Page 1 of 1

Gilberto Ramirez vs Alexis Angulo

Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 02:28
by diddy
Anyone know a damn thing about Angulo? Doesnt appear he's ever fought anyone. Are we getting a real fight here or another squash match?

Re: Gilberto Ramirez vs Alexis Angulo

Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 03:23
by hulkmaniac
I was just looking at this. Angulo is 34 and undefeated with 87% KO's. I do not recognize anyone he fought, so it is hard to gauge how good he really is.

Re: Gilberto Ramirez vs Alexis Angulo

Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 04:49
by Enlightened-One
The WBO’s decision to regard Roamer Alexis Angulo as a world-rated top-15 qualified title challenger since November 2016 seems rather bizarre to me, considering the calibre of opposition the Colombian has faced.

I’m guessing that Top Rank are looking to keep Zurdo active against easy-prey whilst waiting for a big fight to materialise.

I am aslo confused about the reason why both The RING and ESPN rate Gilberto Ramirez as one of the top dogs of the 168lbs division, but his resume, fighting style and amateur pedigree doesn’t seem to warrant his possession of such a prestigious status.

An inevitable Ramirez victory over Angulo isn’t going to make me consider revising this opinion.

Re: Gilberto Ramirez vs Alexis Angulo

Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 05:12
by KiwiRider
Yep, just another paper opponent for the mighty Zirdildo to further cement his all time greatness and another step closer to 50-0 and never challenged.

Re: Gilberto Ramirez vs Alexis Angulo

Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 06:02
by keirw
Angulo may well be a soft touch, but I doubt he will be any worse than Rocky Fielding, which was a fight that was mentioned before.

Hopefully this will be Ramirez last stay busy fight and he will face the Groves/Smith winner later this year.