Page 1 of 3

Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:07
by Ruthless-RKO
What was the alternative for Golovkin if he would've held firm on his stance, who would have been his next opponent?

Tom Loeffler, the head of GGG Promotions told BS.com - "we were going to go clearly in the direction of Billy Joe Saunders. I have to give Saunders credit, they had already accepted the offer It had already got to that point where I had made a firm offer to allegedly, which they accepted because I didn't think there was a way to make this work."

Saunders was an attractive option for Golovkin because he holds the WBO middleweight title.

According to Loeffler this match-up would've taken place on August 25th at the Forum near Los Angeles. But as a 'Hail Mary' saved Canelo-GGG II. Saunders lost his opportunity to face Golovkin, who still holds the WBA, IBO and WBC titles.

"I was always upfront with them,'' explained Loeffler.

"They knew that Canelo was the priority but I also told them we wouldn't have made the offer if we thought the Canelo fight was going to get made. So we give Billy Joe Saunders credit for wanting the fight, be willing to unify. It would've been a great promotion, two undefeated champions fighting each other and if Triple G is successful against Canelo - that would be his priority with Saunders."

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:08
by Ruthless-RKO
I wonder how BJS's hamstring is holding up. He's had no fight this year. He could still fight twice.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:15
by dirk2686
Leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth that he's pulling out of fights that fans have paid good money to watch with dubious injury stories whilst openly negotiating for bigger fights.

I'd have no problem if Saunders went after the big two at the division whilst keeping his powder dry but this really goes a long way to show that FW is happy to see fans treated like mugs.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:17
by TheGman
BJS the snake,hope he doesnt fight this year cheating murray out of a fight,doesnt matter if he would of beat murray he has stopped him from earning cash

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:24
by bigjack
I bet Murray had a little smile to himself when he heard that.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:32
by dookus
No surprise at all, BJS has the morals of a cat

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:34
by Bigdogsnose
I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 04:52
by danconnollyeire
Bigdogsnose wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 04:34 I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
For what? The British fvcking title? Who next... Nick Quigley?

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 05:48
by smiling assassin
Can't blame BJS for pulling out the Murray fight if he was told there was a good chance he would fight GGG. Murray will be a happy man after hearing that. Saunders comes across as a cock so I don't think to many are gonna feel sorry for him

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 06:24
by dirk2686
smiling assassin wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 05:48 Can't blame BJS for pulling out the Murray fight if he was told there was a good chance he would fight GGG. Murray will be a happy man after hearing that. Saunders comes across as a cock so I don't think to many are gonna feel sorry for him
If Saunders wants to fight GGG then he should be arranging to fight him. Not stringing along fans and opponents all of whom end up out of pocket when he pulls the plug.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:00
by smiling assassin
dirk2686 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:24
smiling assassin wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 05:48 Can't blame BJS for pulling out the Murray fight if he was told there was a good chance he would fight GGG. Murray will be a happy man after hearing that. Saunders comes across as a cock so I don't think to many are gonna feel sorry for him
If Saunders wants to fight GGG then he should be arranging to fight him. Not stringing along fans and opponents all of whom end up out of pocket when he pulls the plug.
knowone knows what was said to him though by his promoter to how likely the fight with GGG was to happening. It's not good for all involved in him pulling out but if he pulled out and got the GGG fight all would of been forgotten. This is modern day boxing its business first

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:03
by Bigdogsnose
danconnollyeire wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 04:52
Bigdogsnose wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 04:34 I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
For what? The British fvcking title? Who next... Nick Quigley?

aye seems a pointless fight. Reckon BJS could just be marking time waiting for a big one.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:44
by Sklar
Bigdogsnose wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:03
danconnollyeire wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 04:52
Bigdogsnose wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 04:34 I think frank is going to set up BJS V Heffron. Looking at the respective twitter feeds the seed is being sewn. Would be a huge step up mind (for Heffron)
For what? The British fvcking title? Who next... Nick Quigley?

aye seems a pointless fight. Reckon BJS could just be marking time waiting for a big one.
That's obviously what he's doing. For his sake, I hope he doesn't miss out though. Why would either GGG or Canelo choose to fight him unless there were no other options?

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:50
by ThereByTheGrace
What a shame for saunders :OhYes:

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:56
by tobyh5
Just as BJS get some respect, he throws it in the bin with the pull out and blatant dishonesty. Regardless of truth and lies, right or wrong, I personally would never buy a ticket to his fights as far too unreliable.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 09:52
by Taansend
ThereByTheGrace wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:50 What a shame for saunders :OhYes:
I know. Poor bastard. Having an opponent pull out like that :verysad:

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 10:35
by Ruthless-RKO
Taansend wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:52
ThereByTheGrace wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:50 What a shame for saunders :OhYes:
I know. Poor bastard. Having an opponent pull out like that :verysad:
:lol:

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 11:12
by keithmoonhangover
tobyh5 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:56 Just as BJS get some respect, he throws it in the bin with the pull out and blatant dishonesty. Regardless of truth and lies, right or wrong, I personally would never buy a ticket to his fights as far too unreliable.
This. :TU:

I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 11:18
by Taansend
keithmoonhangover wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:12
tobyh5 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:56 Just as BJS get some respect, he throws it in the bin with the pull out and blatant dishonesty. Regardless of truth and lies, right or wrong, I personally would never buy a ticket to his fights as far too unreliable.
This. :TU:

I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
I can tell that when his lips are moving :OhYes:

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 11:20
by bigjack
keithmoonhangover wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:12
tobyh5 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:56 Just as BJS get some respect, he throws it in the bin with the pull out and blatant dishonesty. Regardless of truth and lies, right or wrong, I personally would never buy a ticket to his fights as far too unreliable.
This. :TU:

I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
You can always tell when Wazza is lying,his lips are moving :lol:

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 11:22
by Taansend
Is LA Forum in France?

Odd place for this fight to land :maybe:

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:00
by mickey1975
Taansend wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:22 Is LA Forum in France?

Odd place for this fight to land :maybe:
He's fought a few times in Monaco, couldn't say no to La Forum.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:05
by bripez
bigjack wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:20
keithmoonhangover wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:12
tobyh5 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 07:56 Just as BJS get some respect, he throws it in the bin with the pull out and blatant dishonesty. Regardless of truth and lies, right or wrong, I personally would never buy a ticket to his fights as far too unreliable.
This. :TU:

I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
You can always tell when Wazza is lying,his lips are moving :lol:
That's true - and the various head and shoulder twitches get worse.

Like most people one here, I have zero sympathy for BJS.

Murray was not an easy fight, but one that I highly fancied Saunders to win - it would have been ideal preparation for a big fight like against GGG later in the year (guess they were worried about cuts/injury?).

Anyway, BJS and his mate are a pair of pricks !

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:51
by bigjack
bripez wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 12:05
bigjack wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:20
keithmoonhangover wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:12

This. :TU:

I watched Wazza's IFL interview recently and you could tell by the way his eyes were dancing all over the place that he wasn't telling the whole truth.
You can always tell when Wazza is lying,his lips are moving :lol:
That's true - and the various head and shoulder twitches get worse.

Like most people one here, I have zero sympathy for BJS.

Murray was not an easy fight, but one that I highly fancied Saunders to win - it would have been ideal preparation for a big fight like against GGG later in the year (guess they were worried about cuts/injury?).

Anyway, BJS and his mate are a pair of pricks !
BJS is a vile bully,i thought he was turning a corner when he joined Dominic Ingle and went to Canada for his best win,sadly judging by some of his latest videos he clearly is a complete arsehole.

Re: Golovkin-Saunders Deal Was in Place For August 25, at LA Forum

Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 13:22
by Nightmare Roy
I'm feeling the love for BJS in this thread :lol: Murray must be laughing his bollox off.