got proper dropped there. Looked a bit dazed in the aftermath. Silly stuff scrapping in groups, no matter how good you are someone can always sling a sneaky one in.
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

Frostieballs wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 04:10
stevec@france wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 03:34
pathetic and cowardly
Not saying I condone it!
no i get that
big lennox
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by big lennox »

Cheap shot by Adeleye and his mate. I expect it will be very satisfying for Wardley when he pastes Adeleye.
Last edited by big lennox on 08 Sep 2023, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

I wont be surprised if the police get involved in this - its basically an assault without any provocation on wardley and the whole thing has been filmed by everyone with a smartphone in hand so no denying who did what .

The shove by adele was very milleresque and look what happened there .... pedalled
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

Silly stuff, honestly BBBoC should take his mando away or reduce his split, you cant be doing that.
maverick23
Middleweight

Post by maverick23 »

gregregegg wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 06:49 Silly stuff, honestly BBBoC should take his mando away or reduce his split, you cant be doing that.
This may not even be for the British to begin with. Also it didn’t go to purse bids so there won’t be a split. Each will just have their own deal.
Teddy's Toupee
Super Middleweight

Post by Teddy's Toupee »

gregregegg wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 04:48 Wardly got proper dropped there. Looked a bit dazed in the aftermath. Silly stuff scrapping in groups, no matter how good you are someone can always sling a sneaky one in.
Seriously? As he was coming forward he was caught off balance from the side. A push from the same angle would have sent him over.
blanca
Super Lightweight

Post by blanca »

Morons
maverick23
Middleweight

Post by maverick23 »

stevec@france wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 06:09 I wont be surprised if the police get involved in this - its basically an assault without any provocation on wardley and the whole thing has been filmed by everyone with a smartphone in hand so no denying who did what .

The shove by adele was very milleresque and look what happened there .... pedalled
They should really. Adeleye starts it and his pal puts a proper cheap shot on Wardley.

It didn’t look a bad cut from what I’ve seen but any kind of cut will take time to heal and will impact sparring.
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

maverick23 wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 07:42
gregregegg wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 06:49 Silly stuff, honestly BBBoC should take his mando away or reduce his split, you cant be doing that.
This may not even be for the British to begin with. Also it didn’t go to purse bids so there won’t be a split. Each will just have their own deal.
Shit I didn’t even realise this was at the fury Francis circus… be such a shame if it’s not for the British. Might not even be a pro fight if it’s on that exhibition card…
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Coco »

Will the BBBoC license the 40 yr old with zero boxing experience to fight a world champion?
Frostieballs
Super Flyweight

Post by Frostieballs »

Coco wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 08:35 Will the BBBoC license the 40 yr old with zero boxing experience to fight a world champion?
They don’t need to. It’s not being fought under their rules.

This isn’t a fight.