Page 1 of 2

WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 12:20
by Ruthless-RKO
The World Boxing Organization will re-score the Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn welterweight title fight because of the contentious unanimous decision awarded to the Australian challenger - but there is no plan to change the result.

The WBO was responding to a Philippines government department's request to review the fight after Pacquiao said the decision against him last Sunday was unfair.

The Philippines Games and Amusements Board (GAB) said it based the request on protecting boxing's integrity, citing possible miscalls by the referee and judges. But the WBO reiterated its only hope of revoking the fight judges' decision rests on proving fraud in match officiating.

"I would be very grateful if the GAB can provide any evidence indicating fraud or violation of law," WBO President Francisco Valcarcel said in a letter to the GAB dated Thursday.

"The purpose of this review is to be able to give the fans certainty of who was the winner of the bout, even though we do not have the power to reverse the decision of the judges."

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 12:31
by Badhusker
Pacquiao and Pinoy land need to quit crying and take it out on Horn in the rematch. Pacquiao said he respected the judges decision, but.............mentioned illegal head butts, rabbit punches, low blows, elbows, headlocks, and being sick, on the loss. Even though I thought he did enough to win, think he is pathetic for going this far. The result won't change. Deal with it. FFS, he still thinks he beat Floyd. Pacquaio is a sore loser, plain and simple.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 12:42
by gilgamesh
Re-scoring it seems completely pointless. They can't overchange the result at most what can they do? Make Pac the WBO Mandatory...I mean...he's already got a rematch clause so....

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 14:21
by handsofstone
I make a point of never trying to rescore a fight, especially after controversy, you'll only sway your on opinion even if its subconscious, you'll either try to get it "right" or you'll convince yourself that you were "right" first time around., I get plenty of fights "wrong", everyone does, ive had a few shockers over they years

I had Horn winning 115-114, I wouldn't have made a sound if Pacquiao got it, i couldn't split them in the last round if I gave it to Manny then ive got it a draw.,it was a close fight with not a lot of real quality on show, especially not the sort of quality we've come to expect from Pacquiao who IMO looked great in the Bradley 3/Vargas fights, the 117-111 card was a poor effort but IMO this fight was lost on workrate, with not a lot of clean action early on especially

Did Pacquaio make a complaint after the 1st Bradley fight?

Also Teddy Atlas is so overbearing with his opinion i'd imagine he sways 80% of viewers , most guys who visit boxing forums might not be so easily swayed but the casuals will be

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 14:27
by Ruthless-RKO
handsofstone wrote:I make a point of never trying to rescore a fight, especially after controversy, you'll only sway your on opinion even if its subconscious, you'll either try to get it "right" or you'll convince yourself that you were "right" first time around., I get plenty of fights "wrong", everyone does, ive had a few shockers over they years

I had Horn winning 115-114, I wouldn't have made a sound if Pacquiao got it, i couldn't split them in the last round if I gave it to Manny then ive got it a draw.,it was a close fight with not a lot of real quality on show, especially not the sort of quality we've come to expect from Pacquiao who IMO looked great in the Bradley 3/Vargas fights, the 117-111 card was a poor effort but IMO this fight was lost on workrate, with not a lot of clean action early on especially

Did Pacquaio make a complaint after the 1st Bradley fight?

Also Teddy Atlas is so overbearing with his opinion i'd imagine he sways 80% of viewers , most guys who visit boxing forums might not be so easily swayed but the casuals will be
This is so true.. When watching on TV, some commentators will lick Boxer A's ass, and hardly mention Boxer B when he does anything good.. It's the same with crowd reactions..,

Everytime Brook connected against GGG, the crowd got a boner.. But when GGG was hurting Brook.. It was all silence.

I don't like comparing or re-scoring fights myself.. I never even scored the Pac-Horn fight. I was thinking of doing so, but because of all the controversy, I don't see the point...

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 15:04
by Ricky_
handsofstone wrote:
Did Pacquaio make a complaint after the 1st Bradley fight?

Something similar to this happened after Pac-Brad 1.

The WBO put together a panel of 5-judges to score the fight and came back with:

115-111, 116-112, 117-111, 118-110, 117-111 all in favour of Pacman.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 15:32
by Thomastearns
Ricky_ wrote:
handsofstone wrote:
Did Pacquaio make a complaint after the 1st Bradley fight?

Something similar to this happened after Pac-Brad 1.

The WBO put together a panel of 5-judges to score the fight and came back with:

115-111, 116-112, 117-111, 118-110, 117-111 all in favour of Pacman.
Better late than never. Now there's an idea, a 5 judge panel! Or how about 10 or even 12 (minimum jury number as adopted by the US Supreme Court)?

Just 3 judges looks wobbly. For all kinds of reasons.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 15:40
by ldlamb
I thought Pacquiao won handily.

But I agree with those who say this is silly...just have the rematch.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 15:43
by crusader
Badhusker wrote:Pacquiao and Pinoy land need to quit crying and take it out on Horn in the rematch. Pacquiao said he respected the judges decision, but.............mentioned illegal head butts, rabbit punches, low blows, elbows, headlocks, and being sick, on the loss. Even though I thought he did enough to win, think he is pathetic for going this far. The result won't change. Deal with it. FFS, he still thinks he beat Floyd. Pacquaio is a sore loser, plain and simple.
Honestly mate, you sound like an even bigger whiny bitch when you post about Manny. You strike me as a one of those Floyd fans who now dislikes Manny for life simply because he was FM's rival.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 17:05
by Badhusker
crusader wrote:
Badhusker wrote:Pacquiao and Pinoy land need to quit crying and take it out on Horn in the rematch. Pacquiao said he respected the judges decision, but.............mentioned illegal head butts, rabbit punches, low blows, elbows, headlocks, and being sick, on the loss. Even though I thought he did enough to win, think he is pathetic for going this far. The result won't change. Deal with it. FFS, he still thinks he beat Floyd. Pacquaio is a sore loser, plain and simple.
Honestly mate, you sound like an even bigger whiny bitch when you post about Manny. You strike me as a one of those Floyd fans who now dislikes Manny for life simply because he was FM's rival.
I don't give a rat's ass what I strike you as.
I'll admit I am seriously beginning to dislike Pac for reasons (facts) like I stayed above. I also feel the same about butthurt dipshits like you that go to poor Manny's defense whether it's warranted or not. I'm just calling it like is and saying everyone needs to move on because nothing will change. Take it out on Horn in the rematch.
You construe that as being a whiney bitch? The truth obviously hurts. Tough shitt.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 17:17
by crusader
I'm not a Manny defender at all and I don't really have a problem with the decision (9-3 was off though) or how Horn fought. I'm just pointing out that your continual moaning about him makes you sound like a whiner, and from reading your posts you come across as a scornful Floyd fan.

We are in a Pac-Horn thread, so I'm surprised that you haven't complained, for the zillioneth time, that people criticized Floyd-Berto more than this fight

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 17:20
by Ossyrules
Badhusker wrote:Pacquiao and Pinoy land need to quit crying and take it out on Horn in the rematch. Pacquiao said he respected the judges decision, but.............mentioned illegal head butts, rabbit punches, low blows, elbows, headlocks, and being sick, on the loss. Even though I thought he did enough to win, think he is pathetic for going this far. The result won't change. Deal with it. FFS, he still thinks he beat Floyd. Pacquaio is a sore loser, plain and simple.
As per the other thread, pull your plonker out of floyds arse

The op had nothing to do with him

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 17:54
by Badhusker
crusader wrote:I'm not a Manny defender at all and I don't really have a problem with the decision (9-3 was off though) or how Horn fought. I'm just pointing out that your continual moaning about him makes you sound like a whiner, and from reading your posts you come across as a scornful Floyd fan.

We are in a Pac-Horn thread, so I'm surprised that you haven't complained, for the zillioneth time, that people criticized Floyd-Berto more than this fight
:zzz: Maybe you should focus on the topic and ignore what I have to say if you don't like it? How about report me for criticizing Manny too much? I don't comment here to make friends, or looking for someone to agree with my opinion. I sure as hell don't try to analyze other's posts like you apparently do, waiting for others to chime in and agree with you. Put me on ignore, please. I'll do the same. Get a freaking life dude.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 17:55
by crusader
Bye :lol:

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 18:19
by KiwiRider
It means nothing of they do it, as previously said, they can have a rematch and the board can't change the outcome.
But like the re score of the Bradley fight, I am interested in what they come up with.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 07 Jul 2017, 21:57
by amwsnw
Ricky_ wrote:
handsofstone wrote:
Did Pacquaio make a complaint after the 1st Bradley fight?

Something similar to this happened after Pac-Brad 1.

The WBO put together a panel of 5-judges to score the fight and came back with:

115-111, 116-112, 117-111, 118-110, 117-111 all in favour of Pacman.
But it doesn't change the result unless they prove fraud or corruption (and it didnt in the Bradley bout), which i believe will not be proven. If they have in fact caved into pressure from the Philippines Governing Body the WBO need to look at why they are doing this. It will prove nothing. You cannot replicate the view or sound of the judges at ringside. If the WBO or any other org make this the norm s why not have all judges locked in a room away from the venue and judge off a monitor.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 10 Jul 2017, 22:37
by Sids
All 5 judges score the fight for Horn 7 rounds to 5.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 10 Jul 2017, 22:41
by crusader
Sids wrote:All 5 judges score the fight for Horn 7 rounds to 5.
The re-judging scores were

115-113 Horn
114-113 Horn x2
114-113 Pac
114-114

7-5 was some 'combined'' score they worked out.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 10 Jul 2017, 22:51
by crusader
Pac won 3, 8, and 9 unanimously on the rescore; Horn 1,6, and 12.

Image

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 11 Jul 2017, 00:24
by JCS
Sids wrote:All 5 judges score the fight for Horn 7 rounds to 5.
Fail.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 11 Jul 2017, 00:39
by Best Coast
gilgamesh wrote:Re-scoring it seems completely pointless. They can't overchange the result at most what can they do? Make Pac the WBO Mandatory...I mean...he's already got a rematch clause so....
Exactly...this is just a pathetic attempt at face-saving by the farcical WBO!! :doh:

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 11 Jul 2017, 00:44
by RScarf1
I think these re-scores are further evidence that Pacquiao will lose a rematch if it happens.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 11 Jul 2017, 01:37
by lazboy
JCS wrote:
Sids wrote:All 5 judges score the fight for Horn 7 rounds to 5.
Fail.
Spelling mistake. Fair is spelt with an R not a L.

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 11 Jul 2017, 03:10
by jezzamundo
The five scorecards are clearly a better representation of the fight than the official judges' scorecards - perhaps this is how boxing should be judged. I also think the 9th should have been a 10-8, so for me 114-113 Horn is a good scorecard (although I had it 114-113 Pac Man).

Re: WBO to re-score Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn bue...

Posted: 11 Jul 2017, 03:14
by Ruthless-RKO
jezzamundo wrote:The five scorecards are clearly a better representation of the fight than the official judges' scorecards - perhaps this is how boxing should be judged. I also think the 9th should have been a 10-8, so for me 114-113 Horn is a good scorecard (although I had it 114-113 Pac Man).
Kind of like a newspaper decision, when they find out a day later..