Dillian Whyte - Where does he go from here?

Grilling Machine
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Dillian Whyte - Where does he go from here?

Post by Grilling Machine »

SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:36His were under 8 so was low even for the most disinterested doctor.
Thanks for the info Sean. I don't have any real sides so I was probably just a bit paranoid about a low number.

I've just read our T reduces by evening, and I had my last bloods early morning to go to bed after a night. I'll keep that in mind and try for a peak result some time this year.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

SeanBrennan wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 19:05
Spud wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 14:03 Forgive my naivety on this subject … is the most effective way of masKing peds using a drip?

I am astonished that Dillian is coming back.?

If he is surely. That makes the BBBofC not fit for purpose.
to be honest I think your comment on silent bans is likely accurate here.

regarding how to mask PEDS, there are a variety of things you can use. Diuretics are common, hence you'll see people pop for things like lasix or fuoresmide. Plasma expanders are effective too. Probenecid too, which is bizarrely typically used as a treatment for gout. EDTA is used too.

There are also compounds you can take that will affect the composition of the compound PED and get you a clean test.
I know someone who regularly used a drip and i wondered why but eventually I twigged and was totally devastated/Upset

Concerning your comment concerning silent bans I wasnt the first to suggest it but when I thought about it wasnt such a far fetched suggestion.

Another question for you, do you think people are far too hysterical about the use of peds in sport?

Do you think ped bans should be ditched
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

I have another question for the whole forum

Do you think people who know of people who took peds and did not do anything about it are just as guilt?

Or is it up to the governing bodies to catch people
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Spud wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 09:26
SeanBrennan wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 19:05
Spud wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 14:03 Forgive my naivety on this subject … is the most effective way of masKing peds using a drip?

I am astonished that Dillian is coming back.?

If he is surely. That makes the BBBofC not fit for purpose.
to be honest I think your comment on silent bans is likely accurate here.

regarding how to mask PEDS, there are a variety of things you can use. Diuretics are common, hence you'll see people pop for things like lasix or fuoresmide. Plasma expanders are effective too. Probenecid too, which is bizarrely typically used as a treatment for gout. EDTA is used too.

There are also compounds you can take that will affect the composition of the compound PED and get you a clean test.
I know someone who regularly used a drip and i wondered why but eventually I twigged and was totally devastated/Upset

Concerning your comment concerning silent bans I wasnt the first to suggest it but when I thought about it wasnt such a far fetched suggestion.

Another question for you, do you think people are far too hysterical about the use of peds in sport?

Do you think ped bans should be ditched
For me no, I am not in favour of them in boxing, as you're getting stronger in a sport where you can hurt the other person. In other sports, you're only going to hurt yourself. Not that I support them in those sports.

Be interesting to see how this enhanced games go, where there are a variety of sports and people are allowed to use whatever gear they like.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Spud wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 09:39 I have another question for the whole forum

Do you think people who know of people who took peds and did not do anything about it are just as guilt?

Or is it up to the governing bodies to catch people
that is a tough one. Complicity is a big old question. One to mull over I think.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

What a great thread … thoroughly enjoyed reading the informative answers
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

me too
handsofstone
Super Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

So Whyte's been cleared then? Contaminated supplement, gee whiz, this pudenda had more contaminations than Chernobyl
Ruthless-RKO
Super Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

joshj909
Featherweight

Post by joshj909 »

Everyone seems to have the perfect excuse.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 10:46
So the commission where the licence is held investigates it? That probably explains why he holds a Texas licence
Boxerbeetle
Middleweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

Boxing really is such a joke, isn't it.
handsofstone
Super Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with Shalom
maverick23
Super Middleweight

Post by maverick23 »

handsofstone wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:42 Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with Shalom
I was thinking that but what can Shalom offer him?

He’s not a big star anymore. His fight against Franklin sold poorly and then we had the drugs stuff last year.

He’s no longer a PPV fighter unless he’s in with the very top fighters.
jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

He’s got Thomas Carty, Fabio Wardley and Alen ‘The Cabbage’ Babic under his management so he can offer Ben Shalom a lot.
handsofstone
Super Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

maverick23 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:04
handsofstone wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:42 Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with Shalom

He’s not a big star anymore. His fight against Franklin sold poorly and then we had the drugs stuff last year.

Bakole??
maverick23
Super Middleweight

Post by maverick23 »

handsofstone wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:26
maverick23 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:04

Bakole??
Good fight but it’s not a PPV headliner in my opinion. Would be cracking on a Saudi undercard though.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Good call
Monzon83
Super Bantamweight

Post by Monzon83 »

jameswilson wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:11 He’s got Thomas Carty, Fabio Wardley and Alen ‘The Cabbage’ Babic under his management so he can offer Ben Shalom a lot.
The fact the steroid junkie, his idiot brother and their goon squad are managing any fighters is a good reason why boxing lacks any credibility.

It’s a ridiculous state of affairs.
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Grilling Machine wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 23:05
SeanBrennan wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:36His were under 8 so was low even for the most disinterested doctor.
Thanks for the info Sean. I don't have any real sides so I was probably just a bit paranoid about a low number.

I've just read our T reduces by evening, and I had my last bloods early morning to go to bed after a night. I'll keep that in mind and try for a peak result some time this year.
sorry mate just seen this. Hope it gets sorted and your test levels get to where you want them to be. Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions you have, always happy to help where I can
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Monzon83 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 14:48
jameswilson wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:11 He’s got Thomas Carty, Fabio Wardley and Alen ‘The Cabbage’ Babic under his management so he can offer Ben Shalom a lot.
The fact the steroid junkie, his idiot brother and their goon squad are managing any fighters is a good reason why boxing lacks any credibility.

It’s a ridiculous state of affairs.
Riakpohre thought wiser and left them, think there was some legal wranglings that caused a delay in him fighting.
Grilling Machine
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Grilling Machine »

SeanBrennan wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 15:49sorry mate just seen this. Hope it gets sorted and your test levels get to where you want them to be. Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions you have, always happy to help where I can
Thanks mate. If it turns out I'm dropping to 14 but closer to 20 out of bed, I'm fine with that. I'm only hoping for higher numbers for general good health, not performance.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:36 Boxing really is such a joke, isn't it.
Yep😡
SeanBrennan
Flyweight

Post by SeanBrennan »

Grilling Machine wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 22:57
SeanBrennan wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 15:49sorry mate just seen this. Hope it gets sorted and your test levels get to where you want them to be. Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions you have, always happy to help where I can
Thanks mate. If it turns out I'm dropping to 14 but closer to 20 out of bed, I'm fine with that. I'm only hoping for higher numbers for general good health, not performance.
best reason. My friend at the gym who also had low test/has lower test swears by green tea as it is meant to boost circulating levels of test and reduce its excretion. I've not done any reading on this though so just sharing.

I'd rather low test than green tea, the wife tries to sneak it in me!