Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

I frankly don't give a sh*t who "ducked" who.

Stevenson is the coward between the two of them.

His entire career illustrates that clearly.
Boxerbeetle
Cruiserweight
Posts: 33176
Joined: 19 Sep 2011, 10:59

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Boxerbeetle »

Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:45
gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:34Kovalev has fought Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward. Even Chilemba and Pascal have been better than any of Stevenson's title opponents.

Stevenson on the other hand has fought much lesser contenders every step of the way in his title reign.

There's no question which one is the coward here.
Irrelevant.

Kovalev has obviously fought the better opposition, but when it came to fighting Stevenson, for whatever reason, Kovalev's team ducked and Stevenson's team didn't.

It's counter-intuitive, it's unexpected, but that is what happened.

People should accept that and move on.
Did you ever accept Fury ducking Price?
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

Boxerbeetle wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 15:49Did you ever accept Fury ducking Price?
I have made excuses for it and I think that Fury was willing to fight Price later when the fight would make more money, but it was a duck.

Even if I wanted to be stubborn and refuse to admit that it was a duck; I certainly wouldn't accuse Price of being a coward and that it was actually him who was the one that ducked the fight.

Reality is what it is and there is clear evidence that Kovalev ducked Stevenson.

It's crazy that people are denying it and getting so aggressive towards those who are willing to speak the truth.
boxing_rocks
Welterweight
Posts: 7851
Joined: 20 May 2016, 13:11

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by boxing_rocks »

There was NO duck from Kovalev's side. There was a decision to stick to HBO plus some stupid expectations Duva had regarding winning the purse bid or reaching an agreement to fight on HBO.
boxing_rocks
Welterweight
Posts: 7851
Joined: 20 May 2016, 13:11

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by boxing_rocks »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:36
oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:08 I think we have a new Kalan. 'nuff said.
Nah. Horse ain't Kalan. A bit of a jackass at times, but he ain't Kalan.
Kalan has some deep knowledge. Horse doesn't.
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

boxing_rocks wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:17 There was NO duck from Kovalev's side. There was a decision to stick to HBO plus some stupid expectations Duva had regarding winning the purse bid or reaching an agreement to fight on HBO.
Excuses, excuses.

Every duck has its reasons.

Having reasons for ducking still makes it a duck.

Quack, quack.
Last edited by Horse on 18 May 2018, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
gilgamesh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 47651
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 16:21

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by gilgamesh »

boxing_rocks wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:18
gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:36
oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:08 I think we have a new Kalan. 'nuff said.
Nah. Horse ain't Kalan. A bit of a jackass at times, but he ain't Kalan.
Kalan has some deep knowledge. Horse doesn't.
I never saw any Deep Knowledge from Kalan. I saw a lot of made up horsesh*t, but no deep knowledge.
Boxerbeetle
Cruiserweight
Posts: 33176
Joined: 19 Sep 2011, 10:59

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Boxerbeetle »

Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 15:58
Boxerbeetle wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 15:49Did you ever accept Fury ducking Price?
I have made excuses for it and I think that Fury was willing to fight Price later when the fight would make more money, but it was a duck.

Even if I wanted to be stubborn and refuse to admit that it was a duck; I certainly wouldn't accuse Price of being a coward and that it was actually him who was the one that ducked the fight.

Reality is what it is and there is clear evidence that Kovalev ducked Stevenson.

It's crazy that people are denying it and getting so aggressive towards those who are willing to speak the truth.
I would agree that the historical facts state Kovalev and his camp ducked Stevenson. However, I also firmly believe that Kovalev geniunely wanted the fight and Stevenson did not.
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:25I never saw any Deep Knowledge from Kalan. I saw a lot of made up horsesh*t, but no deep knowledge.
He always seemed like a fool to me.
Horse
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22336
Joined: 03 Jul 2005, 17:09

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Horse »

Boxerbeetle wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:30I would agree that the historical facts state Kovalev and his camp ducked Stevenson. However, I also firmly believe that Kovalev geniunely wanted the fight and Stevenson did not.
Stevenson's team seemed willing to make the fight though.

Stevenson hasn't shown huge ambition as champion, but I don't think that he is afraid of Kovalev and I think that he was willing to fight him and I think that he is still willing to fight him.

Has Kovalev said anything recently about fighting Stevenson? It might seem strange, but I think that it might actually be Kovalev who is the reluctant party regarding this fight.
Boxerbeetle
Cruiserweight
Posts: 33176
Joined: 19 Sep 2011, 10:59

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Boxerbeetle »

Horse wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:42
Boxerbeetle wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:30I would agree that the historical facts state Kovalev and his camp ducked Stevenson. However, I also firmly believe that Kovalev geniunely wanted the fight and Stevenson did not.
Stevenson's team seemed willing to make the fight though.

Stevenson hasn't shown huge ambition as champion, but I don't think that he is afraid of Kovalev and I think that he was willing to fight him and I think that he is still willing to fight him.

Has Kovalev said anything recently about fighting Stevenson? It might seem strange, but I think that it might actually be Kovalev who is the reluctant party regarding this fight.
I’m sure someone posted some quotes from the Kovalev press conference this week, he was still calling Stevenson a coward and a duck. Can’t seem to find the thread now though, so perhaps I dreamt it :maybe:

Edit: I’m an idiot, the quotes were posted earlier in this thread, not a separate one :oops:
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

boxing_rocks wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 16:18
gilgamesh wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:36
oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 14:08 I think we have a new Kalan. 'nuff said.
Nah. Horse ain't Kalan. A bit of a jackass at times, but he ain't Kalan.
Kalan has some deep knowledge. Horse doesn't.
OH so Horse calling me 'dummy' is the kettle, I see. Ok! LMAO! :TU:
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

I love how arguments arise from opinions. Some posters act as if their mother was insulted or they have money at risk. I'll never understand that.
marky86
Lightweight
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 May 2018, 17:33

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by marky86 »

Kovalev did withdraw from 50/50 purse bids remember.
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

marky86 wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 17:38 Kovalev did withdraw from 50/50 purse bids remember.
Do you know the circumstances surrounding that? Thanks!
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

It's pretty one-sided. I'd love to see them settle it in the ring.
boxing_rocks
Welterweight
Posts: 7851
Joined: 20 May 2016, 13:11

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by boxing_rocks »

oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 21:27
It's pretty one-sided. I'd love to see them settle it in the ring.
I would too, but it won't be as exciting as it would be a few years ago. A 41-year old Stevenson against post-Ward Kovalev ... Good but not great.
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

boxing_rocks wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 22:21
oogiebe wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 21:27
It's pretty one-sided. I'd love to see them settle it in the ring.
I would too, but it won't be as exciting as it would be a few years ago. A 41-year old Stevenson against post-Ward Kovalev ... Good but not great.
No doubt. 100%
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

Is Adonis Stevenson "bûllshîttîng" when he claims that Sergey Kovalev refused a guaranteed shot at the Canadian's WBC title in 2015?

In regards to the article you've quoted, Krusher's words are utterly meaningless and don't reflect the events that occurred in the real world.

Even you have previously recognised and admitted to the factual accuracy of Adonis' words, despite being a die-hard Sergey Kovalev fan.

So it seems you have far more integrity than the Russian WBO champion. Perhaps he should become your utterly devoted admirer than vice versa.?
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 11:54
Is Adonis Stevenson "bûllshîttîng" when he claims that Sergey Kovalev refused a guaranteed shot at the Canadian's WBC title in 2015?

In regards to the article you've quoted, Krusher's words are utterly meaningless and don't reflect the events that occurred in the real world.

Even you have previously recognised and admitted to the factual accuracy of Adonis' words, despite being a die-hard Sergey Kovalev fan.

So it seems you have far more integrity than the Russian WBO champion. Perhaps he should become your utterly devoted admirer than vice versa.?
Reading this from the outside, no one has proof on either side. Ergo; both fighters are responsible for not fighting. Period, the end! ;-)
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

oogiebe wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:16
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 11:54
Is Adonis Stevenson "bûllshîttîng" when he claims that Sergey Kovalev refused a guaranteed shot at the Canadian's WBC title in 2015?

In regards to the article you've quoted, Krusher's words are utterly meaningless and don't reflect the events that occurred in the real world.

Even you have previously recognised and admitted to the factual accuracy of Adonis' words, despite being a die-hard Sergey Kovalev fan.

So it seems you have far more integrity than the Russian WBO champion. Perhaps he should become your utterly devoted admirer than vice versa.?
Reading this from the outside, no one has proof on either side. Ergo; both fighters are responsible for not fighting. Period, the end! ;-)
There are several videos of Kathy Duva conceding to the real-world facts conveyed by Adonis Stevenson.

I've already posted several of them to the forum.

The fact that you uttered such a claim, without bothering to verify the factual accuracy of your own claims, must be rather embarrassing for you, surely? :OhYes:

Even boxing_rocks has reviewed them and commented on Duva's words.

Do you need me to very quickly post a video of Duva supporting Stevenson's claims? And if I do, will you aggressively attack Kovalev's words, as quickly as you prematurely attacked mine?
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:33
oogiebe wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:16
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 11:54
Is Adonis Stevenson "bûllshîttîng" when he claims that Sergey Kovalev refused a guaranteed shot at the Canadian's WBC title in 2015?

In regards to the article you've quoted, Krusher's words are utterly meaningless and don't reflect the events that occurred in the real world.

Even you have previously recognised and admitted to the factual accuracy of Adonis' words, despite being a die-hard Sergey Kovalev fan.

So it seems you have far more integrity than the Russian WBO champion. Perhaps he should become your utterly devoted admirer than vice versa.?
Reading this from the outside, no one has proof on either side. Ergo; both fighters are responsible for not fighting. Period, the end! ;-)
There are several videos of Kathy Duva conceding to the real-world facts conveyed by Adonis Stevenson.

I've already posted several of them to the forum.

The fact that you uttered such a claim, without bothering to verify the accuracy of your own claims, must be rather embarrassing for you, surely? :OhYes:

Do you need me to very quickly post a video of Duva supporting Stevenson's claims? And if I do, will you aggressively attack Kovalev's words, as quickly as you prematurely attacked mine?
Simply put. If you are responding to me, you are on crack.
Enlightened-One
Welterweight
Posts: 14618
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 05:12

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by Enlightened-One »

oogiebe wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:37
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:33
oogiebe wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:16

Reading this from the outside, no one has proof on either side. Ergo; both fighters are responsible for not fighting. Period, the end! ;-)
There are several videos of Kathy Duva conceding to the real-world facts conveyed by Adonis Stevenson.

I've already posted several of them to the forum.

The fact that you uttered such a claim, without bothering to verify the accuracy of your own claims, must be rather embarrassing for you, surely? :OhYes:

Do you need me to very quickly post a video of Duva supporting Stevenson's claims? And if I do, will you aggressively attack Kovalev's words, as quickly as you prematurely attacked mine?
Simply put. If you are responding to me, you are on crack.
Translating your words into their "real" meaning: "you're correct enlightened-one, I hastily jumped to conclusions, because I'd prefer to attack you than recognise real-world events".

Do you need me to post a video of Kathy Duva explaining the situation or will you concede to being proven wrong?

I don't mind either way, since all I need to do is recycle videos and interview transcripts I've already posted to this forum. :TU:
oogiebe
Light Heavyweight
Posts: 32990
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Adonis Stevenson: Kovalev Don't Want To Fight - I'd KO Him!

Post by oogiebe »

Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:40
oogiebe wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:37
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑19 May 2018, 12:33
There are several videos of Kathy Duva conceding to the real-world facts conveyed by Adonis Stevenson.

I've already posted several of them to the forum.

The fact that you uttered such a claim, without bothering to verify the accuracy of your own claims, must be rather embarrassing for you, surely? :OhYes:

Do you need me to very quickly post a video of Duva supporting Stevenson's claims? And if I do, will you aggressively attack Kovalev's words, as quickly as you prematurely attacked mine?
Simply put. If you are responding to me, you are on crack.
Translating your words into their "real" meaning: "you're correct enlightened-one, I hastily jumped to conclusions, because I'd prefer to attack you than recognise real-world events".

Do you need me to post a video of Kathy Duva explaining the situation or will you concede to being proven wrong?

I don't mind either way, since all I need to do is recycle videos and interview transcripts I've already posted to this forum. :TU:
Translating someone's words into something other than what they meant is a sure sign of psychosis. I don't read your posts much, mostly because you are way too long winded for me. IF one can't make a statement in a paragraph, one is probably wrong or misinformed.
Post Reply