American HW Prospect Jared Anderson

oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Re: American HW Prospect Jared Anderson

Post by oogiebe »

Best Coast wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 00:26
sturm vogel wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 20:15

Oh well. When I quote boxrec records I don't search their veracity.
Sturm, it seems like searching for veracity is not one of your strong points. It's easy to bash a young prospect like Anderson & I respect/admire Oogie for coming up with threads about prospects like him. Naysayers/skeptics like you can pontificate all day about how Anderson will be a bust and make no impact in the pro ranks but the fact is that only time & experience will tell how his career will play out. He's got promise & several other commenters have already given him some credit.

You would be better served to find some HW prospects of similar experience level & tell us how you think they compare to Jared Anderson. I already did something like that by pointing out that the same scrub that Anderson demolished in 54 seconds lasted 4 rounds in losing a decision to 7-0 Roney Hines. By comparison, Jared's demolition doesnt look too bad/
Best Coast wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 23:46The talent pool of young US heavyweight prospects is very shallow. I think Jared has a lot more promise than 7-0 Roney Hines. The scrub Infante in the video above that Jared just stopped in a minute lasted 4 rounds when he lost a 4-round UD to Hines in May of this year.
As for Stevekrazy, what he says is definitely true about BoxRec's incomplete database of amateur fights. The folks there have done a good job of adding amateur records to the mix, but there are still lots of fights missing so far.
Don't sweat him. Some folks don't follow the prospects. I love the young guys. Love amateur boxing and it's been a while since America had an amateur star turning pro at HW. Size; length; and some great basic skills with an exceptional jab. At 19 there's a good chance that he'll grow some more as well. It'll be fun to watch him progress.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

Didn't Darmani Rock win a bunch of titles, including the World Junior Championships?
Onetimeonly
Super Bantamweight

Post by Onetimeonly »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:30 Didn't Darmani Rock win a bunch of titles, including the World Junior Championships?
Yeah, a guy I know was huge on him when he was 16 and his son fought in the same tourney.
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:30 Didn't Darmani Rock win a bunch of titles, including the World Junior Championships?
Rock didn't and doesn't impress me. He had one championship of any significance. Prospects that have at least one really terrific attribute are the ones I like to follow. Wilder had that power; Tyson had speed and power; Lewis had a good jab and good movement for a big guy, plus the power; Bowe had size and toughness and really good skills; all that at amateur level. Made it an exciting move to the pros. Just speaking on heavys right now.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:51
Rock didn't and doesn't impress me. He had one championship of any significance. Prospects that have at least one really terrific attribute are the ones I like to follow. Wilder had that power; Tyson had speed and power; Lewis had a good jab and good movement for a big guy, plus the power; Bowe had size and toughness and really good skills; all that at amateur level. Made it an exciting move to the pros. Just speaking on heavys right now.
What do you deem championships of significance? He has won all the major US national tournaments (Golden Gloves, Elite Nationals, and PAL) plus he won the World Juniors and was runner-up at the Youth Olympics.

I think he defo has talent, like nice speed, but he also seems like a slob.
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

Anderson will be in the ring again on November 30th against a as of yet unknown tomato can in Las Vegas.
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:53
oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:51
What do you deem championships of significance? He has won all the major US national tournaments (Golden Gloves, Elite Nationals, and PAL) plus he won the World Juniors and was runner-up at the Youth Olympics.

Rock doesn't do anything special. Even in the ams he didn't. The only championship he won that impresses is the U.S. Amateur Championships which he won in 2015.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:55
margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:53

Rock doesn't do anything special. Even in the ams he didn't. The only championship he won that impresses is the U.S. Amateur Championships which he won in 2015.
Okay, well but then what makes JA an amateur star? Rock won everything he did, plus actually won at the highest level internationally for his age, unlike JA. National PAL, National Golden Gloves, US Nationals, World Juniors, Youth Olympics, loads of stuff in the teen divisions, etc.

JA looks better technically. Though Rock I defo see some speed in his hands and movement, but he needs to get into shape!
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:57
oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 13:55
Okay, well but then what makes JA an amateur star? Rock won everything he did, plus actually won at the highest level internationally for his age, unlike JA. National PAL, National Golden Gloves, US Nationals, World Juniors, Youth Olympics, loads of stuff in the teen divisions, etc.

JA looks better technically. Though Rock I defo see some speed in his hands and movement, but he needs to get into shape!
Rock has talent but his lack of discipline and not stepping up are both going to hurt him. Gotta lose like 30 LBS before I'll take him seriously. Anderson dominated 4 or five straight years.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Counting juniors like we are for JA, Rock did too :yay:

But yes, needs to get in shape.
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:03 Counting juniors like we are for JA, Rock did too :yay:

I was referring to US Nationals. Thought it was more than the two that BoxRec lists.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:06
margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:03 Counting juniors like we are for JA, Rock did too :yay:

I was referring to US Nationals. Thought it was more than the two that BoxRec lists.
I wonder how good the Richard Torrez guy who 5-0'd him is. Check out his record on BoxRec. Though he did certainly get flattened at the worlds
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:10
oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:06

I wonder how good the Richard Torrez guy who 5-0'd him is. Check out his record on BoxRec. Though he did certainly get flattened at the worlds
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

:oo
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:16 :oo
He's kinda 'smallish.' I'll never get that Jalolov KO out of my head.
oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

Shhhh wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:17 Hes only 19 he looks older than Roy jones lol :lol:
LOL! Torrez is the guy in blue! :lol:
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

oogiebe
Super Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

Shhhh wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:23
oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:19

LOL! Torrez is the guy in blue! :lol:
No I mean the photo magic Thatcher put up lol
Oh. LOL! Sorry! :oops:
ValMar
Lightweight

Post by ValMar »

oogiebe wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:18
margaret thatcher wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 14:16 :oo
He's kinda 'smallish.' I'll never get that Jalolov KO out of my head.
Jalolov almost killed Torres.
Best Coast
Lightweight

Post by Best Coast »

I think the big edge Anderson has over Darmani Rock is that he is self-disciplined, solid & well-conditioned, as evidenced by the pro video above. When Rock first turned pro in 2016 he was somewhat pudgy at 6'5" and weighed in his mid-240s. Since early 2018 he has gradually blimped out from his 260s to high 270s and actually came in at a blubbery 289 in June of this year and is still fighting scrubs!! :doh:

Darmani's ring nickname "Rock Solid" is one of the greatest misnomers in boxing!! Before BoxRec replaced Darmani's profile picture in September 2018 with a head shot here was the picture of him obscuring his flabby pecs and bloated belly with a large towel.

As long as Anderson doesnt turn into a fat slob like Darmani has,
he should do much better as a pro than "Rock Solid" has done!!
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Ya i agree, though our fatty Mr. Rock was every bit the amateur star JA was . This Torrez guy best known for being KTFO probably a more accomplished am than both though. Wonder how the pros will play out for him. We'll have to see how these cats roll when they aren't just facing trash cans.
Onetimeonly
Super Bantamweight

Post by Onetimeonly »

Being with roc nation isn't helpful. That whole thing must have been a write off as an initial concept. Hes probably getting good money to plump up on those fast food opponents.
jewboypgh
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jewboypgh »

Dramani Rock Needs to get in shape
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Is big baby some sort of thing in the US. Seems a funny nickname to have multiple fighters using.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

word is that our main man jah is fighting christain hammer next, on fury-whyte card