David Benavidez is a hypejob

Light Flyweight

David Benavidez is a hypejob

Post by 1075969 »

Exactly what the title suggests, I don't understand why people rate Benavidez so highly and even try to claim that he beats Canelo, to me he seems like a decently skilled boxer but someone who will get wiped off the planet when he faces a good puncher like Canelo, Beterbiev, Morrell, etc. A lot of the hype comes from his "fans" who in reality are mainly just Canelo haters who just latch onto the next big talent at whatever weight class Canelo is in at the time. I can guarantee now that if Canelo fought Benavidez he would KO him and the Benavidez fans would jump ship to someone like Morrell or whoever is the next big prospect. Also a bit weird that Benavidez fights at SMW when he is a natural LHW who can even go up to CW. Who do you all think?
goose 5
Super Bantamweight

Re: David Benavidez is a hypejob

Post by goose 5 »

Not a hype job in my view but he ain't defeating Morrell. I'd take him over Canelo for certain; a bout with Beterbiev is 50-50.
Cent0089
Welterweight

Post by Cent0089 »

That demolition od Andrade is good enough for me. Real statement. On the other hand, benavidez is very loud about canelo, but very silent about morrell. So all this "avoiding" bs from his team is bs imo.
joshj909
Featherweight

Post by joshj909 »

Name a better win other than Benavidez over Andrade at MW/SMW over the past 5+ years?
Light Flyweight

Post by 1075969 »

goose 5 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 15:09 Not a hype job in my view but he ain't defeating Morrell. I'd take him over Canelo for certain; a bout with Beterbiev is 50-50.
Don't think he beats either, He needs a good solid win against a high level puncher before I start to think about him winning against Canelo or Beterbiev
JackSprocket
Super Flyweight

Post by JackSprocket »

Boxing fans are so fuckin' cynical. All the best ones are hypejobs and those who aren't would get their asses kicked by everyone born in the past generations :brick:
skanksta
Cruiserweight

Post by skanksta »

goose 5 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 15:09 Not a hype job in my view but he ain't defeating Morrell. I'd take him over Canelo for certain; a bout with Beterbiev is 50-50.
Weight Divs for a reason - Beef would KO him like everyone else. :box:
JackSprocket
Super Flyweight

Post by JackSprocket »

skanksta wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 18:27
Weight Divs for a reason - Beef would KO him like everyone else. :box:
This is also kinda funny btw, how every true fan knows that the few pounds make every difference in the world but still complain that there are waaaay too many weight classes these days
Bobbyptsd
Middleweight

Post by Bobbyptsd »

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped bothering to come here. This place is downright retarded half the time.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

Bobbyptsd wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 00:45 Thanks for reminding me why I stopped bothering to come here. This place is downright retarded half the time.
if you're just gonna come in to bitch about it prob for the best youre not here :TU:
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

joshj909 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 16:58 Name a better win other than Benavidez over Andrade at MW/SMW over the past 5+ years?
that's pretty sad if that's the best win in that time frame tbh. andrade a talented guy but no meanginful track record at 168, and arguably got the most attention at 160/154 for the fights he didnt have

maybe too many guys holding out for canelo money and not fighting each other to build impressive records
KiwiRider
Super Featherweight

Post by KiwiRider »

I don't know about hypejob.
He is like a lot of boxers in this age, he has been carefully matched and curated to give the illusion of being great, without actually having proved it. Maybe he eventually will?
At SMW he is a bit of a weight bully, but he keeps making weight, so all luck to him, but LHW is probably his more natural division.
Sendo Takeshi
Minimumweight

Post by Sendo Takeshi »

50% chance Beterbiev knocks him out in the first 6 and 50% he knocks him out in the last 6? :OhYes:
Gran Hermano
Featherweight

Post by Gran Hermano »

I feel embarrassed when I see a person supporting a boxer/fighter like they would a football team and go on to slate the opposition fighter like they would their arch rival team
Jaywheel
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Jaywheel »

Sendo Takeshi wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 07:20
50% chance Beterbiev knocks him out in the first 6 and 50% he knocks him out in the last 6? :OhYes:
:clap: :lol:
giacomino
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by giacomino »

KiwiRider wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 15:18 I don't know about hypejob.
He is like a lot of boxers in this age, he has been carefully matched and curated to give the illusion of being great, without actually having proved it. Maybe he eventually will?
At SMW he is a bit of a weight bully, but he keeps making weight, so all luck to him, but LHW is probably his more natural division.
Agree. Kinda like Morrell, who has looked like King Kong against mostly awful opposition. Benavidez has beaten far better opposition but he does look like a weight bully at super middleweight and he'd get hammered by the top lt. heavies
JackSprocket
Super Flyweight

Post by JackSprocket »

Yeah but the difference between them is that Morrell hasn't faced actually anyone to this day. Bena has defeated Dirrell, Lemieux, Plant and Andrade who I personally consider one of the most talented boxers of the era.
JackSprocket
Super Flyweight

Post by JackSprocket »

Oh, right, that's pretty much what you write, I should definitely learn to read the full posts
1okstcsb
Welterweight

Post by 1okstcsb »

Gvozdyk is supposely D. Benavidez's opponent in June, that is a good opponent. If he is a hypejob he will struggle to Win that Fight.