Bond-Packer Promotions Press

p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Bond-Packer Promotions Press

Post by p4p1 »

Kerry Packer

There is are names in Australia that changed not only Australian sport but sport all over the world more than anyone else behind the scenes. Their genius and ambition working in tandem to change the game forever.

Kerry Packer, the man behind world series cricket and Alan Bond, the man who’s dream was to be the first successful challenger to the Americas Cup. Both successful entrepreneurs who bought Australia to the world stage, Bond and Packer have decided to team up and to bring Australia to the centre stage of the boxing world.

Alan Bond

The hiring of veteran SimBoxing manager and former promoter Mr. P4p the biggest name in Australian SimBoxing proves that Bond and Packer don’t just want to take part but are ready to take over. The two have put their past behind them, and are looking to future success together. Mr P4p’s first job was to find two unsigned fighters that could take them to the promised land. While the signing of Sam Langford was seen as a sensible and unsurprising selection. Experts had predicted that Moore, Charles and Tunney would be the first 3 picks but have been saying that the 4th pick overall Langford is without a doubt in their class. The surprise came in at pick 13 when with their selection Bond-Packer chose the undersized Harry Greb. Packer clearly the more talkative of the duo stated, ‘Look we went through the list of fighters and we kept coming back to Greb. We know his best weight is at middleweight but we also know he is the only man who beat Tunney and if you know boxing you know he did it twice but was robbed once. He knocked off Loughran who was taken at pick 5, Gibbons who went pick 8, Rosenbloom who went pick 11. I'm betting that he is the surprise package of the season and everyone knows I love a good bet.'

The two are currently in conversations with SimBoxing commissioners Mr Crease and Mr BoxBuzz about the TV distribution rights. The duo intend to show all the matches live on Packers channel 9 in Australia and use Mr Packers’ media connections to show the fights on sports channels all over the world. The deal currently being tabled to the SimBoxing commission is that fights including world title fights would be shown on free to air TV. The two believe that showing the weekly fights on free to air is not only the right thing to do for the public that has been so starved of these matchups for year but it would also be the best platform to allow them to promote the seasonal tournaments, The Million Dollar Tournament and The Super Six where they hope that ad revenue could keep these major tournaments of PPV cable TV. ‘We are in it for the little man. The working bloke who grafts hard in the sun all day and wants to come home and not have to used his hard earned to watch his favourite sport.’ Packer stated.
The iconic boxing flag from Australia II's successful America's Cup Challenge. Bond later sold rights to the flag to the Australian government for $1.

There is whispers of Bond and Packer being in negotiations with the commission to bring a new tournament to the Australian shores, however with the sim already having multiple tournaments it may be an uphill battle. If they are to get it over the line they will need to come up with something never done before. Neither parties would comment on the rumours.

The two Australian tycoons have the financial backing, the connections and sporting success to turn their new venture into a wildly successful partnership.
armageto
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Bond-Packer Promotions Press

Post by armageto »

:clap:
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

Our team of lawyers have been dispatched to be sure no disinformation has been pedaled here. I trust this is not an example of the ol' Aussie Spin. Blatant Fabrications designed to intimidate other management teams and stakeholders will not be tolerated.
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

BoxBuzz wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 17:21 Our team of lawyers have been dispatched to be sure no disinformation has been pedaled here. I trust this is not an example of the ol' Aussie Spin. Blatant Fabrications designed to intimidate other management teams and stakeholders will not be tolerated.
Mr BoxBuzz, I believe you will find that Mr Bond has served his time for fraud and paid his debt to society. Though we would like to point out the whole debacle was really just an innocent misunderstanding, and Mr Bond was unaware of committing the fraud, however the judge and jury were stacked against him.
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

Nevertheless,

A ministry of Truth may be required to help the hopeless and helpless sort out the chaff from the wheat. We all aspire to be on the box of SimWheaties, but the sports world can not sustain another mistake like what happened with Lance Armstrong......

Surely you agree.
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

p4p1 wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 03:59The two are currently in conversations with SimBoxing commissioners Mr Crease and Mr BoxBuzz about the TV distribution rights.
We can neither confirm nor deny such announcements, except to say that we have not received any *ahem ahem* payments as of yet, maybe still in the mail... Just remember, they better be Salt n Vinegar... Thank you for your time and drive safely.
NazNaci1
Cruiserweight

Post by NazNaci1 »

Commenting on the Bond-Packer presser, PR Manager 'Bonanza Bob' Stardust, of Betty Boop Promotions, when asked about Bond-Packers cryptic press conference, responded, 'We believe (BB Promotions) Bond-Packer are serious with their intentions to bring something 'different' to the SIM world.'

We will, naturally, defer to any and all appropriate Commission rulings and will respect these, above all else. That said, It has certainly peaked our interest'.

However, the 'Fighting Marine', when asked on his thoughts, was more focused on the up and coming new season.

Returning from a short break, visiting his extended family, in Kiltimagh, County Myao, Tunney said, 'All I hear is, 'When are you going to take on Mr Harry Grab...you know he beat you and thinks he can again'.

'People tend to underestimate the fact that I am the HW Champion of the World and returned the LH Title, after pummelling Mr Greb numerous times as well cleaning the division up'. 'I want my belts back and any talk of new tournaments do not faze me, I leave that side things down to Mr Stardust'.

He went on to add that any future boxing commitments must be for the people, to see the best fight the best.

'Of course, myself and Mr Greb will 'get it on', at some point. In fact I rather look forward to it (potential fight with Greb)'.
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

NazNaci1 wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 17:23 Commenting on the Bond-Packer presser, PR Manager 'Bonanza Bob' Stardust, of Betty Boop Promotions, when asked about Bond-Packers cryptic press conference, responded, 'We believe (BB Promotions) Bond-Packer are serious with their intentions to bring something 'different' to the SIM world.'

We will, naturally, defer to any and all appropriate Commission rulings and will respect these, above all else. That said, It has certainly peaked our interest'.

However, the 'Fighting Marine', when asked on his thoughts, was more focused on the up and coming new season.

Returning from a short break, visiting his extended family, in Kiltimagh, County Myao, Tunney said, 'All I hear is, 'When are you going to take on Mr Harry Grab...you know he beat you and thinks he can again'.

'People tend to underestimate the fact that I am the HW Champion of the World and returned the LH Title, after pummelling Mr Greb numerous times as well cleaning the division up'. 'I want my belts back and any talk of new tournaments do not faze me, I leave that side things down to Mr Stardust'.

He went on to add that any future boxing commitments must be for the people, to see the best fight the best.

'Of course, myself and Mr Greb will 'get it on', at some point. In fact I rather look forward to it (potential fight with Greb)'.
We at Bond-Packer agree with this statement. Boxing must be for the people, all people, regardless of background. The best fighting the best is what must happen. Harry Greb is certainly one of the best, he has the wins against fighters from all backgrounds to prove it.

When asked Mr Packer directly about the Greb v Tunney fight, Mr Packer didn't pull any punches, 'Tunney is a good fighter, but he has proved he is yellow by refusing to fight black fighters throughout his career. Tunney has proved once again that he is sticking to old habits. He had the option of Langford but called out Greb, he had the option to really test himself out, in a way that he never has before with both Charles and Moore available. Once we refused him on moral grounds he settles to fight Loughran. If the Loughran fight fell through he was planning on trying to get Fitz into the ring, when Foster and Moorer. I hear he won't even spar his stable mate Johnson either. I wouldn't be surprised if he refuses to eat with him.' Packer continued 'Gene demanded Betty Boop Promitions buy a new white bus for travelling to the fights. He makes Johnson sit up the back. I was talking with Max (Schmelling)the other day and he has a story or two about Gene that would fair dinkum blow your bloody mind.'
The new bus

'I tell you what' Packer continued 'Gene still has a lot to prove to the modern SimWorld. If he really wants to prove he isn't stuck in his old ways then he needs to fight Charles or Moore. Until he does that he won't be on my TV channel.'
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

Langford Poisoned Through Filter In Air Conditioning in His Tbilisi Hotel Room
In a shocking turn of events Bond-Packer investigators have found proof that Russian spies, under direct command of Russian President Vladimir Putin, poisoned Sam Langford. The spies snuck into Tibilisi under the cover of night and poisoned the heavy favourite through the filter in his A/C unit. Putin had placed a sizeable bet on the underdog Patterson and wanted to ensure that his man would win the bout. Unfortunately for Langford the ploy worked, an expert understanding of poisons and air flow meant that the Russian agents were able to poison Langford just enough so his performance would be impacted but not so much that there was an obvious issue with Langford help leading up to and during the fight.

Packer ever the gambler was quoted as saying 'To paraphrase the great Meatloaf, I would do anything to win a bet but I won't do that. As a fellow gambler I am disappointed in Vlad, we all love winning a bet but he has stepped over the line in a big way but Sam will be back better than ever' Bond-Packer are having their lawyers making enquires into having Langford win by DQ over Patterson, who was surely in on the play or alternatively have the fight changed to a no contest.

When Langford was interviewed over the issue, the ever humble Langford told this paper 'I don't know if I was poisoned or not but I did not feel my best on the day. I am just happy to say I had a bad night and congratulate Floyd on a great fight. I know I can beat Floyd and it was just not my night.'
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

Big Drama Show......but unverified, perhaps a misguided media event.