Betting thread

Bard of Boxrec
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Betting thread

Post by Bard of Boxrec »

Since the other betting thread got locked, I'm starting another one.

Latest bet: Ladbrokes Kotelnik KO/Haye KO rounds 1-3 double at 40/1
Kotelnik KO/Wlad KO rounds 1-3 double at 25/1

Good odds I think. Feel strongly the Haye/Klit is over in the first 3 and also think Kotelnik will take Khan into the trenches and stop him late when Amir tires after pitty patting on an inpenetrable guard all night.
Bard of Boxrec
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Betting thread

Post by Bard of Boxrec »

Here's another interesting one - if I've got this right I believe the double for Kotelnik in rounds 10-12 and Haye in 1-3 is

169/1
Imagine, Haye lands first in his fight and takes out Wlad quicktime (conceivable) then a week later Khan/Kotelnik is still going into the championship rounds with Khan tiring and starting to flag with Kotelnik backing him up in round 10...(conceivable)

This is an incredible bet.
lefthook82
Light Heavyweight

Post by lefthook82 »

I might put a sneaky 20 on those odds but I wouldnt expect it back

If Kotelnik gets to khan it wont take 10 rounds
forcefraser
Light Heavyweight

Post by forcefraser »

Is that double correct? On BET 365 it is 130 - 1

It`s not a bad outside chance.
lefthook82
Light Heavyweight

Post by lefthook82 »

Sporting bet has 15/8 that the Traver v Dawson fight doesnt go the distance

I know logic says it is a points win but Dawson would have grown in confidence from their last encounter and if I recall he did have him in trouble on a number of occasions

I think if you drop 20 on it you have a fair chance of seeing your money come back

Non -boxing

Man Utd 11/10 to score in both halves against Man City. I think thats got to be at least worth 50 of your hard earned money.

Thats on totesport
WestEndRiot
Super Middleweight

Post by WestEndRiot »

I've got a few quid on Vitaliy Rusal to beat Marco Huck tonight at 11/2. Not great odds especially considering Huck is 1/10, but it makes an otherwise meaningless fight interesting and he's unbeaten with a decent number of KOs on his record so an upset's not out of the question.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

Feck it, I have £14.67 in my Bet365 account and it's all going on Dawson to stop Tarver in the tenth at 25/1 - I think Dawson's confidence in the last fight will be key. He had Tarver on the deck and tonight is the night I think Tarver's chin is going to go.
Asterix
Light Heavyweight

Post by Asterix »

WestEndRiot wrote:I've got a few quid on Vitaliy Rusal to beat Marco Huck tonight at 11/2. Not great odds especially considering Huck is 1/10, but it makes an otherwise meaningless fight interesting and he's unbeaten with a decent number of KOs on his record so an upset's not out of the question.
He has shrewd promoters and the bookies knew what they were doing. I put little to nothing on the under 8.5 rounds @ 6/5. With hindsight, I should have bet loads more.
Asterix
Light Heavyweight

Post by Asterix »

Dioufy wrote:Feck it, I have £14.67 in my Bet365 account and it's all going on Dawson to stop Tarver in the tenth at 25/1 - I think Dawson's confidence in the last fight will be key. He had Tarver on the deck and tonight is the night I think Tarver's chin is going to go.
So the bookies have put that at a 3.8% chance of that happening. It's definitely a possibility, but I doubt it will happen. I think Dawson will win a decision.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

Asterix wrote:
Dioufy wrote:Feck it, I have £14.67 in my Bet365 account and it's all going on Dawson to stop Tarver in the tenth at 25/1 - I think Dawson's confidence in the last fight will be key. He had Tarver on the deck and tonight is the night I think Tarver's chin is going to go.
So the bookies have put that at a 3.8% chance of that happening. It's definitely a possibility, but I doubt it will happen. I think Dawson will win a decision.
That's the most logical and safest bet to put on, but what will I win if I stuck £15 on that? About six pound back. I have a little feeling too that Dawson could do Tarver late on. If I didn't put money on this hunch and it won, I would probably hurt myself.
Asterix
Light Heavyweight

Post by Asterix »

Dioufy wrote:
Asterix wrote:
That's the most logical and safest bet to put on, but what will I win if I stuck £15 on that? About six pound back. I have a little feeling too that Dawson could do Tarver late on. If I didn't put money on this hunch and it won, I would probably hurt myself.
Why not hedge your betting? Put some small amounts on the late rounds and a bigger amount on Dawson winning by decision.

So if Dawson wins by decision you break even, but if he wins by KO in the last few rounds you make some nice mulah!
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

It's only £15 so I won't cry if I lose it, and if I put more on to 'cover myself' then Tarver would typically win. And a year down the line I will be in and out of rehab because I unsuccessfully tried winning back my money. I'll just stick with my punt on Dawson KO10, mate.

:DDD
Asterix
Light Heavyweight

Post by Asterix »

Good luck. I hope you win. :TU:
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

Just worked out what I would win, £366 big ones. I hope it wins too.

:TU:
Bard of Boxrec
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Bard of Boxrec »

i think your money is better spent on the 40/1 Haye KO 1-3 Kotelnik KO double - more upside and more chance imo :TU:
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

Funnily enough, I predicted that Haye would KO Wlad in five and Kotelnik would KO Khan in ten.
Asterix
Light Heavyweight

Post by Asterix »

I've just put 61p on Dawson to win by decision. :lol:

With regards to Haye vs Klit, I bet on Wlad winning by KO. I also bet on the under 8.5 rounds.

Edit: And if Kotelnik wins by KO or Khan wins by decision I make money.
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

At what odds did you put your 61p on? The best I have seen is about 1/4, so that should win you about 12p. If that comes off, mate, then you're buying the booze tonight.

:TU:
Asterix
Light Heavyweight

Post by Asterix »

Haha, I'll win 27p. I bet with bet365.com (odds are 1.44 AKA around 4/9)
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

Actually, that seems decent. I might cover myself after all.
confirmation
Light Heavyweight

Post by confirmation »

dawson will win this fight, the big hitters will be absolutely lumping on dawson to do the job. Free money. I've put a considerable sum on him to win (got to bet big to win small on this fight but its well worth it). Take my advice and earn some extra money by backing Dawson to win. Cheers.
confirmation
Light Heavyweight

Post by confirmation »

Odds of 1.15 are readily available on betfair but you might get nearer to 1.17 closer to the off. The Bank Of Daw is giving 15-17% interest on all shares tonight for one night only.
Hagler2002
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Hagler2002 »

confirmation wrote:dawson will win this fight, the big hitters will be absolutely lumping on dawson to do the job. Free money. I've put a considerable sum on him to win (got to bet big to win small on this fight but its well worth it). Take my advice and earn some extra money by backing Dawson to win. Cheers.
"Free Money" :lol:

Do you know a bloke called Money Tree
@matt___s
Cruiserweight

Post by @matt___s »

He did win and all.
confirmation
Light Heavyweight

Post by confirmation »

Hagler2002 wrote:
confirmation wrote:dawson will win this fight, the big hitters will be absolutely lumping on dawson to do the job. Free money. I've put a considerable sum on him to win (got to bet big to win small on this fight but its well worth it). Take my advice and earn some extra money by backing Dawson to win. Cheers.
"Free Money" :lol:

Do you know a bloke called Money Tree
haha, I love that guy, hilarious poster on the betfair forum!