Eggington - Decision
17%

Total votes: 18

SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Re: Abass Baraou vs. Sam Eggington | CH5 - 1 March 2024

Post by SeanBrennan »

rd350lc wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 18:08
SeanBrennan wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 07:14 forgot he fought Cheeseman - has Ted retired?
Good point , seems to have disappeared.
Another all action good to watch fighter , didn't half take some shellacking in his last few fights tho .
he did, been through a lot, beat a gambling addiction, had some good insight on it after, sounds a horrific addiction. Think he has a successful building firm now. His dad is very active in the ex boxers associations, he does a lot for the sport, good to see.
wrighty
Lightweight

Post by wrighty »

What happened to Sam Webb? He was a very good light middle weight. Great skills
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

wrighty wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:31 What happened to Sam Webb? He was a very good light middle weight. Great skills
He's 42 now mate, not fought in 11 years, lost 2 of his last 3 so presume he retired. I remember him beating Eastman's brother, that fight retired Eastman as the poor sod collapsed after.
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Coco »

While Williamson is a good fighter, on his day Cheeseman would have won well, but he was already on the slide, been in some really hard fights, his win against Metcalf was a war
wrighty
Lightweight

Post by wrighty »

SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:41
wrighty wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:31 What happened to Sam Webb? He was a very good light middle weight. Great skills
He's 42 now mate, not fought in 11 years, lost 2 of his last 3 so presume he retired. I remember him beating Eastman's brother, that fight retired Eastman as the poor sod collapsed after.
fornicating hell it feels like yesterday. He just couldn't handle Prince Arron's size
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

wrighty wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 09:33
SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:41
fornicating hell it feels like yesterday. He just couldn't handle Prince Arron's size
it does doesn't it. I remember being happy when he beat Anthony Small as Small was so horrible in the build up.
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

jesus eggo been around forever !
The_Don1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by The_Don1 »

Lots of people seem to be backing Baraou, I can see it from the amount of wars Egg has been in and Baraou's amaeteur pedigree, but Baraou hasn't really lived up to the hype, in his first real step up again Jack Culcay, he was disappointing and lost, who has he actually beaten? I don't think being with the dark fraud Booth helped him much, and he's now moved on from him.

Can Baraou outbox Egg? Sure, can he outfight him? The remains to be seen, I give Egg every chance if he can take Baraou out of his rhythm, fascinating fight.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

i thought he shouldve got the decision vs culcay (for perspective, average boxrec fan score from 18 scores was 116-112 baraou), who i think is better than sam too. has the right tools to outbox sam and make him look limited

baraou-culcay also has a 100 percent controversy rating on eye on the ring, meaning no one actually scored it for culcay lol. winning scores were from 115-113 to 118-110 baraou

of course, sam has home advantage so that has to be factored in

https://www.eyeonthering.com/boxing/jac ... ass-baraou
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

exciting fight. Sometimes Egg loses fight you'd expect him to win. And other times wins against the odds. I really hope Egg wins.
The_Don1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by The_Don1 »

Yeah I saw it at the time and thought Baraou should've got the nod, but didn't feel it was conclusive against a past his peak Culcay. Baraou has beaten no-one of note since. I have yet to see him exert dominance over a credible opponent over 12 rounds. The jury is still out on him in my book, I'm open to him showing me.
jwfg
Light Flyweight

Post by jwfg »

SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 16:54 exciting fight. Sometimes Egg loses fight you'd expect him to win. And other times wins against the odds. I really hope Egg wins.
Me too. He and Jon are great guys. I think Sam's got his work cut out on Friday.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

jwfg wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 17:11
SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 16:54 exciting fight. Sometimes Egg loses fight you'd expect him to win. And other times wins against the odds. I really hope Egg wins.
Me too. He and Jon are great guys. I think Sam's got his work cut out on Friday.
I do too. Jon is one of the best souls in the sport. Very intelligent man too, writer and playwright.
The_Don1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by The_Don1 »

Peggy is a stalwart of British boxing and Birmingham boxing, I wish him and Sam well at the TIC, crowd should be raucous.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Jon's films are here if interested https://www.youtube.com/@jonpegg501/videos
The_Don1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by The_Don1 »

That's his daughter in them isn't it? Recall her being in CBBCs the dumping ground where she was featured in a boxing gym (my daughter watched it at the time, I'm not a nonce, just to clarify).
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

The_Don1 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 17:36 That's his daughter in them isn't it? Recall her being in CBBCs the dumping ground where she was featured in a boxing gym (my daughter watched it at the time, I'm not a nonce, just to clarify).
I think it is mate.
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release

Wasserman Boxing is proud to confirm that Abass Baraou has signed a new deal with the company.

The world-rated super welterweight will continue to be promoted by Wasserman Boxing, under the guidance of Kalle and Nisse Sauerland, who have been by his side since he made his professional debut in 2018.

Baraou fights for the vacant EBU European Super Welterweight title on Friday night in Telford, against Sam Eggington.

The German is ranked at No7 with the World Boxing Association and the former European Amateur Championships gold medal winner, is ready to catapult his career to new heights this week by claiming the European crown.

Abass Baraou said: “I am happy to have signed a new deal with Wasserman Boxing and to carry on my mission to become world champion with Kalle and Nisse.

“There is nobody better than Wasserman Boxing to deliver the big fights I want and that all starts on Friday night, with the European title. And with Jorge Rubio as my coach, I feel very confident in the future.

“I have some huge opportunities ahead of me on the international stage this year and my team and I have a good plan to achieve my dreams. On Friday night, I become the new European champion and officially put the world title holders on notice.”

Kalle Sauerland, Global Head of Boxing at Wasserman, said: “Everyone at Wasserman is delighted that Abass will continue to be part of Team Wass and we can’t wait to help guide the next stage of his career.

“Abass is one of the world’s best super welterweights and he begins a huge 2024 by challenging for the European Super Welterweight title in a brilliant fight with Sam Eggington on Friday night.

“Abass is a sleeping giant at 154lbs and as he moves into his prime, he is ready for any and all-comers. This year is going to be a big one for Abass as he proudly flies the flag for his country and bids to become Germany’s next world champion.”
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

The_Don1 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 17:36 That's his daughter in them isn't it? Recall her being in CBBCs the dumping ground where she was featured in a boxing gym (my daughter watched it at the time, I'm not a nonce, just to clarify).
hahaahha just re-read this re the no-nonce clarification. I once said this years ago when I applied for a job as a youth worker, told them I love kids then followed it up with "not like a paedo....although it sounds paedoey". I stopped talking then.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 04:57 Press Release

Wasserman Boxing is proud to confirm that Abass Baraou has signed a new deal with the company.

The world-rated super welterweight will continue to be promoted by Wasserman Boxing, under the guidance of Kalle and Nisse Sauerland, who have been by his side since he made his professional debut in 2018.

Baraou fights for the vacant EBU European Super Welterweight title on Friday night in Telford, against Sam Eggington.

The German is ranked at No7 with the World Boxing Association and the former European Amateur Championships gold medal winner, is ready to catapult his career to new heights this week by claiming the European crown.

Abass Baraou said: “I am happy to have signed a new deal with Wasserman Boxing and to carry on my mission to become world champion with Kalle and Nisse.

“There is nobody better than Wasserman Boxing to deliver the big fights I want and that all starts on Friday night, with the European title. And with Jorge Rubio as my coach, I feel very confident in the future.

“I have some huge opportunities ahead of me on the international stage this year and my team and I have a good plan to achieve my dreams. On Friday night, I become the new European champion and officially put the world title holders on notice.”

Kalle Sauerland, Global Head of Boxing at Wasserman, said: “Everyone at Wasserman is delighted that Abass will continue to be part of Team Wass and we can’t wait to help guide the next stage of his career.

“Abass is one of the world’s best super welterweights and he begins a huge 2024 by challenging for the European Super Welterweight title in a brilliant fight with Sam Eggington on Friday night.

“Abass is a sleeping giant at 154lbs and as he moves into his prime, he is ready for any and all-comers. This year is going to be a big one for Abass as he proudly flies the flag for his country and bids to become Germany’s next world champion.”
this is looking more and more like a very hard fight. I really like Sam, was hoping they slide him to an easy world title fight, if there is such a thing. I like Sam's honesty too, he doesn't even like boxing or watch it.
jonp
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jonp »

The_Don1 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 16:40 Lots of people seem to be backing Baraou, I can see it from the amount of wars Egg has been in and Baraou's amaeteur pedigree, but Baraou hasn't really lived up to the hype, in his first real step up again Jack Culcay, he was disappointing and lost, who has he actually beaten? I don't think being with the dark fraud Booth helped him much, and he's now moved on from him.

Can Baraou outbox Egg? Sure, can he outfight him? The remains to be seen, I give Egg every chance if he can take Baraou out of his rhythm, fascinating fight.
His fight with Carlos Molina was a lot closer than sams with the same opponent. We know its a big ask and a hard fight but we will see on the night.
Thanks for the nice comments makes a change from the lads in the gym lol
jonp
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jonp »

I was in one of those episodes as her coach lol.
wrighty
Lightweight

Post by wrighty »

SeanBrennan wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 05:57
hahaahha just re-read this re the no-nonce clarification. I once said this years ago when I applied for a job as a youth worker, told them I love kids then followed it up with "not like a paedo....although it sounds paedoey". I stopped talking then.
fornicating hell lol
wrighty
Lightweight

Post by wrighty »

I hope Sam pulls it off then retires.
TheLeprechaun
Welterweight

Post by TheLeprechaun »

Baraou was robbed vs Culcay.

I like Sam and Jon but I think hes taking a shellacking here. Fast accurate jabs will be piecing him up regularly. He has to get in there and put a hiding on Baraou or show some kind of new found boxing skills that I have yet to see in a fight. I'll pick Baraou by late stoppage