Page 1 of 1

Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 09:39
by Ruthless-RKO
Heavyweights take aim at each other on Instagram; Ruiz Jr says "big announcement coming soon"

Dillian Whyte has dismissed Andy Ruiz Jr as a "coward" as prospects of the two heavyweights agreeing a fight appeared to rescind.

Earlier this week, promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports Ruiz Jr was "very interested" in a "risky" return bout against Whyte in America.

But on Friday, the American-Mexican took to Instagram to accuse Whyte of avoiding him, saying: "You didn't want any smoke so I moved on to the next opponent."



Ruiz Jr also claimed he is close to confirming his next fight, writing: "Big announcement coming soon."

Whyte did not take long to respond to Ruiz Jr's jibes, taking to Instagram on Saturday morning to write: "No smoke?



"Typical coward move from fake Mexican Andy Ruiz Jr, a blob rolling away from a big payday.

"You're all stomach and no heart. I am more Mexican than you."


Hearn and Whyte are looking to finalise the Brit's schedule ahead of his shot at the WBC world heavyweight title. As the mandatory challenger, he has been promised a fight for the belt by February 2021.

Whyte could now fight Alexander Povetkin before a potential fight in America as he looks to build interest for his world-title fight.

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 09:44
by margaret thatcher
Last I read Pov was almost signed?

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 09:47
by Ruthless-RKO
So this fight's off the table. Should just fight Povetkin now.

Maybe Hearn offered Ruiz a couple of mil? but he wanted more? Maybe he thinks he's the A side.

Who knows.

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 10:10
by DrDuke
Whyte vs Povetkin sounds no less interesting. Hopefully it happens, while Ruiz also gets a decent option.

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 10:14
by handsofstone
Whyte turned down a world title fight and millions to rematch the guy who sparked him out, hardly in a position to call people ducks

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 11:05
by mickey1975
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 09:47 So this fight's off the table. Should just fight Povetkin now.

Maybe Hearn offered Ruiz a couple of mil? but he wanted more? Maybe he thinks he's the A side.

Who knows.
He is the A side. All those Canelo subscribers will want to see Big Andy.

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 14:55
by Onetimeonly
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 09:47 So this fight's off the table. Should just fight Povetkin now.

Maybe Hearn offered Ruiz a couple of mil? but he wanted more? Maybe he thinks he's the A side.

Who knows.
Good, Ruiz is a waste of time.

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 14:56
by Onetimeonly
mickey1975 wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 11:05
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 09:47 So this fight's off the table. Should just fight Povetkin now.

Maybe Hearn offered Ruiz a couple of mil? but he wanted more? Maybe he thinks he's the A side.

Who knows.
He is the A side. All those Canelo subscribers will want to see Big Andy.
Nah, the canelo fans just spend $20 for his two fights a year.

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 15:40
by Ruthless-RKO
Onetimeonly wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 14:56
mickey1975 wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 11:05
He is the A side. All those Canelo subscribers will want to see Big Andy.
Nah, the canelo fans just spend $20 for his two fights a year.
Then unsubscribe for the remaining 10 months

Re: Whyte and Ruiz have turned each other down?

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 15:56
by Onetimeonly
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 15:40
Onetimeonly wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 14:56

Nah, the canelo fans just spend $20 for his two fights a year.
Then unsubscribe for the remaining 10 months
Yup