Page 2 of 2

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 16:56
by yancey
Don't forget "The Chin."

One of my favorites.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 16:59
by Collins2000
Vincent "The Chin" Gigante


Image


Image

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:01
by Collins2000
Image

Dirty Rats

JOSEPH MASSINO--Massino became the first sitting boss in Mafia history to turn informant. The longtime head of the Bonnano family, Massino was notoriously security conscious, instructing his subordinates to refer to him merely by tugging on their earlobe.

Things started to go bad for Joe when his brother-in-law and underboss, Salvatore “Good Looking Sal” Vitale, testified against him. Shortly after his 2004 conviction on racketeering charges that would have put him in prison for life, Massino decided to become an informant. He taped his underlings in prison threatening to kill a prosecutor.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:02
by yancey
One more, Collins, if you don't mind. (I am a complete doofus on a computer, need help)

Carlo Gambino, the Boss of Bosses.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:08
by Collins2000
Carlo Gambino

Young


Image

Old

Image

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:10
by ThatOne

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:15
by yancey
Collins2000 wrote:Carlo Gambino

Young


Image

Old

Image
Looks like a kindly old gentleman in that hat, but definitely not to be messed with.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:22
by Collins2000
yancey wrote:
Collins2000 wrote: Looks like a kindly old gentleman in that hat, but definitely not to be messed with.
Same with Jimmy The Weasel. He looks like a favourite uncle yet he was a cold-blooded killer.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 16:30
by Collins2000
The old-fashioned straight edge razor was the weapon of choice among Britain's gangsters until fairly recently.

It could send a chilling message to both the recipient and those coming into contact with him later.


Image

Jack 'Spot' Comer, the self-styled King of Soho, showing the scar on his face after a violent incident. (Photo by Bob Haswell/Getty Images)

Image

20th July 1956: British gangster Tommy Falco showing the scar on his arm after a violent incident, in which Jack 'Spot' Comer, the alleged head of gangland London in the fifties, was also injured. (Photo by Alan Meek/Express/Getty Images)

Image

The weapon

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 16:59
by Collins2000
First ever "mugshots" of The Twins

Image

Reggie

Image

Ronnie

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 18:55
by yancey
"Take the stone from my shoe"

Carlos "the Little Man" Marcello, New Orleans Boss, possible figure of interest in the JFK hit.

p.s. a bumper sticker in a long ago Louisiana Governor's race read.....

"Elect Carlos Marcello Governor---Eliminate the Middle Man"

:D

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 18:59
by yancey
Collins2000 wrote:The old-fashioned straight edge razor was the weapon of choice among Britain's gangsters until fairly recently.

It could send a chilling message to both the recipient and those coming into contact with him later.


Image

Jack 'Spot' Comer, the self-styled King of Soho, showing the scar on his face after a violent incident. (Photo by Bob Haswell/Getty Images)

Image

20th July 1956: British gangster Tommy Falco showing the scar on his arm after a violent incident, in which Jack 'Spot' Comer, the alleged head of gangland London in the fifties, was also injured. (Photo by Alan Meek/Express/Getty Images)

Image

The weapon

I'd take that over being chopped up and found floating in a barrel in Biscayne Bay. (Johnny Roselli's fate, alledgely as punishment for being too forthcoming before a Senate committee looking into the JFK assassination)

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 05 Mar 2010, 02:02
by Expug
Great stuff here Collins.
Hey, did all of you here know that Vinnie the Chin was a pro fighter?
His record is in the database here at boxrec.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 05 Mar 2010, 18:48
by BoxBuzz
yancey wrote:"Take the stone from my shoe"

Carlos "the Little Man" Marcello, New Orleans Boss, possible figure of interest in the JFK hit.

p.s. a bumper sticker in a long ago Louisiana Governor's race read.....

"Elect Carlos Marcello Governor---Eliminate the Middle Man"

:D
My god yancey I knew of this! I have seen the bumper sticker, that's no rumor. Now it will drive me crazy unless I can figure out just what race it occured in. Can you give me the general fix on the timelines? 50's? 60's? the 70's seems to late...but possibly I suppose. I may have a pic of a car with said bumper sticker, I recall having a conversation with my dad regarding said picture and it may well be in the family inventory somewhere.

Re: Name that tune

Posted: 05 Mar 2010, 21:20
by yancey
BoxBuzz wrote:
yancey wrote:"Take the stone from my shoe"

Carlos "the Little Man" Marcello, New Orleans Boss, possible figure of interest in the JFK hit.

p.s. a bumper sticker in a long ago Louisiana Governor's race read.....

"Elect Carlos Marcello Governor---Eliminate the Middle Man"

:D
My god yancey I knew of this! I have seen the bumper sticker, that's no rumor. Now it will drive me crazy unless I can figure out just what race it occured in. Can you give me the general fix on the timelines? 50's? 60's? the 70's seems to late...but possibly I suppose. I may have a pic of a car with said bumper sticker, I recall having a conversation with my dad regarding said picture and it may well be in the family inventory somewhere.
BB,

I believe it was the 1967 Louisiana governor's race. Incumbent John McKeithen won reelection. One of his big themes was building a domed sports stadium in New Orleans for a very reasonable pricetag of 35 million. (which turned out to be more like 200 million, early 70's dollars) and taking WAY longer than expected to complete. Since it was built, hundred of millions have been spent for perodic renovations, with more renovations scheduled.

Oh well, I guess the Louisiana Superdome was worth it for a lot of events, but I strongly believe in open-air stadiums and natural grass for football.