So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Who do you want to see Crawford face now?

Jermell Charlo
22
31%
Boots Ennis
34
47%
Tim Tszyu
7
10%
Keith Thurman
1
1%
Other (Explain in post)
8
11%
 
Total votes: 72

CaptainSpacerod
Lightweight
Posts: 2477
Joined: 15 Dec 2015, 03:21

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by CaptainSpacerod »

I'd like the Boots fight but Terence wants big bucks and few casuals know who Boots is so that won't happen

Canelo doesnt have a massive frame and if he stops eating contaminated beef for a while there's no reason why he can't get down to say 157 / 158 for a catchweight fight with Bud.
golden_labrador
Super Flyweight
Posts: 824
Joined: 25 Dec 2020, 18:18

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by golden_labrador »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 19:12
goose 5 wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 19:07 What I don't want is a Spence rematch-not this year, not ever !
He’s wants to do it again in December.
concussion makes you say silly things
Bandog
Bantamweight
Posts: 2471
Joined: 27 Jul 2019, 08:02

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Bandog »

ironbeard wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 15:19
Bandog wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 14:41 Ortiz Jr.? No one that actually wants to fight would sign to fight him.
Well, hopefully he is able to recover 100% this time. With 3.5 years of recurring serious health issues, it is a wonder that he has been able to fight as much as he has.
I wish Ortiz well also. That said, Stanonious would be an absolute fool to sign to fight Ortiz again. He should go straight to Boots next. Feel sorry for him, getting fukked over not getting Spence, now Ortiz 2X.
Les Norton
Super Flyweight
Posts: 136
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 18:11

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Les Norton »

Charlo all the way.
Ennis will schooled, Tszyu brings nothing to the table and Thurman hasn’t been remotely relevant since he lost to Pacquiao. Prior to that he had less activity than Gary Russell Jnr
1263220
Minimumweight
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jun 2023, 10:33

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by 1263220 »

GGG
Syntax Error
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 8621
Joined: 22 Apr 2005, 08:00

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Syntax Error »

goose 5 wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 19:07 What I don't want is a Spence rematch-not this year, not ever !
Agreed.

We had to wait 5 years for this fight and now we all know why.

Spence did nothing in that fight to suggest he would have any chance of reversing the result.

Crawford is leagues above him and that’s truly terrifying, because Spence is actually a great fighter, but he's simply no match for Bud.
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 11984
Joined: 07 May 2005, 16:49

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Evander »

Crawford v Spence 2
tiny_acres
Welterweight
Posts: 8820
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:43

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by tiny_acres »

Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:35 Crawford v Spence 2
I hope that is sarcasm
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 11984
Joined: 07 May 2005, 16:49

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Evander »

tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:43
Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:35 Crawford v Spence 2
I hope that is sarcasm
What's going to make them the most money short term ?
tiny_acres
Welterweight
Posts: 8820
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:43

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by tiny_acres »

Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:44
tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:43
Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:35 Crawford v Spence 2
I hope that is sarcasm
What's going to make them the most money short term ?
Because a rematch will not sell. Spence was destroyed.
No one could honestly give him a real shot at Crawford
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 11984
Joined: 07 May 2005, 16:49

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Evander »

tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:46
Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:44
tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:43

I hope that is sarcasm
What's going to make them the most money short term ?
Because a rematch will not sell. Spence was destroyed.
No one could honestly give him a real shot at Crawford
Sure they could, depends when it takes place.
Move it up a weight, with these two you could get away with it.
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 11984
Joined: 07 May 2005, 16:49

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Evander »

Get Spence off the weed.
With a bit more extra weight and a switched on trainer he'll do a lot better.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 7060
Joined: 21 Jun 2004, 06:00

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by coneye »

Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:48
tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:46
Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:44
What's going to make them the most money short term ?
Because a rematch will not sell. Spence was destroyed.
No one could honestly give him a real shot at Crawford
Sure they could, depends when it takes place.
Move it up a weight, with these two you could get away with it.
If a rematch happens its GOT to be at a higher weight otherwise no point , Spence was visibly drained that was obvious , no snap , no energy , just fighting on instinct , muscle memory and heart , would it make a difference i don't know i think it would , but we will see ,, other than that Charlo , which one who cares , both on the same night will do , get rid of them .. Boots may be interesting BUT i doubt its gonna happen , i think Boots will just wait it out and take the reigns when Crawford moves up.. and move up is sensiblt thats where the big money is ,, at that weight Boots also does a number on Spence , he's just finished at that weight
Last edited by coneye on 02 Aug 2023, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 11984
Joined: 07 May 2005, 16:49

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Evander »

coneye wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 22:21
Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:48
tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:46

Because a rematch will not sell. Spence was destroyed.
No one could honestly give him a real shot at Crawford
Sure they could, depends when it takes place.
Move it up a weight, with these two you could get away with it.
If a rematch happens its GOT to be at a higher weight otherwise no point , Spence was visibly drained that was obvious , no snap , no energy , just fighting on instinct , muscle memory and heart , would it make a difference i don't know i think it would , but we will see ,, other than that Charlo , which one who cares , both on the same night will do , get rid of them .. Boots may be interesting BUT i doubt its gonna happen , i think Boots will just wait it out and take the reigns when Crawford moves up
Short term it looks like a rematch.
Cent0089
Welterweight
Posts: 2957
Joined: 03 May 2013, 13:02

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Cent0089 »

Well, if they are going for rematch, hopefully they put Jaron Ennis to undercard to bring some hype for him
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight
Posts: 79653
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:46
Evander wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:44
tiny_acres wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:43

I hope that is sarcasm
What's going to make them the most money short term ?
Because a rematch will not sell. Spence was destroyed.
No one could honestly give him a real shot at Crawford
First fight did $22m in gate.

They’re gonna try rinsing.
adislav123
Super Welterweight
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2012, 19:05

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by adislav123 »

it's a pointless discussion as both canelo and crawford have zero intention to fight each other.

both are seasoned top professionals and know very well that there are weight classes for a reason and it would be an almost impossible task to find a weight they both would agree to.

canelo won't go down below 168 anymore, same goes for crawford who made it clear he almost certainly won't go above 154.

that leaves 160 as the (im)possible middle (ground)weight where both would have to go out of their way with nothing to gain, except money, with a built in reason/excuse (the weight!) win or lose, either way.

physically it wouldn't be a problem for both of them to make 160 and fight. both are the same height and personally i can't imagine crawford even more so with a slight reach advantage, not win the actual boxing contest quite decisively.

both champions are in the advent of their career and really have every other option available to make the big money fights, they seek, happen in their own weight range.
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight
Posts: 79653
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

adislav123 wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 05:50 it's a pointless discussion as both canelo and crawford have zero intention to fight each other.

both are seasoned top professionals and know very well that there are weight classes for a reason and it would be an almost impossible task to find a weight they both would agree to.

canelo won't go down below 168 anymore, same goes for crawford who made it clear he almost certainly won't go above 154.
Terence Crawford: “Canelo Doesn’t Really Interest Me Because Of The Size Factor”



“I don’t feel any different than yesterday to be honest. I’ve got a lot of people hitting me up but at the same time, the way I feel is no different than yesterday.”

“The fight is never easy, no matter how it looks to the general public. The fight is won in the gym, that’s where the hard part goes on. This fight was extremely hard, and I went through a lot of pain and suffering to get to that point.”

“That’s my obligation in the contract and I have to honor that. I want to thank Errol Spence, because without him really wanting to fight and doing what he can do, along with me to get this fight done, we wouldn’t be fighting.”

“I would definitely choose Charlo. It’s a meaningful fight; there’s more history, more on the table.”

“Canelo is two, three, even four weight classes above me, depending on which fight you’re talking about. So, to be honest, Canelo doesn’t really interest me because of the size factor.”

“Canelo fighting at his weight doesn’t present the right kind of challenge I’m seeking. I’ve been asked this question many times before, and I’ve always had the same answer. I’m firm on my stance.”

“I stated and said that I will retire from boxing before I let boxing retire me. I feel as if I haven’t been fully appreciated in the sport of boxing in my career for some time, and I felt like once I retired, that’s where I would get my props.”

One of the highlights of his recent fight was Crawford’s walkout, escorted by rapper Eminem.

The boxing champion was visibly excited when discussing this moment, saying: “That was a dope feeling. Shout out to Eminem for coming out and supporting me and showing me so much love. I never knew he was a big Terence Crawford fan.”

“No matter what I’m doing in life, I make sure that I’m there for my children.”
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight
Posts: 79653
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Terence Crawford a free agent after Errol Spence rematch clause expires

Errol Spence reportedly elected to undergo cataract surgery as the contracted time limit on his rematch with Terence Crawford has lapsed.

Not exactly a great day for PBC. Following the recent official news that star Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez has split with outfit, it’s now being reported by ESPN’s Mike Coppinger that Terence Crawford is also out of the fold and a promotional free agent.

Following Crawford’s stoppage win over Spence last year in a deal with PBC, a contractual rematch has supposedly been in the works. Many months have since passed, however, and no formal arrangements for rematch have ever been announced. According to Coppinger, Spence opted to have cataract surgery last month — a decision that has now ultimately caused the time to expire on the rematch deal with Crawford.

So now Crawford appears to be free to pursue whatever fights he so chooses with no strings specifically attached to neither a promoter nor network. Crawford had been angling for a fight against Canelo, but Canelo hadn’t been very receptive to the idea as he believes there’s no real upside for him in that kind of matchup.

We’ll now have to wait and see where Crawford looks to go next, but there’s been a lot of speculation about a move up to 154 lbs.
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight
Posts: 79653
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

He's a promotional and broadcast free boxer now.

PBC have dropped the ball with Canelo and Bud in the space of days.
apollo creed
Super Lightweight
Posts: 6853
Joined: 18 Aug 2014, 12:28

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by apollo creed »

Get Charlos and beat them.
skanksta
Cruiserweight
Posts: 14417
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 10:25

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by skanksta »

I'd like to see him to long term damage to the careers of Giyasov @ 154 or Badenoch/Rees-Mogg @ 160.
Sadly he won't fight any of those of course.

Realistically.., the only "big fights" that he'll do are Charlo or Canelo, maybe Tszyu if we're very lucky.
That's a shame, he could probably go on for years, but 1/2 of those and retirement are surely where it's at.
Cent0089
Welterweight
Posts: 2957
Joined: 03 May 2013, 13:02

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Cent0089 »

This silence from Crawford camp is just too long
girv
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 75
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 20:42

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by girv »

Agreed, if he’s going to keep fighting he needs to be a bit more active. Unless of course he was simply sitting out the rematch clause time limit.

Either way something needs to happen relatively soon.
Syntax Error
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 8621
Joined: 22 Apr 2005, 08:00

Re: So who does everyone want next for Crawford?

Post by Syntax Error »

What's happened to Ennis?

A unification for the belt he had stripped would be nice.

Ennis is also seen as the next generation to take over from Crawford and Spence too, so why not?
Post Reply