ALL MANAGERS, PLEASE READ and OFFER INPUT Regarding upcoming title options.

BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

ALL MANAGERS, PLEASE READ and OFFER INPUT Regarding upcoming title options.

Post by BoxBuzz »

Statistics do not begin to compile until week 6., and they will be sparse, and with many "ties". So may I suggest we wait until at least event #7 to discuss titles and set up eliminators? There will be less chance for 50/50 happenstances at the end of an odd numbered week.

Also....Do we want all the belts engaged? Or just some? WBO, WBC, WBA, IBF and IBO are all included in the game. We could hand one of these organizations to some manager who could choose to go rogue, and act like most organization due with much bias and corruption....OR we can just hand them all over the software database to determine it's own set of determinates.

The lineal title has a life of it's own, and will require some strategery. I'm thinking all managers may vie for the shot, when it becomes available. And I have a plan as to just how to determine which fighter will be determined to be "worthy" of the first shot. Within my plan includes each manager having a say about it. I'll reveal the method when we determine which week we are going to begin the various title hunts. Once the lineal title is held, it will be up to the current champion as to what to do with it and who to defend it against. Unless of course such fighter concurrently owns a belt, in which case the fighter on occasion would be faced with a mandatory to keep that specific belt along with Lonsdale honors.

The belts will be managed rather dutifully. However.....The Lonsdale champion will be on the honor system re the lineal which means we will be at the mercy of the various unique personalities within our group. And yeah, you could play keep away.....but you will be scorned for such dishonorable behavior. And will likely be chastized, villified, and perhaps even cancelled if your behavior does not please the general public.

speak your piece here. Or STFU, and let folks like me and crease make all the decisions. IN which case, a splendid time is guaranteed for all!

Once these very important decisions are made, I will attempt to clearly make them known to all, in a well advertised thread.

Capiche?
armageto
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: ALL MANAGERS, PLEASE READ and OFFER INPUT Regarding upcoming title options.

Post by armageto »

Waiting until week 7 is fine by me.

As far as the belts, our old format seemed to work. I don't see any reason to stray too far from that.
NazNaci1
Cruiserweight

Post by NazNaci1 »

The idea of, say the IBO, being handled by a manager is intriguing and could lead to all manner of scenario's ranging from randomness, bias etc to honourable and respected. Setting the 'rules' for this could be Interesting.

Then again, do we want to over complicate things by having another, 3rd, Commish of sorts, overseeing their 'small patch'?

As always, would be good to get some feedback from the other 'Stables' and read their thoughts.

No complaints if left as is, for me.
NoScoutingReports
Featherweight

Post by NoScoutingReports »

Happy to wait until week 7, get all of the belts involved :D
armageto
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by armageto »

If people were up to it, we could keep the IBO simple. Buzz could message me the weekly ratings, and I could use that to base my own rankings of the IBO. We could keep the rules the same, etc, so less chances of the software catching fire.

So basically I'd have my own IBO rankings and random mandatory fights set up.
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

armageto wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 20:16 If people were up to it, we could keep the IBO simple. Buzz could message me the weekly ratings, and I could use that to base my own rankings of the IBO. We could keep the rules the same, etc, so less chances of the software catching fire.

So basically I'd have my own IBO rankings and random mandatory fights set up.
Whoever ran it, would be free to be as honorable or as dishonorable as any real life organization....could rationalize, or just be petty. You know like in real life. Fully independent. I do think there is another person interested....so we could even have two independent organizations. Chaos is to be honored and respected. Besides even if we have two manager run orgs.....we would still have a hard core of three locked in organizations for those who like traditional fair and squareness using the tried and true algorithms that have kept society pacified for ages.. .

I've never feared chaos.....I find it forces folks to become more savy in life. Plus it allows me to bitch and moan.

But it would take a bit of blood sweat and tears and a dedicated thread that would require the volunteer to tend to. It may be more work than it's worth. Just sayin'.
armageto
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by armageto »

I don't know if two managed orgs would be too many for a fair season for everybody?

If this other person runs one of the ABC's, that is ok. If not, I'll take over the IBO. Or we could co-manager the organization together.

All I would need is for you to send me the IBO ratings every week, just to give me an idea how the see it. I'd adjust the ratings off that from my opinion of the season so far.
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

There is a press release coming very soon and their may be a poll in it