Dillian Whyte - Where does he go from here?

Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Dillian Whyte - Where does he go from here?

Post by Controversial »

Last edited by Controversial on 28 Feb 2024, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

stevec@france wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 05:48
SeanBrennan wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 16:13 Happy to answer any questions on gear having used it, abused it, produced it, imported it, made it and sold it.

I do none of these things now.
what was your reason or motivation to use it in the first place ?
Sorry for the delay Steve, just seen this. Big question, and as ever with me, a long-winded answer:

- First took them to my eternal shame in 1999 when I was in year 11 when I started training, as I wanted to get bigger and batter my father to make him leave as he was battering my mother. Took gear for 6 months, went to 15 stone and the attendant rage helped me get him out the house and he buggered off to Ireland and then prison.
- Took them again from 2011 as I picked my brother up from the gym one day, ended up training, and was on them within a week. I think this time, it was driven by ego. Wanted to get bigger and stronger.
- Then took them seriously as decided I wanted to be a strongman competitor.

Underpinning it all is probably the chronic insecurity from being a trampy kid with a gypsy father and weird background, wanting to feel in control yadda yadda. Not getting my violin out just being honest that I used them for pathetic reasons to look big and probably wanted to use it as a physical shield etc.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

and for anyone wondering, they DO shrink your testicles. You end up with goolies that look like 2 skittles in a bin bag....

you're welcome...
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

SeanBrennan wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:40 and for anyone wondering, they DO shrink your testicles. You end up with goolies that look like 2 skittles in a bin bag....

you're welcome...
:o :oo
Grilling Machine
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Grilling Machine »

Do you happen to know the T levels of your nurse mate? I've just read the UK generally considers 12 nmol/l low, and mine was 14 last time. Free calc was 0.3 which is about right for my age.

Might a patch or gel be a good idea? Any reccos on brand etc. I think I'd probably feel a benefit for getting back into the high teens, but the last endo I saw advised against TRT like I said.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Grilling Machine wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:23 Do you happen to know the T levels of your nurse mate? I've just read the UK generally considers 12 nmol/l low, and mine was 14 last time. Free calc was 0.3 which is about right for my age.

Might a patch or gel be a good idea? Any reccos on brand etc. I think I'd probably feel a benefit for getting back into the high teens, but the last endo I saw advised against TRT like I said.
His were under 8 so was low even for the most disinterested doctor. He's prescribed a testosterone enanthate now. He mainly wanted it as he felt fatigued all the time and had gone back to long distance running and was really struggling.

Re patches and gels, not my knowledge base mate. All the compounds I've bought were either UG lab made from base compounds imported to the UK, or from pharmacies in Poland, Dubai, Singapore, Iran or Thailand. I'd advise against any Polish products, I've always found whatever they put the test into, whether an alcohol or suspense compound, is not the best and gives some painful sides. I tended to use products from Globalpahrma Ltd, based in Singapore, as I had a batch tested and it was strength-wise in mg per mil, as it said on the packet, and I never got cysts, soreness or the like - unless I hit existing scar tissue in which case I got a lovely welt for a week. Use injectables for long enough and your shoulder will resemble a pack of broken biscuits in consistency, and your arse-cheek Ypres in 1918.

If there is ever a product that is branded as from the UK, just be aware it is not made in a pharmacy, it is made in someone's house/garage/industrial unit and you have zero assurance over cleanliness or preparation and production, nor the strength. You won't overdose (if that were even possible) as the buggers deliberately underdose it. Hence if you have a UK testosterone purporting to be 250mg/ml, it is likely 180-200mg/mil.

And if you ever see a compound called Test400 - ignore it. It's cited as a blend of testosterone propionate, cypionate and enanthate but is nearly always just enanthate (the cheaper part of the 'blend').

Not recommending at all - but the people who make your UK blends are not the brightest, and you can make it yourself. They merely import the base product from China or Middle East, and then mix it with the liquid that holds the gear in it.

The biggest increase in recent years has not been the change in ingredient price, it's been the increase in pallet price shipping it to the UK.
stevec@france
Bantamweight

Post by stevec@france »

SeanBrennan wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:39
SeanBrennan wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 16:13 Happy to answer any questions on gear having used it, abused it, produced it, imported it, made it and sold it.

I do none of these things now.
Sorry for the delay Steve, just seen this. Big question, and as ever with me, a long-winded answer:

- First took them to my eternal shame in 1999 when I was in year 11 when I started training, as I wanted to get bigger and batter my father to make him leave as he was battering my mother. Took gear for 6 months, went to 15 stone and the attendant rage helped me get him out the house and he buggered off to Ireland and then prison.
- Took them again from 2011 as I picked my brother up from the gym one day, ended up training, and was on them within a week. I think this time, it was driven by ego. Wanted to get bigger and stronger.

Well I am glad you looked after your mum :TU: :TU: :TU:

I had a few mates who were into BB / doorwork and saw first hand enough weird character behaviours and on one lad a huge amount of scarring on his back due to acne caused by taking gear which kind scared me off it so I just stuck to doing gym work to stay fit and strong - not trying to be any bigger or anything .

Cant comment on their ball bags tho !
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

stevec@france wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 14:24
SeanBrennan wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:39

Well I am glad you looked after your mum :TU: :TU: :TU:

I had a few mates who were into BB / doorwork and saw first hand enough weird character behaviours and on one lad a huge amount of scarring on his back due to acne caused by taking gear which kind scared me off it so I just stuck to doing gym work to stay fit and strong - not trying to be any bigger or anything .

Cant comment on their ball bags tho !
hahahahaaha I can guess from afar that they became decidedly Skittleish. Good on you for not taking it and I mean that. I never got acne from it which surprised me as I got it as a teenager. What I also forgot to mention is the impact on hair. I was always a baldy type in terms of bodyhair, but it turned me into a chimp (I don't mean flinging poo and a really pink arse). It is massively annoying, especially in summer as you look like a trampy version of Wolverine. Perhaps Tramporine. And some compounds make your head hair fall out crazily, depending on how you react to certain compounds. There is one called masteron that made my hair fall out in clumps, I remember being horrified in the shower. At best you end up with the picket fence hairline.

All in all I'm a stunning 39 year old. Tiny balls, hairier than Chewbacca, gyno and a hairline that looks like it has a phobia of my forehead.

You live, you learn...and save on shampoo.

And thanks re my mother, she's 73 this year and the kindest soul ever.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 15:44

All in all I'm a stunning 39 year old. Tiny balls, hairier than Chewbacca, gyno and a hairline that looks like it has a phobia of my forehead.
:lol:
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Controversial wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 18:30

you mock, you wait til they remake The Goonies and need a new Sloth. I'll be a Hollywood star. A star I tells you, a star!

Hey you guys!!!!
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 18:56

you mock, you wait til they remake The Goonies and need a new Sloth. I'll be a Hollywood star. A star I tells you, a star!

Hey you guys!!!!
I didn’t think of that. You will need a body double, where do I sign up for my meds lol
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Controversial wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 18:58
SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 18:56

Hey you guys!!!!
I didn’t think of that. You will need a body double, where do I sign up for my meds lol
hahahhaa.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

SeanBrennan wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:15

Others go away due to other illegal activities such as former Britain's Strongest Man Jimmy Marku

Others get bad health issues like Darren Sadler, he retired and now runs the main comps Giants Live.

I remember Marku, I didn’t realise he was jailed! What happened to Sadler, you still see him on the TV in the WSM but in the background. How about Mark Westaby, did you know him, he was about around 2010, he looked good but was a late starter to the sport and didn’t seem to hang about for long.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Controversial wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 14:30

Others go away due to other illegal activities such as former Britain's Strongest Man Jimmy Marku

Others get bad health issues like Darren Sadler, he retired and now runs the main comps Giants Live.

I remember Marku, I didn’t realise he was jailed! What happened to Sadler, you still see him on the TV in the WSM but in the background. How about Mark Westaby, did you know him, he was about around 2010, he looked good but was a late starter to the sport and didn’t seem to hang about for long.
I liked Marku as a competitor, strong fella. He got cauught with £66k worth of cannbis https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -boot.html - that was in 2011. He then clearly learned his lesson by moving into people smuggling in 2019 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... maran.html.

I saw Marku in a gym a few years ago looking like he was working as a builder or something similar as he had site gear on.

Sadler suffered kidney failure, had a replacement, from a family member iirc. His gym in Boroughbridge is one of the best gyms I've ever been in. He has actually competed since the transplant, which is lunacy to me but it's his body. But he mainly runs Giants Live with Colin Bryce these days.

Mark Westaby, you have a good memory mate. He is possibly the naturally strongest fella who ever competed. He was a farmer and saw a comp when he was 38 entered it and won! Loved watching him compete, got to WSM twice. Never a full time strongman either.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Mark never juiced at all btw - just a freak of nature. Proper nice Yorkshireman.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

SeanBrennan wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:02

I liked Marku as a competitor, strong fella. He got cauught with £66k worth of cannbis https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -boot.html - that was in 2011. He then clearly learned his lesson by moving into people smuggling in 2019 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... maran.html.

I saw Marku in a gym a few years ago looking like he was working as a builder or something similar as he had site gear on.

Sadler suffered kidney failure, had a replacement, from a family member iirc. His gym in Boroughbridge is one of the best gyms I've ever been in. He has actually competed since the transplant, which is lunacy to me but it's his body. But he mainly runs Giants Live with Colin Bryce these days.

Mark Westaby, you have a good memory mate. He is possibly the naturally strongest fella who ever competed. He was a farmer and saw a comp when he was 38 entered it and won! Loved watching him compete, got to WSM twice. Never a full time strongman either.
Yeah Westaby was good, huge from what I remember. I recall him being a farmer and saying that he built up his strength naturally from lugging bales of hay around and manual labour. I assume he just lost interest or got injured?
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Controversial wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:54

Yeah Westaby was good, huge from what I remember. I recall him being a farmer and saying that he built up his strength naturally from lugging bales of hay around and manual labour. I assume he just lost interest or got injured?
He competed up to 2010 by which time he was 45, so competed for 7 years. I think he just retired as he was 45 by then mate. I don't recall any injuries per se.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

SeanBrennan wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:56
Controversial wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:54

He competed up to 2010 by which time he was 45, so competed for 7 years. I think he just retired as he was 45 by then mate. I don't recall any injuries per se.
Ah ok I didn't realise he was about that long, thanks.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

anytime mate
Gran Hermano
Featherweight

Post by Gran Hermano »

SeanBrennan wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:40 and for anyone wondering, they DO shrink your testicles. You end up with goolies that look like 2 skittles in a bin bag....

you're welcome...
Prove it....please?
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

not that type of forum thankfully.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

I talk bollocks I don't show them
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Dillian is back
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Forgive my naivety on this subject … is the most effective way of masKing peds using a drip?

I am astonished that Dillian is coming back.?

If he is surely. That makes the BBBofC not fit for purpose.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Spud wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 14:03 Forgive my naivety on this subject … is the most effective way of masKing peds using a drip?

I am astonished that Dillian is coming back.?

If he is surely. That makes the BBBofC not fit for purpose.
to be honest I think your comment on silent bans is likely accurate here.

regarding how to mask PEDS, there are a variety of things you can use. Diuretics are common, hence you'll see people pop for things like lasix or fuoresmide. Plasma expanders are effective too. Probenecid too, which is bizarrely typically used as a treatment for gout. EDTA is used too.

There are also compounds you can take that will affect the composition of the compound PED and get you a clean test.