Colin Hart

The Main Event Show
Middleweight

Colin Hart

Post by The Main Event Show »

Is Colin Hart right not to vote iron Mike into the Hall of Fame?
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Colin Hart

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

No he is wrong. The hall of fame is just that, a hall of fame. Tyson was one of the most famous fighters in the history of the sport, he was also the youngest ever undisputed champion. You can pick apart his record, but then the same can be said of Dempsey, Marciano, even Louis.

How many other more dominant champs can anyone name. Ali, Louis, Holmes, Lewis....after that it gets difficult quickly. Most heavyweight champs have had a pretty brief reign when you look at their records. Tyson is one of those, but he still deserves at the least a top 15 rating.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Colin Hart is stuck in the past anyways. His opinions are never worth too much attention anyways.
The years and oppurtunities he has had around boxing - yet, what he knows about boxing, you could write on the back of a stamp ....in large letters.
Poncey
Cruiserweight

Post by Poncey »

BIGMARK wrote:I am not a Mike Tyson fan but feel he deserves his place in the HOF. Apart from being an amazing figher to watch at his peek he and the Rocky films are responsible for giving boxing a huge boost in the late 80's early 90's.
If McGuigan is the yard stick, Hart has his head up his ass!
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

Poncey wrote:
BIGMARK wrote:I am not a Mike Tyson fan but feel he deserves his place in the HOF. Apart from being an amazing figher to watch at his peek he and the Rocky films are responsible for giving boxing a huge boost in the late 80's early 90's.
If McGuigan is the yard stick, Hart has his head up his ass!
Yes indeed, that's what I thought. However, in fairness, maybe Colin didn't vote McGuigan in.
TheCobra
Light Heavyweight

Post by TheCobra »

Colin Hart should be in the hall of fame for most annoying pundits of all time, for any sport.
dondada
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by dondada »

Tyson should sail through. He was the most famous sportsman on earth at one time.
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

Ian 'Mr' McNeilly wrote:Tyson should sail through. He was the most famous sportsman on earth at one time.
Yes, not as famous as Ali, as Hart would doubtless opine.
Rocky Balboa
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Rocky Balboa »

jamesmcdonnell wrote:
Ian 'Mr' McNeilly wrote:Tyson should sail through. He was the most famous sportsman on earth at one time.
Yes, not as famous as Ali, as Hart would doubtless opine.
My thoughts exactly!

Colin Hart probably thinks Ali is the best P4P fighter ever. Its open to debate whether is the best HW ever, let alone P4P best.

What HOF is Colin Hart in? The Donut HOF, perhaps?

Tyson has forgotten more about Boxing than Colin Hart will ever know! And Iron Mike still knows more about the sport!
dondada
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by dondada »

Rocky Balboa wrote:
Only met him the once but should be seeing him tonight. I'll re-introduce myself with this question :lol:
Captain Hook
Cruiserweight

Post by Captain Hook »

Hart is stuck in the 1970s. He was shite then and he is shite now.....clueless.

Yes Tyson should be in the HOF, and I agree Barry is the yardstick....
THEBUTCH
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by THEBUTCH »

Surley it isn't even up for question :?? :o

When Tyson boxed the sporting world sat up and took notice. The excitement he generated before and during a fight was unsurpassed in the history of the sport.

There must be tons of boxing fans who rate Tyson as best Heavyweight of all time, and even more who rate him as one of the best of all time.....that alone guarantees him his spot. Once again Hart proves himself to be a complete buffoon.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

A pet hate of mine - is how the ignorant Colin Hart still refers to Joe Louis as Joe Louie :witzend:

Joe Louis never once refered to himself as Louie. It came about from another boxing pundit who decided to give the French pronunciation, to most probably sound more sophisticated :oops: ... and Hart has been too ignorant to find out, and use, the correct pronunciation in all his years in the game..
Terminator666
Cruiserweight

Post by Terminator666 »

I agree Tyson should be in it as at one point he was the most famous person in boxing (and probably the world)
As an all time great though, where does he stand. Taking into account the best fighter he fought beat him twice( Holly) and the Douglas loss-Than there are no stand out names on his own victory list-So what does everyone think?
Last edited by Terminator666 on 26 Oct 2010, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

The thing is, there are few heavyweights who were at the top of the pile for long.

Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Louis are the exception. Most of the rest had few years at the top.

When we look at records, the likes of Dempsey had more soft touches than a virgins muff.
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

BIGMARK wrote:
THEBUTCH wrote:.

There must be tons of boxing fans who rate Tyson as best Heavyweight of all time, and even more who rate him as one of the best of all time.....that alone guarantees him his spot. Once again Hart proves himself to be a complete buffoon.
if someone starts a boxing conversation with "Tyson was the best heavyweight ever" i normally change the subject. If someone says Tyson was "one of the best of all time" i walk away and never speak to them again.
Christ, you're a bit of an emotional jellyfish aren't you?
Loynesy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Loynesy »

Ian 'Mr' McNeilly wrote:
Rocky Balboa wrote:
Only met him the once but should be seeing him tonight. I'll re-introduce myself with this question :lol:
Ian - namedropper. Make sure you don't have too many pints in the pub beforehand...
Chambers2
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Chambers2 »

Tyson's not already in the HOF???? :o
He should definitely be in IMO
WestEndRiot
Light Heavyweight

Post by WestEndRiot »

What qualifies Colin Hart to vote on the Hall of Fame?
antcull
Middleweight

Post by antcull »

I wonder about Harts thoughts on Monzon being in the HOF :lol: , hes probably fine with it has he was fighting in the 70s.
ApolloCreed
Light Heavyweight

Post by ApolloCreed »

yes i was once reading my Boxing News in a pub in Soho when a guy started a conversation (not that sort of conversation) about boxing with the gem of "you like boxing (pointing to the magazine) so tell me why that Lennox lewis wont fight Eubank?" i reply with "he must be scared" which he agreed with calling Lewis a yank and walking away.
:OhYes:
Trojans44
Middleweight

Post by Trojans44 »

I have to say I'm absolutely astonished that it seems to be unanimous that Tyson should get in. Need I remind you that the man is a convicted rapist? Or that he deliberately maimed a true ring great during a title fight? Or that he has been convicted of assulting women, journalists, promoters and trainers? Or that he has numerous convictions for drug abuse? Or how about the time he explained to the world that his ideal scenario in a fight was to smash his opponent's nose through his brain?

Tyson is a man who has disgraced himself and the sport of boxing in just about every way imaginable, to vindicate and celebrate his career in this way is an affront to the many true greats of the sport who represented it with honour. It is true that the HOF is not a whos who of alter boys but Tyson's crimes are not petty misdemeanours. Including the likes of Tyson in the HOF degrades the sport.
J
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by J »

hi colin .....hows the wig?
Datsue
Light Heavyweight

Post by Datsue »

Trojans44 wrote:I have to say I'm absolutely astonished that it seems to be unanimous that Tyson should get in. Need I remind you that the man is a convicted rapist? Or that he deliberately maimed a true ring great during a title fight? Or that he has been convicted of assulting women, journalists, promoters and trainers? Or that he has numerous convictions for drug abuse? Or how about the time he explained to the world that his ideal scenario in a fight was to smash his opponent's nose through his brain?

Tyson is a man who has disgraced himself and the sport of boxing in just about every way imaginable, to vindicate and celebrate his career in this way is an affront to the many true greats of the sport who represented it with honour. It is true that the HOF is not a whos who of alter boys but Tyson's crimes are not petty misdemeanours. Including the likes of Tyson in the HOF degrades the sport.

Ahem. Cough.

http://www.ibhof.com/pages/about/induct ... iston.html

Ahem.
freddydoesdallas
Middleweight

Post by freddydoesdallas »

BIGMARK wrote:
jamesmcdonnell wrote:
BIGMARK wrote: if someone starts a boxing conversation with "Tyson was the best heavyweight ever" i normally change the subject. If someone says Tyson was "one of the best of all time" i walk away and never speak to them again.
Christ, you're a bit of an emotional jellyfish aren't you?
yes :( i was once reading my Boxing News in a pub in Soho when a guy started a conversation (not that sort of conversation) about boxing with the gem of "you like boxing (pointing to the magazine) so tell me why that Lennox lewis wont fight Eubank?" i reply with "he must be scared" which he agreed with calling Lewis a yank and walking away.
:lol: i've had many an idiot strike up similar conversations