35%

Total votes: 137

JackSprocket
Super Flyweight

Re: Errol Spence Jr. vs. Terence Crawford | Showtime PPV - July 29, 2023

Post by JackSprocket »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 28 May 2023, 17:30
JackSprocket wrote: 28 May 2023, 17:16 Thats a cool poster though
That’s basically all PBC posters by default.
Yes but Spence and Bud look good out there
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

Bandog wrote: 27 May 2023, 19:18
NateJR wrote: 26 May 2023, 14:45 People talking outta their asses saying they arent excited for this fight. They lost interest, blah, blah, blah. All the talk about not watching the fight, just fuckin stop lol.

I remember this same talk with Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and that fight took longer to make than this one. They were older than these guys, they weren't both undefeated and it wasn't for the undisputed title. That fight went on to be the highest selling PPV in boxing history at a whopping $100 to watch it on PPV.

If you're not excited about this fight, then honestly there's not much to get excited about in boxing for you. It doesn't get bigger than this. You just don't get 2 top P4P fighters who are still undefeated, fighting for the undisputed title ever. You just don't see that shit.

There's nothing wrong with the timing of this fight. It's right on time to be honest, there should be no excuses for either guy after that final bell rings.
Well said. I admit I am one with frustration, but am so pumped it's happening.

I got Spence by late TKO, or UD unless Crawford can get a sneaky hard punch in like he did with Porter. Aint over til it's over. Aside from that punch from T Craw, Spence basically beats him up like he did Ugas.

Crawford is a young, healthy 35 or 36. No wars to age him prematurely like Porter.

Spence is prime age but activity may cause him to show rust early. He's busy enough to win by UD, but we'll see how much dog Bud has.
if spence is just gonna beat him up easy work then it doesn't really sound that exciting, i mean at least let's get a competitive fight ffs :lol:
Bandog
Bantamweight

Post by Bandog »

margaret thatcher wrote: 28 May 2023, 17:42
Bandog wrote: 27 May 2023, 19:18
NateJR wrote: 26 May 2023, 14:45 People talking outta their asses saying they arent excited for this fight. They lost interest, blah, blah, blah. All the talk about not watching the fight, just fuckin stop lol.

I remember this same talk with Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and that fight took longer to make than this one. They were older than these guys, they weren't both undefeated and it wasn't for the undisputed title. That fight went on to be the highest selling PPV in boxing history at a whopping $100 to watch it on PPV.

If you're not excited about this fight, then honestly there's not much to get excited about in boxing for you. It doesn't get bigger than this. You just don't get 2 top P4P fighters who are still undefeated, fighting for the undisputed title ever. You just don't see that shit.

There's nothing wrong with the timing of this fight. It's right on time to be honest, there should be no excuses for either guy after that final bell rings.
Well said. I admit I am one with frustration, but am so pumped it's happening.

I got Spence by late TKO, or UD unless Crawford can get a sneaky hard punch in like he did with Porter. Aint over til it's over. Aside from that punch from T Craw, Spence basically beats him up like he did Ugas.

Crawford is a young, healthy 35 or 36. No wars to age him prematurely like Porter.

Spence is prime age but activity may cause him to show rust early. He's busy enough to win by UD, but we'll see how much dog Bud has.
if spence is just gonna beat him up easy work then it doesn't really sound that exciting, i mean at least let's get a competitive fight ffs :lol:
The exciting part is Crawford's skill level, and how he hides his shots, suddenly hitting the other guy with something he doesn't see coming. The Porter fight was close until it was over. Spence was hurt by Ugas, (his own stupid mistake). Crawford will finish him if he gets the same chance.
Yuzo
Lightweight

Post by Yuzo »

Bandog wrote: 28 May 2023, 18:50Spence was hurt by Ugas, (his own stupid mistake). Crawford will finish him if he gets the same chance.
that was how eddie mustafa muhammad knocked out lotte mwale.

Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Evander »

You came through for us Ruthless, you were right in the end :TU:
So when do the tickets go on sale is my next question ?
Love to go to this fight, what a night this is going to be, I'm super excited about it :box:
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Evander wrote: 29 May 2023, 23:40 You came through for us Ruthless, you were right in the end :TU:
Love to go to this fight, what a night this is going to be, I'm super excited about it :box:
I reckon they'll do a launch presser first and then tickets will go on sale from there,

We about 9 weeks out.

Now we just gotta wait for them to announce tickets. :roll:
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Evander »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 30 May 2023, 03:16
Evander wrote: 29 May 2023, 23:40 You came through for us Ruthless, you were right in the end :TU:
I reckon they'll do a launch presser first and then tickets will go on sale from there,

We about 9 weeks out.

PPV will be $100
goose 5
Super Bantamweight

Post by goose 5 »

Steep but maybe there will be a decent undercard.
Syntax Error
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Syntax Error »

Evander wrote: 30 May 2023, 03:30
I reckon they'll do a launch presser first and then tickets will go on sale from ther Ie,

We about 9 weeks out.

PPV will be $100
I feel for my American brethren when it comes to boxing PPV.

In Britain, we bitch and whine whenever they charge us over £20 (roughly about $25) for a PPV and you guys are getting charged $100 and thats normal? :o
gilgamesh
Super Middleweight

Post by gilgamesh »

Yeah, which is why out of a group of say 2000 people, maybe 4 of 'em will be aware of and interested in this Boxing match in America.
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

gilgamesh wrote: 31 May 2023, 11:54 Yeah, which is why out of a group of say 2000 people, maybe 4 of 'em will be aware of and interested in this Boxing match in America.
that'd be over 600,000 buys in the us. So even that is too much!!! :lol:
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Evander »

Syntax Error wrote: 31 May 2023, 08:57

I reckon they'll do a launch presser first and then tickets will go on sale from ther Ie,

We about 9 weeks out.

PPV will be $100

In Britain, we bitch and whine whenever they charge us over £20 (roughly about $25) for a PPV and you guys are getting charged $100 and thats normal? :o
I can't talk for all regions, but here it's likely to be $100.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Crawford: "I Called Spence and We Agreed To Make Fight Happen - We Got it Done!"

“This time around felt completely different. You know, me and Errol we actually got on the phone and we both agreed that we both were going to do our best to make sure this fight happened. And we got it done," Crawford told The MMA Hour.

"We here now, we’re about to put on, you know, one of the best welterweight showdowns and in a long time. I called him, I’m like hey listen, man, let’s get it on, and he was like he was all for it so, we both had the same mission, the same goal, to become undisputed, welterweight champion of the world and make history.”
Syntax Error
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Syntax Error »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 05:57 Crawford: "I Called Spence and We Agreed To Make Fight Happen - We Got it Done!"

“This time around felt completely different. You know, me and Errol we actually got on the phone and we both agreed that we both were going to do our best to make sure this fight happened. And we got it done," Crawford told The MMA Hour.

"We here now, we’re about to put on, you know, one of the best welterweight showdowns and in a long time. I called him, I’m like hey listen, man, let’s get it on, and he was like he was all for it so, we both had the same mission, the same goal, to become undisputed, welterweight champion of the world and make history.”
It makes you wonder why that phone call wasn't made in 2019?
fanman
Welterweight

Post by fanman »

Interesting to see that Crawford by decision is the most voted for ... he has seemed especially sharp in recent years, a step ahead.
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Evander »

Did a price check for tickets earlier.
Back of the arena, cheapest I could find were $1400 U.S.
Yuzo
Lightweight

Post by Yuzo »

has anyone noticed that errol spence usually throws his left hand off of double and triple jabs, but not off of single jabs? he kind of tells you when he wants to throw that punch.
Bandog
Bantamweight

Post by Bandog »

Evander wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 00:06
PPV will be $100

Wasn't Tank vs Ryan Garcia something like $89.95? This is 10X the fight. I'd pay $200 for this all day long before I'd pay $25 for a 135lb fight that isn't even for a belt.
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Evander »

Bandog wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:00
Evander wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 00:06

Wasn't Tank vs Ryan Garcia something like $89.95? This is 10X the fight. I'd pay $200 for this all day long before I'd pay $25 for a 135lb fight that isn't even for a belt.
Yeah it was something like that.
Cheapest ticket for Tank v Garcia was over $700 U.S too.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Isaac Cruz vs Giovanni Cabrera joins Spence vs Crawford on July 29th

The July 29th Errol Spence Jr vs Terence Crawford undercard is starting to come together, as lightweight contender Isaac Cruz is set to square off with undefeated Giovanni Cabrera in the co-feature.

News of the matchup first broke almost three months ago.

Cruz (24-2, 17 KO) made a name for himself in a gritty losing effort against Gervonta Davis in December 2021, but failed to capitalize on his momentum. His two-fight 2022 campaign saw him brutalize the remains of Yuriorkis Gamboa, then do the same to the undersized Eduardo Ramirez in a WBC eliminator.

Cabrera (21-0, 7 KO) is at least an actual lightweight. He notably upset Rene Tellez Giron in a fight that came together when both missed weight against their original foes and handily outclassed Gabriel Flores Jr six months later.

Still, not exactly the kind of matchup that makes up for a 10-month layoff on Cruz’s part. Let’s hope it at least lads to bigger things; he’s been angling for a rematch with Davis and the WBC eliminator implies that he’s in line to challenge Devin Haney at some point, though he’s behind Shakur Stevenson in those rankings.
SendoTakeshi
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by SendoTakeshi »

Bandog wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:00 Wasn't Tank vs Ryan Garcia something like $89.95? This is 10X the fight. I'd pay $200 for this all day long before I'd pay $25 for a 135lb fight that isn't even for a belt.
For me the Tank vs Garcia fight was always a former one weight champ fighting a contender. Nothing more.
Both of them are very talented boxers, but I never understood the hype of that fight.
KiwiRider
Super Featherweight

Post by KiwiRider »

Well I just watched Josh Taylor become past it at 32. Wonder if one of these guys goes the same way next month?
So many times we have seen the lighter guys just go off the boil in their early 30's. I hope these two haven't waited too long.
ironbeard
Super Bantamweight

Post by ironbeard »

:oo WOW!!

That is how out there I have been. I had no idea.
DrDuke
Featherweight

Post by DrDuke »

KiwiRider wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 15:55 Well I just watched Josh Taylor become past it at 32. Wonder if one of these guys goes the same way next month?
So many times we have seen the lighter guys just go off the boil in their early 30's. I hope these two haven't waited too long.
Taylor killed himself with weightcuts, he should have moved up. Maybe he'll perform better even now, if he moves up. Crawford and Spence haven't shown any signs of a decline up to the date.