Re: How much do you pay for Boxing?

Post by SeanBrennan »

is Kellie still involved in boxing?
THEBUTCH
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by THEBUTCH »

I think he is/was loosely involved in boxing with a female boxer. "Cathy" something :maybe:

If the Podcast Maloney did with Costello & Buncey in 2021 is ever made available again I'd recommend it to anyone who had even a passing interest in Maloney. Absolutely engrossing and fascinating for any British boxing fan, especially if you were following boxing from the 80s onwards.

The only disappointing thing about the Podcast was that it was only 50 minutes long and really needed about 2 hours !
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

I miss Maloney.

Although it is alleged he was paid a lot of money by The Sun to cover the facts of the change to kellie… he sadly sold lot of his memorabilia, this was covered on the programme “Posh Pawn”.

So perhaps money is tight.

I didnt like the way Lennox didnt renew his contract.
There was a bloke I think was called Adrian Ogun … he was an unpopular chap. Panos Eliades Lewis promoter at the time couldn’t stand him.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

THEBUTCH wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 13:34 I think he is/was loosely involved in boxing with a female boxer. "Cathy" something :maybe:

If the Podcast Maloney did with Costello & Buncey in 2021 is ever made available again I'd recommend it to anyone who had even a passing interest in Maloney. Absolutely engrossing and fascinating for any British boxing fan, especially if you were following boxing from the 80s onwards.

The only disappointing thing about the Podcast was that it was only 50 minutes long and really needed about 2 hours !
thanks Butch I'll keep an eye out for it.
sweetmagee
Featherweight

Post by sweetmagee »

I pay £40 a year for an IPTV subscription that includes every channel anywhere I can think of. DAZN, Sky, TNT etc. Pay per views included too. 99% of the time you wouldn't know you weren't watching on the legitimate channels. It's a long way from dodgy streams back in the day. Way back I had a Sky subscription when it was £30 a month or something.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

sweetmagee wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 15:08 I pay £40 a year for an IPTV subscription that includes every channel anywhere I can think of. DAZN, Sky, TNT etc. Pay per views included too. 99% of the time you wouldn't know you weren't watching on the legitimate channels. It's a long way from dodgy streams back in the day. Way back I had a Sky subscription when it was £30 a month or something.
that's good value that
sweetmagee
Featherweight

Post by sweetmagee »

Pretty much just watch boxing and box sets of TV series. No way I could afford to pay for everything you'd need nowadays to watch all the available boxing.
si7dog7
Super Welterweight

Post by si7dog7 »

Spud wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 13:49 I miss Maloney.

Although it is alleged he was paid a lot of money by The Sun to cover the facts of the change to kellie… he sadly sold lot of his memorabilia, this was covered on the programme “Posh Pawn”.

There was a bloke I think was called Adrian Ogun … he was an unpopular chap. Panos Eliades Lewis promoter at the time couldn’t stand him.
I don’t know where you’re going here Spud?
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

si7dog7 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 15:58
Spud wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 13:49 I miss Maloney.

I don’t know where you’re going here Spud?
I'm not sure Spud is either.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Went off the track there. :o :o

Back on the thread …. Have any of you paid over the odds for tickets.?

And another question … what fight did you pay for that you deeply regret doing so.?
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Spud wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 14:27 Went off the track there. :o :o

Back on the thread …. Have any of you paid over the odds for tickets.?

And another question … what fight did you pay for that you deeply regret doing so.?
Not me, only ever really paid for fights in Yorkshire, so small hall recently, or back on the day title fights at Donny Dome. Would be interested to hear from others too.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Workedon numerous shows in
the North East …

Glen Foote was exciting to watch

Also went to a fair few Hennessy shows when he first started … Frochy,Thirwell and Walker were always
matched competitively

But theres one fighter who always gave hos best and that was Clinton Woods
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Spud wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 18:58 Workedon numerous shows in
the North East …

Also went to a fair few Hennessy shows when he first started … Frochy,Thirwell and Walker were always
matched competitively

that is ace to hear, always liked Woods. Was so happy when he beat Hoye, there were touting Hoye as this killer as he'd been inside for it, and was undefeated. Woods did so well that fight.

Was Woods nice in person Spud? My foster carer took me to see him in Hull when I was 11, beat some fella called Clarkson iirc, I got his autograph and he was lovely to me.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

SeanBrennan wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 19:02
the North East …

matched competitively

that is ace to hear, always liked Woods. Was so happy when he beat Hoye, there were touting Hoye as this killer as he'd been inside for it, and was undefeated. Woods did so well that fight.

Was Woods nice in person Spud? My foster carer took me to see him in Hull when I was 11, beat some fella called Clarkson iirc, I got his autograph and he was lovely to me.
Clinton is a thoroughly decent bloke who still to this day makes sure I am ok. He phones just to take the p.*ss.

I sold 175 tickets to the squaddies for the Woods/Hoye fight they were under orders to make a racket .., the atmosphere was amasing
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Spud wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 19:14
SeanBrennan wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 19:02
the North East …

matched competitively

Clinton is a thoroughly decent bloke who still to this day makes sure I am ok. He phones just to take the p.*ss.

I sold 175 tickets to the squaddies for the Woods/Hoye fight they were under orders to make a racket .., the atmosphere was amasing
both those points are ace and it is so lovely to know he checks in on you (and the taking the pee bit is also ok and ace and very yorkshire)