BoxRecSim HOF

BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: BoxRecSim HOF

Post by BoxBuzz »

Managers do have their own catagory.....my remark was in regards to fighters. And so many did so well, that we could be inducting 5 or 6...so I really feel it needs to be one. And yes Pep had some very good competition......but in the clutch....he's the one who managed the trick.

This season was a season of equals.....like no other could ever be. It was a matter of who did Lady Luck walk with the most/best?

And her attention is what we are celebrating. Many performances were at/near stellar.
The End
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by The End »

The Hof Mayweather that Neri managed, was it Floyd Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather Jr.
p4p1
Cruiserweight

Post by p4p1 »

The End wrote:The Hof Mayweather that Neri managed, was it Floyd Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Pretty sure it was Jr as it was a current fighter season from memory
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

The Millionaire Roll Of Honour wing has been included, remember fighters on the roll are NOT in the Hall.

:TU:
The End
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by The End »

Armstrong definitely should be in
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

p4p1 wrote:
The End wrote:The Hof Mayweather that Neri managed, was it Floyd Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather Jr.

LOL....Mayweather's appearance in the HOF is due mostly to the FACT that he lost in his FIRST FIGHT of the season to Louie Collazo.....AKA the Great Collapzo....who is the ONLY fighter in Sim History to have fought his way to a perfect season.

Mayweather lost a few fights that season, but the fact that he led the way in terms of opening up that perfect season for Louie, did manage to land him in the Hall of Fame...... We want to thank Neri once again for allowing Floyd to be fodder for Louies legacy.
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

BoxBuzz wrote:
p4p1 wrote:

LOL....Mayweather's appearance in the HOF is due mostly to the FACT that he lost in his FIRST FIGHT of the season to Louie Collazo.....AKA the Great Collapzo....who is the ONLY fighter in Sim History to have fought his way to a perfect season.

Mayweather lost a few fights that season, but the fact that he led the way in terms of opening up that perfect season for Louie, did manage to land him in the Hall of Fame...... We want to thank Neri once again for allowing Floyd to be fodder for Louies legacy.
Remember when Tyson smashed Collapso?
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

I do, but of course that was not Collapso Louie of old. Important also to note that it was not a pound for pound event. And still Louie put up a brave 30 seconds or more.
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

With Willies win over Gene Tunney, and his collection of ALL the belts, and defending the Lonsdale more than any other fighter....it would appear that Willie should be confirmed into the Hall of fame.

He had a rather epic run.
Deadendgeneration
Super Middleweight

Post by Deadendgeneration »

BoxBuzz wrote:Willie Pep should be the one and only entry from the #4# season.

Not that their weren't many great performers, but at the end, he held it all.....and he held the Lonsdale for quite sometime along the way.
:bow:
Deadendgeneration
Super Middleweight

DetroitHxC wrote:Should I get some sort of special mention for having both fighters in the top ten for virtually the entire season?
Join the club.
Deadendgeneration
Super Middleweight

BoxBuzz wrote:Managers do have their own catagory.....my remark was in regards to fighters. And so many did so well, that we could be inducting 5 or 6...so I really feel it needs to be one. And yes Pep had some very good competition......but in the clutch....he's the one who managed the trick.

This season was a season of equals.....like no other could ever be. It was a matter of who did Lady Luck walk with the most/best?

And her attention is what we are celebrating. Many performances were at/near stellar.

Not so sure about luck. My fighters were matched hard from the very start. The only time they took on CPU opponents was during commish weeks. Going 1-1 :oops:
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

Deadendgeneration wrote:
DetroitHxC wrote:Should I get some sort of special mention for having both fighters in the top ten for virtually the entire season?
Join the club.

Interesting Question.....I was the first manager to have both fighters become unified champion (Bowe and Wills) (Though I think Kevo may have accomplshed it that same "pre deletion" year. ) And neither of us were given status for that particular accomplishment.
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

The debates have to be settled, I have created HOF polls for all of the contenders of last season. We'll get it sorted one way or the other gents.
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

Way to many HoF nominations there Crease. Only the best of the best of the best, season long stand out fighters deserve to be included.
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

kevo wrote:Way to many HoF nominations there Crease. Only the best of the best of the best, season long stand out fighters deserve to be included.
Well I was being thorough. We all want to move forward after May 1st (the closing date of the polls) and I don't think that any of us want our rival Managers complaining about lack of recognition for their fighters achievements later in this season.

The only way to prevent future grumbling is to have polls for all the top contenders. Anyways, it will be over soon and the HOF will be updated.
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

HOF has been updated!!!

Congrats to the 4 new additions.
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

I nominate the manager 'kevo', widely considered to be the G.O.A.T amongst Sim managers, enter the Hof in the 'Pioneers' category for being the first person to implement the W-L-D colour format we see today (0-0-0. This occurred during the Timeless HW Season ran by Neri).

"Hey kevo, I really like that color format you use for your fighters W-L-D record. It's such a good idea!" - BoxBuzz (Second greatest Sim manager of all time)
gilgamesh
Super Welterweight

Post by gilgamesh »

kevo wrote:I nominate the manager 'kevo', widely considered to be the G.O.A.T amongst Sim managers, enter the Hof in the 'Pioneers' category for being the first person to implement the W-L-D colour format we see today (0-0-0. This occurred during the Timeless HW Season ran by Neri).

"Hey kevo, I really like that color format you use for your fighters W-L-D record. It's such a good idea!" - BoxBuzz (Second greatest Sim manager of all time)
You're already in the HOF kevo
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

gilgamesh wrote:
kevo wrote:I nominate the manager 'kevo', widely considered to be the G.O.A.T amongst Sim managers, enter the Hof in the 'Pioneers' category for being the first person to implement the W-L-D colour format we see today (0-0-0. This occurred during the Timeless HW Season ran by Neri).

You're already in the HOF kevo
Yeah, but I want to be in again.
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

DetroitHxC wrote:I just realized that I was the last person to join The Alliance, the first to leave, and the only inducted into the HoF. 8)
SSM>The Alliance
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

DetroitHxC wrote:I can't argue with that.

Why do you think I left those jabronis? They were mucking up my image.
You did the right thing, they were holding you back. You'd have made The Hall sooner if it weren't for those bozos.
gilgamesh
Super Welterweight

Post by gilgamesh »

DetroitHxC wrote:

:bow:

You're right.

Nearly every manager has since copied this.

This is one of the biggest unrecognized contributions in Sim history, and surely a place in the HoF is in order.
I like to leave the Draw section just plain color the way it automatically is, but Green and Red for wins and losses is definitely a good idea. :TU:
kevo
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by kevo »

So it's settled then, kevo enters the HoF in the 'Pioneers' section.

Is there no end to kevo's greatness?

No, there is no end to kevo's greatness.
BoxBuzz
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by BoxBuzz »

As there is no, and has never been, and likely shall never be, a specific commencement to Buzz's Awesomaniacal Majesticated Omnipresential Wickedisms.

Deny this ONLY IF........ you can.