Page 2 of 2

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 08:29
by Impractical Poster
Tanzio wrote:
ValMar wrote:
Tanzio wrote: Lomassiah fought Marriaga at sfeather the other night, ValMar, not JMM, Pac, Morales, FMJ, or Barrera, ffs.
I am not religious, but there is no other way except praying to see more competitive fights at 130 (or 126, 122, etc...)....
You are sounding like the old FMJ zombie acolytes who believe that FMJ would have beaten everyone he never fought. Lomassiah has unfinished business at 130. If he legitimately can't get them in the ring it is understandable why he would move up. If Berchelt, Corralles, GTank and Vargas will fight him, he should prove the invincibility you have deemed him.
The guy has had 10 pro fights. Has already won titles in 2 divisions. Completely dominated Russell and Walters and fought very good competition thus far, and he still gets crap that he hasn't proved himself or needs to step it up....lol

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 08:45
by ValMar
Impractical Poster wrote:
Tanzio wrote:
ValMar wrote:
I am not religious, but there is no other way except praying to see more competitive fights at 130 (or 126, 122, etc...)....
You are sounding like the old FMJ zombie acolytes who believe that FMJ would have beaten everyone he never fought. Lomassiah has unfinished business at 130. If he legitimately can't get them in the ring it is understandable why he would move up. If Berchelt, Corralles, GTank and Vargas will fight him, he should prove the invincibility you have deemed him.
The guy has had 10 pro fights. Has already won titles in 2 divisions. Completely dominated Russell and Walters and fought very good competition thus far, and he still gets crap that he hasn't proved himself or needs to step it up....lol
Yes, he completely dominated his opponents. Is Berchelt better than Walters ? I don't think so, etc...etc...
I can not see the sense of watching Lomachenko at 130, I have to repeat : there is only one worthy fight for Loma - Mikey at 135..........

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 08:57
by ElJefe
If they were the same size and a similar age it'd be an incredible boxing match. Just in terms of skill Rigo might be the best in the world. But in reality, Loma is 7 years younger and 2 weight classes bigger. Rigo isn't even big at 122, he could probably drop down to Bantamweight. Lomachenko on the other hand looks like a good sized, strong Super Featherweight. I thought he looked a division bigger than Marriaga at the weekend so I'd expect him to completely dwarf Rigo.

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 09:00
by Tanzio
Impractical Poster wrote:
Tanzio wrote:
ValMar wrote:
I am not religious, but there is no other way except praying to see more competitive fights at 130 (or 126, 122, etc...)....
You are sounding like the old FMJ zombie acolytes who believe that FMJ would have beaten everyone he never fought. Lomassiah has unfinished business at 130. If he legitimately can't get them in the ring it is understandable why he would move up. If Berchelt, Corralles, GTank and Vargas will fight him, he should prove the invincibility you have deemed him.
The guy has had 10 pro fights. Has already won titles in 2 divisions. Completely dominated Russell and Walters and fought very good competition thus far, and he still gets crap that he hasn't proved himself or needs to step it up....lol
:stop: I am not saying "he has to step it up." I am also not ready to grant him victories in absentia over everyone in his current weight class when two of his three fights in that class have been v feathers who had recently moved up.

I am not interested in granting him victories by assumption. I am impressed by his talent and accomplishments, but I am not a worshipper. Lomassiah does not rule the Sfeather division.

I suppose Hitman Jr could just skip the unification of 140 and most would claim he was justified to just move up and not bother with The Indongo. But Hitman Jr is doing it right. He is proving it in the ring where anything can happen.

If Berchelt, GTank and Corrales refuse to fight that is one thing. Assuming the victories is another thing.

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 09:00
by littlepug
ElJefe wrote:If they were the same size and a similar age it'd be an incredible boxing match. Just in terms of skill Rigo might be the best in the world. But in reality, Loma is 7 years younger and 2 weight classes bigger. Rigo isn't even big at 122, he could probably drop down to Bantamweight. Lomachenko on the other hand looks like a good sized, strong Super Featherweight. I thought he looked a division bigger than Marriaga at the weekend so I'd expect him to completely dwarf Rigo.
yeah its a non issue so no point even thinking about it

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 09:12
by Tanzio
ValMar wrote:
Impractical Poster wrote:
Tanzio wrote: You are sounding like the old FMJ zombie acolytes who believe that FMJ would have beaten everyone he never fought. Lomassiah has unfinished business at 130. If he legitimately can't get them in the ring it is understandable why he would move up. If Berchelt, Corralles, GTank and Vargas will fight him, he should prove the invincibility you have deemed him.
The guy has had 10 pro fights. Has already won titles in 2 divisions. Completely dominated Russell and Walters and fought very good competition thus far, and he still gets crap that he hasn't proved himself or needs to step it up....lol
Yes, he completely dominated his opponents. Is Berchelt better than Walters ? I don't think so, etc...etc...
I can not see the sense of watching Lomachenko at 130, I have to repeat : there is only one worthy fight for Loma - Mikey at 135..........
You make my point for me. You have proclaimed by assumption that no one is "worthy" of a fight with Lomassiah at 130. Thank goodness Crawford has not deemed the entirety of the 140 pound division unworthy. On the contrary, we are being blessed with a 140 unification bout as a showcase of Hitman Jr's talents.

Most do not give The Indongo much of a chance, if any, but he is getting his chance to prove us all wrong. That is how it should be in boxing.

You have become a oblivious and shameless Lomacolyte. :OhYes:

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 09:52
by ValMar
Tanzio wrote:
ValMar wrote:
Impractical Poster wrote: The guy has had 10 pro fights. Has already won titles in 2 divisions. Completely dominated Russell and Walters and fought very good competition thus far, and he still gets crap that he hasn't proved himself or needs to step it up....lol
Yes, he completely dominated his opponents. Is Berchelt better than Walters ? I don't think so, etc...etc...
I can not see the sense of watching Lomachenko at 130, I have to repeat : there is only one worthy fight for Loma - Mikey at 135..........
You make my point for me. You have proclaimed by assumption that no one is "worthy" of a fight with Lomassiah at 130. Thank goodness Crawford has not deemed the entirety of the 140 pound division unworthy. On the contrary, we are being blessed with a 140 unification bout as a showcase of Hitman Jr's talents.

Most do not give The Indongo much of a chance, if any, but he is getting his chance to prove us all wrong. That is how it should be in boxing.

You have become a oblivious and shameless Lomacolyte. :OhYes:
Tanzio, I am trying to be realistic, I am no more interested to follow Loma at 130.
Again and again -----I would like that I am wrong, but Loma makes all his rivals looking like novices------I don't like it, but it is true-------

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 11:00
by Tanzio
ValMar wrote:
Tanzio wrote:
ValMar wrote:
Yes, he completely dominated his opponents. Is Berchelt better than Walters ? I don't think so, etc...etc...
I can not see the sense of watching Lomachenko at 130, I have to repeat : there is only one worthy fight for Loma - Mikey at 135..........
You make my point for me. You have proclaimed by assumption that no one is "worthy" of a fight with Lomassiah at 130. Thank goodness Crawford has not deemed the entirety of the 140 pound division unworthy. On the contrary, we are being blessed with a 140 unification bout as a showcase of Hitman Jr's talents.

Most do not give The Indongo much of a chance, if any, but he is getting his chance to prove us all wrong. That is how it should be in boxing.

You have become a oblivious and shameless Lomacolyte. :OhYes:
Tanzio, I am trying to be realistic, I am no more interested to follow Loma at 130.
Again and again -----I would like that I am wrong, but Loma makes all his rivals looking like novices------I don't like it, but it is true-------
ValMar, he has not fought any of the top Sfeathers, yet. How can you be "no more interested to follow Loma at 130?" He does not rule 130.

If they won't fight him, fine. I am very interested in Lomassiah v Berchelt or GTank.

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 12:38
by ValMar
Tanzio wrote:
ValMar wrote:
Tanzio wrote: You make my point for me. You have proclaimed by assumption that no one is "worthy" of a fight with Lomassiah at 130. Thank goodness Crawford has not deemed the entirety of the 140 pound division unworthy. On the contrary, we are being blessed with a 140 unification bout as a showcase of Hitman Jr's talents.

Most do not give The Indongo much of a chance, if any, but he is getting his chance to prove us all wrong. That is how it should be in boxing.

You have become a oblivious and shameless Lomacolyte. :OhYes:
Tanzio, I am trying to be realistic, I am no more interested to follow Loma at 130.
Again and again -----I would like that I am wrong, but Loma makes all his rivals looking like novices------I don't like it, but it is true-------
ValMar, he has not fought any of the top Sfeathers, yet. How can you be "no more interested to follow Loma at 130?" He does not rule 130.

If they won't fight him, fine. I am very interested in Lomassiah v Berchelt or GTank.
I hope you are right that there are some competititve fights for Loma at 130, I hope, but I do not believe. :TU:

Re: Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Posted: 11 Aug 2017, 22:36
by Mexi-Box
I would love to see it. It would be a complete waste to see Rigondeaux spend the rest of his career fighting these average dudes at SBW when he could take the most meaningful fight of his career against Lomachenko and go down swinging. Rigondeaux is getting close to the point where he's going to get old overnight and lose to a complete average Joe at SBW. It's better to have him fight Lomachenko in a fight that could skyrocket his stock if he somehow manages to win.