Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Who wins?

Poll runs till 13 Dec 2026, 20:56

Fury - Decision
18
26%
Fury - T/KO
24
35%
DRAW
5
7%
Joshua - T/KO
17
25%
Joshua - Decision
5
7%
 
Total votes: 69

Finkel
Lightweight
Posts: 1461
Joined: 08 Sep 2018, 20:51

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Finkel »

joshj909 wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 04:24
Finkel wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 04:07 I think it's beneficial to Shakur and Zuffa to have him as co-main. Pacquiao is there to transfer some shine. The more eyeballs the better
Regarding transferring the shine to Shakur, did that work for Barrios, Ugas or Horn?
Yes to different extents.

Not really Barrios, but then again he didn't win, and then lost to Garcia in the next fight

Ugas definitely had some shine going into the Spence fight

And a lot of news paper stories were written about Horn (it was a international story). He went from somewhat known in his home country of Australia to headlining against Crawford in Vegas

You see it differently?
joshj909
Lightweight
Posts: 6197
Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 06:16

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by joshj909 »

Finkel wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 16:27
joshj909 wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 04:24
Finkel wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 04:07 I think it's beneficial to Shakur and Zuffa to have him as co-main. Pacquiao is there to transfer some shine. The more eyeballs the better
Regarding transferring the shine to Shakur, did that work for Barrios, Ugas or Horn?
Yes to different extents.

Not really Barrios, but then again he didn't win, and then lost to Garcia in the next fight

Ugas definitely had some shine going into the Spence fight

And a lot of news paper stories were written about Horn (it was a international story). He went from somewhat known in his home country of Australia to headlining against Crawford in Vegas

You see it differently?
I think it got them follow up fights, but Shakur is way ahead of that already. If anything, opponents absolutely do not want to face Shakur because they know they'll lose. What Shakur needs is fans because his style is not that attractive to the casuals. I don't think that Ugas or Horn became PPV stars or household names after the Pacquiao fights.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47579
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by gilgamesh »

joshj909 wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 17:28
Finkel wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 16:27
joshj909 wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 04:24

Regarding transferring the shine to Shakur, did that work for Barrios, Ugas or Horn?
Yes to different extents.

Not really Barrios, but then again he didn't win, and then lost to Garcia in the next fight

Ugas definitely had some shine going into the Spence fight

And a lot of news paper stories were written about Horn (it was a international story). He went from somewhat known in his home country of Australia to headlining against Crawford in Vegas

You see it differently?
I think it got them follow up fights, but Shakur is way ahead of that already. If anything, opponents absolutely do not want to face Shakur because they know they'll lose. What Shakur needs is fans because his style is not that attractive to the casuals. I don't think that Ugas or Horn became PPV stars or household names after the Pacquiao fights.
Neither Ugas or Horn won all that many fights after Pac neither. That doesn't help :lol:
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Hrgovic favors Fury over Joshua, says AJ 'should retire' after

IBF heavyweight champion Filip Hrgovic is barely giving Anthony Joshua a chance to beat Tyson Fury ahead of their superfight scheduled for December 11 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

“Anthony Joshua has already changed like 20 coaches. I think it's not about coaches. I think he's complicating things too much," Hrgovic told “The Stomping Ground” during an interview posted recently to its YouTube channel. “He just lost that confidence in himself. I think that psychologically, he's not in a good place. And if you're not in a good place with yourself, no coach can help you.

“He can have any coach in history, or all of them together; it's not going to help you if you're not in a good place. He's probably doing this fight because of financial reasons, but after this fight, I think he should retire.”

There are many unknowns surrounding Joshua (30-4, 26 KOs) heading into the Fury (36-2-1, 25 KOs) fight, especially after suffering a pair of opening-round knockdowns against Kristian Prenga last time out in July, only to come back and crush the Albanian in the second.

The matchup marked the first for Joshua since surviving a fatal car accident in December that killed two of his friends. Days before the life-altering incident, Joshua plastered Jake Paul inside six rounds.

The victory against Paul allowed Joshua to return to the win column following his fifth-round knockout loss against Daniel Dubois in September 2024. Preceding the fight against Dubois was a four-fight winning streak against Francis Ngannou, Otto Wallin, Robert Helenius and Jermaine Franklin Jr., which came following back-to-back losses against Oleksandr Usyk in 2021 and 2022.

Joshua has been training with Team Usyk over his last two fights, and now plans to add former Fury head coach Ben Davison to the team to prepare for "The Gypsy King." Since leaving longtime trainer Rob McCracken in 2021, Joshua has also worked with esteemed American trainers Robert Garcia and Derrick James.

“In his last fight [against Prenga], a guy who doesn't know how to walk properly knocked him down in 20 seconds,” Hrgovic said. “Joshua went down from such a soft punch. I think he should definitely retire after this next fight. But you know, there's always a puncher chance. But after seeing his last fight, I don't give him too much of a chance.”

Oddsmakers favor Fury as well, who's been installed as a -200 betting favorite; Joshua is a +155 underdog.
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Dana White Explains Absence From Fury-Joshua Press Conference

Dana White won’t attend Wednesday’s press conference in London to officially announce the heavyweight battle between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua due to logistical reasons, the UFC and Zuffa Boxing front man revealed Tuesday night.

White was in Las Vegas promoting the “Dana White Contender Series” and shed light on his absence and overall involvement in the promotion of a super fight Netflix will stream worldwide December 11 from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s career-long promoter, doubled down recently, insisting that White can’t be involved in promoting what’s billed as the biggest fight in British boxing history.

Netflix revealed last week, however, that White will be one of the principal promoters. Fury also stated over the weekend that White will be involved.

“No, because I [am] here [in Las Vegas for DWCS],” White said. “I would have been there if I didn’t have the ‘Contender,’ ” White said during a press conference at Meta APEX, UFC’s performance complex. “There is no confusion whatsoever [whether or not I am involved in the fight]. If you look at everything from the network to the guy who’s actually paying for it and to me, saying what I’ve said. I’ve been saying the same thing [for months].”

White referred to Turki Alalshikh, owner of The Ring and a significant investor in Zuffa, when he mentioned the financial backer of Fury-Joshua.

White did not specify in what capacity he will be involved in promoting the fight. He assured, though, that the bout between former heavyweight champions will happen following a brief stretch of uncertainty after last Thursday’s initial announcement by Netflix.

“[The fight] is happening,” White said. “It’s done. It’s a done deal. Everything that I have been saying is the truth. Why would I say it, double down, and triple down, and f****** quadruple down if it wasn’t the case?”

The outspoken White was very vocal in his support to bring the Fury-Joshua showdown to Madison Square Garden in New York on November 20. Joshua and Hearn were adamant, however, that the fight needs to take place in the United Kingdom, where Joshua has been so strongly supported since he turned pro nearly 13 years ago, after capturing a gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

The prolonged argument about the site of the fight only intensified the verbal battle between White and Hearn. It was nothing out of the ordinary for White, who has had storied boxing beefs with the likes of Oscar De La Hoya and Bob Arum over the years.

“This isn’t hesitation [about my involvement], this is a total ego thing,” White said. “[It] has nothing to do with any of this s***. Listen, boxing has taken a hit in the United States. It’s not as big as it was 20 years ago. It has become a very British sport. And all the s*** that you are hearing, the crying and the b******* and f****** whatever, is all coming from the UK.”

White added that his war of words with Hearn hasn’t soured him on the boxing business, which has taken up a lot of his time since Zuffa Boxing began regularly staging shows in January.

“I’m having fun, man,” White said. “This is right up my alley.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Live presser





6 pm BST - 1 pm ET
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Live now

Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

🚨 BREAKING: Anthony Joshua has confirmed that he has returned to Ben Davison for his Tyson Fury fight camp, with Peter Fury also offering advice.

“I speak to Peter Fury. He's willing to help me as well. Yeah, I'll speak to him. ... “[Peter] has given me some good ideas about our training and our approach, how I can approach this fight and where I can improve." [@RingMagazine]

👀 Peter Fury and Ben Davison both trained Fury for substantial periods of time. Fury was his nephew's lead trainer for the Wladimir Klitschko fight while Davison coached him for his comeback and the first Deontay Wilder contest.

Sweet Dick Willie
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 1124
Joined: 22 Mar 2021, 13:44

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Sweet Dick Willie »

I don't really mind this circus going on. I don't view it as a real boxing match, an actual sports event. More of a fun exhibition like Roy Jones and Mike Tyson. These two are big names that once were relevant in the boxing scene but not anymore. If the fight happens then it happens and I will watch it for entertainment. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. It's not like it's taking anything away from us. Now there is an excisting problem with the sport itself but this has nothing to do with it really, I don't really look at this as part of boxing, as a part of sports. Just a fun novelty act that doesn't really mean anything.
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Joshua reveals shock link-up with Tyson Fury's uncle Peter

Anthony Joshua has revealed a sensational link-up with Tyson Fury’s uncle Peter.

Joshua (30-4, 27 KOs) will face his fellow two-time world heavyweight champion Fury (36-2-1, 25 KOs) in a Battle of Britain more than a decade in the making on December 11 in Cardiff, live on Netflix.

The pair came face-to-face at the official launch press conference in west London on Wednesday afternoon as promotion for what is widely considered the biggest fight in British boxing history kicked off amid much fanfare.

And Joshua, 36, dropped a bombshell when discussing the make-up of his training team for the fight. While he confirmed that he has now returned to Ben Davison, Fury’s former trainer, to prepare for December’s clash, he will also be leaning on someone even closer to his next opponent for help.

The Londoner stated that he is in regular communications with Peter Fury, who is Tyson’s uncle and former coach. The 58-year-old will not be part of the team but has been offering Joshua advice on how best to maximize his preparation.

“I speak to Peter Fury,” said Joshua when asked about the build-up to his clash at Principality Stadium. “He's willing to help me as well. Yeah, I'll speak to him.

“I last spoke to him about a month ago. I speak to Matty Harris quite a lot and he is trained by Peter so that’s how it call came about; through Matty and Peter.”

Peter Fury played an integral part in his nephew’s career, training him for the best part of six years before they officially split in 2017. Writing in his book Behind The Mask, Fury said of their relationship: “As for Peter, it’s heart-breaking how our relationship disintegrated because at one point in my life he was like a second father to me.”

It was Peter who famously steered his nephew, 27 at the time, to victory over Wladimir Klitschko in Dusseldorf which secured the IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles. However, that 2015 victory, one of the greatest ever by a British boxer, proved to be their final fight together.

Following that win, Fury battled drink and drug problems and eventually spent nearly three years out of the ring, ballooning up to nearly 400 pounds. It was only then that he linked up with Davison and plotted his unlikely route back to the top of the division.

Of the unlikely link-up, Joshua added: “[Peter] has given me some good ideas about our training and our approach, how I can approach this fight and where I can improve.

“Everybody wants me to win and everybody’s going to tell me how to win but the most important person to listen to is myself at this point in my career.

“I’m going to take everything with a pinch of salt. Going to Ben and Peter is not so much because they have worked with Fury before but because they can pinpoint things.

“What I've got to do is take control of my fight with Fury, but also add their touch. And with these two powerhouses coming together, I think it will be a match made in heaven. I do believe that.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Fury refuses to box Joshua, promises to blast him out

Finally, Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have come face-to-face.

The British heavyweight stars traded words at a press conference and went squared off for the first time Wednesday to promoter their December 11 mega-fight at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales. Their 12-round clash will be for the WBA super heavyweight title and stream worldwide on Netflix.

Fury (36-2-1, 15 KOs) and Joshua (30-4, 27 KOs) largely showed respect toward each other throughout the presser, but the former promised a destructive end to the fight

“I’m going to come out and I’m going to blast him out of there,” Fury said.

“It will be a gunfight at the OK Corral. It will be the best man's gonna win because I'm not gonna run away. I'm not gonna box. I'm gonna throw down, and from what I'm seeing, I'm gonna catch him, and when I do, it's gonna be curtains.”

In the most heated moment of the press conference, Fury also criticized Joshua for the difficulty getting the fight over the line and billing himself as "The Landlord." He also took aim at Joshua’s physique and chin.

“At the end of the day, I get s—t done,” Fury said. “Then you got this guy here, he's carved in stone like Olympia – made of marble. Every time he gets cracked on the door, he falls over. That's also true. So bills and stuff don't really mean anything. This man's built like an Adonis. What I always say is you can't put muscles on the tash. When I crack him on my jaw with a big right hand, he's going to go down like a sack of s—t."

Joshua acknowledged the challenge that the 6-foot-9 Fury presents. In the eventual battle between the two of the greatest British heavyweights of all time, Joshua said he’d be willing to push himself to the brink.

“I'm willing to take and take punch after punch, and keep moving forward until my hands raise,” Joshua said. “I'm looking forward to it. I know it's going to be difficult, not in the sense that I'm not capable, but I know every fight got its challenges, and I'm just looking forward to keep on pushing forward until I get that victory because it's just what's in me.”

A blockbuster showdown between them for the undisputed heavyweight title nearly came to fruition in August 2021, but an arbitrator ruled that Fury was contractually obliged to face Deontay Wilder for a third time. The fight went up in flames before Fury even faced Wilder. Joshua, 36, lost his IBF, WBA and WBO titles in a unanimous decision defeat to Oleksandr Usyk in September 2021.

Fury, 38, emerged victorious by 11th-round knockout against Wilder (45-4-1, 43 KOs) after they traded five knockdowns in October 2021. The back-and-forth clash for Fury’s WBC heavyweight title won The Ring’s 2021 “Fight of the Year.”

A second attempt to make the fight happen was nearly thwarted as well. Fury stopped Mariusz Wach in the seventh round in Pattaya, Thailand, on June 24 in his final tune-up fight before he was supposed to face Joshua. Joshua’s tune-up bout against Kristian Prenga was far more dramatic, as he had to overcome two first-round knockdowns before scoring a second-round knockout a day later in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Now, two of Britain's greatest heavyweights will finally meet where it was also meant to take place.

“It's breathtaking, and I'm not saying that lightly,” Joshua said of the fight taking place in the UK. “I'm really grateful for this opportunity from His Excellency and his team, from Frank, from Eddie, and the team for pulling this together, especially bringing it to Great Britain.”

While many believe this fight is happening too late, Fury believes this is the perfect ending for him and Joshua.

“People say, "Is it too late? Is it f—k too late. It's the icing on the cake of two great careers to throw down in front of 80,000 people and make the best man win,” Fury said. “Let's go out f——g swinging.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Joshua, Fury exchange verbal jabs over drawn-out fight negotiations

There's been no shortage of drama in getting Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua across the finish line.

Arguments over venues, promoters and contracts have taken place over the past few months until this point.

And at Wednesday's press conference, Joshua claimed Fury wouldn’t have taken the fight unless his name came first on the official fight poster. Fury vehemently denied that notion and fired back at Joshua for everything it took to get the fight across the line.

Fury will face Joshua for the WBA heavyweight title on December 11 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales. Their 12-round clash will stream worldwide on Netflix.

“I got a phone call the other night, and they said, ‘Do you mind if Fury's name goes first because he's not willing to sign unless he does?” Joshua said. “I said, 'I don't want to lose this fight.'”

“Bulls—t,“ Fury quipped. “Behind the scenes, you have been crying like little girls about A-side and B-side. I want this, I want that. You have tried everything to get out of this fight. Every move in the book, and I've checkmated you. There's no more running. You've got to fight. Wherever it was, I've always said I don't care where it is. I'll fight any man anywhere, and I've been a man of my word. Deontay Wilder in America, [Wladimir] Klitschko in [Germany].

“I've actually never won a world title here. Now, the world title is on the line. It gives us a good opportunity to become a three-time champion. Either one of us on the night, so that's even better. Just remember that I am number one, and you don't own s—t. I'm the boss.”

Joshua responded that the fight he put up was to stage the bout in Great Britain rather than it taking place in the U.S. The winner of Fury-Joshua will become a three-time heavyweight champion.

Fury and Joshua have long been on a collision course. "AJ" (30-4, 27 KOs) and Fury (36-2-1, 25 KOs) were originally planned to square off for the undisputed heavyweight title in August 2021, but an arbitrator ruled that Fury was contractually obliged to face Deontay Wilder for a third time.

Oleksandr Usyk played spoiler when he beat Joshua, 36, for the IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in September 2021. Fury, 38, overcame a pair of knockdowns and dropped Wilder three times before winning by 11th-round knockout in The Ring’s 2021 “Fight of the Year” in Las Vegas.

The stars aligned again, albeit much later than most wished this year. Both fighters took one more tune-up fight, though, that nearly ended disastrously. Fury, 38, handled business, beating Mariusz Wach by seventh-round stoppage in Pattaya, Thailand, on June 24. One day later, Joshua overcame two first-round knockdowns to beat Kristian Prenga by second-round knockout and set the fight with Fury in stone.

“Me and AJ are going to go there and throw down,” Fury said. “It's an unbelievable event because it's been simmering nicely for about a decade and a half. It's been an unbelievable journey having both of us together, coming from the same country, going out there dominating, winning world championships, and beating all the comers.”

Joshua and Fury were largely respectful of each other as they faced off for the first time. Fury even went as far as to say he finds himself defending people who critique Joshua.

“This man's a two-time world heavyweight champion [and] Olympic gold medallist,” Fury said. “He's been a role model and a poster boy for British boxing for years. I mostly find myself defending my arch rival to fans that I meet in the street, and I say to them, ‘If you could achieve 10 percent of what this man's achieved, you'd be f——g doing well.’ Obviously, we're here to fight, and fight we will.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Fury slams ex-trainer Davison after reuniting with Joshua

Anthony Joshua has confirmed his return to former trainer Ben Davison – and Tyson Fury says he is “encouraged” by the news.

Fury and Joshua will finally collide at Cardiff's Principality Stadium on December 11, live on Netflix in the most anticipated fight in British boxing history.

Now Joshua has officially announced that he has rejoined Davison, who trained Fury between 2018 and 2020, in a bid to topple his domestic rival.

“I’m back with Ben full time, that’s the plan for this camp,” Joshua said.

“When I sat back and I observed this, I realised Ben Davison will be a big addition to this fight with what he can add, not control, but what he can add to helping me beat Tyson Fury. They're very good at pinpointing certain things leading up to a fight that I can execute and exploit during the fight.

“Even though a fight can present so many different variables, there are one or two things that if you get right could be perfect. I believe that the team with Ben Davison will get me that one step closer to landing the perfect punch to pin Fury to the ground.”

Joshua initially joined Davison in 2023 and trained under him at his gym in Harlow, Essex. The pair enjoyed immediate and explosive success with “AJ” stopping Otto Wallin in five rounds at the end of that same year, before he destroyed Francis Ngannou inside two just three months later.

But things fell apart in September 2024 when Joshua was obliterated by Daniel Dubois at Wembley Stadium, leading to a split with Davison. For his two fights since, Joshua has trained alongside Oleksandr Usyk in Spain but has now set up shop back in Britain ahead of the biggest fight of his career to date.

When Fury was told about the development during a media roundtable at Wednesday’s launch press conference in West London, the Gypsy King joked: “Is that confirmed? Is he going to have him? That’s deflating.

“But don't forget I left Ben Davison to go with Sugar Hill [Steward] because he wasn't good enough and this is the same Ben Davison who Anthony Joshua left because he wasn't good enough.

“When he got knocked out off Dubois it was the same Ben Davison who everyone said, 'oh, he's this, he's that, he's this, he's that,' and now they're going back to him.”

Fury also referenced Davison’s most recent involvement with a world heavyweight title fight, when his fighter, 21-year-old Moses Itauma, was stopped by Filip Hrgovic on August 29.

“This is the same Ben Davison that just cost a billion-dollar athlete his career,” Fury said of Itauma.

“So that gives me encouragement. That gives me happiness. Joshua will probably go out there, get told to throw a jab and throw an uppercut and get himself chinned.”

Of the link-up, Fury’s long-time promoter allegedly added: “The one thing that Ben can't do is put muscles on his chin. And that's the end of it. It seems to be when he gets cracked, good night Vienna.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua winner: 'Supercomputer' says Fury, body language says Joshua

Anyone who has worked within the boxing media will attest to the number of press releases sent out in the hope of gaining attention or clicks.

It should therefore come as no surprise that the eagerly-awaited heavyweight showdown between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury – now set for December 11 in Cardiff, Wales – is already proving fertile ground for such marketing material.

Two landed this week that caught my attention, if not yet my endorsement.

The first, received early in the week, concerned a ‘supercomputer’ that “has projected that Tyson Fury will beat Anthony Joshua with a ninth-round stoppage”.

The so-called supercomputer, apparently “conducted” by CanadaCasino, “utilises a combination of mathematical probability algorithms and agentic AI to project the result of the competition.”

Overall, Fury is given a 64.7 per cent chance of victory compared to 33.1 per cent for Joshua, with the draw afforded just a 2.2 per cent chance of occurring inside the Principality Stadium.

It goes even deeper and, in fairness, the round-by-round breakdown of what’s going to happen in 10 weeks’ time makes compelling reading.

In short, Joshua starts fast and wins the first three rounds before being dropped in the sixth. He misses a wild uppercut in the eighth and is rescued by the referee while trapped on the ropes in the ninth.

This so-called supercomputer – aren’t all computers super these days? – brought to mind the NCR 315, a 1960s data-processing system that in 1969 was given the task of determining the winner of a fantasy bout between Muhammad Ali and Rocky Marciano.

An overweight Ali and Marciano, wearing a wig, even lightly sparred in front of the cameras for 70-odd rounds so the results of the ‘fight’ could be revealed on film. It was understood at the time that the supercomputer of 60 years ago favoured Marciano to win but – due to political considerations – films depicting different outcomes were released in different parts of the world.

American and Canadian audiences saw Ali, then banned from boxing because of his stance on the Vietnam War, knocked out in the 13th round. In Europe, where Ali remained popular, Marciano was shown losing on cuts.

If the best software of 1969 could produce various endings to please different audiences, who knows what technology is capable of in 2026, particularly with all-conquering streaming giant Netflix at the helm.

For what it’s worth, I’d be interested in seeing a double knockdown after an all-out slugfest – à la Rocky II – and finding out who gets up first.

Though the modern-day computer likes Fury to win, another press release to land this week makes the case that, no, Joshua is already leading the way.

According to ‘body language expert’ Darren Stanton, courtesy of OLBG, Joshua ‘won’ Wednesday’s press conference and has therefore gained the psychological edge that has so often belonged to Fury in the past.

Stanton explains that the always-studious Joshua, with the ever-mischievous Fury alongside him, exhibited signs of maturity and a genuine understanding of self. In the past, Stanton reckons, Joshua might have become too swept up in the pre-fight mind games and tried a little too hard both to appear superior and stamp his authority.

All Stanton saw on Wednesday night, however, was a 36-year-old seemingly at last completely comfortable in his own skin.

“I don’t see arrogance in Joshua. I think he’s been on a journey and learned from his failures,” Stanton explained.

“I see a self-confidence in how he’s presenting himself at this press conference. Joshua is no longer humble, but he has evolved as a person, and as a fighter.

“Joshua knows he needs to defuse Fury, and he’s doing that well so far. Fury seemed a bit diluted. The laughter, the positivity, took him away from his usual areas of strength in these situations.

“I see no expressions or gestures of anger, contempt, neither man seems unsettled, and we know Fury likes to play with people. He tries to get in their heads. He’s psychological and strategic with it but it’s Joshua who looks like the master strategist based on this press conference.”

Stanton closed his findings by analysing the body language of both men during the face-off at the end of the press conference. Joshua was not overawed when Fury performed his usual make-myself-even-taller-by-standing-on-my-tiptoes routine. In fact, Stanton observed that Fury soon mirrored Joshua’s stance as they turned towards the crowd.

“Anthony Joshua may already have the perfect antidote to Tyson Fury and his mind games.”

What the supercomputer will make of these latest findings is anyone’s guess.

But I sure look forward to it landing in my inbox.
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Everything Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua said at their launch press conference

Fury and Joshua on their past sparring

Fury: “I’ve sparred a lot of amateur boxers in my time and I’ve been very complimentary to every single one of them. But AJ was in that ring, he knows what happened. He sparred about three, four rounds, then he got out, I sparred his mate. It’s not a lie, why would I lie about it? There was a thing about a Rolex watch, as well. If anyone could drop him, he’d give them a Rolex watch, and guess what? I left that building with a fuckin’ Rolex on.”

Joshua: “He left the ring with his Rolex watch, but he also left the ring with a black eye, as well. … I can’t remember it, it was so many years ago. … He spoke about it, it wasn’t me. He had more memories than I did. For me, it was another day. It’s what I was built to do. I found my calling. He was the one who went online and spoke to Steve Bunce about the experience. I didn’t take much away from it. Sparring is sparring, he knows that. Sparring stories are supposed to be kept in the gym. The most important thing is the fight night that’s going to happen December 11th.”

Fury: “I have trouble remembering last week, never mind remembering what happened 16 years ago in a sparring match. What I do recall, though, is AJ getting whacked around the body and putting his knees up in the corner. I do remember that. And he says I left with a black eye — I’ve had a fornicating thousand black eyes, cut lips, cut eyes, everything, so that’s nothing new.”

Tyson Fury

On Joshua’s rise to stardom: “During the time when AJ become world champion, I was getting drunk every day and taking cocaine every week. So I wasn’t really concentrating on anybody else but my own wellbeing at that time. Obviously we’ve all had our own problems, and we’re not going to get into problems, we’re not here for that. But listen, the one thing I will say — all the banter and all the trying to sell the show aside, this man’s a two-time world champion, Olympic gold medalist, he’s been a role model and a poster boy for British boxing for years. I mostly find myself defending my arch rival to fans I meet on the street. I say to them, if you could achieve 10 percent of what this man’s achieved, you’d be fuckin’ doing well. That aside, obviously, we’re here to fight, and fight we will. I’m looking forward to the challenge. It’s been 10 years in the making. We’ve both had our ups and downs, and finally, we’re arrived at this moment. I’m 38, AJ’s 37 or will be 37 soon. People say, ‘Is it too late?’ Is it fornicating too late? It’s the icing on the cake of two great careers, to throw down in front of 80,000 people, and may the best man win. Let’s go out fuckin’ swinging.”

On his strategy against Joshua: “I’m gonna come out and blast him out of there. It will be gunfight at the OK Corral. The best man’s gonna win. I ain’t gonna run away, I’m not gonna box, I’m gonna throw down. From what I’m seeing, I’m going to catch him, and when I do, it’s going to be curtains. And that’s it.”

On being in Britain’s biggest fight ever: “I wouldn’t have it any other way. There’s been some brilliant fights in this country, and in the biggest division, the glory division of the heavyweights, this is the biggest of today. I don’t believe in comparing different eras and different times together, we can only be the biggest of our generation and our time. Me and AJ’s gonna go there and throw down. It’s just an unbelievable event, because it’s been simmering nicely for about a decade and a half. It’s been an unbelievable journey having both of us together, both coming from the same country, both going out there and dominating, winning world championships and beating all the comers. We’ve had our ups and downs, you’ve all seen it live on TV. Finally now, towards the end of it all, we get to fight each other on the world’s biggest stage, with the world’s biggest broadcaster, and everybody’s gonna be there. And everybody’s gonna want to be there anymore. … As a boxing fan, which I am, this is the one that I would want to see more than any other fight in the world today. There isn’t a fight out there that can even come close to the excitement and what’s gonna happen, the build-up, everything. It’s just a whole event, a global event, where everybody can watch it.”

On being born to fight: “From a little kid, it’s all I ever wanted to do was be a fighter, be a world champion. I got the opportunity and I seized the moment. I was the most unlikely child to be a champion — fat, awkward, gangly, all of the above. I never let anybody dissuade me on ‘you can’t do this, you can’t do that,’ yada yada yada. I always pushed through when the odds were stacked against me, for many different reasons.”

On the differences in their builds: “I’m just living proof that if you believe in yourself, and you work hard and dedicate yourself to something, then no matter what you look like, what build you are, what background you come from, you can achieve anything. I stand here today as the most awkwardly built world heavyweight champion in the history of sport. I’m a bald, fat, bearded, ugly, slow, ponderous, all of the above, whatever people want to say. But at the end of the day, I get shit done. And then you got this guy here, he’s carved in stone like he’s made of marble, and every time he gets cracked on the jaw, he falls over. That’s also true! … When I crack him on the jaw with a right hand, he’s gonna go down like a sack of shit.”

Anthony Joshua

On how he feels physically: “God is good! I feel fresh, I feel very excited about this opportunity to work again. … I’m happy. Honestly, I’m grateful.”

On how he responds to big pressure: “I don’t know what it is, I’ve just got something in me. I just can do what I do. When I walked in the gym when I was 18 years old, three years later I was fighting for Great Britain in the Olympics. I turned pro, three years later I was world champion. It’s just what I do. It’s not complicated. I don’t find (boxing) too complicated, it’s pretty straightforward. It’s spirit vs spirit, it’s just man vs man, and the best man will win.”

On the Ngannou fights with Fury and Joshua: “With Ngannou, he just wanted to impose his will, but my will was stronger and I got the victory. I trained for Ngannou like I did with every other fighter, same way Fury did. There are comparisons in fights, of course, but me and (Fury) haven’t stepped in the ring. So I can’t say I’m gonna do this, because he done this to this fighter, and I done that to that fighter, because we haven’t stepped in the ring yet.”

On whether he can be the man to KO Fury: “I’m willing to take and take punch after punch and keep moving forward until my hand’s raised. I’m looking forward to it. I know it’s going to be difficult, not in the sense that I’m not capable, but I know every fight has its challenges. I’m just looking forward to keep on pushing forward until I get that victory, because it’s just what’s in me.”

On Fury predicting a KO: “This is the energy that we want. This is a fight. There’s nothing else I expect from this man than to say he’s going to render me unconscious and do everything he can to stick me to the canvas. But this is what’s going to keep me running, keep me sparring, do them extra rounds in the gym. I want to perform to prove to myself what he says is not impossible, and for everyone that’s coming out to support me, to live up to the expectations that they have of me.”

On being in Britain’s biggest fight ever: “It’s breathtaking, and I’m not saying that lightly. I’m really grateful for this opportunity, especially bringing it to Great Britain, because I know, honestly speaking, I know in pubs people have had proper fights over who’s gonna win between me and Tyson. I know family members have fell out with each other about who’s gonna win. We’re gonna inspire this inspire this generation, and I know for a fact we’re going to inspire the next generation. That’s why it was important (to have the fight in Britain), because before anyone knew us internationally, when I was watching Tyson fight John McDermott in leisure centres and so on, now we’re on a global stage and achieving massive things. It was people from this country that supported us.”

On his strategic approach: “There’s strategy and then there’s passion. I’ve just got to be there from the first to the last minute, just be very well-conditioned, 15-round fit like the old school fighters. Calisthenics, running, and sparring, and do my part in the fight to make it great. There’s nothing more to it. Don’t overcomplicate it, just do what I’ve got to do to make it a great fight. I’ll be a great dance partner for him.”

On AJ’s response to people saying he can’t take a punch: “People have their views and their views are respected, but that is their opinion. I can only listen to myself. Nobody knows more about boxing than me, so whatever people say about me, I’ve just got to listen to myself. Nobody knows about boxing more than me. I’m great. I’m good. I’ll be honest, I’ve been around, I’ve been to gym to gym, coach to coach, specialists of the gym, I’ve trained with some of the best fighters that there’s ever been in this generation. I’ve learned so much and I can use it for every competition. I’m going to take everything I’ve learned into this fight.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Eddie Hearn reveals Anthony Joshua's huge pay cut to fight Tyson Fury in UK

Anthony Joshua accepted a pay cut of over £10 million ($13m) for his long-awaited clash with Tyson Fury to take place in the UK, according to his promoter, Eddie Hearn.

Joshua and Hearn held out for the fight to be staged in Britain while Saudi Arabia's boxing kingpin Turki Alalshikh, his American partner Dana White and broadcasters Netflix pressed for New York's Madison Square Garden as the venue.

Backed by the terms of their contracts with Sela, the Saudi entertainment company, they eventually got their way with the 80,000 capacity Principality Stadium chosen because of its retractable roof.

But for it happen in Cardiff on Dec. 11, Joshua had to accept a reduced purse.

Hearn said: "People started saying 'please bring the fight to the UK' and AJ started feeling that.

"To keep it in the UK he's got to turn down eight figures plus. AJ goes to me 'whatever you think' and I'm like 'no, no, no, it's your money. I can't make that decision for you.'

"He asks what [do you] think I should do and I told him I think the UK is where the fight should be because there's an edge for him to have this fight in the UK, but it's a lot of money. And he went 'f--- it, we'll do it in the UK.'"

Alalshikh revealed moving the fight away from New York cost him £53 million ($70m) and holding the ring walks in the early hours of the Saturday morning was a concession that had to be made for the American market.

Wembley was his preferred choice with his ambition to have pop star Dua Lipa also performing on the night, but the strict 11 p.m. curfew in place for events at the venue made it unviable.

Alalshikh: "I wanted it at Wembley -- tell the mayor. Tell Dua Lipa. I knew from the beginning that London would not give me the stadium until 2 a.m. In the end, Wales has delivered and that's still in the UK."
PRINCEKOOL
Middleweight
Posts: 125
Joined: 21 Apr 2014, 19:49

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by PRINCEKOOL »

Nothing much to take from the press conference really 'Anthony Joshua is very rarely the type of fighter to react very strongly during a press conference. And the facts are? Although this a mega fight, there has never been no genuine hostility between the two fighters'.

Note: This fight does not have the same dynamic as Frank Bruno vs. Lennox Lewis 'or Nigel Benn vs. Chris Eubank Senior. There was real genuine hostility in those fights, combined with a competitive sporting rivalry'.

I will say one thing? Both fighters need to be very attentive not to over train for this fight 'I would imagine if one of the fighters is going to over train it would be Tyson Fury'.

Tyson Fury panicked in the build up to his first fight vs. Oleksandr Uysk and in my opinion in some aspects of his preparation over trained.

Fighters who for many years, don't have the best work ethic 'have a tendency to behave in this manner, during high pressure situations and mega fights'.

Because they believe they can turn back to clock 'in 8 to 12 weeks, and undo all those years of bad work ethic. And most of the time, this approach back fires badly'.

True conditioning and fitness 'is not built over 8 to 12 weeks, it is built over years and decades. This is the immediate advantage, I give to Anthony Joshua in this fight'.

Joshua started boxing later in life than Fury 'but I would not be surprised if statistically, he has surpassed Tyson Fury in terms of hours dedicated to the sport' etc.
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Anthony Joshua 'more vulnerable' but heavier puncher than Tyson Fury - Barry Hearn

A "chilled" Anthony Joshua has been backed to make the eagerly-anticipated bout with British rival Tyson Fury in Cardiff "his day" by Matchroom president Barry Hearn.

Former world heavyweight champions Joshua and Fury will bring a decade-long saga to an end on December 11 when they step out at Principality Stadium in Wales for one of the biggest fights in boxing history.

Hearn, 78, has watched the rise of Joshua with the help of son and Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn at close quarters, with the Finchley amateur going from an Olympic gold medallist in 2012 to two-time world champion before recent painful defeats to Oleksandr Usyk and Daniel Dubois.

During an up-and-down twilight period of Joshua's career, the motivation and reasons to continue for the 36-year-old have been questioned.

However, Hearn believes Joshua, who lost close friends Sina Ghami and Latif 'Latz' Ayodele in a car crash in Nigeria at the end of 2025, will feel his last rites in the sport are to win this grudge match.

Hearn told Press Association: "AJ, obviously he's made his money, he's created his own brand, he's been a fantastic asset to British and world boxing in terms of inspiration for other kids to follow his footsteps, but now this is his day.

"He's decided for a variety of reasons, obviously he's had a huge tragedy in his life. He feels he's been spared himself for a purpose, which is a little bit deep for some people, but I can understand it and he has his opportunity to shine.

"And he's quite chilled. If you watched his body language at the press conference, I mean, AJ is never going to exchange banter with Tyson Fury. He loses by knock-out on that, but AJ looked to me like, 'yeah, I'm really happy. Let's bring it on,' and he's excited to find out about himself as well.

"And sometimes these things end in failure and sometimes you have the greatest day of your life.

"Either way, it is just the sport, it is just one day and both of them have made a contribution which, irrespective of the result on December 11th, will never be forgotten by British fight fans."

Hearn, speaking ahead of his seventh-tier club Brentwood facing KSI's Dagenham in the FA Cup on Saturday, acknowledged both Joshua and Fury are vulnerable.

"Will it bring out the best in AJ? I really think it will. I think it's going to be a tear-up," Hearn said.

"Both of them are vulnerable, both of them can punch. AJ might be the more vulnerable, but he's certainly the heavier puncher.

"So, it is really going to come down to who lands the best shot early and who believes in themselves enough to keep their strategy."
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Tyson Fury's uncle Peter addresses rumors of training Joshua

Peter Fury denied Anthony Joshua’s claims that the pair will be in contact ahead of the December 11 superfight against his nephew Tyson.

Joshua and Fury, the two-time world heavyweight champions, will clash at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in what will be the richest fight in British history.

At Wednesday’s press conference in London to announce this latest Ring event, “AJ” revealed he has been in regular contact with Fury’s former coach and uncle, Peter, over the past few months and that he was “willing to help” him prepare for the fight.

Alongside Fury’s former coach, Ben Davison, who will train Joshua for the fight, the Londoner appeared to have built a team with as much inside knowledge of his opponent as possible. “With these two powerhouses coming together,” he said of Davison and Fury. “I think it will be a match made in heaven.”

After keeping a low profile following Joshua’s revelation, Fury broke his silence on the situation and insisted he isn't planning to help his nephew’s rival after all.

“I believe in helping all athletes to better themselves,” he wrote on Twitter. “We are in a sport, not a war. “Your fighter wins, great; he loses, then take it on the chin—too many politics in the sport. “Me and AJ spoke two months ago about advice on his skill set; really nice guy. “After his fight, anything he needs from me [would] be a pleasure. He has a great team around him, including Team Usyk.”

Fury, who steered his nephew to his unforgettable world title-winning victory over Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015, still trains a number of fighters.

One of his long-term projects has been kickboxing icon Rico Verhoeven (1-1, 1 KO), who most recently lost in his challenge for Oleksandr Usyk’s WBC heavyweight title.

Fury added: “My focus now is Rico. We start camp very soon.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Fury ‘Using This Bum’ Joshua As Path To Third Fight With Usyk

Tyson Fury sees Anthony Joshua as just another task on the tune-up tour toward heavyweight supremacy.

Fury (36-2-1, 25 KOs) is set to take on Joshua (30-4, 27 KOs) on December 11 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, the headliner of a Ring show on Netflix. Should Fury, the betting favorite, get past Joshua for the vacant WBA “super” title, “The Gypsy King” has his sights on settling the score with his lone conqueror.

“I’m using this bum as a warm-up for Oleksandr Usyk. He’s on board. [Usyk] wants to fight me as well,” Fury said in an interview with The Ring’s Mike Coppinger. “Where’s [Usyk] going to get any money from? I’m the f****** payday in this game. You know, and I want it in America. I don’t want it anywhere else. I want it in the US. I’ll get a fair shot in the U.S., and I’ll gain my vengeance over the rabbit, finally.”

Fury welcomed the push to stage the biggest fight in British boxing history at Madison Square Garden in New York. He’ll happily revisit that plan if he faces Ukraine’s Usyk a third time.

"Hopefully, yes [I’ll have a few more big fights America],” Fury said. “Hopefully. We’re trying. We’re gonna use this fight as a warm-up, and I’m gonna try and fight Usyk at Madison Square Garden next year.”

Usyk beat Fury twice in 2024 in Saudi Arabia – first by split decision, and second much more clearly, by unanimous decision. In the ninth round of their first fight, Usyk hammered Fury, leaving him wobbling around the ring and held up by the ropes in a sequence ruled a knockdown.

Fury retired for a fifth time following the Usyk rematch, but returned this April to begin his comeback campaign for the clash against Joshua. His unanimous points win against Arslanbek Makhmudov on April 11 in London was followed by a one-sided, seven-round stoppage of Mariusz Wach on July 24 in Pattaya, Thailand.

Meanwhile, Usyk (25-0, 16 KOs), The Ring champion, has vacated all of his sanctioning body titles since etching his status as undisputed champion and plans to fight one more time before retiring. Usyk has targeted a fight against former titleholder Deontay Wilder over the last year, but negotiations have never crossed the finish line.

Usyk last fought May 23, when he shockingly went tooth and nail against kickboxer Rico Verhoeven before stopping him in the penultimate round in Giza, Egypt.

“It’s been a good journey, and it ain’t stopping yet,” Fury said. “Because, if this freak [Joshua] pulls out for any reason, I’m gonna fight whoever’s next for the world title.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Joshua Feels Fury Had Better Shot If They Boxed Before Prenga Bout

Anthony Joshua suggested that Tyson Fury missed any window of opportunity he may have had to potentially beat him.

Joshua (30-4, 27 KOs) and Fury (36-2-1, 25 KOs) are scheduled to duke it out December 11 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, in what’s been billed as the biggest fight in British boxing history. Their 12-round fight for the WBA “super” heavyweight title will headline a Ring event Netflix will stream globally.

The former two-time champions enter their long-awaited showdown with mixed results.

Joshua survived two opening-round knockdowns against the lightly regarded Kristian Prenga on July 25, only to rally and knock out his Albanian counterpart in the second stanza.

The night before, Fury stopped Mariusz Wach in seven rounds in the second fight of his tune-up tour after unretiring for a fifth time earlier this year. Fury previously beat Arslanbek Makhmudov by unanimous decision in April.

“If Tyson had spoken to me before this fight with Prenga, he may have had a better opportunity of stopping me,” Joshua said in an interview with The Ring's Mike Coppinger. “Because I wouldn't have been ready for maybe a physical fight from round one. I was in the mindset of, you know, I’m going to break these guys down, and I know I can. I know I can outlast them.”

Joshua needed the Prenga fight to get back into fighting shape after surviving a car accident in December that killed two of his closest friends.

“After that Prenga fight, I was like, remember, boxing ain’t a sport. Boxing is a f****** fight,” Joshua said. “And you got to be in there from round one. And if I can get Tyson out of there in round one, so be it. So, I’m not going in there in round one [against Fury] trying to stick behind my jab and look pretty. Fury is going to come head-on, and maybe he might walk into something. So, he better be careful because I'm ready from that first bell.”

To prepare for the occasion, Joshua has added former Fury head coach Ben Davison and Fury’s uncle, Peter Fury, to the team. Joshua trained with Oleksandr Usyk and his team for his last two fights.

“With Ben Davison, he’s a great strategist," Joshua said. “If I can combine Ben Davison’s strategy with my experience, I believe we’re going to be a match made in heaven for this particular fight with Tyson Fury.”
Ruthless-RKO
Welterweight
Posts: 104625
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 11:59

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Joe Cordina in play for Manny Pacquiao clash on Anthony Joshua-Tyson Fury undercard

Eddie Hearn has put forward a host of names to face Manny Pacquiao on the Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua undercard at Cardiff, Wales’ Principality Stadium.

The most surprising of the bunch is former 130lbs world titleholder and Welshman Joe Cordina. The contest would pit the 34-year-old Cordina, who has been competing at lightweight in recent bouts, against a Hall of Famer in Pacquiao in his home city.

It had been reported by Boxing Scene’s Lance Pugmire that the now 47-year-old Pacquiao was in talks to face WBO 140lbs champion Shakur Stevenson, however, event organizers Sela then had their sights set on retired champions Amir Khan and Danny Garcia.

Hearn, the longtime promoter of Joshua, and as announced today one of the three promoters of Fury-Joshua, spoke to BS and others about the situation with Pacquiao featuring on the undercard.

“It’s my understanding there’s some kind of agreement between Manny Pacquiao and Sela,” Hearn said. “Not for a Shakur Stevenson fight. I mean, Dana White said that’s not happening.”

Boxing News’ Danny Gilfillan then asked if there was any need for a legend like Pacquiao to feature on the undercard with the fight sold on the main event alone.

“There is if he fights Joe Cordina,” Hearn replied.

There were rumors that Cordina could face WBO lightweight champion Abdullah Mason on the card — a fight that was scrapped in July due to Cordina being denied a visa to the US. Hearn also revealed that contest could still happen and that he had also suggested other Matchroom fighters to face Pacquiao.

“We’ve put forward to Sela, Joe Cordina against Abdullah Mason,” he said. “I also said to Sela last night, if you need an opponent for Manny Pacquiao, we’ve got Jack Catterall, Conor Walker, Lewis Crocker and Joe Cordina.”

The contest would take place at 147lbs and Cordina would be the only fighter from that list who is not currently competing at welterweight.

“I’ve not even spoke to Joe about moving to 147lbs,” said Hearn. “I’ll tell you what, I know 140lbs would be fine for Joe. But dare I say Manny Pacquiao is not a massive welterweight? I don’t know.

“But I want Joe on the card because he’s a two-time world champion from Wales. And if he fights Abdullah Mason or Manny Pacquiao, that’s a great fight. Or Sam Noakes for a vacant title.”
784118
Bantamweight
Posts: 9
Joined: 26 Feb 2022, 10:24

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua - 2026

Post by 784118 »

Contendeh wrote: ↑13 Dec 2025, 14:40 I won’t believe in the existence of this fight until Tyson Fury steps in the ring.

Even when he steps in the ring I’ll doubt it until he actually starts fighting.

I hear that. If the going gets rough vs. Joshua, , Fury may foul. It’s an open secret that he has lost five points for fouls in five separate fights.

This is a fight that should have happened 5 years ago. Now they are both past their prime.
PRINCEKOOL
Middleweight
Posts: 125
Joined: 21 Apr 2014, 19:49

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua | NETFLIX - December 11, 2026

Post by PRINCEKOOL »

Tyson Fury is expending a lot of energy in this build up already, and he is being played by Anthony Joshua.

Fury is panicking, because he knows that stylistically this is a very dangerous for him. But in comparison? This is not Joshua's most dangerous fight. If you could match Anthony Joshua in his biggest and most winnable fight stylistically within the heavyweight division, that match up would be against Tyson Fury'.

Note: Anthony Joshua is a Super Heavyweight fighter 'with proven elite level boxing skill and power. In reality Fury has not fought that combination of high level attributes since Wladimir Kiltschko'.

Tyson Fury may have beaten Wladimir Kiltschko 'but in retrospect it was underwhelming fight, Fury was on the back foot all night, and he never once hurt Kiltschko or had him on the verge of a stoppage. Great win in terms of historical significance, but completely overrated in terms of the action. Fury also disappeared for the rematch, unfortunately due to his then circumstance'.

If Tyson Fury fights Joshua in the back foot 'Joshua will just gain momentum as the fight progresses. If Fury thinks he can wade forward vs. a Super Heavyweight like Joshua, then the fight will be over real quick' etc.
Post Reply