VINTAGE KICKBOXING MATCHES

HomicideHenry
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

VINTAGE KICKBOXING MATCHES

Post by HomicideHenry »

Randall "Tex" Cobb vs "Big" John Jackson, the first of two encounters, Cobb loses a decision in this fight but would later knockout Jackson in the return bout--- unfortunately (at this time) film of that encounter has not been uploaded.
Oiky
Super Lightweight

Re: VINTAGE KICKBOXING MATCHES

Post by Oiky »

Great fight Henry ☝️

Not straight KB but I love this old footage :TU:

Anything with branko cikatic in Is a good fight aswell :bag:
HomicideHenry
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by HomicideHenry »

Ernesto Hoost, probably the greatest in K-1 history.

Prior to this, I remember Bob Sapp on Art Dore's TOUGHMAN contests on FX.
Oiky
Super Lightweight

Post by Oiky »

Hoost is quality :TU:
HomicideHenry
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by HomicideHenry »

Oiky wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 06:45 Hoost is quality :TU:
I was a big fan of Jerome LeBanner too. He (LeBanner) had a brief foray into pro boxing as well.

Alot of guys from K1 had boxing pedigrees. Even "The Giant" Jan Nortje (6'11") was a boxer.

It was fun, too seeing guys like Frans Botha and Shannon Briggs crossover into K1.

Speaking of which, the one and only kickboxing match of Briggs career.

And.... since I mentioned Botha and LeBanner.... here's their fight from 2004 :box: Botha won the contest; LeBanner's mother had recently passed away which is probably a reason why his mind wasn't entirely in the fight.

The biggest K1 fight of all time, unfortunately, never happened. That was to be MIKE TYSON vs BOB SAPP, but it never took off passed the negotiating table. "SIGN THE CONTRACT BIG BOY!" :lol:
mrdonleon
Super Bantamweight

Post by mrdonleon »

HomicideHenry
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by HomicideHenry »

And.... The first kickboxer I ever watched, much to my excitement because I never seen another person with my name (even if it was his last name) before :lol: ... Rick "The Jet" Roufus, also had a pretty decent boxing career.

Back when I did ATGRADIO I interviewed him once--- which was another legend off my bucket list--- and he was in negotiations at the time to fight Evander Holyfield, but it never came off.

The only knock on Rick was that he stayed around for far too long--- it was sad to see him in K-1 in his 40s against guys like Hoost and LeBanner, though he did win from time to time. One could see shades of what he once was and walk away from the TV you'd be like, "Damn if he was only a decade younger he'd clean house!"
Crease
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Crease »

There is a famous full-contact fight in the mid 80s between Dennis "The Terminator" Alexio and Don "The Dragon" Wilson where they beat the shite out of each other...
DrDuke
Featherweight

Post by DrDuke »

Found a decent tourney posted not long ago on youtube, which I've never seen before. It features Ernesto Hoost and Bob Schreiber, they met in finals eventually. Hoost is obviously a one of the greatest kickboxers ever, if not the greatest, and Schreiber was an absolute fun to watch warrior, while he was more known for the MMA fights, particulary with the no-hold-barried rules.

gilgamesh
Super Middleweight

Post by gilgamesh »

Tyson would've KO'd Sapp in 1 round.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

mind boggling that bob sapp ko'd hoost twice